SYSTEM WARS VOTES: Game of the Year 2012 (Extended vote date!)

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

1 Pokemon B/W2

2 Torchlight 2

3 Far Cry 3

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Please refrain from using games that released on other systems last year. Xenoblade is fine, Dark Souls PTD Edition is not.Blabadon
Either both are fine or both don´t count. In fact,DS PTDE is much legitimate than Xenoblade because it actually released on a different system,Xenoblade is just a 2010 game that has been constantly used in peoples lists in 2010,2011 and now 2012 when the only thing that happened was a diferent region release. With that kind of logic Minecraft 360 wouldn´t count as well,that´s just dumb.
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

1) X-COM Enemy Unknown

2) Dishonored

3) Journey

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#104 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Please refrain from using games that released on other systems last year. Xenoblade is fine, Dark Souls PTD Edition is not.BPoole96

Why is Xenoblades okay but Dark Souls is not? Dark Souls was put on a new platforms with several hours of brand new content, whereas Xenblades was just brought to North America 2 years after the game originally released. Either they both count or neither of them count.

Xenoblade was brought stateside and didn't count last year in many polls for SW, whereas Dark Souls did. I'm reluctant to the whole idea, but considering some people haven't even played three games this year, I'm willing to make exceptions for games that weren't counted in last year's polls.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Please refrain from using games that released on other systems last year. Xenoblade is fine, Dark Souls PTD Edition is not.Blabadon

Why is Xenoblades okay but Dark Souls is not? Dark Souls was put on a new platforms with several hours of brand new content, whereas Xenblades was just brought to North America 2 years after the game originally released. Either they both count or neither of them count.

Xenoblade was brought stateside and didn't count last year in many polls for SW, whereas Dark Souls did. I'm reluctant to the whole idea, but considering some people haven't even played three games this year, I'm willing to make exceptions for games that weren't counted in last year's polls.

I think it'd be easier to just say neither of them count. Both released in yars prior to this one, and it's not like this is North American GOTY

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#106 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
  1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3
  3. Silent Hill: Downpour
Cheleman
Downpour was the best Horror game this year.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3

ShadowsDemon

Indeed:D

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#108 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3

Cheleman

Finally someone who appreciates good games :D
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
God...umm... 1.Far cry 3 2. Natural Selection 2 3. Playstation All Stars
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

1.) Guild Wars 2

2.) Far Cry 3

3.) Max Payne 3

Honorable mention goes to Sleeping Dogs

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

1. Guild Wars 2

2. Mass Effect 3

3. XCom: EU

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

1. Torchlight II

2. Dishonored

3. Twisted Metal

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
1: sleeping doog 2: walking dead 3: dishonor
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I think it'd be easier to just say neither of them count. Both released in yars prior to this one, and it's not like this is North American GOTY

Thinking back on it, sure. I really don't think Xenoblade should count either, but I don't care about all the pissyfits that are here.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#115 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

1. Journey
  2. Max Payne 3

Cheleman

Diggin the new avy, Cheleman. Classy.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

1. Mass Effect 3

2. Assassins Creed 3

3. Borderlands 2

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Blabadon
Updates are now in order!
JVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#118 JVII
Member since 2007 • 678 Posts

1. Mass Effect 3

2. Guild Wars 2

3. Dishonored

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Blabadon
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.

Kind of hard to address everyone's concerns, but I'll state my view on these so you can tell me anything that needs fixing (sorry you'll have to post that again): Dark Souls PTD was already on systems last year so it doesn't count Imports don't count because they never have Games like Pokemon that released in Japan last year but came out elsewhere this year count for this year since they reached a majority of SW's audience this year. Xenoblade being EU only still meant that lots of people played it last year and may have voted for it then (though I didn't see it). Good idea with the three-game system being kicked out. I haven't played my second and third picks near as much as the first one, so I'll add that in there. Thanks.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Downpour was the best Horror game this year.the_bi99man

Diggin the new avy, Cheleman. Classy.

thanks man:P

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#122 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

1. Far Cry 3

2. Forza Horizon

3. Borderlands 2

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Blabadon

1. Far Cry 3

2. Forza Horizon

3. Borderlands 2

speedfreak48t5p
One game per post now.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.

Kind of hard to address everyone's concerns, but I'll state my view on these so you can tell me anything that needs fixing (sorry you'll have to post that again): Dark Souls PTD was already on systems last year so it doesn't count Imports don't count because they never have Games like Pokemon that released in Japan last year but came out elsewhere this year count for this year since they reached a majority of SW's audience this year. Xenoblade being EU only still meant that lots of people played it last year and may have voted for it then (though I didn't see it). Good idea with the three-game system being kicked out. I haven't played my second and third picks near as much as the first one, so I'll add that in there. Thanks.

