Tell us, Lemmings. Which is it? Ownage for hype or for game quality?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

I mean, pick one. You can either say you have ownage for a flop because cows hyped it to high. Or, you have ownage because the game is no good. Which one is it?

We have lemming after lemming creating threads about all of the PS3 "flops." Heavenly Sword, Lair, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, and Uncharted have all been called flops. And most lemmings are saying that these so called "flops" are a reason NOT to buy a PS3. Wha, wha, what? These games are all crappy games that won't be fun, won't play well, won't look great, and won't sound good? Are you kidding?

Seriously, pull your face away from Bill Gates' backside for a second and look around. These are great games that will be fun to play. No doubt. Even Lair.

A review isn't just a number. Read the Lair review. Then tell me it failed in every aspect. Tell me they didn't say it was beautiful. Tell me they didn't say the story and animations weren't great. Tell me how the audio was bad. If you read the reviews, you can't. So, cut the crap.

Its still within PS3 first year and PS3 is gettingas good or bettertitles than 360 did in its first. And rip on Lair all you want, at least Sony is trying something different with the six-axis. At least they're giving it a try. At least they are trying to add something to gaming. Unlike others who rely on older hardware and the same old same.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

"Lair is a beautiful disaster"

I think that sums it up, meaning pretty on the outside, crappy gameplay inside.

I'm alot more concerned with gameplay then score, a-la Crackdown. But Lair just sucked with controls and everything you need to actually play it.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dubvisions

And the award for "Best Damage Control" goes tooooo...!Newnab

Call it what you want. I could care less. What I said was true. And you prove noone wrong with your childish statement. Why don't you add something to the thread.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
Nice almost all its games are floping :lol:, nice damage control thread.
Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Seckzy_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
The Lair was only possible with the Blu-ray!
Driftwood111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Driftwood111
Member since 2005 • 577 Posts

Oh dear, tear-streaming Cow ownage control.

To me the ownage is from both. The Cows hyping a title, then it flopping, and the fact they purchased a system and have it collecting more dust than an antique store.

Honestly, if you're that emotionally affected by how much you wasted your money, just try and Ebay it or anything, try to recoup your losses and move on. It's a sad day once more for all Cow kind.

istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
i sound like a noob.. but who the fk is lemmings?
Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Seckzy_Gamer

To me the ownage is from both. The Cows hyping a titles, then it flopping, and the fact they purchased a system and have it collecting more dust than an antiques store.

Honestly, if you're that emotionally affected by how much you wasted your money, just try and Ebay it or anything, try to recoup your losses and move on. It's a sad day once more for all Cow kind.

Driftwood111

The people on Ebay can't even get rid of that POS

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dubvisions

Nice almost all its games are floping :lol:, nice damage control thread.-wii60-

Whats more damage control? Me defending my own console's titles.Or lemmings caring so much about games they never play? Whats the matter lemmings? Are you guys scared that with even l ow scoring games like Lair, PS3 will still kick your butt this holiday season?

Choga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Choga
Member since 2006 • 2377 Posts
Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Seckzy_Gamer

i sound like a noob.. but who the fk is lemmings?istylee

We are the people that buy a system for game quality and not cause it says "Sony" on the box

I know some cow poke is going to say 'bu bu the red rings of death"

Hasn't happened to me yet and I have the dough to buy another

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dubvisions
[QUOTE="Driftwood111"]

To me the ownage is from both. The Cows hyping a titles, then it flopping, and the fact they purchased a system and have it collecting more dust than an antiques store.

Seckzy_Gamer

Are you kidding? Are you seriously kidding?

How easy is it to sell a used 360? Any idea? I mean who wants to buy a system thats already broken down. Shoot, it''ll break down when brand new. I have may friends that have tried to sell their 360 and were not able to.

I play my PS3 daily. And I have been since last christmas. Don;t throw out there tht no one plays them when you know thats false. Shoot, I'd rather have it collect dust and be there whenever I want to play than to be forced by some rings of death to send it elsewhere to collect dust.

