Test Drive Unlimited 2 - The Real Cruising Simulator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Trailer
Interview

Finally it's possible to create a thread about a racing game and not have it consist of nothing but pictures. Because lo and behold, this game does things other than graphics. A lot of things.

The first game was based on a brilliant concept and ahead of its time. One of my favorite games of the generation. Simply because it does things no other racing game (I know of at least) has ever attempted, and succeeds at it. Somehow Eden Studios managed to capture the "soul" of the cars and the "sense" of cruising. Somehow it was enjoyable to just drive around, somehow you aspired to purchase certain cars not because they had better statistics, but because they appealed to you. All these intangible aspects that I have no idea how you could program into a game. Magic.

Then it coupled this magic with an ingenious multiplayer system where you were always connected and other players would randomly populate the world. As you were driving way too fast on a highway you could get another player showing up in your rear view mirror and suddenly you're in some sort of pseudo-race to somewhere.

And the result was a brilliant and really chill game.

So that's what Eden is building on with TDU2. And I'm ecstatic that they got the chance to do so. Because despite all it had going for it, TDU had some rough edges. Even if this one probably won't be unaffected by those either, years of additional development is bound to make for lots of smooth edges, improvements, additions, surely a fantastic game, and a grand opportunity for those who slept on the first game.

So what does Test Drive Unlimited 2 do then?

Joystiq

It's been four years -- a.k.a. a long time -- since Eden Studios introduced "massively open online racing" with the original Test Drive Unlimited. The series returns this fall in the sequel, which is still MOOR but not just MOAR of the same.

Eden and publisher Atari gave me a peek at the work-in-progress racer yesterday, which was running on PC for demo purposes but at the same resolution and level of detail planned for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. It's already looking gorgeous -- the video above doesn't do it nearly enough justice -- but that's not what impressed me the most. So much as been expanded, tweaked and added to this sequel that I would have believed it if the developer had told me it'd been working on the game since 2006. It also seemed so finished that I couldn't believe we won't be playing it until near the end of this year.

Before getting a look at the game in action, the developer gave me a rundown of what it is looking to accomplish with its "rags to riches" story mode / leveling system. In TDU2, winning races isn't the only means of increasing your driver level (which is joined by an elaborate "MyProfile," er, profile, complete with mood icons and photos you've snapped in-game). Instead, experience is doled out in categories including competitions, discovery percentage, collection completion and even socialization with other players.

This first look at the game world, its textures and extra-saturated colors was eye popping. There's a level cap of 60 and at level 10 you're able to drive to the airport and hop a flight from Ibiza (the game's first location) to Hawaii (its second and the setting of the first TDU, which has been expanded with an additional 600 KM of asphalt and off-road trails). You'll eventually be able to put your winnings into buying the ultimate home -- a yacht -- which comes complete with a totally customizable interior a la PlayStation Home's personal spaces, a jacuzzi to invite friends into and ... the ability to dock it at either island.

Provided you have a constant PSN or XBL connection, single- and multiplayer are meant to blend seamlessly together, allowing you to create groups with other players that stay together until disbanded, moving as a group between races and even hangouts.

The game demo started out in a garage, which, in TDU2, is one of the places that can serve as a social hub. You can walk around in first person in these, inviting other players to join you in admiring your collection. The cars themselves look great, with detail to the nth degree -- outside and in. The car interiors I was shown were far and away the most impressive I've seen in a game, with details down to real-looking carpet, suede and hand--stitched leather. At any time, a friend hanging out in the garage could hop into the passenger seat of the same car to admire its craftsmanship, and even even stay in it as a "co-driver" (who can issue directional icons) if you decide to take it out for a spin.

For the next part of the demo, Eden hit the streets of Ibiza in a blue metallic fleck Audi, driving down to one of the many beach front villages to show off the day and night cycle (which is consistent for everyone playing online and lasts two-and-a-half hours), speeding up time in order to show me a fantastic sunset and the lights of the village turning on. This first look at the game world, its textures and extra-saturated colors was eye-popping. So was the incredible sense of speed.

Next up was some flat-out driving along a road further inland, as traffic zipped by and a sunny day quickly transitioned to pouring rain and lighting (again, sped up for the demo) with the developer commenting that the wet roads will affect the game's reworked, "immediately accessible" car handling. In fact, the demo driver lost control at one point, spinning out and scraping his car's passenger side -- I'm just going to assume it was planned in order to show off the full damage modeling, which I was told will begin with paint scratches and scrapes, and progress to losing entire body panels. However, it won't affect handling.

