System Wars Lounge V83: PS5/Xbox Series X hostile takeover that nobody can't find or buy edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Can't think of any game stories that best their counterpart in a proper story telling medium. I'm sure an example exists, but eh.

@uninspiredcup said:

Whatever could you mean.

Woah.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#102 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Macutchi said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@ConanTheStoner: Appears so.

Pretty sure that guy has depression or something. Every single post was super-super negative.

he was a very dark guy. some of the shit he used to write in ot before he discovered the lounge was bleak af. i would not like to live local to him. tick, tick, tick...

Whatever could you mean.

Apparently me and Ghost know him from way back on Gametrailer like 10-15 years back, but honestly can't remember him like, at all.

Ghost can, superior memory skills.

He was on GT 10-15 years ago. his first username was killjoy then change it into eziekel because username change was option there.

He used to hate all games before, now too. opposite of archangle.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Godfather 2 is prequel and sequel which it should be just prequel with al pacino story conclude in 3. just convulated.

Marlin brando is also missing in sequel. He is the Godfather.

Must disagree my freind, Robert De Niro is top kek as orange mouth man.

yeah but it was marlin brando who was icon of Godfather. he was protagonist for first Half of movie until al pacino take his place.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@uninspiredcup: yikes. i have a few i remember too lol, one in particular was like wow. not going to say anything in case he's watching 👀 maybe he'll spare me.

@ghosts4ever said:

So lets have game vs movie comparision here.

Which story is better? Mafia (original) or The Godfather? now thats the tough one.

is it possible to not like a game you think has a good story?

as in, to see the story conclude, you need to play the game to the end, and to play the game to the end, you need to like it, so therefore any game you think has a good story also must be a good game

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ConanTheStoner  Online

@Macutchi:

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:

@uninspiredcup: yikes. i have a few i remember too lol, one in particular was like wow. not going to say anything in case he's watching 👀 maybe he'll spare me.

@ghosts4ever said:

Which story is better? Mafia (original) or The Godfather? now thats the tough one.

is it possible to not like a game you think has a good story?

as in, to see the story conclude, you need to play the game to the end, and to play the game to the end, you need to like it, so therefore any game you think has a good story also must be a good game

RDR2 has good (not great) story but trash game. so yes it is possible.

Story has moments but gameplay is so damn Awful and tedious that i believe it should have been TV show.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:

Can't think of any game stories that best their counterpart in a proper story telling medium. I'm sure an example exists, but eh.

@uninspiredcup said:

Whatever could you mean.

Woah.

Im not saying Mafia story is better than Godfather. Godfather story is just so deep and explore even a side character rather than just main characters.

when it comes to game. I believe Max payne 1 story beat many action noire story of its kind, be it hard boiled, John wick, etc. its just Max payne story is more poetic and atmospheric despite champ think its "baby's first noire" lol.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

haha

edit @ghosts4ever i couldn't make it through to the end of rdr2. didn't enjoy the gameplay. didn't enjoy the story either tbh. gang move to a location. dutch has crazy get rich quick scheme. all goes tits up. gang moves to next location. repeat. felt a bit like that to me

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ghosts4ever

Another,

Original Star wars trilogy (movie) vs Halo trilogy and my vote goes to original Halo as star wars always overrated.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58949 Posts
Loading Video...

@ghosts4ever: An outrageous statement that tests the boundaries of our friendship. Incredible story. Euphoric, fedora attempt kill will of god. Actually anti-hero trying to return free will, stop repetitive loop caused by Disney the force for eternity where billions die to maintain balance.

Too good for games, really. You were the villain all along. Much better.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:

haha

edit @ghosts4ever i couldn't make it through to the end of rdr2. didn't enjoy the gameplay. didn't enjoy the story either tbh. gang move to a location. dutch has crazy get rich quick scheme. all goes tits up. gang moves to next location. repeat. felt a bit like that to me

apparently some people especially on reset era act like 'OMG its greatest story ever, Its so emotional, It made cry".

Loading Video...

It was this scene that highly praised in reality it was just you hold a one button and horse run automatically. its automatic game only.

Just because of amazing wild west setting, I loove wild west, and pretty good story I was forced to finish finally.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

@ghosts4ever: An outrageous statement that tests the boundaries of our friendship. Incredible story my freind. Euphoric, fedora woman attempt kill will of god will. Actually anti-hero attempting to return free will to stop repetitive loop caused by Disney the force for eternity.

