Take-Two Renews Manhunt Trademark. Rockstar Games*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Larsa_Ferrinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Larsa_Ferrinas
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

Source:

https://www.somosxbox.com/take-two-renueva-la-ip-de-manhunt-el-clasico-de-terror-de-rockstar-games/767696

"Take-two renews Manhunt IP.Manhunt was and still is one of the most crotoversial Rockstar Games. Probably one of the most controversial of videogame history too. This classic horror cult made lots of gamers falling in love with, while others were just terrified by it. Perhaps Manhunt is not as dead as we think and ther’es something going on with it. Because Take-Two has renewed its IP.

Take-Two has not oficially confirmed that Manhunt is being developed again. For now we just know that the IP has been renewed, but we still don’t know why. It could probably mean there’s a new game in development or perhaps Take-Two is just getting updated legal issues.

We’d have to wait until Take-Two makes an official statement. So for now the only thing we know for sure is Manhunt’s IP has been registered and renewed for the first time in 10 years. Even if we still don’t know if there’s a new game in development, it should be awesome if Rockstar brings us back one of its most controversial cult games."

So you think we will get a Manhunt 3.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

I would like another manhunt. We care about gender, sexuality and all that nonsense these days, so they can violence it up all they want.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Meh. Played Manhunt 2 and wasn't that impressed.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Behind all the controversy, I found Manhunt was a solid game with some cool mechanics like stalking people (until the arrow turned red).

I think we are past "games are murder simulators" or "games turn people into violent killers". Because I think we all know: Before games existed there was no violence !

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Max Payne 4 please.

no more open world games. rockstar should make max payne 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Its hardly a classic, average at best.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Manhunt was awesome. Some of the executions were insane, and the noises were chilling to say the least.

And that damn Pigsy used to freak me out.

Cash da man ;)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

With the level of fidelity offered with today’s technology, as much as I’d love to see a new Manhunt, I can’t help but believe it’d be slapped with an AO rating right out of the gate. Either that, or heavily censored as 2 was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I didnt like Manhunt... it was boring as sh*t and the graphical violence worn out pretty quickly

Saying this I'm expecting R* to do a hybrid of Manhunt and PUBG. It would fit perfectly into its style and going by R* more focused MP recently...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

For one who hates on "linear, cinematic games" you sure do love Max Payne...

MP3 had more cutscenes than gameplay

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever
@Vatusus said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

For one who hates on "linear, cinematic games" you sure do love Max Payne...

MP3 had more cutscenes than gameplay

i dont love MP3 that much. i criticize it alot but its excellent gameplay blow anything rockstar make out of water before.

now Max payne 1 is different league. it is cinematic game with excellent story and gameplay. the bullet time gameplay and moire setting make it best third person shooter of all time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I really love the first Manhunt game back on PS2, it was such a fun game, Rockstar at the time was sure experimenting lots of ideas from Manhunt and the killings was so ahead of it's time. The first game was fantastic, especially the first half which was more stealth oriented, and the final boss battle. Manhunt 2 was alright.

@nintendoboy16 said:

Meh. Played Manhunt 2 and wasn't that impressed.

Despite what many people think, I actually liked the second one more to little than the first Manhunt. I would love to see how great and creative they could get with current tech we have now.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Open world manhunt where you just go round bagging people and killing kids, they have to top the last one some how.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

I'm the biggest fan of the MP trilogy, I loved all of them including 3 that got some flak, but I want that story to end.

Max has gone through enough.

A new IP similar to that would be dope though, gritty NY feel or a different city.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

I'm the biggest fan of the MP trilogy, I loved all of them including 3 that got some flak, but I want that story to end.

Max has gone through enough.

A new IP similar to that would be dope though, gritty NY feel or a different city.

hopefully remedy project 7 will be closer to what max payne is.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

I'm sure it's hanging out with Agent in the Rockstar development pipeline

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Meh. I never cared for the Manhunt games myself so I’d rather they work on a new Max Payne or GTA VI instead.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

If Manhunt is to ever resurface, I can only think of two devs that can be trusted with it:

Tripwire Interactive: Sure, you might know them for the fast-paced Killing Floor 2 and realistic Red Orchestra, though I'd like to think that if Manhunt's violence is to be done proper, it's gonna have to use the Massive Evisceration and Trauma system featured in Killing Floor 2.