Eden said it didn't want to penalize players for having fun, although I'd like to see an option to enable or disable it. The developer also said it found that players really liked just cruising the open world of the first game, so it's including "cruise chains," a small HUD that pops up as drifts, jumps and other "daring" feats are chained together, racking up money in the process. Hit something, though, and whatever's been earned during the chain is forfeited.

I got a quick look at another addition: off-road trails. In fact, while tearing down one, the driver came across an old wreck. This counted as a discovery, and I was told that if you find a certain number of each unique wreck, you can then buy that car, which isn't available for purchase in the game any other way. There are other special cars like this which can only be purchased once you've created a racing club with friends (complete with an upgradable clubhouse) and saved up to buy them. Clubs can have presidents and treasurers, the latter being responsible for collecting money from members to wager on challenges with other clubs, clubhouse improvements or buying said cars -- which include an ultra-rare Gumpert Apollo Sport. Then it's just a matter of everyone agreeing who gets to take it out when.

If all of this sounds like a lot ... it is. And it's not even including the challenge editor (create a route, race it to set a reference time, then post it for the world to race with in-game money going to whoever beats your time first). If it also seems like TDU2 sounds impressive, well, it is. That and fun-looking -- and done-looking.

JoystiqJoystiq

This picture looks pretty cool though.

Sheep don't get this game, lolol. Only get silly kiddy kart games for babies lolol. Gamecube is a duct-taped purse. Etc.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Was a fan of the 1st one, but this one just looks like more of the same... even the graphics look unchaged

Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dataleak
Member since 2010 • 1737 Posts

Was a fan of the 1st one, but this one just looks like more of the same... even the graphics look unchaged

GTSaiyanjin2

I've heard it uses the Cryengine 3 so expect real time deformation, better physics, day / night cycles, ect. I personally can't wait, as I loved the first one. Plus this will be a real test to see how optimized the Cryengine 3 is for PCs, until Crysis 2 arrives.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

Home + Racing= TDU2

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Loved the first one soooooooooooooooooo much. 970GS on the 360 version. Cant wait for this! One thing worrys me though. The wheels on the trailer seems a bit flat.

88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

i hated how the cars felt in TDU, hopefully they fix that

the graphics look pretty nice in TDU2 at least

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I spent like 20h playing the demo lol and never bought the full game so maybe i'll get the sequel.
jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

the 1st game was total garbage, boring racing, some of the worst handling ive experienced in a racing game and crap graphics. they only way i will ever own the 2nd one is if some one gives it to me as a gift and even then i would trade it in the next day for a forza/gran turismo/grid/dirt/nfs shift/motorstorm/pure ANYTHING but this garbage

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 InsaneBasura

the 1st game was total garbage, boring racing, some of the worst handling ive experienced in a racing game and crap graphics. they only way i will ever own the 2nd one is if some one gives it to me as a gift and even then i would trade it in the next day for a forza/gran turismo/grid/dirt/nfs shift/motorstorm/pure ANYTHING but this garbage

jon_cia

I don't think it makes much sense to be so overwhelmingly unappreciative of the things it did well, or to assume that the sequel will be the exact same game with no improvements. Especially since the two aspects you had trouble with have been addressed. Joystiq says it looks gorgeous, and while the driving model remains a question mark since no one outside of the developer has played the game yet, the handling is said to have been reworked. They're aware of the feedback and are taking steps to improve the game based on it. It's how sequels typically work.

Also found this.

We're blending technology that's closer to MMO engines than most triple-A games. And the physics in the first one were effectively a sequel to those of the V-Rally games, so we decided to rewrite them from the ground up.
Source
David Nadal

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

Graphics look decent and the handling seems a little to arcadey for my tastes. Gameplay sounds interesting, though. I'll wait for more info and/or a review before I get interested.

Finally it's possible to create a thread about a racing game and not have it consist of nothing but pictures

InsaneBasura

Don't judge me :P

EDIT: Great trailer, btw. 'Looks like it's gonna have a great selection of cars.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Loved the first one, so this'll be a day one purchase for me even if it looks like its just more of the same.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 InsaneBasura

Graphics look decent and the handling seems a little to arcadey for my tastes. Gameplay sounds interesting, though. I'll wait for more info and/or a review before I get interested.