Too good for games, really. YOU WERE THE VILLAIN ALL ALONG! Much better.

Cup, star wars is overrated always. Halo and star wars follow similar journey as war start, continue and end.

MGS also took inspiration from star wars in a sense than lets assume solid snake is luke skywalker and big boss is darth vader, both father and son. and both are rivals,

I prefer solid snake (the original one) character mostly. as He is also one of the most iconic character. he wore bandana.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

No, no it isn't.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

Decided to diversify my portfolio outside of traditional banking, and opened an independent trading account. Only deposited a grand, but delving into stocks is a big departure for me and quite nerve-wracking. I'm used to following currency markets, which will hopefully translate to some extent.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#115 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Derek speaks truth. Meme Skyrim's ports all you want, it still has a long way to go (though to add, Tetris and Street Fighter II still have WAY more ports than Skyrim).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

That's another thing that skyrim has in common with minecraft besides combat. Great game 😏

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 nintendoboy16

CDPR just got a cyber attack!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@nintendoboy16: Yea, Doom seemed like the obvious one.

Sonic ported a lot as well.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 nintendoboy16

Craig Ferguson wouldn't be loved by certain people today.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 uninspiredcup  Online
:D
:D
:<
:<

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

This site really does seem to be dying. The Persona 5 Strikers review comment's section claims to have 6 comments, and 3 of them were deleted, probably because the site seems to be ultra sensitive to certain view points or ideas.

What happened to this place? I know the site redesign killed the forum part, but as far as I knew the article section seemed quite active, and from what I've been told, their biggest source of revenue. Something has happened to literally kill off a huge load of internet traffic.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Could have been bots that were deleted. Plenty of them even in the game specific boards, which are apparently closed. Forums in general are dying. Social media and all its glory are taking over. People have the attention span of goldfish. Gamespot will do another 7/10 to bring in more money.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Forgot Stan Lee dressed up as Revolver Ocelot.

Probably didn't know who he was. 90% cringe, 10% alleviated.

Loading Video...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

@SOedipus: Yeah they were most likely comments made by bots. I’ve been seeing an influx of them in the comments section recently.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Never knew Kojima was a Stan Lee fan.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#126  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
@davillain- said:

Never knew Kojima was a Stan Lee fan.

Eh. You play his games, you know the guy's like a singularity sucking up all the pop culture juices from every direction, and mashing them together into a bewildering soup of tangled plots, redundant dialogues, and homages and references about as subtle as a brick to the face. He named a character in his last game "John McClane," FFS.

So of course he's going to eat up the MCU Stanmeos - presumably while eating peanut butter and rice crispies or something.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SOedipus

What happened to the fire Dav thread?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#128  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

Goodness me. I booted up Last of Us 2 and my core interaction for the past 20 minutes is pushing forward. 😑 I still don't get how this type of interaction in games are fun. If it is not fun or engaging why is it still so freaking common? Games have to stop trying to be movies/cinematic at the cost of interactivity which is the main differentiator between a game and a movie. Pushing forward is low level interaction that is akin to holding the play button for a movie to play.

The game looks great.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#130  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Welp, I just got the final verdict on The Medium I've been waiting weeks to hear. A verdict from the only guy I trust to review horror games, because he can tell the difference between being startled and being scared. He liked System Shock 2 and was meh on Dead Space, and that puts him in my good book.

Sale. Deep, deep sale, or maybe if they fix the shitty ending through DLC or something. Good art design and atmosphere, shitty gameplay - not just the lack of it, but also the poor execution of what it did have.

So yeah, back-burner.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro: So long as Sony/PS is popular this is the shit you're going to get, and you bought it so you're part of your own problem 🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: So long as Sony/PS is popular this is the shit you're going to get, and you bought it so you're part of your own problem 🤣🤣🤣

Damn. I didn't realize I bought until you said it. You are a smart one. 🙄

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro: That's it?

You bitch about a Sony game when they've been doing this for the past decade, and yet you still buy them anyway.

I have a crazy out there solution just hear me out ok. STOP buying them, you're welcome 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: That's it?

You bitch about a Sony game when they've been doing this for the past decade, and yet you still buy them anyway.

I have a crazy out there solution just hear me out ok. STOP buying them, you're welcome 😎

I bitch about a lot of games. If you think it just Sony's games, then you are not critically thinking.

It is part of my JOB to play games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro: So its part of your job to play games, do they pay you to bitch about them also?

You say that IF i think you only bitch about Sony games then im not critically thinking, i gave no indication that i though you only bitch about Sony games, that was an error of critically thinking on your part, and you should know better.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pedro

@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: So its part of your job to play games, do they pay you to bitch about them also?

You say that IF i think you only bitch about Sony games then im not critically thinking, i gave no indication that i though you only bitch about Sony games, that was an error of critically thinking on your part, and you should know better.

🥱 You are using your low level nonsense that you use with Sony fannies. Try a different strategy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Pedro: Actually i used the part about being paid to play games and critical thinking, both are yours.

So that must mean you are calling your own posts low level nonsense, and hey i'm not going to argue with you on that one 🤣🤣🤣

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 uninspiredcup  Online

In an ideal world where they didn't trash the franchise, it would be neat to go back to DS9 and actually follow up on it's ending.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ConanTheStoner  Online

@Pedro:

Yeah it's a shame. Haven't played it myself, but watched Champ stream some of it months back. A lot of the combat encounters looked really fun, some of them offering a ton of flexibility. Definitely looked like something I'd be into. Especially some of the vs. human parts in larger "arenas", reminded me a lot of MGSV style play.

Buuuut then there's the walking. And the cutscenes. And the "interactive" cutscenes. And the cutscenes inside of cutscenes. Even interacting with stuff in the environment can be its own mini cutscene lol. It's like ok, I can appreciate that you animated every last detail of that action, but I'd rather perform said action quickly and move on, thnx.

Just don't think I could put up with all the dead stretches of game to enjoy the good parts.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@SOedipus said:

One of the higher-ups deleted it from what I was told. I had nothing to do with it and I didn't care if he made the thread, I left him alone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@SOedipus said:

One of the higher-ups deleted it from what I was told. I had nothing to do with it.

Where was this thread, i would of signed it :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: He made it in Bugs Reporting & Feedback forum. That place is pretty much a deadzone and I'm surprised he didn't do that in Ask the Mods place. He's not banned if that's what you're wondering.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SOedipus

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: He made it in Bugs Reporting & Feedback forum. That place is pretty much a deadzone and I'm surprised he didn't do that in Ask the Mods place. He's not banned if that's what you're wondering.

Yeah, I was gonna post in it since it was in Bugs but figured it would get wiped so probably best not to. I know the dude has issues but whining about being mistreated while calling Final Fantasy fans perverts, wanting to pick fist-fights with them and then calling Sony fans terrorists...lol. I'm glad he isn't banned.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Pedro

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Pedro:

Yeah it's a shame. Haven't played it myself, but watched Champ stream some of it months back. A lot of the combat encounters looked really fun, some of them offering a ton of flexibility. Definitely looked like something I'd be into. Especially some of the vs. human parts in larger "arenas", reminded me a lot of MGSV style play.

Buuuut then there's the walking. And the cutscenes. And the "interactive" cutscenes. And the cutscenes inside of cutscenes. Even interacting with stuff in the environment can be its own mini cutscene lol. It's like ok, I can appreciate that you animated every last detail of that action, but I'd rather perform said action quickly and move on, thnx.

Just don't think I could put up with all the dead stretches of game to enjoy the good parts.

I don't doubt that the actual portions gives the player the grand opportunity to play to be good but as you said, those barely interactive and frequent cutscenes are tiresome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SOedipus said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah, I was gonna post in it since it was in Bugs but figured it would get wiped so probably best not to. I know the dude has issues but whining about being mistreated while calling Final Fantasy fans perverts, wanting to pick fist-fights with them and then calling Sony fans terrorists...lol. I'm glad he isn't banned.

Oh i know who the user is lol.

Dav locked 2 of his threads recently, hmmm dav, no bias i hope.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Pedro: This almost put me off Yakuza: 0. The opening 15-20 minutes is watching cutscenes and following a guy around with a dedicated "walk" button.

Gets more entertaining, but the opening not a good first impression.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 nintendoboy16

Gina Carano is out of The Mandalorian!

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SOedipus

@nintendoboy16 said:

Is that a good or bad thing?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 nintendoboy16

@SOedipus said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Is that a good or bad thing?

Depends on where you lean, that much I'll say.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Basically a side character. "buff lady".

I'm sure the left will be wetting their panties and the right farting out crap, as Starwars is obviously the most important political touchstone of our times, but really, her character is "buff lady". Could remove her make little to no difference.