Sgt_Mark_IV: Two words: Brutal Doom.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@Archangel3371 said:

Meh. I never cared for the Manhunt games myself so I’d rather they work on a new Max Payne or GTA VI instead.

we dont need another generic open world game. we have enough.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#20 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

They need to make a gta vi for the Nintendo switch

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

never played the second but loved the first. brian cox as the voice of the film director was brilliant. still got my pc copy knocking around somewhere

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I enjoyed GTA V very much myself so I would certainly love to see another one.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Had a lot of fun with the first game on PS2 and using the headset n luring the enemies via voice.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

I loved it in its time, playing it years later made made me aware of the nostalgia goggles I had on for this game. Still, good in its time, that's about it. I don't see them capable of doing much with this IP aside from renewing it for maybe some BC release, don't see such a game working with Rockstar's current online model like they had for GTA V or will be doing for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11054 Posts

Rockstar is going to start making more games again instead of sitting back and soaking in GTA money? Ring the bells, for the seventh seal has been broken.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#26  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I would like another manhunt. We care about gender, sexuality and all that nonsense these days, so they can violence it up all they want.

What?

Just on the topic of Max Payne as well: I still to this day don't know how a studio as big as Rockstar managed to make a total meal out of an 8 hour, linear third person shooter.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Never was interested in playing them.

@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

I don't have a lot of faith in Rockstar even making a good Max Payne 4. GTA V's movement/controls felt bad. Gamers don't care about good gunplay and mechanics, which is why GTA V sold 80 million more copies than Max Payne 3. I also dread having the shitty new character creation fad creep its way into Max Payne.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#28 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

@ezekiel43:That's interesting about the contrast in the visual detail. One of the things I was excited about with GTA V was the possibility of it having combat as smooth as Max Payne 3 (one of its better qualities). Instead, the feel and sound of the guns was rubbish and enemies could be killed in one shot I think.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghosts4ever

@ezekiel43 said:

@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

I don't have a lot of faith in Rockstar even making a good Max Payne 4. GTA V's movement/controls felt bad. Gamers don't care about good gunplay and mechanics, which is why GTA V sold 80 million more copies than Max Payne 3. I also dread having the shitty new character creation fad creep its way into Max Payne.

Remedy can make a great max payne like game.

Alan wake was excellent and quantum break is pretty good game. better than most cover TPS of today.

cant wait for thier next game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

Remedy can make a great max payne like game.

Alan wake was excellent and quantum break is pretty good game. better than most cover TPS of today.

cant wait for thier next game.

No, Remedy can't. Alan Wake wasn't that good and Quantum Break was disgraceful. One of the most tedious shooters of my life.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ghosts4ever

@ezekiel43 said:

No, Remedy can't. Alan Wake wasn't that good and Quantum Break was disgraceful. One of the most tedious shooters of my life.

the problem with quantum break was entire budget wasted on shitty hollywood actors and TV show that no one care about.

as a result game suffer plus microsoft. otherwise remedy have talent. infact they are still best third person developers around. i take quantum break over tomb raider or uncharted anyday.

other than Alan wake was excellent. there has not been horror game that has this good storyline. the atmosphere was incredible, the unique gameplay. it was best third person action game of last gen.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Take Two could do some amazing things with a Manhunt battle royale game ??.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

I still to this day can't think why they put this on the Wii first. The game basically got stripped so much it wasn't Manhunt.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

I liked the first Manhunt but I didn't like Manhunt 2 that much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

the problem with quantum break was entire budget wasted on shitty hollywood actors and TV show that no one care about.

as a result game suffer plus microsoft. otherwise remedy have talent. infact they are still best third person developers around. i take quantum break over tomb raider or uncharted anyday.

other than Alan wake was excellent. there has not been horror game that has this good storyline. the atmosphere was incredible, the unique gameplay. it was best third person action game of last gen.

Quantum Break's story was way too disruptive, boring and tedious for me to give a crap about the action, which wasn't really good either.

Anyway, my Quantum Break journal:

1. Looks pretty. Runs badly. Have to lower everything to medium-low.
  2. Why can't I turn off the disgusting motion blur?
  3. The crouch is automatic. That's a boring way to do it. Why does he need to crouch all the time? He even crouches when he's behind a pillar, as if only the bottom part will protect him.
  4. The recoil is crazy bad.
  5. At least the controls and animations are responsive.
  6. Why do the bullets get fatter as they travel? Well, I know why. They want you to be able to see them at a distance. But it looks fake.
  7. Why can't I shoot without holding aim? I'm waiting to see what the shoot button does when you're not holding the right mouse button. Right now it doesn't do anything at all. I'm assuming there's no melee, since he has infinite pistol ammo. Screw this forced over the shoulder crap. I like having it as an option in my pure shooters.
  8. The story so far has been unintentionally funny, with all the ridiculous time stuff.
  9. The time mechanics make so little sense that it's hard to take them seriously even in sci-fi. And the story wants to be taken seriously. He can manipulate parts of the environment while the rest continues in normal time. How do those isolated areas not get torn out of existence, with the universe always moving?
  10. I can't believe the heavy pistol only has four bullets.
  11. The time powers could be fun, later.
  12. Why is the cast from The Wire here? What is this obsession with Hollywood faces in games? Why not use the medium to create something unique?
  13. Man, these cinematics are so frequent and LONG. Story seems to be going all over the place. What was the point of showing the henchman with his pregnant girlfriend/wife?
  14. Okay, I'm seeing now that he's gonna be an important character. But this long-ass show isn't that interesting. Also, why do the live action cutscenes auto-resume after I Alt + Tab back to the game? I miss part of them because the screen is still black for like two seconds.
  15. Lol, it's pretty obvious the fights are cut like this (chopped up) because the actors can't fight. Would have been easier as a CG cutscene.
  16. Oh great, an upgrade menu now. I'd rather be playing than looking at options. I was hoping this wasn't one of those games. But the AAA action games are ALL like that now.
  17. I thought this was a shooter. There's not enough action.
  18. It's funny that the characters keep talking to you even as you explore the environments. I'm in the train yard. I can't even hear the girl anymore, yet she's still talking.
  19. I bet this would look really pretty with high settings.
  20. I'm liking these time powers. The battle ones. But is this really hard mode. I'm pretty sure I selected hard. Why is this easy?
  21. The exploration parts aren't gameplay. Pressing V to reveal the secret and then holding Q to fix the environment, in every situation, without any thought, isn't gameplay.
  22. Deleted. **** Remedy.
Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Alan wake also got dumpstered after they sold there souls to microsoft.