[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]

Finally it's possible to create a thread about a racing game and not have it consist of nothing but pictures

windsquid9000

Don't judge me :P

EDIT: Great trailer, btw. 'Looks like it's gonna have a great selection of cars.

Heh, the only thing I'm judging is Polyphony Digital's uncanny ability to waste an incredibly amount of time on attaining photorealism. I'm sure the game will be great when it's released next year, but FFS, they will have been working (is that grammar?) on it for like seven years. Think it'd be a new record. And judging by how often it's mentioned I have to assume that a lot of that time is spent on things like making the reflection of the shade of a car's HUD color look exactly right in the ridges of the plastic on the dashboard. At some point you have to cut your losses. And I'm actually kind of surprised that Sony is giving them so much freedom. The budget must be gigantic at this point.

Anyway, TDU2 looks pretty cool.

Loved the first one, so this'll be a day one purchase for me even if it looks like its just more of the same.

Snugenz

I think it sounds like they've made tons of additions. Weather, day/night, Ibiza (and Oahu), a sort of kudos type system, "discoveries", a jacuzzi, offroading, a weird passenger co-op thing, a more MMO-like structure to the avatar stuff, and it sounds like they're doing something with the cops, the obvious guess is Hot Pursuit, which would be sweet.

Basically yhis is what Need for Speed should have evolved into. If you liked the old-ish NFS's, up until Porsche Unleashed or some such, you should like this game. I think Eden worked on some version of that game actually.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I agree. I could cruise for hours on the island. Nothing beats racing other players up a mountain :P
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I liked the idea of the first game, but the handling of the cars was atrocious. It sucked all of the fun out of the game for me. Hopefully they have had more time to get it right.

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts
the Test Drive Series have been around since 1987 so i have a lot of respect for it. i did enjoy Test Drive 4 - 6 on the Playstation and Dreamcast. however i didnt Enjoy Test Drive Unlimited so unfortunately i wont be getting this.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

InsaneBasura

I think it sounds like they've made tons of additions. Weather, day/night, Ibiza (and Oahu), a sort of kudos type system, "discoveries", a jacuzzi, offroading, a weird passenger co-op thing, a more MMO-like structure to the avatar stuff, and it sounds like they're doing something with the cops, the obvious guess is Hot Pursuit, which would be sweet.

Basically yhis is what Need for Speed should have evolved into. If you liked the old-ish NFS's, up until Porsche Unleashed or some such, you should like this game. I think Eden worked on some version of that game actually.

Sounds like some very nice editions, i did notice the day/night cycle in the trailer alright and the jacuzzi and beaches(?), and the offroading aswell. Passenger coop sounds awesome if its how i'm thinking it could be.

Did they mention any other types of missions ? (besides the possible cops stuff).

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snugenz

I agree. I could cruise for hours on the island. Nothing beats racing other players up a mountain :Pracing1750

I remember doing like 10 laps around the full circuit (cant remember the name, basically around the whole coast of Oahu) with a few mates, took ages but was an absolute blast. And bike races down the wrong side of the freeway. :D

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Since when was Test Drive a sim?...
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Since when was Test Drive a sim?...skrat_01
Its not, but its bloody good fun :D
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Since when was Test Drive a sim?...clyde46
Its not, but its bloody good fun :D

Very true!
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 InsaneBasura

Sounds like some very nice editions, i did notice the day/night cycle in the trailer alright and the jacuzzi and beaches(?), and the offroading aswell. Passenger coop sounds awesome if its how i'm thinking it could be.

Did they mention any other types of missions ? (besides the possible cops stuff).

Snugenz

I haven't heard anything about that yet, but I hope the delivery missions make a return. Another ingenious aspect of the first game.

You were supplied with a car waaay above your pay grade and asked to deliver it in pristine condition to a place far far away. After that it's a fierce battle between instinct and intelligence as you know that you shouldn't, but can't help but to nail the gas pedal to the floor and risk wrecking.

It simulates driving better than any other racing game I know of. I'm talking about the viiiibe man. GT has tried to accomplish it for a while, but I feel TDU was the first game to succeed.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Sheep don't get this game, lolol. Only get silly kiddy kart games for babies lolol. Gamecube is a duct-taped purse. Etc.

