Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

As a xbox fan I have to admit Halo looked bad. Gameplay is more important than graphics however you really want to show the power of your system. Especially your biggest title to date.

Other than Halo and lack of gameplay the games that are coming out seem interesting. I think their recent studios acquisitions are not far enough a long to show much gameplay.

Games at launch seem to be pretty equal. Games coming in the next few years seem pretty equal. What sets them apart in the fact the Ps5 Exclusives will be great and are a guarantee. Microsoft has way more to prove.

Gamepass however is the better value. I don't see Sony copying this model anytime soon. I will buy both day one but spend most of my time on gamepass. I will use the ps5 for Exclusives. I will play 3rd party games on the Series X.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69362 Posts

Its going to be interesting to see how much the way in which gamers play games changes with the service for next gen. Gamepass is great but I can see it negatively changing gamers desire to actually purchase games especially since most games are play it and forget.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Um no. System wars is about Xbox being in last place for a 4th gen in a row and you ^ knuckleheads crying about it daily while we watch your mental gymnastics play out.

Anyone with a brain knows PS is superior. And lol gamepass! Buncha bargain bin games for a few bucks a month

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

Gamepass has some very strong upcoming games: Psychonauts, Avowed, Stalker 2, and I have to mention Age of Empires IV of course.

Meanwhile ps5 does have its exclusives for which i'd want to buy the console as well.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Why not both? I can just use GamePass games on PC while also enjoying PS5 exclusives. The xbox console is literally useless. If it could run consumer Windows, it could have been a really affordable small form-factor PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

For what, 2nd place? Nintendo has the exclusives and has been winning sales for who knows how long.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

If I did not game on PC then XSX would be the best option. I even prefer PS exclusives to MS but you can't deny the value of gamepass, all exclusives day one and amazing third party games also. Playstation as a whole can't compete with that unless they start improving PS Now as a sub service. But as stated earlier I have a decent PC soo I would choose a PS5 as with gamepass I get the library of all three as Nintendo are irrelevant to me in this day and age also, Nintendo also hold the worst value to gamers of all four platfroms IMO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@floppydics said:

If I did not game on PC then XSX would be the best option. I even prefer PS exclusives to MS but you can't deny the value of gamepass, all exclusives day one and amazing third party games also. Playstation as a whole can't compete with that unless they start improving PS Now as a sub service. But as stated earlier I have a decent PC soo I would choose a PS5 as with gamepass I get the library of all three as Nintendo are irrelevant to me in this day and age also, Nintendo also hold the worst value to gamers of all four platfroms IMO.

I agree 100%.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#9 madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

Looks like it, pretty much.

Another way to put it, I kinda think it's sort of like Xbox's Netflix to Sony's HBO.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 floppydics

@Pedro said:
@floppydics said:

I agree 100%.

Yep, Nintendo hardware is stupidly overpriced for it's performance. The games are too expensive and the ones you would like to play never drop in price, Nintendo have terrible 'sales'. Multiplats on Switch give you the worst version available. Their online service is pathetic, and they cant even be bothered to give their subs the good games from even the NES and SNES days.

It would be great if they provided a service like PSnow or Gamepass to their loyal customers but Nintendo are far too greedy to let this happen. Oh well, it's not like Nintendo have been on form since the gamecube days anyway so no great loss.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

@floppydics said:

Yep, Nintendo hardware is stupidly overpriced for it's performance. The games are too expensive and the ones you would like to play never drop in price, Nintendo have terrible 'sales'. Multiplats on Switch give you the worst version available. Their online service is pathetic, and they cant even be bothered to give their subs the good games from even the NES and SNES days.

It would be great if they provided a service like PSnow or Gamepass to their loyal customers but Nintendo are far too greedy to let this happen. Oh well, it's not like Nintendo have been on form since the gamecube days anyway so no great loss.

