Taking a moment to show some appreciation: A Microsoft Story -- Tell yours too!

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

We spend so much time on here arguing over which console, game, accessory, internet service is best, but we never stop for a moment to just say thank you to these corporations which do so much to shape and mold our childhood, teenage years and even adult life. Let's just take a moment to write a short thank you letter to our favorite company.

Dear Microsoft,

Thank you for entering the console market back in 2001. Halo completely blew me away the first time I played it at gamestop, and it remains a huge part of my childhood. You have done so much to change the gaming world, from introducing HDDs as standard in each console, franchises like Halo, Forza, Titanfall, etc, revolutionizing the online experience with Live, and improving controllers by introducing analog vibration feedback in the Xbone controllers. Please continue to push the envelope and ignore the haters. I fully support your idea of always-online so we may access our games ANYWHERE

Thank you Microsoft

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Ah, I remember playing Halo:CE for the first time. All I could ever think is that it was just another shooter...

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Thanks for having the best controller two gens in a row and giving us AA batteries so that our controllers last for more than 4 hours. I can't even imagine having to plug a controller into anything anymore. The very thought is so ancient and disgusting.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@tjandmia said:

Thanks for having the best controller two gens in a row and giving us AA batteries so that our controllers last for more than 4 hours. I can't even imagine having to plug a controller into anything anymore. The very thought is so ancient and disgusting.

Using AA batteries feels dated tbh

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I liked Microsoft Soccer for Windows 95 because there's this player from Poland that runs impossibly fast. I could beat the computer by ridiculous scores because of that bug.

Avatar image for NarcissistLoser
NarcissistLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NarcissistLoser
Member since 2012 • 39 Posts

Dear Microsoft, as a young teen I was harboring suicidal thoughts after having been beat up by a girl I groped. Nothing was more humiliating but Xbox made me feel like a man again. Being able to kill the covenant in Halo was a thrilling experience to me and as a young adult Gears of War made me feel the same way. With the Xbox One it seems you have perfected gaming and thank you for making me feel complete.

If you are reading this than please make a Halo spin off with a grunt that is a platforming game and maybe a Microsoft kart racer featuring various characters like Marcus Fenix, Banjo, Conker, Joanna Dark, Master Chief, Blinx, Voodoo Vince, etc.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@doomdizzle said:
@tjandmia said:

>feels

It is or it isn't. Pick one.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Thank you MS for allowing the use of external hard drives 2 years before the competition. Thank you for Xbox 360 BC.

Thank you for allowing us to get refunds on digital titles

Thank you for the upcoming Scorpio.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

Thank you MS for making the best Xbox 360 console I ever own from last-gen.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjandmia

@doomdizzle said:
@tjandmia said:

Yeah, never having to worry about wires for your wireless controller. What a terribly dated thing. Plugging wires into a wireless controller is 2006, bruh.

Lightning_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lightning_fan
Member since 2012 • 351 Posts

Dear Microsoft, thanks for including the best Final Fantasy game FFXIII with your 360 platform.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I really appreciate Microsoft dropping the ball over and over again during the X1 reveal in 2013 at E3. Made the PS4 incredibly poplar which I'm sure is one reason why so many great games were green lit for the PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Bought an original Xbox back in 2001 it had a defective thompson drive and was scratching my discs and not playing anything i was furious and sent it in for repair

Bought an xbox one special edition console and the thing was making a ton of hard drive noises and had to be returned ot the store

never had a single issue with a playstation system or disc drive or hard drive or nintendo systems still play them all and never returned any of them

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@harnessthepower: You are thanking a company that would literally sell your soul if they could.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

Thank you Microsoft for the introduction of the standard HDD for consoles, a quality online service, a controller that feels great, for the Halo, Gears of War, and Forza franchises, and also thanks for the introduction of the Achievement system.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HarnessThePower

@reduc_ab_ said:

@harnessthepower: You are thanking a company that would literally sell your soul if they could.

I trust Microsoft a lot. They've never done me wrong after 16 great years of being a loyal customer. Just because Sony/Nintendo have been burning you for years doesn't mean all corporations are the same. Microsoft is consistently ranked as one of the most charitable corporations, and Bill Gates has pledged to give away his fortune after he dies.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69361 Posts

This is creepy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

Oh yeah, I also want to really thank Microsoft for putting in the effort in making the Xbox One backwards compatible with many Xbox 360 games and more that keeping making the list. Really hoping that they extend this to the original Xbox games too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Kicked in a door to get the OG Xbox, good times. Awesome console, loved Halo, loved what it did for console online gaming, and it's the console that plays Ninja Gaiden Black.