InsaneBasura

If the game is just more of the same, then we sheep don't want the game. :P

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 windsquid9000

Just watched the interview; I'm interested :D

EDIT: But I'm still a little worried about the physics

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]

Zanoh

If the game is just more of the same, then we sheep don't want the game. :P

Good, because you have no choice
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Looks great. I love the song in the trailer :) I kinda missed out on TDU... it seemed like an interesting concept, but I just never picked it up. I may try out this one. Weren't there motorcycles in the first TDU? I didn't see anything about them here...

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

Reading your comment there made me realise one of the reasons I not enjoying Forza as much as a should. For a game with so many cars to chose from, and with so many events, you never really get the impression you are choosing what you want to drive, more so in the third than ever because the game has you driving R cars as much as possible fairly soon in to the game (You arn'tnecessarilyforced too, but none of the other events offer any challenge and give terrible awards. You don't even win cars any more, what's that all about?). Without tweaking cars to match the performance of other cars most of them are useless because of the way they are separated by class, and by the time you tweak the car you are no longer driving the car you were driving in the first place. It's like the equivalent of using cheat codes. That along with the fact that it's an largely artificial simulation. It feels soulless and clinical, and somehow manages to take all the excitement out of racing. It's probably a very different story online but I refuse to pay for Live anymore.

I remember playing the first game for a short while. I was impressed by the scale of it, but I was a bit confused as to what it was actually all about, and I've never really looked in to it further. Maybe I should investigate this game if it's like you say it is.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It would be nice if they integrated actual simulation physics and handling... because that would be exactly the kind of game I would want. Instead of race tracks with Forza cars and physics, its real roads with traffic.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MyopicCanadian

Reading your comment there made me realise one of the reasons I not enjoying Forza as much as a should. For a game with so many cars to chose from, and with so many events, you never really get the impression you are choosing what you want to drive, more so in the third than ever because the game has you driving R cars as much as possible fairly soon in to the game (You arn'tnecessarilyforced too, but none of the other events offer any challenge and give terrible awards. You don't even win cars any more, what's that all about?). Without tweaking cars to match the performance of other cars most of them are useless because of the way they are separated by class, and by the time you tweak the car you are no longer driving the car you were driving in the first place. It's like the equivalent of using cheat codes. That along with the fact that it's an largely artificial simulation. It feels soulless and clinical, and somehow manages to take all the excitement out of racing. It's probably a very different story online but I refuse to pay for Live anymore.

I remember playing the first game for a short while. I was impressed by the scale of it, but I was a bit confused as to what it was actually all about, and I've never really looked in to it further. Maybe I should investigate this game if it's like you say it is.

WasntAvailable
I agree with you there. I do enjoy Forza's driving model, but everything else is just lame... they need to build around the races as well, complete the experience.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Not that I'm a graphics whore but Gawd that looks awful.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Somehow reminds me of Burnout Paradise. Which is a good thing. Very good actualy.
anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

I will be getting this game, but its not a simulator, its arcade as was the first TDU ;)

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Snugenz

It would be nice if they integrated actual simulation physics and handling... because that would be exactly the kind of game I would want. Instead of race tracks with Forza cars and physics, its real roads with traffic.

foxhound_fox

Now this would be amazing. Forza's car models and physics engine in the TDU world :D

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I used to love the test drive games, haven't played one since like Off-Road maybe?
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]Sounds like some very nice editions, i did notice the day/night cycle in the trailer alright and the jacuzzi and beaches(?), and the offroading aswell. Passenger coop sounds awesome if its how i'm thinking it could be.

InsaneBasura

I haven't heard anything about that yet, but I hope the delivery missions make a return. Another ingenious aspect of the first game.

You were supplied with a car waaay above your pay grade and asked to deliver it in pristine condition to a place far far away. After that it's a fierce battle between instinct and intelligence as you know that you shouldn't, but can't help but to nail the gas pedal to the floor and risk wrecking.

It simulates driving better than any other racing game I know of. I'm talking about the viiiibe man. GT has tried to accomplish it for a while, but I feel TDU was the first game to succeed.

So you say that it simulates racing better than GTR-2???

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 InsaneBasura

Looks great. I love the song in the trailer :) I kinda missed out on TDU... it seemed like an interesting concept, but I just never picked it up. I may try out this one. Weren't there motorcycles in the first TDU? I didn't see anything about them here...