Good news, though, lemmings. Ms is building a 360 repair visitors center. Now you can go visit your 360 while its getting fixed!!! The hard part is, figuring out which one is yours out of the thousands there.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -wii60-

[QUOTE="-wii60-"]Nice almost all its games are floping :lol:, nice damage control thread.dubvisions

Whats more damage control? Me defending my own console's titles.Or lemmings caring so much about games they never play? Whats the matter lemmings? Are you guys scared that with even l ow scoring games like Lair, PS3 will still kick your butt this holiday season?

Just like u cows caring so much about other games like halo 3 or metroid prime 3. 4.5 move on and stop crying.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
Why are you giving kudos to sony for trying something new with the sixaxis, when its obvious the sixaxis controls suck?
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts

[QUOTE="Newnab"]And the award for "Best Damage Control" goes tooooo...!dubvisions

Call it what you want. I could care less. What I said was true. And you prove noone wrong with your childish statement. Why don't you add something to the thread.

Ok, I'll humour you.

I mean, pick one. You can either say you have ownage for a flop because cows hyped it to high. Or, you have ownage because the game is no good. Which one is it?

We have lemming after lemming creating threads about all of the PS3 "flops." Heavenly Sword, Lair, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, and Uncharted have all been called flops. And most lemmings are saying that these so called "flops" are a reason NOT to buy a PS3. Wha, wha, what? These games are all crappy games that won't be fun, won't play well, won't look great, and won't sound good? Are you kidding?

Seriously, pull your face away from Bill Gates' backside for a second and look around. These are great games that will be fun to play. No doubt. Even Lair.

A review isn't just a number. Read the Lair review. Then tell me it failed in every aspect. Tell me they didn't say it was beautiful. Tell me they didn't say the story and animations weren't great. Tell me how the audio was bad. If you read the reviews, you can't. So, cut the crap.

Its still within PS3 first year and PS3 is gettingas good or bettertitles than 360 did in its first. And rip on Lair all you want, at least Sony is trying something different with the six-axis. At least they're giving it a try. At least they are trying to add something to gaming. Unlike others who rely on older hardware and the same old same.

dubvisions

Pick one? Why should we. If a game sucks completely AND fails to live up to it's hype by a mile... Then it's ownage. I don't see why anyone has to "pick one" when both are true.

One or two lemmings (But not all, I stress) have made threads calling other games flops. That's wrong and there's no arguement for it other than "These are my predictions". I can't condone that, but it's far from all lemmings doing it. Infact, I've seen two people do it. Maybe a couple more have that I missed, but it's hardly an epidemic.

As for the games (if you're looking for my opinion), Heavenly Sword has got some... Iffy reviews, nothing to suggest it will live up to it's AAA hype so it's likely going to be a flop. Rachet and Clank will probably match the hype, Uncharted may well be a flop in my opinion because it doesn't look very fun (Uncharted reminds me of Lair all over again actually. Good developer, great graphics but doesn't look that fun) but we'll see. Warhawk isn't a flop, we all know that and it's one of a few games I'd actually like to play.

Lair isn't a great game. It just isn't. It's no fun to play and that's that. Lair failed where it counts.

Xbox 360's launch lineup alone had more AAA and AA and AAAe and AAe titles than the PS3 has had to date. The PS3 isn't getting as good as the 360 yet, it's still quite a way off.

At least Sony is trying something different? Well I think most PS3 owners wished they'd stick to having good games as opposed to ****ty different.

Sixaxis isn't exactly new, revolutionary, or adding to gaming. It's a poor attempt to try and capture the motion sensing market that Wii so clearly dominates and it hasn't been used properly or well yet. Old Microsoft PC controllers kick the **** out of the sixaxis in terms of adding motion sensing.

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

Double standards FTL!

You callthe 360'sAAA (PDZ) games a FLOP but as soon as a "lemming" deservely posts a topic bashing an actual FLOP you throw hissy fits, Oh the madness "lair's not a flop becuase I like it!".

Dubvision dont act like you haved bashed a flop!

DAMAGE CONTRO!L no other way you can explain this thread.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

You must be new here, since every lemmings said that the the graphics were good but the gameplay sucks

i sound like a noob.. but who the fk is lemmings?istylee

360 owners

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dubvisions

Why are you giving kudos to sony for trying something new with the sixaxis, when its obvious the sixaxis controls suck?JPOBS

Have you played with it? I have, and it has worked well with anumber of titles. You just have to get used to it. Its a challange that takes a gamer out of his normal comfort zone. And thats where yousee most bashing the six-axis, with any game. Therefore, I will try Lair before I believe the right-ups. They've been wrong before.