Trash company is trash.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghosts4ever

@Gatygun said:

Alan wake also got dumpstered after they sold there souls to microsoft.

Trash company is trash.

they are now away from microsoft.

Alan wake was fantastic game. Alan wake is more Max payne successor than max payne 3.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#38  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I actually adored the first Manhunt. I hated the fact that Jack Thompson had to get involved and force Rockstar to censor the second game. I still played it anyway, but I have to admit that it wasn't that good, censor or no. I'd be interested in a third Manhunt.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MirkoS77

In honor of MP3:

Loading Video...

For as much flaws as the game had, the gunplay was top tier.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@xxyetixx said:

Take Two could do some amazing things with a Manhunt battle royale game ??.

People hiding in bushes and behind doors waiting to bag someone walking past?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Take Two has been pretty bad dealing with GTAV (mods illegal?) as a result of their financial hooks in the online, and is one of the publishers saying they are never going to release another game without recurrent consumer spending hooks. So that means regardless of where people stand or where the industry is headed. That could mean several things but if a company is so open about doing something bad for the sake of doing something bad regardless of whether it's a good idea, it tends to mean something worse. Why would a company admit such a thing if not to prepare us for something that would otherwise shock us even more? I'm expecting all their future games to be lootbox/macrotransaction fests until they go out of business and I really can't get interested in their upcoming titles because of that. I hope they sell their IP's to publishers that do care about their end product.

At this point I don't expect Take Two to be capable of producing a good (Manhunt) game. But that's just based on what they said, so I'm not drawing a conclusion or anything like that. I'm just very skeptical now of Take Two's abilities as a publisher and whether they still have a place in this industry at all. Their titles dropped way out of my anticipated titles list. And they can screw you guys over with RDR2 any way they want to, legally speaking, and you guys can lap it all up because it's OK when it's a series you love (just like what happened to some players with Destiny (2), and it's not going to phase me much because I kinda made peace with that months ago). But I'm still not looking forward to it. I hope it's 'just' shark cards but I feel like they're going to do way worse than that because my oh my Take Two was quick to defend loot boxes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@MirkoS77: Awesome. Max Payne 3 is my second most played game of the last generation, after Dark Souls. Makes me pretty sad that Rockstar makes open world games that play as sluggishly and poorly as GTA V when they can do this. Gamers don't care about good mechanics, which is why GTA V sold far, far, far more copies than MP3. I also like Max Payne 3's style (tone, dialogue and music) better than GTA V's.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MirkoS77

@ezekiel43 said:

@MirkoS77: Awesome. Max Payne 3 is my second most played game of the last generation, after Dark Souls. Makes me pretty sad that Rockstar makes open world games that play as sluggishly and poorly as GTA V when they can do this. Gamers don't care about good mechanics, which is why GTA V sold far, far, far more copies than MP3. I also like Max Payne 3's style (tone, dialogue and music) better than GTA V's.

Agreed, it'd be great to see such shooting mechanics in a GTA game. Don't know why they don't do it. Though personally I'd be very happy to see a remake of MP2 with MP3's engine.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Probably doesn't mean anything. At best this might indicate a remaster.

Like others have said - I think Rockstar is probably just going to release games like GTA online where they can rake in cash for years after it releases.

altron67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 176

User Lists: 11

#45 altron67
Member since 2018 • 49 Posts

I loved the first game and I haven't gotten around to playing Manhunt 2. I would love a remaster of both games and a manhunt 3 in the vain of Manhunt 1.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Max Payne 4 please.

After what they did with Max Payne 3. I don't trust them making Max Payne 4.