Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Shouldn't be a surprise that a Pro or Scorpio version of a game will have some graphical improvements over the original hardware.

The PS4 Pro version of Tekken 7 features a ‘noticeable difference in graphical quality’ over the standard version of the upcoming fighting game sequel, series producer Katsuhiro Harada has revealed...

...“Microsoft hasn’t really announced many details about Scorpio yet, so there isn’t a whole lot we can say about that, and then, for the PS4 Pro, the only thing we can say is there is a noticeable difference in the graphical quality, so for those people who have a PS4 Pro, we hope that you’ll play the game on that platform,” he said.

But what could be more noticeable besides a bump in resolution? Better textures, effects, or framerate? What do you guys think?

Link

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Better be better frame rates, **** the gimmicks.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

Its Tekken bud, it'll be 60 fps no matter which console you're on

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Good. I'm also looking forward to messing around with the VR mode.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@iandizion713: This thread is probably not for you if you don't care about graphics.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

I highly doubt that a fighting game would ever focus on graphics over 60fps.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Zero_epyon:

Resolution and framerate.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

You guys, this game is going to be 60fps on everything it runs on. It's already 60 in arcades. Frame rate will not change one bit.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By QuadKnight

Only noobs that don't play fighting games will ever question a Tekken game being 60fps. The game is unplayable without a locked 60fps. NamcoBandai will never release it if it doesn't stay locked on every system it's on.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@quadknight said:

Only noobs that don't play fighting games will ever question a Tekken game being 60fps. The game is unplayable without a locked 60fps. NamcoBandai will never release it if it doesn't stay locked on every system it's on.

Like seriously lol who ships a fighting game under 60 fps?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@quadknight said:

I really hope this is sarcasm...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

It's great to hear that the developers are making the most of each platform they are developing on. :)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By QuadKnight

@navyguy21 said:
@quadknight said:

It isn't. Tekken is one of the top-tier fighting games in the industry and arguably NamcoBandai's top seller, no way they release it stuttering. If they are having performance issues they will delay it until they fix the issue. Performance is king in the fighting game genre.

PC will be the only system that it isn't locked on for obvious reasons.

@doomdizzle said:
@quadknight said:

Literally no one lol. Can you imagine playing a game like SFV or Tekken with dipping framerates? I can't lol.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts
@quadknight said:
@navyguy21 said:
@quadknight said:

It isn't. Tekken is one of the top-tier fighting games in the industry and arguably NamcoBandai's top seller, no way they release it stuttering. If they are having performance issues they will delay it until they fix the issue.

@doomdizzle said:
@quadknight said:

Literally no one lol.

I love those things hanging down in your avatar.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuadKnight

@kvally: I like the chick in your avatar too ;)

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@quadknight said:
@navyguy21 said:
@quadknight said:

It isn't. Tekken is one of the top-tier fighting games in the industry and arguably NamcoBandai's top seller, no way they release it stuttering. If they are having performance issues they will delay it until they fix the issue. Performance is king in the fighting game genre.

@doomdizzle said:
@quadknight said:

Literally no one lol. Can you imagine playing a game like SFV or Tekken with dipping framerates? I can't lol.

I dont think there has been a Tekken game yet that didnt have frame drops.

I love the series, but come on dude.

Just google it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuadKnight

@navyguy21 said:
@quadknight said:
@navyguy21 said:
@quadknight said:

@doomdizzle said:
@quadknight said:

I dont think there has been a Tekken game yet that didnt have frame drops.

I love the series, but come on dude.

Just google it.

I just googled it and the only issues with frame drops I've seen are from people playing Tekken on PS2 emulators on PC, frame drops on TTT2 on WiiU, a bug with music causing framerate drops on TTT2 on Xbox, and 3D mode causing frame rate to be halved in TTT2 on PS3 and 360.

If there are any other instances of frame drops I'm missing please educate me.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@quadknight: It didn't run good on Wii U.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QuadKnight

@iandizion713: ? I listed WiiU. Not surprising though considering how 3rd parties treated WiiU.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

There's other things going on with the game too.

More Tekken 7 Gameplay Footage Released: Character Customization, Story Mode, and More

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

This is why you don't discuss fighting games on SW lmao.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Sounds good. I'm just really looking forward to getting my hands on this game. Will be picking up the Xbox One version myself. Looking forward to seeing what it'll look like on the Scorpio later on.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Shouldn't be a surprise that a Pro or Scorpio version of a game will have some graphical improvements over the original hardware.

The PS4 Pro version of Tekken 7 features a ‘noticeable difference in graphical quality’ over the standard version of the upcoming fighting game sequel, series producer Katsuhiro Harada has revealed...

...“Microsoft hasn’t really announced many details about Scorpio yet, so there isn’t a whole lot we can say about that, and then, for the PS4 Pro, the only thing we can say is there is a noticeable difference in the graphical quality, so for those people who have a PS4 Pro, we hope that you’ll play the game on that platform,” he said.

But what could be more noticeable besides a bump in resolution? Better textures, effects, or framerate? What do you guys think?

Link

Parity will not work. We know the Scorpio is more powerful.

Frame rate will be the same for all consoles, likely 60fps. Scorpio should look best graphically.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zero_epyon

@loe12k said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Link

Parity will not work. We know the Scorpio is more powerful.

Frame rate will be the same for all consoles, likely 60fps. Scorpio should look best graphically.

Ok but that's not the point. The point is what did they improve over the original versions that make it noticeable, besides resolution of course.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@ConanTheStoner said:

This is why you don't discuss fighting games on SW lmao.

Because people start...

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)

fighting?