Driftwood111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Driftwood111
Member since 2005 • 577 Posts

[QUOTE="-wii60-"]Nice almost all its games are floping :lol:, nice damage control thread.dubvisions

Wow my Mooing friend, you truly are desperate. Are there still tears in your eyes when you read the review this morning and all the other examples of critical floppage? no doubt, the depressive life of a Cow.

Let me diagnose you:

Buyer's Remorse: You no doubt spent alot of your measly allowance on a Ps3, and no as much as you'd like to deny it, you're regretting spending your momma's money because... it was a waste.

I know for a young kid like yourself, thats great a waste of cash thathas harmed your Ego, thus you're hear trying to defend your beloved brand name with outrageous magic-ball remarks. The staple of Cowkind.

If I was you I'd step away from any Gaming websites, just live in ignorance that your console has any hope this holiday seasonin its cesspool of floppage that it resides in. That's my advice but I'm by no means a Dr.Phill, maybe you should go there and cry on his shoulder instead of ours.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

[QUOTE="JPOBS"]Why are you giving kudos to sony for trying something new with the sixaxis, when its obvious the sixaxis controls suck?dubvisions

Have you played with it? I have, and it has worked well with anumber of titles. You just have to get used to it. Its a challange that takes a gamer out of his normal comfort zone. And thats where yousee most bashing the six-axis, with any game. Therefore, I will try Lair before I believe the right-ups. They've been wrong before.

oh ok...
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dubvisions

Double standards FTL!

You callthe 360'sAAA (PDZ) games a FLOP but as soon as a "lemming" deservely posts a topic bashing an actual FLOP you throw hissy fits, Oh the madness "lair's not a flop becuase I like it!".

sadikovic

Show me where I bashed PDZ. never have.

OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts

The Lair was only possible with the Blu-ray!Seckzy_Gamer

ur sig is so funny:lol: anyways back to topic cows react the same way so get over it

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Seckzy_Gamer
[QUOTE="Seckzy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Driftwood111"]

dubvisions

Are you kidding? Are you seriously kidding?

How easy is it to sell a used 360? Any idea? I mean who wants to buy a system thats already broken down. Shoot, it''ll break down when brand new. I have may friends that have tried to sell their 360 and were not able to.

I play my PS3 daily. And I have been since last christmas. Don;t throw out there tht no one plays them when you know thats false. Shoot, I'd rather have it collect dust and be there whenever I want to play than to be forced by some rings of death to send it elsewhere to collect dust.

Good news, though, lemmings. Ms is building a 360 repair visitors center. Now you can go visit your 360 while its getting fixed!!! The hard part is, figuring out which one is yours out of the thousands there.

I got a warranty through Gamestop and can get a "new" one by bringing in the old one so rings of death and onions don't worry me one bit

lohithbms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 lohithbms
Member since 2005 • 5081 Posts
you've taken System Wars a bit too seriously!!!!
BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BatmanBegins24
Member since 2005 • 7520 Posts
It's a fact that the 360 has more exclusive AA and AAAs at launch than the PS3 has now.So how is it having a better year?
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

Wow - I'm a PC Gamer, and - dude, what a rediculous thing to say. Have you actually read the Lair review? Yes, they said it was beautiful, but how can you say the review looked at Lair in a positive light with a quote like this:

"You shouldn't play Lair. Not unless you have some morbid interest in experiencing what is quite possibly one of the worst control schemes ever devised;" or this: " But great visuals and sound mean absolutely nothing in Lair. Forget Lair entirely."

Look, I hate both the 360 and the PS3 - but simply put, the 360 has far better games coming and that have came. The only game that is currently out on the PS3 that I'm remotely interested in is Warhawk.

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts
[QUOTE="sadikovic"]

Double standards FTL!

dubvisions

Show me where I bashed PDZ. never have.

I talk about cows in general!

