System Wars Lounge v77 -- The Verbtex is Pretty Retired Editon!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#651 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

New drawing tablet, lose pen within 2 hours of getting it.
Bravo.

#652 Edited by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

I'm just noticing something, April is just jam pack with everything!

• Masters w/Tiger Woods roaring
  • Mortal Kombat 11
  • Game of Thrones season 8 final
  • Wrestlemania (already happened but still)
  • Endgame

#653 Posted by verbtex (9142 posts) -

We need a new lounge. Any takers? I'll try to be here for a bit to sticky it.

#654 Posted by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

@verbtex said:

Mardi Gras Lounge maybe?

#655 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19560 posts) -
@verbtex said:

Let's wait until e3 2019, also..... GTA VI is under early stages of development. Concept art is already being made. No setting confirmed as well as no console confirmed

#656 Edited by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

System Wars Lounge v78 -- Kathleen Kennedy' ruined Starwars (again)

#657 Edited by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@verbtex said:

Let's wait until e3 2019, also..... GTA VI is under early stages of development. Concept art is already being made. No setting confirmed as well as no console confirmed

You are aware Rockstars never go to E3 right? Even "if" they wanted to announce GTAVI, it sure as hell wouldn't be at E3, they do that on their own terms and please, let's not make the new lounge E3 cause E3 nowadays isn't important.

@uninspiredcup said:

System Wars Lounge v78 -- Kathleen Kennedy' ruined Starwars (again)

Now I like that. Let's add "Kathleen Kennedy & EA' ruined Starwars (again)"

Edit: say verbtex, will GS ever bring back the "Rangers?"

#658 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19560 posts) -

@davillain-: Never said that Rockstar will announce it on e3. All I said is a leak from someone who's designing the art. And also very early stages of development. Expect to come out around after next gen consoles launch. Also, they have fiddled with ray tracing and played around with it on RDR2

#659 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

This is a good example where hindsight really serves it's purpose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_Alpha_3#Reception

The Official UK PlayStation Magazine said that the game would outlast Tekken 3, and stated "the only thing to tarnish this is the graphics. So if you think gameplay is more important than texture-mapped polygons, consider the score to be a ten."[18

Dated visuals -

Incredible 3D graphics -

#660 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -

@verbtex: System Wars Lounge v78 - The Winter is Finally Here Edition.

Game of thrones fan :P

#661 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

Very human-like.

Loading Video...

#662 Posted by jg4xchamp (61559 posts) -

Alpha 3 isn't as good as Alpha 2.

#663 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36040 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Alpha 3 isn't as good as Alpha 2.

Yep... Alpha 2 just can't be beat when it comes to Street Fighter in my opinion.

#664 Edited by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

Enjoyed III more than II, barring the SP, which has cheap design that makes SNK's AI look positively fair.

V and Turbo are better. V gets a bad rap for a shitty launch (which was completely deserved) but the gameplay itself is superb, and Turbo is basically timeless, down to the bone essentials. To call it as masterpiece really isn't hyperbole.

Not too much a fan of Street Fighter III, it doesn't feel like Street Fighter. Most of the cast are garbage with boring backgrounds with a dated soundtrack. There's a reason almost all games now continues to use II's themes.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#665 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13563 posts) -

Interesting day at work. Was at work and there was a power outage across of the city. Never saw a Walmart in the dark before. Lol

#666 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Interesting day at work. Was at work and there was a power outage across of the city. Never saw a Walmart in the dark before. Lol

loot

#667 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19560 posts) -

Got a new powerful PC with good specs:

- CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

- GPU: RTX 2080

- RAM: 32 GB

- Storage: Samsung 500 GB SSD and WD 1 TB HDD

- Case: Thermaltake

#668 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Congrats :). Those are some beefy specs.

#669 Posted by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Got a new powerful PC with good specs:

- CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

- GPU: RTX 2080

- RAM: 32 GB

- Storage: Samsung 500 GB SSD and WD 1 TB HDD

- Case: Thermaltake

I have the same Ryzen 7 2700X but my GPU is RTX 2070 though. Overall, nice specs their FireMan :)

But why a 32 Ram? 16 Ram is more then enough today's standards.

#670 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19560 posts) -

@davillain-: future proofing, and some hardcore video editing

#671 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19560 posts) -

@davillain-: also, got a nice 1440p display with g-sync.

#672 Posted by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Futurproof isn't the word, just needed more Ram for video editing makes sense and a 1440p with G-sync is very nice monitor if you really don't care for 4K like that. 1440p is still the gold standard in the PC gaming realm.

I don't see myself going 4K gaming anytime soon despite I now have 4KTV.

#673 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19560 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Futurproof isn't the word, just needed more Ram for video editing makes sense and a 1440p with G-sync is very nice monitor if you really don't care for 4K like that. 1440p is still the gold standard in the PC gaming realm.

Well then, I can finally brag that I have a better PC than Davillain- HA!

#674 Posted by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@davillain- said:

#675 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19560 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@davillain- said:

I'mma 1up you on that

Loading Video...