i think xenoblade should count. going by your rules, it was ruled out last year for being an import, and it's being ruled out this year because it used to be an import. and make it up to 3 games per post, not just a single one. people that only played one game they find worthy of GOTY vote for that one game, which gets 50 points. it's using the 3-vote system, but not contributing to games you don't want to contribute. so people that have 3 candidates still vote 3 times, with the "diminishing returns" tiered system, whereas people with only one or two options don't have to add filler games to validate their vote. think of it as how you can skip certain match-ups on gamespot's GOTY awards, but still validate your vote where you want to.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Blabadon
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]wait a minute. games that are imports don't count. and games that used to be imports but got a stateside release also don't count. WTF blab? that's a really stupid and arbitrary way to kick stuff like xenoblade out of the voting poll. and it's kind of stupid how you can't vote for a single game unless you add two other games as filler. forcing someone to vote for something they don't want to vote only distorts the results. the 3 votes system exists to allow people that have multiple options to vote multiple times, not to punish people that only want to vote once.

i think xenoblade should count. going by your rules, it was ruled out last year for being an import, and it's being ruled out this year because it used to be an import. and make it up to 3 games per post, not just a single one. people that only played one game they find worthy of GOTY vote for that one game, which gets 50 points. it's using the 3-vote system, but not contributing to games you don't want to contribute. so people that have 3 candidates still vote 3 times, with the "diminishing returns" tiered system, whereas people with only one or two options don't have to add filler games to validate their vote. think of it as how you can skip certain match-ups on gamespot's GOTY awards, but still validate your vote where you want to.

I'm keeping the one-game post since honestly all we really want to know is everyone's GOTY and adding extra games is just adding seconds and thirds, which this really isn't about. Easier to make a collective GOTY then this way. Another thing about Xenoblade is that it was included in GameSpot's GOTY vote last year which goes against its case for this year. I'll think about it. Let me eat my lunch and then see. Also, how is the game? I'm treating myself with a certain game for my birthday in a couple of weeks and was thinking Halo CE Anniversary + The Darkness. Considering how it's not very available outside of GameStop and Amazon, what price is it worth it at and is it worth it over those two?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Kind of hard to address everyone's concerns, but I'll state my view on these so you can tell me anything that needs fixing (sorry you'll have to post that again): Dark Souls PTD was already on systems last year so it doesn't count Imports don't count because they never have Games like Pokemon that released in Japan last year but came out elsewhere this year count for this year since they reached a majority of SW's audience this year. Xenoblade being EU only still meant that lots of people played it last year and may have voted for it then (though I didn't see it). Good idea with the three-game system being kicked out. I haven't played my second and third picks near as much as the first one, so I'll add that in there. Thanks.

I'm keeping the one-game post since honestly all we really want to know is everyone's GOTY and adding extra games is just adding seconds and thirds, which this really isn't about. Easier to make a collective GOTY then this way. Another thing about Xenoblade is that it was included in GameSpot's GOTY vote last year which goes against its case for this year. I'll think about it. Let me eat my lunch and then see. Also, how is the game? I'm treating myself with a certain game for my birthday in a couple of weeks and was thinking Halo CE Anniversary + The Darkness. Considering how it's not very available outside of GameStop and Amazon, what price is it worth it at and is it worth it over those two?

the game? as in, xenoblade? i've never played it, and don't have any plans to get it either. i'm just defending fair game for every candidate.
anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

Guild Wars 2

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#128 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Asura's Wrath
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Torchlight 2

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Wait, you can't just change the rules after like a hundred votes, what about people who already voted 3 games? You think most people bothered to vote them in order? They just voted 3 games, not which of the 3 they prefered the most

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#131 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Guild Wars 2

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#132 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Black Mesa if it counts

Otherwise Max Payne 3

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Blabadon
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] the game? as in, xenoblade? i've never played it, and don't have any plans to get it either. i'm just defending fair game for every candidate.

Oh darn, I was hoping on seeing others' opinions on it. For right now it will not count towards the 2012 release slot.

Wait, you can't just change the rules after like a hundred votes, what about people who already voted 3 games? You think most people bothered to vote them in order? They just voted 3 games, not which of the 3 they prefered the most

Darth_Kane
The votes were in order, from highest to lowest. I'll tell those who voted to edit or if they don't want to count the highest game on their list.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#134 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Still gonna have to go with Counter-Strike 1.6 on this one. Game of the year, for all years.
WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts
Halo 4
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#136 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
1. Spelunky 2. Max Payne 3 3. Dishonored
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Torchlight 2

criminalscum87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 criminalscum87
Member since 2011 • 288 Posts

Mass Effect 3

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#139 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
The Walking Dead for me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Sleeping Dogs

X-Com

Far Cry 3

There you go, my three bids ^^

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

guild wars 2

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#142 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

1 Crusader Kings II

2 X Com

3 Sleeping Dogs

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#143 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

1 007 legends

2 zombi u

3 mario party 9

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Blabadon
Bumped
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

1. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
2. Halo 4
3. Mass Effect 3

Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
1.) Tekken Tag Tournament 2 2.) Spec Ops: The Line 3.) Quantic Conundrum
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#147 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

BumpedBlabadon

Bumper cars.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]BumpedGoyoshi12

Bumper cars.

If only they added some type of damage systems to those, you would see me, a 26-year old grownass man, playing around with those 24/7 in parks.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts
  1. Halo 4
  2. Dragon's Dogma
  3. Fez
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#150 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]BumpedBlabadon

Bumper cars.

If only they added some type of damage systems to those, you would see me, a 26-year old grownass man, playing around with those 24/7 in parks.

I heard from a source they're crunchy.