Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@Gue1 said:

never cared for Tekken and too bad they dropped their in-house engine to use a generic piece of trash that most devs will be using this gen.

http://www.aol.com/video/tekken-7-announced/518316459/

The announcement was supposed to be during Evo, so I have no idea how IGN got ahold of this so fast.

[edit: Namco were testing the projector for the footage they will show in a couple of hours and many people saw the logo...]

HAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah, that's why it was voted the best engine to work with by developers:

Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4 was recently voted the best game engine by developers in the Develop 100: The Tech List. The voting was done by over 45 technology know-hows, indie devs, and other industry experts. Unreal Engine 4 ranked number two overall on the gaming tech list, being surpassed only by a credit-card sized computer that goes by the name of Raspberry Pi. A whole bunch of other game engines made the list as well. This includes Unity 5 (No.3), CryEngine (No.11), Havok Engine (No.17), PhyreEngine (No.44), Shiva Engine (No.47), Turbulenz Engine (No.57), HeroEngine (No.69), Goo Engine (No.75), Leadwerks Engine (No.78) and SGX engine (No.98). Link

Yeah, those look TOTALLY shitty. But seriously, it's good to see Japanese devs adopting middleware; reluctance to embrace middleware was one of the major thing holding back Japanese studios last gen. The use of middleware allows for longer development time on the game itself (ie no having to make individual engines for each new game), and allows developers to take their skills elsewhere.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Micropixel said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I sure hope it comes to WiiU! HAHAHAHAHAHA fat chance. PS3, PS4, and Xbox One for sure.

There's already a Tekken game on Wii U, so who knows? I wouldn't completely rule it out yet.

I would because despite many people wanting to play Soul Calibur 2 with Link in it again Namco opt out in Bringing Soul Calibur 2 HD to the WiiU.

Street Fighter IV is on 3DS yet Capcom isn't willing to put Ultra on WiiU, let alone update the 3DS game.

Team Ninja seems peach keen supporting Nintendo, yet hasn't even decided to bring over it's popular Dead or Alive franchise to the WiiU.

Wii barely got Tatsunoko vs Capcom and it's a miracle that Guilty Gear even came on the System.

Face it This isn't coming to WiiU.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#53 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

Isn't Tekken a japanese series? Why the **** are they using western recourses? I thought that was against the rules? :P

To save money. Harada has pointed out recently that funding mechanisms (as well as money) are a big issue given that the market at home is moving towards mobile (which is where most funding/marketing money goes).

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Mortal Kombat x will kickass this gen, maybe tekken 7 will surprise us instead of just making the same game with a few new characters all the time.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@mems_1224: You should have that attitude towards shooters. This gen needs fighting games.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@ziggy-mandias: Thats nostalgia talking, play Tekken 3 after playing Tekken 6. Tekken 3 feels far more limited in comparison.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

honestly TC..where do you come off calling UE4 generic? do you even know what that word means?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

I've lost all interest in tekken.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

still no news on tekken x street fighter? Is it gonna happen ?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I hope it has great music.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#61 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I love how Tekken games play, but I have a feeling this game is going to have some janky visuals and an overall lack of polish.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#62  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@lawlessx said:

honestly TC..where do you come off calling UE4 generic? do you even know what that word means?

I feel like the TC doesn't feel content unless he says at least one stupid thing in every OP.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Gue1 said:

[...] a generic piece of trash that most devs will be using this gen.

What's wrong with lots of people using it? And what makes you think it will be "trash"?

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Don't really care. I want DOA 6

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

all these requests to legitimise the criticism against ue4 - and nobody answers the call.

all i could really think they'd have to say was that it's a middleware in it's infancy, which can make things challenging especially if modifying the codebase of an engine in development (see 2k and bioshock's tech team).

and also, that there aren't any proven implementations of ue4 (eg ue4 powered games)

but really, that's expected with a virgin middleware.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#66 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

The cinematic trailer has the tagline "The Final Battle". Does that mean it's the last in the series?

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

all these requests to legitimise the criticism against ue4 - and nobody answers the call.

all i could really think they'd have to say was that it's a middleware in it's infancy, which can make things challenging especially if modifying the codebase of an engine in development (see 2k and bioshock's tech team).

and also, that there aren't any proven implementations of ue4 (eg ue4 powered games)

Dying Light. If they have a challenge, it will likely be the result of limited UE4 documentation and developer assistance in Japanese. I don't know how well Epic's Japanese team has improved over the years, but I would assume it's now markedly better.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@cfisher2833 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Dying Light. If they have a challenge, it will likely be the result of limited UE4 documentation and developer assistance in Japanese. I don't know how well Epic's Japanese team has improved over the years, but I would assume it's now markedly better.

yeah true man, that is definitely a legitimate handicap to their developing with ue4.

my japanese is poor, but i also think you're right about epic improving their japanese support - https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/JPN/GettingStarted/index.html

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

The actual reveal at Evo was pretty funny since Harada came on stage and told everyone the game was leaked and it was probably Ono, but because the game was leaked unexpectedly he had to throw together a reveal trailer and have everyone act surprised.

ziggy-mandias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#71 ziggy-mandias
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@ziggy-mandias: Thats nostalgia talking, play Tekken 3 after playing Tekken 6. Tekken 3 feels far more limited in comparison.

I have done and I still say Tekken 3 was better!

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

lol first page with freak rage

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

My only problem is when every game starts looking the same because they all used the same unreal engine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@kingjazziephiz

Amen to that ! :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide

The Engine can be modified like Irrational Games did.

The engine is also very versatile and can do anything from photorealism to cell shading and everything in between, if all games wind up looking the same then thats on Developers not Epic Games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I guess I missed the last 5 games.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@voljin1987 said:

still no news on tekken x street fighter? Is it gonna happen ?

We're going to die waiting at this point.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts
@Articuno76 said:

@parkurtommo said:

Isn't Tekken a japanese series? Why the **** are they using western recourses? I thought that was against the rules? :P

To save money. Harada has pointed out recently that funding mechanisms (as well as money) are a big issue given that the market at home is moving towards mobile (which is where most funding/marketing money goes).

Yeah it could have to do with how japan's market is changing with mobile's taking over consoles.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

I love how Tekken games play, but I have a feeling this game is going to have some janky visuals and an overall lack of polish.

I'm thinking T7 will be less colorful and more dark and gritty using UE4.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@SonySoldier-_- said:
@Articuno76 said:

@parkurtommo said:

Yeah it could have to do with how japan's market is changing with mobile's taking over consoles.

Yes, that is what he said.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Tekken 3 is still the best.

Yep...

Anyway Namco, i'll be playing Guilty Gear Xrd thank you very much.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Good more Fighters!. Now I am waiting on Madcatz to set a release date for their PS4 Fightstick.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
@blamix99 said:

Mortal Kombat x will kickass this gen, maybe tekken 7 will surprise us instead of just making the same game with a few new characters all the time.

Surprise us by continuing to be the most popular fighting game worldwide for good reasons. Not sorry: MK isn't up to par.

This is coming from a fan of Capcom's 2D fighters.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@blamix99 said:

Surprise us by continuing to be the most popular fighting game worldwide for good reasons. Not sorry: MK isn't up to par.

This is coming from a fan of Capcom's 2D fighters.

i'm a huge fan of capcoms 2D fighters too, i never missed a street fighter,MvC,tekken game. but since the ps3/xbox360 tekken was nothing but the same of tekken 4,5 on the PS2, it's like 10% new stuff