#676 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

Bane Conquest is a pretty good comic series, it would make a cool game.

It's cute Tom Hardys coat is now officially part of the comics.

#677 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

It's sunny yo.

#678 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (811 posts) -

Happy Easter, Passover or whatever else you've got going on this weekend, SW.

#680 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6664 posts) -

Finally bought an iPhone.

#681 Posted by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

Finally bought an iPhone.

Android 4life!

#682 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -

@Gamerno6666: Android > iPhone.

#683 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6664 posts) -

@davillain-: I will buy another android when the next iteration of one plus comes around. But I needed an iPhone for a long time. It will help with my development needs.

#684 Posted by Chutebox (44468 posts) -

GoT was terrible tonight

#685 Edited by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

Frank Miller gets a lot of shit, but I really like his crude art-work. When you look at comic art now, it's so clean, digitalized and perfect that a lot of it lacks any real character.

#686 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -

@Chutebox: I liked it. A nice heartwarming episode before shit goes way south.

#687 Posted by Chutebox (44468 posts) -

@XVision84: Epi 1 was the heartwarming shit...and it actually had some good devrlopment. This episode was a fluff and shit!

We almost had a.good scene...but it was of course interrupted at the end

#688 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -
@Chutebox said:

@XVision84: Epi 1 was the heartwarming shit...and it actually had some good devrlopment. This episode was a fluff and shit!

There were some interesting developments with some character arcs going full circle (ones that we didn't get to episode 1). I can see why you might not like it though, it was definitely on the slower side.

This was also the last 1 hour episode so I'm sure you'll have plenty to be happy about soon :). I'm really impressed with how they've handled GoT throughout these 8 seasons.

#689 Posted by Chutebox (44468 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@Chutebox said:

There were some interesting developments with some character arcs going full circle (ones that we didn't get to episode 1). I can see why you might not like it though, it was definitely on the slower side.

This was also the last 1 hour episode so I'm sure you'll have plenty to be happy about soon :). I'm really impressed with how they've handled GoT throughout these 8 seasons.

I don't mind slower. Season 1 is by far my favore season and there wasn't too much fighting then. I just wanted developments, meaningful conversations, etc.

Only good thing to me about this episode was no Cersei. Man her character is awful haha

#690 Posted by lundy86_4 (52606 posts) -

Just ordered my new soundbar... May have gone a little over the top lol. Link.

#691 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -

@Chutebox said:
@XVision84 said:
@Chutebox said:

I don't mind slower. Season 1 is by far my favore season and there wasn't too much fighting then. I just wanted developments, meaningful conversations, etc.

Only good thing to me about this episode was no Cersei. Man her character is awful haha

I don't understand what her plan is. She's fighting against her own side and making it easier for the white walkers lol.

#692 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -

@lundy86_4: New rtx 2080 PC, new monitor, and a new soundbar. Lundy going all out :P.

#693 Edited by lundy86_4 (52606 posts) -

@XVision84: Lucked out on this one, because it's through a GM sales points thing. Basically got this for me and another soundbar for my brother (Samsung.)

#694 Edited by DaVillain- (35973 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: This seems pretty interesting. Chris Roberts Thinks he could fix Anthem and Bioware should have hire him instead lol. Chris Roberts how he could fix Anthem

#695 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@uninspiredcup: This seems pretty interesting. Chris Roberts Thinks he could fix Anthem and Bioware should have hire him instead lol. Chris Roberts how he could fix Anthem

Immediately blames gamers haha

#696 Edited by getyeryayasout (12254 posts) -

$40 for Saints Row 3? $40 Ninty!? I paid $5 for that game like five years ago, ffs.

How can you lead the gaming industry when you have to drag those huge balls around with you, Nintendo?

I await your reply.

#697 Posted by locopatho (23597 posts) -
@XVision84 said:
@Chutebox said:

I don't understand what her plan is. She's fighting against her own side and making it easier for the white walkers lol.

I love her. She's a Tywin wannabe that doesn't really know what she's doing, but has enough sex appeal/birthright/cash/cunning to muddle along. Very interesting, flawed character.

Her plan, as I understand it, is to let Dany's army and the white walker army tear each other to pieces (hopefully the dragons all die!) and then use her armies, mercenaries and fleets to stomp anything left. Jaime said as much in the episode. Rock solid plan, if white walkers were a more conventional threat rather than unstoppable undead killers :P

#698 Posted by XVision84 (15780 posts) -

@locopatho: Exactly. If they lose the battle at Winterfell (which they will since we still have 3 episodes after the next one) then there will be more dead people joining the walkers. The walkers will only get stronger and she'll only be losing out on potential allies.

I do love how game of thrones is riddled with flawed characters though! I don't think her actions are out of character, I just think her plan is really really bad.

#699 Posted by uninspiredcup (32723 posts) -

I think they call this irony.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#700 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13563 posts) -

Upgraded to the X. Got the metro bundle, so you know Ghosts4ever would be happy. Lol