I want the industry to move towards one purchase and play anywhere like every other media. It will happen eventual. I just don't know when. I say this because if we had a system like that in place, the Switch wouldn't be such a poor value for me. I can use the same license to game on the Switch, PC, Xbox and PS.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Gamepass is a godsend for smaller none visible titles or returning to sale games. It will be interesting to see how it evolves with 3rd party support. For now during this investment period MS has to gather time deals for it. The bigger deals will be if the bigger 3rd party titles get in day and date. For example will new releases of RE Village be out day and date on gamepass. Imagine if selling king COD games do that (Its underrated that this how you can break playstation 3rd party hold). The ps exlusives a really an icing on the cake. The interesting one will be when some of the playstation timed exclusives end. Will they be on gamepass day one instead of box release. Meaning like what Tetris effect did. I know its a bit of a lesser game but Imagine if FF7 Remake does that. FF7Remake already made its money from playstation suckers when its out on xbox its immediately on gamepass. That will make sense and be huge. Basically MS has to grow to one day be the preferred way of game distribution. When god tier pay a premium nintendo does this then you will know this is the way lol.

Right now the heavy hitters mostly will lose money from doing that. MS big hitters have a hint that they will ask you to pay up for extra content. They will be more service based. Halo Forza and even the new Fable has a hint of that. There is always an elephant in the room coming in that sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

You were never going to get amazing stuff with game pass, you cannot develop hundred million dollar + games. Subs cannot pay for that, quality goes out the window as already has been shown.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 floppydics

@Pedro said:
@floppydics said:

I want the industry to move towards one purchase and play anywhere like every other media. It will happen eventual. I just don't know when. I say this because if we had a system like that in place, the Switch wouldn't be such a poor value for me. I can use the same license to game on the Switch, PC, Xbox and PS.

That's a great idea. All you would need is a good PC/Console or handheld device and you would be set for every game. Maybe one day but this industry still playing the exclusive game to gatekeep and force you to buy multiple devices. But it will happen one day for sure agreed. If we had a industry crash and consoles bowed out this would likely happen to the PC/streaming market.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Random_Matt: Really? Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Ori 1 & 2, The Outer Worlds etc are great games (plus many others).

And future games like Fable, Hellblade 2, Forza Motorsport, Halo, whatever the Initiative is working on etc are a great chance to be amazing.

Sorry don't agree.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't see how anyone can deny GamePass is a killer value at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@floppydics: LMAO! Did you say Nintendo hasn’t been “on form” since the GameCube days? Now that’s a hot take

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Just the peeps who are straight up ignorant of its existence.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@Pedro said:

Its going to be interesting to see how much the way in which gamers play games changes with the service for next gen. Gamepass is great but I can see it negatively changing gamers desire to actually purchase games especially since most games are play it and forget.

I love Gamepass but I have to admit it's negatively affecting gamers already. I sometimes see games at great prices (both phsyical and digital) on a site I use in the UK and more and more I'm seeing people pass on them with the excuse 'it's probably coming to Gamepass soon'.

I agree most games are play and forget which is what makes Gamepass such a great deal but yeah, it's making people think twice before paying full price for a lot of games. I'll still buy a game I like the look of I won't hang around for a game I want to play hoping it's coming to Gamepass but it seems a lot of people will. Stupid really, it might never happen but most people are kind of stupid so there's that.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 floppydics

@goldenelementxl: Yep. Mario was best in 2D, Super Mario World, SMB3 and SMB1. Super Metroid not surpassed yet in Metroid franchise. GC had Resi 4, Killer 7, Eternal Darkness, Rogue squadron 2, Paper Mario TYD, basically really interesting titles. SNES era best nintendo era their games don't seem as magical anymore and mario seems boring to me after watching him get milked since the 80s whilst ignoring really good ip's. They seem boring and mostly rely on nostalgia.

I haven't got a switch but wont buy one for one or two games. To be fair, I think i've just outgrown Nintendo and have for a long time. No offence to Nintendo fans. I didn't like the Wii and wont buy switch for lack of interesting games to me, I owned every nintendo prior back to the NES so not just a hater. Plus the points I made earlier.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#21 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Don’t worry, hardcore cows will find a way.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@blueinheaven said:

I love Gamepass but I have to admit it's negatively affecting gamers already. I sometimes see games at great prices (both phsyical and digital) on a site I use in the UK and more and more I'm seeing people pass on them with the excuse 'it's probably coming to Gamepass soon'.

I agree most games are play and forget which is what makes Gamepass such a great deal but yeah, it's making people think twice before paying full price for a lot of games. I'll still buy a game I like the look of I won't hang around for a game I want to play hoping it's coming to Gamepass but it seems a lot of people will. Stupid really, it might never happen but most people are kind of stupid so there's that.

Definitely its a a blessing and a curse. Because the library is not permanent, I anticipate that the regular purchase options would be fine. It does help games that are lacking coverage to get some trending status. So, if a game is trending on the Gamepass, it encourages gamers to purchase the game at least on other platforms if the game is available on the platform and some people just prefer to buy games instead of rent. I hope in the long run, its a win for everyone.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

You were never going to get amazing stuff with game pass, you cannot develop hundred million dollar + games. Subs cannot pay for that, quality goes out the window as already has been shown.

This right here. It’s an unsustainable model if you’re expecting actual high production/quality games like PS exclusives.

I hope Sony does not follow suit and keep their current model. It’s nice to have choices: high quality games - I will gladly give developers full purchase price to encourage them to make future bangers on PlayStation Vs. Rent some mediocre games that have a few gems sprinkled in for a few bucks a month.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#24  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@floppydics: LMAO! Did you say Nintendo hasn’t been “on form” since the GameCube days? Now that’s a hot take

One that I agree with. They may do well commercially and appeal to casuals, but many of their games don't appeal to the typical Playstation and Xbox gamer. They used to be one of the best developers back in the day and put out powerful hardware. Now how many AAA games do they make? Also, they milk the shit out of their franchises and many of them are stagnant or getting worse. I can't even think of a new IP from Nintendo in the last 10 years that got me excited. I didn't own a WIi or Wii U, but I bought a Switch and sold it because it was shit and I rarely used it. I had Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8: Deluxe. The only other game that I would consider picking up for it is Luigi's Mansion 3 and that is not a must play title for me. There is nothing else on Switch that interests me. There are so many good games from other developers that there aren't many fucks for me to give to Nintendo.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@greygoose12: i would not worry about halo I think its an older build of the game and MS should have not showed it seemed rushed and should have been shown on Xbox one X and not the PC as for gamepass I really think MS should not release there exclusive games day one wait at least 2 years from the way it looks to me they are Trying go Only as a streaming service and ditch the console business

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

PS5 exclusives + Gamefly = easy victory

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@BassMan said:
@goldenelementxl said:

"many of their games don't appeal to the typical Playstation and Xbox gamer. "

who cares? That's the point of different console brands in the first place, IMO. Notice how Lems and Cows can never agree on which library is the best? That's because the consoles have libraries tailored to their audiences; or flipped around, their audiences have sorted themselves into groups that are generally organized by what type of library they like. Well, Nintendo is a more distinct version of the same thing - a lot less multiplat redundancy than PS vs Xbox, which pretty much ensures the console won't "stand on its own" for most people, but still. Nobody needs a 3rd "Playstation-like" on the market.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BassMan

@xantufrog said:
@BassMan said:
@goldenelementxl said:

"many of their games don't appeal to the typical Playstation and Xbox gamer. "

who cares? That's the point of different console brands in the first place, IMO. Notice how Lems and Cows can never agree on which library is the best? That's because the consoles have libraries tailored to their audiences; or flipped around, their audiences have sorted themselves into groups that are generally organized by what type of library they like. Well, Nintendo is a more distinct version of the same thing - a lot less multiplat redundancy than PS vs Xbox, which pretty much ensures the console won't "stand on its own" for most people, but still

Sony and MS still put out traditional hardcore gamer consoles which compete for power and have a focus on AAA games. There are a lot of similarities between the two and cross appeal. Nintendo just does their own thing.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xantufrog  Moderator

@BassMan: right - that was my point. Nintendo makes things Nintendo-minded people want. That's what they should do - people who like something else already have two behemoths slugging it out over that AND PC

Greygoose12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Greygoose12
Member since 2020 • 220 Posts

They key to gamepass imo is the fact they are targeting a much broader game market. They will have many PC players subscribe to gamepass. Also with Xcloud they can target cell phone users as well.

As a console business model it would not be profitable. That is why I can't see Sony getting into a gamepass type model. They just started bringing their exclusives to PC. Their cloud service is way behind in comparison.

Many Sony fans can not think outside the console business market. To be fair they do have proven great exclusives. And their fans are happy. I think Gamepass will be profitable especially with Xcloud opening up their market to billions of gamers.

With out the added revenue it would not work imo. Imagine knowing every game showing at the PS5 reveal would be day 1 on a subscription service I couldn't see how that wouldn't be Awesome ! Add play on any device ! Gamepass is Awesome.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BassMan

@xantufrog said:

@BassMan: right - that was my point. Nintendo makes things Nintendo-minded people want. That's what they should do - people who like something else already have two behemoths slugging it out over that AND PC

That's fine, but to many hardcore gamers, Nintendo doesn't really matter anymore. They don't care. System Wars is mostly hardcore gamers. So, even if Nintendo has a lot of success with casuals, it doesn't really matter from a SW point of view.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@floppydics said:

Sony isn't trying to compete in that space really. They're all about pushing new exclusives that warrant purchasing new hardware. Different model but a proven one as we can see

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10605 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

Um no. System wars is about Xbox being in last place for a 4th gen in a row and you ^ knuckleheads crying about it daily while we watch your mental gymnastics play out.

Anyone with a brain knows PS is superior. And lol gamepass! Buncha bargain bin games for a few bucks a month

This has to be some of the most fanboyish, convoluted mess that I had the displeasure of reading. Thanks for permanently confiscating 5 sec out of my life.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LouiXIII
@sheep99 said:

@greygoose12: i would not worry about halo I think its an older build of the game and MS should have not showed it seemed rushed and should have been shown on Xbox one X and not the PC as for gamepass I really think MS should not release there exclusive games day one wait at least 2 years from the way it looks to me they are Trying go Only as a streaming service and ditch the console business

What's the point of showing an older build of any game at a big, over hyped event? You come out swinging with your best work...that's how it supposed to be. I didn't think MS was ready for the negative feedback and they took so long to reveal it that now it's pretty much too late. Ray-tracing in a open wild setting isn't going to do much. If it was a city setting with plenty things to reflect light against then yeah...but that open world was all grass lol

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 floppydics

@BassMan said:
@xantufrog said:

That's fine, but to many hardcore gamers, Nintendo doesn't really matter anymore. They don't care. System Wars is mostly hardcore gamers. So, even if Nintendo has a lot of success with casuals, it doesn't really matter from a SW point of view.

I agree. Most modern Nintendo games you could play with one arm tied behind your back, no challenge and super casual. Old Nintendo games you had to be pretty a pretty good gamer to get through the game. The Nintendo of old is gone and they went all in on the families, kids, man-children and casuals after the wii success. What are their new IP's this gen, Arms and Splatoon? Pretty embarrassing when they had super cool stuff like Eternal Darkness, Doom 64 and Killer 7, where is Starfox, metroid and F-Zero. NuNintendo is wack.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LouiXIII
@xantufrog said:

Who's the second behemoth?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@louixiii said:

You have been on the System wars too long.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xantufrog  Moderator

@BassMan: well, now you have me curious if nothing else. I'll run a poll to see how many SW users own a Switch - would be interesting to see

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10605 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

For what, 2nd place? Nintendo has the exclusives and has been winning sales for who knows how long.

Someone forgot about the Wii-U I see.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

You have been on the System wars too long.

What do you mean?

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 floppydics

@louixiii said:
@floppydics said:

Sony isn't trying to compete in that space really. They're all about pushing new exclusives that warrant purchasing new hardware. Different model but a proven one as we can see

Yeah I get what Sony is doing as their exclusives are super popular. But it could mean trouble when Xbox studios start cranking out good shit, assuming they will, along with all dem third party day one gamepass deals. It wasn't that long ago 360 was on top and PS3 was struggling half way through its lifespan.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@louixiii said:

What do you mean?

The top 5 gaming companies are Tencent, Sony, Activision, Microsoft and Apple.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

@BassMan: well, now you have me curious if nothing else. I'll run a poll to see how many SW users own a Switch - would be interesting to see

Go for it.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8013 Posts

System Wars is no longer about "console wars".. The console wars are over and Sony won with the PS4.. I suppose congratulations are in order for anyone that actually cares..

Nintendo left the "console wars" after the GameCube.. Ever since the Wii was created, Nintendo has openly stated that they are no longer in direct competition with Sony or Microsoft.. they are doing their own thing, mostly in the hybrid handheld space..

Microsoft left the "console wars" after they created Xbox Play Anywhere.. They literally don't care if you buy an Xbox console or not, as long as you're playing their games on the device you prefer.. if that's a PC, great.. if that's a current-gen Xbox One, great.. If that's a next-gen Xbox Series, great.. If that's a smartphone or tablet via Xbox Game Streaming, great.. doesnt' matter.. they are doing their own thing, mostly in the software and services space..

And Sony is still doing the "traditional" strategy of consoles.. great for them and that's clearly their best strength..

So System Wars is no longer "console wars".. I mean, what do you call it when the big three have completely different strategies heading into a new generation?.. I honestly don't know.. But the days of counting console hardware sales as some measure of who's "winning" are over.. Everyone on this forum is going to need to come to terms with that fact at some point..

I enjoyed the console wars as much as the next guy.. I remember the good ole days of arguing about Nintendo vs Sega.. but times change..

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LouiXIII

@floppydics said:
@louixiii said:
@floppydics said:

Yeah I get what Sony is doing as their exclusives are super popular. But it could mean trouble when Xbox studios start cranking out good shit, assuming they will, along with all dem third party day one gamepass deals. It wasn't that long ago 360 was on top and PS3 was struggling half way through its lifespan.

But in the end the PS3 went on to outsell the 360. Why? Better exclusive content. That's always been their saving grace. And I'm sorry but MS has been leaning on the same franchises for the past 3 generations. Right now Gamepass is their saving grace.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LouiXIII

@Pedro said:
@louixiii said:

What do you mean?

The top 5 gaming companies are Tencent, Sony, Activision, Microsoft and Apple.

That doesn't answer the question

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I hope a game being on Gamepass doesn’t excuse it for releasing barebones and full of unethical monitization schemes.

It’s a good value but I feel it’s going to affect how games are developed and designed (not in a good way).

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 floppydics

@louixiii said:
@floppydics said:
@louixiii said:
@floppydics said:

But in the end the PS3 went on to outsell the 360. Why? Better exclusive content. That's always been their saving grace. And I'm sorry but MS has been leaning on the same franchises for the past 3 generations. Right now Gamepass is their saving grace.

Coming off the back off the PS2, the PS3 barely outselling the X360 is shocking to be honest fella. They were probably the worst days as a Playstation fan, and arguably the PS weakest console entry. I had both and the 360 was a far stronger and better console to me especially through the first 3 or 4 years.

And I agree with you lol I ain't no MS fanboy I like nearly all platforms. Yes, everyone except the diehards are getting tired of Gears, Halo and Forza they need some new strong IP's for sure. I feel that they will get these good exclusives with the next few year too, with studios behind them such as Obsidian, Inxile, Double Fine, Ninja Theory and Rare. I'm expecting it to be a RPG powerhouse if they can get quality games made.

The studio acquisitions show they could get some good variety in games, something Sony first party lacks since they abandoned many awesome Sony IP's. Dreams is probably the most unique and interesting IP Sony has put out in years.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:
@Random_Matt said:

This right here. It’s an unsustainable model if you’re expecting actual high production/quality games like PS exclusives.

I hope Sony does not follow suit and keep their current model. It’s nice to have choices: high quality games - I will gladly give developers full purchase price to encourage them to make future bangers on PlayStation Vs. Rent some mediocre games that have a few gems sprinkled in for a few bucks a month.

2020 so far has given Sony-approach fanboys, what - Dreams, Ghosts of Tsushima and TLOU 2?

Lovely. There's 3 titles most of us would never come back to a second time - all for only $180. Damn right they'll keep milking you if you keep supporting that.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8013 Posts

@louixiii said:
@floppydics said:
@louixiii said:
@floppydics said:

Well, having an entire country in Japan that simply wouldn't buy an Xbox 360 console despite them having the clearly better games in comparison to the PS3 during the majority of that generation didn't help..

History revisionists will say that the PS3 bounced back because of better exclusive content.. That's partly true.. the other part of the equation is that the Xbox brand simply will not sell consoles in Japan no matter what.. and if you're not selling hardware in Japan, you have virtually zero hope of winning any sort of worldwide competition based on hardware sales..

Heading into this upcoming generation, things are a bit different.. Xbox consoles still won't sell in Japan but game streaming services (ie mobile gaming) and PC games do sell there.. if Xbox can reach the Japanese market from those endpoints, they may have a fighting chance at improving their worldwide presence this gen for the first time ever..