Take-Two CEO: When we consider a console release, the PC format can be 40% or 50% now of that revenue.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/take-two-ceo-when-we-consider-a-console-release-the-pc-format-can-be-40-or-50-now-of-that-revenue/

^sauce cos Im on mobile.

But wait. I thought PC gamers are either pirates or dont buy games at full price?

Also same CEO kissing PC gamers' asses days before RDR 2 PC comes out lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

Having terrible buying practices isn't something to boast about.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@uninspiredcup: meh, I dont buy r* games, or take-two games at full price. I havent even preordered rdr 2.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

"Take-Two claimed that a PC version was in the plans from the get-go. Yeap, despite not announcing the PC version at first, the companies had already plans to release it on the PC."

So, why wait? Oh, because they want PC gamers with a console to double dip.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Plus the profit per copy sold on PC is higher.

No royalties and higher digital sales. Say that normally they profit $10 as a developer plus publisher per physical copy sold and $20 per digital. Then having to pay no royalties even if it's 'only' $3 per copy matters a lot. And a higher percentage of digital sales matters a lot as well. (Games go on sale faster on PC though.)

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

"Take-Two claimed that a PC version was in the plans from the get-go. Yeap, despite not announcing the PC version at first, the companies had already plans to release it on the PC."

Exactly it's BS but a smart business move the game should launch with the console versions we shouldn't have to wait a year or more but it always come down to greed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@warmblur said:
@freedomfreak said:

Exactly

They been doing that shit since GTAIV. Release the console version first and PC last cause Take-Two knows PC gamers will double-dip for maximum profits. The only reason RDR never came to PC because the source code turn into a mess.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

But I thought games sold better on PCs because it has the largest market between consoles and itself.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Correct and correct. Rockstar cleans up doing shit like this, and it's not going to change because there's no one out there to challenge them on the kind of games that they make.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

That's BS.

They know that they can segment the foretasted revenue in 3 stages. The initial console beta release, and then the proper PC and next-gen console releases.

And you can bet they have some good stats on how many copies a single user will buy for each platform.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

First Ubisoft, now Take Two the dying platform continues to grow in sales.

@KungfuKitten said:

No royalties and higher digital sales. Say that normally they profit $10 as a developer plus publisher per physical copy sold and $20 per digital. Then having to pay no royalties even if it's 'only' $3 per copy matters a lot. And a higher percentage of digital sales matters a lot as well. (Games go on sale faster on PC though.)

Expect the revenue they make from RDR2 and other future games to be even higher since they have their own launcher now and RDR2 is going to be a Rockstar launcher(and Epic Store but no one cares) for a month before it hits Steam.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

First Ubisoft, now Take Two the dying platform continues to grow in sales.

@KungfuKitten said:

Expect the revenue they make from RDR2 and other future games to be even higher since they have their own launcher now and RDR2 is going to be a Rockstar launcher(and Epic Store but no one cares) for a month before it hits Steam.

It also helps that they upgraded the regular version to digital deluxe for the same price on their launcher. I bought it there strictly because of that. Glad I didn't get a console and console version this time around like I did with GTA V.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

It also helps that they upgraded the regular version to digital deluxe for the same price on their launcher. I bought it there strictly because of that. Glad I didn't get a console and console version this time around like I did with GTA V.

Huh, really? I didn't know about that.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Meh... You make PC gamers wait, but now you want to show them that they're a huge portion of your market. Enough with the double-dipping that we've touched on for years lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

And they still make the games for console first anyway LOL.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

make console game first with worse graphics and gameplay, release improved version year later on PC.

if they release same version in same year. console sell would not happen much. they want sale on all platforms.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

make console game first with worse graphics and gameplay, release improved version year later on PC.

if they release same version in same year. console sell would not happen much. they want sale on all platforms.

#lasterrace

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

#lasterrace

Most Games that release on Console release on PC at the same time. There are more games that release on PC first and console second then the other way around, so they both could be called the lasterrace, even though that is a stupid childish immature thing to say about either one. And of course I rather get the best version of the game no matter what. You really do go out of your way with your PC gaming hating, I will give you that. Peace.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts
@latech84 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

#lasterrace

Most Games that release on Console release on PC at the same time. There are more games that release on PC first and console second then the other way around, so they both could be called the lasterrace, even though that is a stupid childish immature thing to say about either one. And of course I rather get the best version of the game no matter what. You really do go out of your way with your PC gaming hating, I will give you that. Peace.

He play on useless xbox which have no exclusives at all.

not even shenmue 3 coming to xbox lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Most triple AAA titles sell most on consoles specifically PS4 so that kills your argument.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Lack of choice on a system drives individual game sales up.

Most "AAA" console only releases are formulaic and short lived.

