Take-Two earnings report: RDR 2 sells 24 million copies worldwide, GTA V crosses 110 million sold

• 60 results
#51 Edited by speedytimsi (931 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

I couldn't get through RDR2. I played and enjoyed RDR, but I found the second was just far too slow for me. From what I hear, the game was pretty damn great, so well-deserved sales. As for GTAV... Nobody can explain that lol.

Considering GTAV released on 5 platforms (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, & PC)....not a surprise.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#52 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (12721 posts) -
@luxuryheart said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@luxuryheart said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Are you saying RDR2 is better than GTAV, and that it selling less is not surprising? I mean, RDR2 was released a short while ago, and GTAV has years and multiple systems over RDR2.

He's also leaving out the fact that Fortnite sold more than both of them combined, and it's the superior game. Sometimes the better game does sell more.

The only good thing about Fortnite is it keeps the kids like you away from other online games now.

Another Steam Shill jelly of Epic Game Store's domination. Sad!

I don't game on PC. If I did I wouldn't care which store I bought a game from. Fortnite just sucks. If it was $60 it wouldn't sell 100 million copies like GTA V did.

#53 Posted by pmanden (589 posts) -

@dotWithShoes: True, but still ... 110 million ...Even our grandmothers probably bought this game.

#54 Edited by jeezers (2665 posts) -

@pmanden: I had it on 360, beat it, still double dipped it on ps4 once it was 20 bucks, the jump in performance and graphics was worth it alone to double dip.

#55 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

Wow

#56 Posted by Rockman999 (7469 posts) -

People like to dismiss GTA Online but it's a juggernaut. I've never understood all of the rustling over shark cards to be honest. I've never touched them and yet I'm pretty much at the point where I've bought everything I actually wanted minus a few Doomsday Heist toys like the Jet Pack and Kanjali tank.🤷🏿‍♂️

#57 Posted by Jag85 (13353 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: That's not true. GTAV isn't even one of the top 5 highest-grossing video games. Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Street Fighter II, World of Warcraft, Dungeon Fighter Online, CrossFire, League of Legends and Monster Strike have all grossed more than GTAV.

#58 Posted by Jag85 (13353 posts) -

@whatafailure: GTAV is currently ranked the #3 best-selling game in terms of units sold (excluding F2P), after Tetris and Minecraft. All three are multi-plats.

The single-plat record is held by Wii Sports. And the best-selling non-bundled game is the original Pokemon. Incidentally, Pokemon Go is the most-played F2P game of all time, with 1 billion downloads.

#59 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15952 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@br0kenrabbit: That's not true. GTAV isn't even one of the top 5 highest-grossing video games. Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Street Fighter II, World of Warcraft, Dungeon Fighter Online, CrossFire, League of Legends and Monster Strike have all grossed more than GTAV.

You'll have to take that up with Marketwatch.

#60 Edited by Jag85 (13353 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: They're wrong. While their $6 billion number for GTAV is correct, what they failed to do is research how much other games have made. Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Street Fighter II and Dungeon Fighter Online have made $10 billion+ each, while CrossFire and World of Warcraft are at $9 billion+ each, and Monster Strike, League of Legends and Puzzle Dragons made $7 billion+ each. MarketWatch failed to do some fact-checking when they made an incorrect claim about GTAV.

But with that said, GTAV is the highest-grossing premium video game. All of the other games above are F2P, arcade and subscription games. GTAV is the highest among sold premium video games. Which is an achievement in itself.

#61 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

Those are some amazing numbers on RDR2 the original didn't sell nearly that much did it?