Thanks Kaz.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Interesting, only one cow and a troll have joined the thread.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By doomdizzle

@tjandmia said:
@doomdizzle said:
@tjandmia said:

Yeah, never having to worry about wires for your wireless controller. What a terribly dated thing. Plugging wires into a wireless controller is 2006, bruh.

Bro its 2017. I'm not buying batteries for my controllers lol. Charging cables are common place in this century; phones, laptops, handheld consoles, ect all use them. Buying packs of AAs though. Shit man, I haven't done that since I had a gamegear. Rechargeable batteries are the way to go but even then you're swapping batteries out like a putz.

@Jebus213: something can feel dated to one person but not another. That's why we use opinionated phrases such as "feels like" to convey that it's an opinion that its dated but it's still just that, an opinion. Thanks for playing :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Thanks for creating the greatest controller of all time and thanks for leading the online gaming revolution and showing Sony and Nintendo how to do online gaming well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@harnessthepower: You are trusting the Beast. It is a mistake. I love you.

Makoto_Niijima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Makoto_Niijima
Member since 2017 • 56 Posts

one of my favourite games is gears of war i loved the original three and i just got the fourth one last night. so thank you for gears of war microsoft and thank you for halo too i love halo though i dont like 4 and 5 as much but still

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Thank you for setting up the rec room on Ft Sill with HDTVs and 360 consoles for soldiers to use Microsoft, and God Bless the United States.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I bought the Xbox for Halo. I played it so much for the first week that i've dreamed about it (for 3-4 days straight) while sleeping. Talk about a Halo brain wash.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Thank you MS for absolutely nothing.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#28 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I think back to the first time I played Halo: Combat Evolved and Fable on a friend's Xbox. After that first time seeing them, I knew I had to get them.

A week or so later, my grandparents purchased me an Xbox and a greatest hits copy of Halo and then Fable new. There was just something about the original Xbox, or maybe it was just the excitement of seeing games progress further and seeing these worlds and stories told.

Still love the OG Xbox. Still love Halo. Wish Fable would return to its roots of Fable 1 & 2 with a Fable 4 (didn't like Fable 3.)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@harnessthepower said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I trust Microsoft a lot. They've never done me wrong after 16 great years of being a loyal customer. Just because Sony/Nintendo have been burning you for years doesn't mean all corporations are the same. Microsoft is consistently ranked as one of the most charitable corporations, and Bill Gates has pledged to give away his fortune after he dies.

I am dying in my chair. Thanks for the laugh, dude.

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Yes, playing Halo for the first time on the OG Xbox is something I'll never forget....then I camped out to be one of the first to get the 360, which is my favorite console ever.

Even cows have to appreciate MS for pushing Sony to be better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Dear MS THANK repeat THANK for adding internal Hardrives! Hated having to buy memory cards as a child...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58847 Posts

Thanks for Age of Empires?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

Thanks Microsoft, because of your Xbox, i'm pretty confident on my console purchases. I know i will always go with Nintendo for some badass exclusives and Sony for my multiplats. So yeah, thank you :D

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I had some great times with the 360- and have been enjoying the Xbox One. Never did own the original Xbox though, which is a shame because I missed out on Halo 2's online and probably some great exclusive games too. Atleast I got to experience Halo 1 and 2 with friends that owned it and had some great fun with that (even if I did get my ass handed to me costantly)

Halo Teach, however, I did own myself and boy, did I put some serious time into that game. I'm almost disgusted at myself thinking about how many hours I've burnt through playing it.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tjandmia

@doomdizzle: if you want to have 40 different charging cables for all your e shit, then good for you. I have one cable for my phone and I don't have to use it every 4 hours like PS4 owners do with their shitty controllers. You might as well keep that shitty PS4 controller plugged in like you did with your PS2. No way in hell I'm going back to being forced to use a wired controller because Sony was too cheap to give it more than 4 hours of life. Plugging controllers in went away a decade ago. I'll take changing rechargeable batteries every 40 hrs over plugging in that monstrosity every 4. Good luck with your shitty cables.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HarnessThePower

@Pedro said:

This is creepy.

What's creepy is not being appreciative of these corporations for all they have done for us, particularly Microsoft.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@harnessthepower said:
@Pedro said:

This is creepy.

What's creepy is not being appreciative of these corporations for all they have done for us, particularly Microsoft.

What if said company haven't done shit for you? Maybe even just made things you like worse?