Having only one system is an inferior experience and makes miserable people whine here with the delusion it will make that change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@latech84 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

#lasterrace

Hating, nah just keeping it real, most PC games that get released are designed with hermits in mind or are indies or shovelware, Console gets most big games first. Don't hate on me for telling the truth alt hermy.

As for playing the best version, well most people want to play the game as soon as possible, again the truth, even hermits bought games like RDR2 on console because R* knows you fools will double dip lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@PinchySkree said:

Having only one system is an inferior experience and makes miserable people whine here with the delusion it will make that change.

So I take it you only have one system to be posting miserable stuff like the above.

I understand that being a hermit brings misery, but hey stop trying to bring us console gamers down also.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PinchySkree

@i_p_daily said:
@PinchySkree said:

So I take it you only have one system to be posting miserable stuff like the above.

I understand that being a hermit brings misery, but hey stop trying to bring us console gamers down also.

That isn't misery, it's facts single system sad people like you don't want to hear. You need to put a label on me, one that denotes ownership of only one system. I don't, I have everything, consoles are the inferior experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@PinchySkree: The only miserable one here is you, i mean you bought every console to just to bitch about them, that's the definition of a misery guts.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@ghosts4ever: Most triple AAA titles sell most on consoles specifically PS4 so that kills your argument.

Is that something to be proud of? AAA development is essentially garbage now. 100 million spent on making the game, 300 million spent on marketing it.

No thanks.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Cmon, we all know a game is indie trash if I dont see a commercial for it on tv. :P

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@mrbojangles25: To each their own. But my favorite games this gen have all been bug budget titles. Yes you get your EA, Ubisoft and Activision trash rehashes but there are alot of great games made.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@r-gamer said:

Is that something to be proud of? AAA development is essentially garbage now. 100 million spent on making the game, 300 million spent on marketing it.

No thanks.

It all depends on AAA game you are aiming for. I have enjoy plenty of AAA games this gen has to offer and not only console exclusives, but 3rd party AAA games as well. Truth be told, I play everything, indie, AA, AAA you name it.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@latech84 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

#lasterrace

Hating, nah just keeping it real, most PC games that get released are designed with hermits in mind or are indies or shovelware, Console gets most big games first. Don't hate on me for telling the truth alt hermy.

As for playing the best version, well most people want to play the game as soon as possible, again the truth, even hermits bought games like RDR2 on console because R* knows you fools will double dip lol.

First of all it does not matter if most games that release on PC First are Indies or PC centric, that still does not change the fact they release there first and many people prefer Indie games to AAA one's, so while that is important to your personal taste don't pretend that makes it any better to many people. Second of all your second statement is a lie, most big budget games release on PC and console at the same time, a more accurate way of wording it would be to say of the few games that release on console's first most are big budget games. Also if you only play on Xbox which I think is true of you, there are very very few games that release there first over PC and there are quite a few big budget games that release on PC that never release on Xbox at all. Also I don't care what other PC gamers do, I never double dip on games and never will. I do not dislike consoles and I even respect the Xbox as a good console if you like to play on consoles only, but you saying you are speaking the truth when you are speaking personal preferences, lies or highly exaggerated truths at best, and don't pretend you don't go out of your way to attack any pro PC related topic your not fooling anybody.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PinchySkree
@i_p_daily said:

@PinchySkree: The only miserable one here is you, i mean you bought every console to just to bitch about them, that's the definition of a misery guts.

No, I only bought every console because of forced exclusives, they sit gathering dust between the small mount of worthwhile games they release over a five year period. Low framerates and crap aiming make them a worse experience than they could be.

I'm not a low income loser that can't afford them, desperately begging in a niche forum instead of fixing themselves.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@dxmcat said:

@mrbojangles25: Cmon, we all know a game is indie trash if I dont see a commercial for it on tv. :P

Well you got me there. I'm just secretly bitter I shelled out 10 grand to play 2D indies on my PC.

----------

@r-gamer and @davillain- Fair enough, and I agree to an extent. 2018 and a lot of 2019 have been "The Year of Ubisoft" for me, if I am being totally honest. I have thoroughly enjoy AC Odyssey, The Division 2, Anno 1800, Far Cry 5 (and even New Dawn, despite being a DLC in disguise...), and more. I've signed up for Origin Access, Xbox Game Pass PC, and Uplay+.

But at the end of the day, the game I return to is Factorio for like the 300th+ hour. Or I start and then obsessively-compulsively restart a new city or colony in Cities: Skylines or Surviving Mars. Or I build my thousandth rocket in an attempt to get to the Mun (that ultimately fails) in Kerbal Space Program.

And that's just me, I get that, I Just feel there's more gameplay and value in non-AAA titles than there are in AAA titles. I still enjoy AAA titles, just not any where near the degree I enjoy non-AAA titles.