MyopicCanadian

No bikes on release. They're saying they'll add some in later. Prepare your credit cards I guess, because I'd be surprised if this update will be free. :(

Song is:
Ellie Goulding - Under the Sheets (Jakwob remix)

WasntAvailable

I can't guarantee you'll feel the same way about it, but considering how cheap it has to be these days I'd say it's worth a shot.

foxhound_fox

I think it's pretty safe to say it'll be some sort of mix between sim and arcade again. I'm hoping it'll feel similar to PGR myself. A bit more balanced towards the simulation side of the scale.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MyopicCanadian

Thanks for the song! No bikes on release?? Damn. Went from a must-purchase to a maybe. I thought it would be killer to get a red Buell 1125R like my own and rip through Ibiza in it.. want more bikes in my car games! PGR4 had it right, at least.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 windsquid9000

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

Snugenz

Now this would be amazing. Forza's car models and physics engine in the TDU world :D

If I could have such a game, I would die a happy man...
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 InsaneBasura

So you say that it simulates racing better than GTR-2???

Arach666

That's not at all what I'm saying.

Not that I'm a graphics whore but Gawd that looks awful.Fightingfan

You evidently are. Not the best looking racing game ever, but considering the scale it looks pretty good. Or really, it looks pretty good period. And at the risk of coming off a bit like a hypocrite, the interiors are pretty detailed.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

InsaneBasura

I think it's pretty safe to say it'll be some sort of mix between sim and arcade again. I'm hoping it'll feel similar to PGR myself. A bit more balanced towards the simulation side of the scale.

How does PGR feel like a sim? :? There is nothing "sim" about it.

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

I'll stick with iRacing and my other proper driving sims. I may pick this up regardless, its nice having a wheel that supports PC/PS3/360 (360 has garbage FFB support though)

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Looks bad in my opinion. From the look of that trailer the cars turn unnaturally and there are random parties that have nothing to do with racing.
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
Looks bad in my opinion. From the look of that trailer the cars turn unnaturally and there are random parties that have nothing to do with racing.brandontwb
Agreed. It looks like one of those hang outs for people from Jersey Shore or w/e. No offense to anyone. Just an observation >_>
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

Tc maybe you should leanr about the game b4 making a thread. its not a racing sim. neither was the first game. its another arcade street racer. compering it to GT5 is crazy

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Song is:
Ellie Goulding - Between the Sheets (Jakwob remix)

InsaneBasura

It's actually Ellie Goulding - Under the Sheets (Jakwob remix).

Just in case anyone was confused.

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Let me also say that I am super super hyped for TDU2 right now. I've already pre-ordered the game from Amazon. Apart from the horrible driving model, the first game was just so awesome on so many levels. If they've fixed the driving model in the new game, there will be nothing stopping it from getting racing/driving GOTY, in my opinion.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Im interested. the first game was fantastic and unfortunatly very underhyped.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 InsaneBasura

How does PGR feel like a sim? :? There is nothing "sim" about it.

zero_snake99

It's "A bit more balanced towards the simulation side of the scale."

Arcade|------PGR----|Sim
More towards -->

Looks bad in my opinion. From the look of that trailer the cars turn unnaturally and there are random parties that have nothing to do with racing.brandontwb

You can hardly judge the way a game controls by watching a couple of seconds of footage.

But I'm not a particularly big fan of their attempts to infuse the game with even more of this "lifestyyle" bollocks either. Seems misguided, and in the first game it only made things feel douchey. But that's only one part of the game. All other additions and improvements sound promising.

Tc maybe you should leanr about the game b4 making a thread. its not a racing sim. neither was the first game. its another arcade street racer. compering it to GT5 is crazy

Revolution316

Why is that everyone thinks I think TDU (and PGR) are racing sims? I'm just gonna change the title since that seems to confuse some.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 InsaneBasura

[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]

Song is:
Ellie Goulding - Between the Sheets (Jakwob remix)

UnnDunn

It's actually Ellie Goulding - Under the Sheets (Jakwob remix).

Just in case anyone was confused.

Curse the guy I copy/pasted from.

KSU-Wildcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 KSU-Wildcat
Member since 2008 • 859 Posts

"The Real Driving Simulator?" I own and admittedly enjoyed the first TDU, but I would never call it a driving simulator. Playing TDU and then Forza is like night and day. Can't wait though! Should be great fun. Hopefully more people play it online this time.