I agree this thread is a bit creepy. Kinda like a thread supporting Trump.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By doomdizzle

@tjandmia: lol bud the ps4 uses a mini usb. Unless you have an iphone its the same kind of cable. My ps4 controller lasts a bit more than 4 hours and i always have a spare charging. Keep on buying AAs though, they go on sale black friday

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

@Litchie said:
@harnessthepower said:
@Pedro said:

This is creepy.

What if said company haven't done shit for you? Maybe even just made things you like worse?

How is supporting Trump creepy? Hilary Clinton should have been locked away in prison with the key thrown away. Yeah Trump is no angel but I do not think he claims to be.

How is supporting a corporation that gives its customers limitless customization, excellent customer service, and amazing deals creepy? To me the only ones being creepy are the ones calling this topic creepy.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:
@harnessthepower said:
@Pedro said:

This is creepy.

How is supporting Trump creepy? Hilary Clinton should have been locked away in prison with the key thrown away. Yeah Trump is no angel but I do not think he claims to be.

How is supporting a corporation that gives its customers limitless customization, excellent customer service, and amazing deals creepy? To me the only ones being creepy are the ones calling this topic creepy.

It's a love letter to MS. You must see why that is creepy to some. Or not, this is you after all.

And what do you compare MSs "limitless customization, excellent service and amazing deals" with? Surely not everything else.

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

@Litchie said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:
@harnessthepower said:

It's a love letter to MS. You must see why that is creepy to some. Or not, this is you after all.

And what do you compare MSs "limitless customization, excellent service and amazing deals" with? Surely not everything else.

Well excuse me if a corporation that works for the consumer receives accolades from the fans. The media will not even praise Microsoft and treats them like garbage because of Japanophilia.

Microsoft gives you the option for near limitless customization of your controller. Their support hotline will not turn you down if you have a roach in your system like Sony's POS customer service I just read about because of a huge design flaw in the system. Microsoft was very courteous to those experiencing RROD. Microsoft not only let you keep your games that you get from Games with Gold but they also are enabling low income families to enjoy a plethora of games with the new service they are launching.

Meanwhile Nintendo nickels and dimes their customers and treats them like shit. https://www.neowin.net/news/bent-out-of-shape-some-nintendo-switch-owners-say-their-consoles-are-warping-while-docked Not only this but they have a huge array of design flaws like Sony does. Their consoles bend, they have hinge issues, and apparently melt SD cards now? https://mynintendonews.com/2017/03/16/reports-suggesting-the-nintendo-switch-is-melting-sd-cards-are-appearing-online/

Sony has had disc read errors galore, YLOD, and now roach infestation problems.

Btw, I love how you dropped the shit you tried to stir with Donald Trump in this topic little miss ray of sunshine who never does anything bad. You have been exposed.

MasterNumemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MasterNumemon
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

Dear Microsoft, I would like to think you for carrying the torch of gaming on after Sony dropped it in front of Giant Enemy Crabs.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Thanks MS for DirectX and Halo.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I would also like to say that this thread is creepy af.

NorseFetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NorseFetus
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

@mark1974 said:

I would also like to say that this thread is creepy af.

That that back right the **** now! I am commanding you to take that back. HarnessThePower has delivered us this excellent thread to show appreciation to Microsoft and you spit in the spirt of the thread's face? Talk about kicking a gift horse in the mouth.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@NorseFetus: it's like a paid for advertisement. It's like an infomercial. This is the phoniest thing I've ever seen here. Its as if Microsoft has literally brainwashed these posters. It makes me actually miss the regular old ignorant fanboying shit. It makes me want to puke.

NorseFetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NorseFetus

@mark1974 said:

@NorseFetus: it's like a paid for advertisement. It's like an infomercial. This is the phoniest thing I've ever seen here. Its as if Microsoft has literally brainwashed these posters. It makes me actually miss the regular old ignorant fanboying shit. It makes me want to puke.

Oh come on, comments can not make you nauseated... None of the comments in this thread are even that bad.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

They're not called lemmings for nothing...

mur0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mur0x
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

Thank you Microsoft for providing me with some of my greatest gaming experiences over the years.

For getting on with it, turning yourself around after 2013 and bringing us great new features like backwards compatibility. For giving us the best controllers, the best online service, and the best customer support on console.

You may continue to be the less popular console manufacturer, but I remember the original Xbox and 360, with all the great things you innovated. And it's great to see you returning to that ethos and culture.

NorseFetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NorseFetus

@dakur said:

They're not called lemmings for nothing...

You mean we are the best of the "fanboys"? Is that what you are trying to say? What does that have to do with this topic? I expect a letter to Microsoft from you now.