System Wars Lounge V83: PS5/Xbox Series X hostile takeover that nobody can't find or buy edition!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

Welcome to the lounge V83, the place we can't find next-gen consoles😭 But at least we finally got a new lounge right? Only 1 rule here, let's have fun!!!

And to my departed friend Charizard1605, you Suck!!!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

First!

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

I like pie.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox

@madrocketeer: Pizza is not a pie

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

Sorry, I can't relate to not being able to get both next gen consoles. 😎

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator

@madrocketeer said:

I like pie.

Cherry Pie!

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 madrocketeer

@Chutebox:

And yet many people call them "pizza pie." Butchering of both cuisine and language. SMH.

It's not a true pie without pastry.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 madrocketeer

@davillain-:

Good choice. Nice dessert after steak and cheese pie with chips.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

"Deanna, I don't give a shit about your touchy feely crap, also, while we are at it, stop dressing like a slut"

Best. Or bestest Captain?
Best. Or bestest Captain?
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

“That nobody can’t find or buy”

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

UuuhhhhhhHHhh

Their is some truth. Duke3D is a parody of 80's and 90's heroes. It's very much of that era and will especially appeal to men in their 30's.

The game itself compared to your average modern shooter, shits on most, especially the early levels like Hollywood Holocaust.

Unfortunately, the article itself is a barrage of word salad that's all over the place and comes across as borderline schizophrenic, reading like someone who has no interest in the medium but having recently read a Karl Marx Kindle under the impression they are now a professor who can lead society to a glorious future.

I wonder why people don't like some game journalists now? It is a mystery.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 madrocketeer

I'm feeling desensitised. I just watched a short clip of a botfly larva being pulled out of someone's lip. The whole comments section was just a big "NOPE," but I watched it three times and was like, "eh, pretty interesting."

Something wrong with me?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup
@madrocketeer said:

I'm feeling desensitised. I just watched a short clip of a botfly larva being pulled out of someone's lip. The whole comments section was just a big "NOPE," but I watched it three times and was like, "eh, pretty interesting."

Something wrong with me?

Don't think so. With internet and more information available that inevitably results in more of this, probably not even intended many cases.

Remember in primary school me and a mate brought in "The Dairy Of Jack The Ripper" and showed the pictures. Couldn't sleep for a week from the Mary Jane Kelly photo, it was like some great dark taboo we had uncovered.

Nowadays it's like, 1 click on Google.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Something wrong with me?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 madrocketeer

@uninspiredcup:

Yeah, I guess so. Also, now that I think about it, the fact that I knew what was going on probably contributed. Some of the comments were going; "what the Hell is that?" Meanwhile, as I was watching it, I was immediately thinking; "oh, that's a botfly larva - read a whole bunch about those."

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

UuuhhhhhhHHhh

Their is some truth. Duke3D is a parody of 80's and 90's heroes. It's very much of that era and will especially appeal to men in their 30's.

The game itself compared to your average modern shooter, shits on most, especially the early levels like Hollywood Holocaust.

Unfortunately, the article itself is a barrage of word salad that's all over the place and comes across as borderline schizophrenic, reading like someone who has no interest in the medium but having recently read a Karl Marx Kindle under the impression they are now a professor who can lead society to a glorious future.

I wonder why people don't like some game journalists now? It is a mystery.

Christ, that article and thread...

I hate to think what Vice would think about Deadpool or the Eric Andre Show.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts
the gif that keeps on giving
the gif that keeps on giving

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

Not really excited for this year's Superbowl at all. I'll skip this and let YT do the work for the special commercials. Blame the Pandemic.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 uninspiredcup

Man pretty fucking bad at Yakuza: 0, combat is still pretty fun though. Has an almost arcade game feel to it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

@davillain- said:

Not really excited for this year's Superbowl at all. I'll skip this and let YT do the work for the special commercials. Blame the Pandemic.

I have the same level of excitement that I have always had for the Superbowl, none. 😁

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uninspiredcup

Tapestry is arguably a little too close to "It's A Wonderful Life" for it's own good.

The thing that's interesting about it is how it's the point goes from antagonist to helping Picard without being forced or some "debt" episode. And much like Q Who where he proves the Federation is up it's own ass, he shows that having similar qualities to himself i.e. being abit of a dick has it's virtues.

Not the best Q episode, but still pretty great.

Kind of a shame John de Lancie had such a small part of Breaking Bad, always felt they kind of wasted the dude.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lebanese_boy

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

I have the same level of excitement that I have always had for the Superbowl, none. 😁

Here here!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chutebox

Nerds ^^^^

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

@Pedro said:

Not excited for the safety covid pink armband take a knee bowl?

Any football fans left are as loyal as you can get lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I quit taking the NFL seriously when refs started babying QBs and WRs years ago. Been a baby league ever since.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox

@getyeryayasout: Is that the dude's name? Such an idiot.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Superbowl Sunday is tomorrow. That explains the additional overwork.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lebanese_boy

@uninspiredcup said:

Man pretty fucking bad at Yakuza: 0, combat is still pretty fun though. Has an almost arcade game feel to it.

Yeah it does feel a bit too arcade-y, honestly I grew bored of it pretty quick and abandoned it. The story felt interesting at least but I found the gameplay so freaking boring.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lebanese_boy: The combat style I like. The combo system, skill trees and various styles add depth but it's not bloated or overwhelming and the combat isn't like Batman Arkham Asylum where everyone is nice enough to wait their turn and you can just mash the shit out of a button. It's super simple but you do need to at least, somewhat activate your motor skills and noggin', at least for the early story missions.

I fucking hate the QTE's though. Second mission in 0, most of my health wasn't lost from the fighting but rando QTE's that remind me of RE4's bullshit boulder sequence.

Has another horrid shit like cinematic walking. The first... 20 min? Of the game, basically doing jack shit. Almost made me put it down.

Yea, although the cutscene amount can be obnoxious do like the story-telling. It balances humor and seriousness perfectly. Reminds me very much of Paul Verhoeven.

Like, you get stuff like Borderlands that tries way too hard to be funny. Thinking making every character wacky and having every character shout every line is comedy gold.

And on the opposite end you get your David Cages and Biowares where the po-faced "le art" nature becomes unintentionally funny.

Yakuza seems to be utterly devoid of that shit where it all just works.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lebanese_boy

@uninspiredcup: Well cool, at least one of us enjoys the combat. I found the Arkham games' to be more satisfying really but that's just me. Agreed on the QTEs.

Yeah the story just works, it really feels like you're watching a genuine yakuza movie. And that's how it felt to me; a Yakuza movie. Too many cutscenes to the point where I would sometimes be shocked that I'm back in control of the character. I know a lot of people here like to bitch about movie games from Sony and I generally don't mind longer cutscenes in my games yet in this one I grew tired of them super quick even though the story wasn't bad at all. I feel weird for having said that. 😐

Like I would rather just watch the cutscenes on youtube than picking up a controller and continue this "as a game".

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uninspiredcup

@madrocketeer said:

@uninspiredcup:

Yeah, I guess so. Also, now that I think about it, the fact that I knew what was going on probably contributed. Some of the comments were going; "what the Hell is that?" Meanwhile, as I was watching it, I was immediately thinking; "oh, that's a botfly larva - read a whole bunch about those."

Only creature been icky about are stuff like fleas and bed-bugs. Zoomed in footage of them climbing all over someone when they are sound asleep having a banquet.

Had them a couple of times with old cats, makes you super paranoid.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Had I not gotten the PS5 the regular way, I would NEVER have settled for scalper prices. It's really not that urgent lol.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By madrocketeer

Just had a delicious microwave frozen pasta, one of my favourite rare treat. Not sure the manufacturer would want my endorsement, though; they're a vegetarian food company, and the first thing I do when I take it out of the microwave is to add eight slices of chicken bologna.

Just finished the first mission of Death of the Outsider. Every Saturday after SolidGame_Basic's thread is super busy for me - it's only the following Saturday that I have a lot more time for gaming.

After multiple attempts to go super sneaky, all of which ended in cockup cascades, I threw my hands up, went "screw it," and dished out stun bolts and stun mines to everyone. Maybe I did the mission wrong, but whatever.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 uninspiredcup

These 10 hours walking round X, are more interesting than they should be.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts

saw this and it reminded me of the last lounge

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#39 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Is anyone actually planning on watching the game today?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Macutchi: Nice, never seen that one lol.

@getyeryayasout said:

Call me crazy, but part of me doesn't even believe that El Santo is actually Mexican.

Bro, way back when, I was at this backwoods ass fair in Alabama. < Yeah, nothing good can come from that statement.

But yeah, so they had this wrastlin tent and ring setup. Walked over to check it out. Supposed to be Murica vs. Nazis, but of course it was one redneck vs. another redneck with a sharpie swastika and a bad accent. Still, really had the crowd going. One ancient ass dude with two teeth and a massive trucker hat was super invested in that shit lmao.

But then the next event came up, tag team, supposed to be Murica vs. Arab terrorists... of course I'm probably the only dude of Arab descent for like 50 miles, wondering how they'll pull it off. Team Arab was a couple of Mexican dudes in turbans lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chutebox

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Wtf, why wouldn't we???

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chutebox
@ConanTheStoner said:

@Macutchi: Nice, never seen that one lol.

@getyeryayasout said:

Call me crazy, but part of me doesn't even believe that El Santo is actually Mexican.

Bro, way back when, I was at this backwoods ass fair in Alabama. < Yeah, nothing good can come from that statement.

But yeah, so they had this wrastlin tent and ring setup. Walked over to check it out. Supposed to be Murica vs. Nazis, but of course it was one redneck vs. another redneck with a sharpie swastika and a bad accent. Still, really had the crowd going. One ancient ass dude with two teeth and a massive trucker hat was super invested in that shit lmao.

But then the next event came up, tag team, supposed to be Murica vs. Arab terrorists... of course I'm probably the only dude of Arab descent for like 50 miles, wondering how they'll pull it off. Team Arab was a couple of Mexican dudes in turbans lol.

People always think I'm Mexican.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ConanTheStoner
@Chutebox said:

People always think I'm Mexican.

Man I just confuse people lol. Names Omar, slight southern accent, look like I can come from anywhere.

@getyeryayasout said:

@ConanTheStoner: So what you're saying is that pro wrastlin'...lied? WTF!?

I just knew 2021 would be worse than 2020!

Thanks a lot, Conan, er, I mean,"Muchas gracias, Conan." (Chutebox canl translate if you need.)

😂

Random note, but our IT guy at work does the pro wrastlin thing up here in Wisconsin. My workplace is chill too, so sometimes he would just come up there in full gear, Ultimate Warrior style makeup and all... just working on PCs lol.

Best IT guy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox

Ass haha

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner

@getyeryayasout:

I think not. 😂 I'm no little dude, but this guy is a wall now. Can't believe he used to ask me lifting advice haha.

Man, wish I had the pics, but we staged some shit like that for his social media. First pic, him being angry at his computer. Next, busting a chair over one of the programmers at his desk. Then him storming out in full gear.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#49 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Wtf, why wouldn't we???

I gave up on football after it became overly politicized.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

American pop culture is so cringe.

Miley Cyrus is on stage with Joan Jett wearing a pink football jersey and singing punk rock. Earlier they were showing The Weeknd dude who looks like a black Elton John. He has a one hit repertoire but is doing the Super Bowl halftime show.