But wait let me check your post history if you have ever bashed a 360! I'll call damage control/double standards and you should leave this topic alone.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

dubvisions

Wow now thats some hefty damage control. You telling others to pull their face away from Gats rear end and look around and yet you are claiming Lair is fun to play and a great game? Don't make me laugh.

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Newnab

Dubvisions is an attention whore. He loves to start massive long threads in which he's being silly or obviously wrong, and totally ignores all the ownage he recieves from various sources, charging headlong with his "Moooooo!".

Maybe one day we should stop humouring him.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

Damage Control ^_^ You may say otherwise but it is.

We don't hold a flop as a bad quality game around here, a flop is a game that doesn't live up to its hype after thats over with its a deciding choice weather to keep calling it a flop or not. Generally at the moment your cows greatest games coming out have hit the curb and been stomped by fanboys and gamers alike, it doesn't matter what console you have, sony games are all giltz and glam but in the end they just aren't fun to play.

(Not a lemming, or sheep, just a hermit with a deep wallet to own all consoles)
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dubvisions

Dubvisions is an attention whore. He loves to start massive long threads in which he's being silly or obviously wrong, and totally ignores all the ownage he recieves from various sources, charging headlong with his "Moooooo!".

Maybe one day we should stop humouring him.

Newnab

Who am I ignoring? I read your rant.

Seckzy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Seckzy_Gamer

Cows don't act like people that enjoy games , that act like Sony is a god.

Whenever I joke about FF or MGS some cow spazes out on me and throws personal insults at me.

I love the Halo games but I could careless if cows call it G@yloor make fun of a fictional character called "Master Chief"

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -wii60-
This guy thinks his words are law and facts :lol:, and yet he's 30 years old doing damage control in some forum.
Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Newnab

This guy thinks his words are law and facts :lol:, and yet he's 30 years old doing damage control in some forum.-wii60-

Not to mention 30 years old and threatening people with playground scrap violence over the internet XD

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackbond

WRONG! Be honest there. Lemming means you are blind. Blind to the fact that the 360 has old hardware.

dubvisions

And yet its multiplats 99% of the time look better and its games at the moment have better graphics. Please explain to me why the PS3 can't out perform a POS, 1 year older, $200 cheaper piece of hardware. Then explain to me how you can call anyone blind when you have a Killzone avatar and defend Lair of all games.

OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
for being 30 years old u are acting like the worst kid.the game had bad reviews all over and u are trying to convince people here otherwise.so be mature about it and move on please stop ur silliness
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

dubvisions

Can't I say that a game that's no good was hyped too high?

Can't see why I have to only pick on, after all, it failed on so many levels.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -wii60-

[QUOTE="-wii60-"]This guy thinks his words are law and facts :lol:, and yet he's 30 years old doing damage control in some forum.Newnab

Not to mention 30 years old and threatening people with playground scrap violence over the internet XD

:lol:
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dubvisions
[QUOTE="dubvisions"]

WRONG! Be honest there. Lemming means you are blind. Blind to the fact that the 360 has old hardware.

Blackbond

And yet its multiplats 99% of the time look better and its games at the moment have better graphics. Please explain to me why the PS3 can't out perform a POS, 1 year older, $200 cheaper piece of hardware. Then explain to me how you can call anyone blind when you have a Killzone avatar and defend Lair of all games.

Tell me where any of the multiplat difference is do to hardware and not the time devs have had with it.

What a joke.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blackbond

Liste, don;t talk to me like you know me. If you did, I'd be at your house right now bashing your face in.

I am 30 years old.

dubvisions

OMG this couldn't get any better. A 30 year old man threating potentially a kid on the internet with an ass beating:lol:

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="dubvisions"]

dubvisions

Tell me where any of the multiplat difference is do to hardware and not the time devs have had with it.

What a joke.

Why don't Sony in house games look better then GeOW or Bioshock yet then? No matter how you cut it. The PS3 can't out perform a year older, $200 cheaper, POS. What does that say about it?

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -wii60-
[QUOTE="dubvisions"][QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="dubvisions"]

Blackbond

What a joke.

Why don't Sony in house games look better then GeOW or Bioshock yet then? No matter how you cut it. The PS3 can't out perform a year older, $200 cheaper, POS. What does that say about it?

ouch that hurts,and its true! :lol: