System Wars Lounge v77 -- The Verbtex is Pretty Retired Editon!

#551 Edited by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

Anybody have any experience with Gigabyte GPUs? I'm looking to grab this guy. I'm trying to keep the new GPU under a grand lol.

#552 Posted by DaVillain- (35552 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Anybody have any experience with Gigabyte GPUs? I'm looking to grab this guy. I'm trying to keep the new GPU under a grand lol.

I used to own GTX 1070 Gigabyte for 2 years and I will say their brand is so damn good, those 3 fans kept my GPU under 70 degrees during heavy loads and Gigabyte GPU's are really great, you should have no problem going with RTX 2080 Gigabyte so you're good to go :)

Tough I decided to go with MSI 2070 myself this time around and pair it with my Ryzen 7 2700X.

#553 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I used to own GTX 1070 Gigabyte for 2 years and I will say their brand is so damn good, those 3 fans kept my GPU under 70 degrees during heavy loads and Gigabyte GPU's are really great, you should have no problem going with RTX 2080 Gigabyte so you're good to go :)

Tough I decided to go with MSI 2070 myself this time around and pair it with my Ryzen 7 2700X.

Good to hear. I'm using an Asus 1070 atm, and it's worked flawlessly with no issues. I was looking at the 2070, but I kinda wanna stretch a little and use this 2080 for a couple years.

MSI quality really increased from back in the day.

#554 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

Clark Gwent.

#555 Posted by DaVillain- (35552 posts) -

This pop up in my Youtube's recommendation and so hey, why not share this:

Loading Video...

Perfectly well edit and Avengers: Infinity War is basically an anime hence Dr. Strange Shadow Clone Jutsu XD

#556 Posted by getyeryayasout (12205 posts) -

Are we unable to quote and reply to posts now? It's not showing up on my phone and everything looks different.

Has there been a redesign or did I accidentally make settings changes while grabbing my phone from my pocket?

#557 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@getyeryayasout: I dunno how they've done the phone site, but you have to hover over a post with your mouse, and the reply/quote/flag buttons pop up.

#558 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

4th day, forum still a car wreck.

#559 Posted by Horgen (119968 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

Are we unable to quote and reply to posts now? It's not showing up on my phone and everything looks different.

Has there been a redesign or did I accidentally make settings changes while grabbing my phone from my pocket?

@lundy86_4 said:

@getyeryayasout: I dunno how they've done the phone site, but you have to hover over a post with your mouse, and the reply/quote/flag buttons pop up.

I imagine it would show up if you tap a post while using your phone. I haven't tested though

@uninspiredcup said:

4th day, forum still a car wreck.

Dude, this is like the best thing ever :P

#560 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6622 posts) -

@davillain- said:

This pop up in my Youtube's recommendation and so hey, why not share this:

Loading Video...

Perfectly well edit and Avengers: Infinity War is basically an anime hence Dr. Strange Shadow Clone Jutsu XD

This one is better.

Loading Video...

#561 Posted by DaVillain- (35552 posts) -

@Gamerno6666: Now that's really good :)

#562 Edited by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

Annnnnd, i'm done... Got an RTX 2080. Now I have to start savings some loot again lol.

Edit: And it was faulty... Had to go replace it.

#563 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

Poor Theresa May, every-time she's on pops up on tv it's like watching a snowman melt.

#564 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

Anybody had issues playing 4K with HDR enabled and getting a purple screen? I think i've resolved it, but not too sure... Playing Sekiro at 4K locked 60, which is nice.

#565 Posted by XVision84 (15606 posts) -

@lundy86_4: congrats! 2080 is a monster card :O

#566 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@XVision84: I was leaning toward a ti, but I really couldn't justify an extra $700-800. Especially after buying a new TV. I'm spent for at least the next few months lol.

#567 Posted by XVision84 (15606 posts) -

@lundy86_4: It definitely isn't worth the extra cash. 4K HDR has gotta look amazing though!

I see you got a ps4 PC and switch. A true manticore :P

#568 Edited by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

Real men play at 720p
Real men play at 720p

#569 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@XVision84: I'm still working out the HDR lol. It screwed me up with the new card, as games were launching wonky. I think it was a TV setting, but it's all so alien from migrating from a 4 year old 1080p TV lol.

#570 Posted by XVision84 (15606 posts) -

@lundy86_4: HDR support is wonky on PC in general from what I've heard. I don't think there is consistent game support but I could be wrong!

#571 Edited by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@XVision84: I'm too old-school for some of this stuff. I just wanna sit down and play lol.

#572 Posted by getyeryayasout (12205 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Thanks, Lundy. On mobile you now have to tap the message you'd like to reply to, but still no option to quote. Maybe someday. :D

#573 Edited by Gamerno6666 (6622 posts) -

I couldn't resist the urge. Guess I am problem with modern gamers (Bought it at $35.75). Lol

#574 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

Nice cover, kinda ruined by all the hit over the top of it.

#575 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

Buying the Dark Souls trilogy is the opposite of being a modern gamer problem. Apart from some wonky mechanics, they're all excellent. Plus, their success brought us Sekiro, and i've never wanted to strangle something more...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#576 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (45094 posts) -

Oh joy, Gamespot redesigned the forums again.

#577 Edited by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: Yeah, the design choices boggle my mind. You have random lines above and below the user's pic, and a random arrow that for some reason, needs to show who posted... When it's in the same sodding box.

#578 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

This scene always makes me think of Resetera.

Loading Video...

#579 Posted by nintendoboy16 (35902 posts) -

Man, things are INSANE in the Dragon Ball community right now.

#580 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9437 posts) -
Loading Video...

Really?? do People really care about now Dora the movie???

#581 Posted by DaVillain- (35552 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Is Sekiro anything like Nioh? (Nioh 2) I hardly pay attention what Sekiro is all about but I'm no means of a Soul gamer despite I played the trilogy.

#582 Posted by MonsieurX (38908 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Why do you care?

#583 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9437 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@ghosts4ever: Why do you care?

but in general do anyone even care about dora the movie?

Loading Video...

now this is what i call movie.

john wick 1 and 2 are 2 of best movies i have ever seen. they are max payne equivalent of hollywood.

#584 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@davillain-: Nah. Even though they share a very similar setting, they play wildly different. Nioh plays more like the Souls games, whilst doing it's own thing as well (stances.) Sekiro is much faster paced in both traversal of the environment, as well as combat. It's stupidly difficult as well though.

#585 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Is this to do with Kameha Con?

#586 Edited by nintendoboy16 (35902 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Is this to do with Kameha Con?

More like with the accusations against certain VA's flying around and how fans are basically turning on one another for it (though KamehaCon is involved), even involving death threats. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but it's probably not the thread for it AND I'm worried it might be taken the wrong way no matter what is said.

But I will say this. I have never seen a fandom act as bad before, and something FAR more serious too. More than the Star Wars and Marvel fandoms now (and the former being no easy feat).

#587 Posted by DaVillain- (35552 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@davillain-: Nah. Even though they share a very similar setting, they play wildly different. Nioh plays more like the Souls games, whilst doing it's own thing as well (stances.) Sekiro is much faster paced in both traversal of the environment, as well as combat. It's stupidly difficult as well though.

Is that so, interesting. I'll wait for a sale picking up Sekiro later date. I was more excited for Ghost of Tsushima over Sekiro so I guess it's why I overlooked it.

@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

That movie is gonna be real awkward when Dora looks at the camera and waits for audience to answer lol.

This looks like a parody Tomb Raider film and if that was the case, I would've like that if it was. Though I am one of those who wonder who the heck this is supposed to be for. The preschoolers can't be interested in the high-school setting, and older kids can't be much interested in Dora. Unless of course, this is a case of the character growing up with the original fans. And even then they have to outgrown her by now. I gotta say, the girl they got for her is attractive. (not going that route you guys) Plus, having a teenager played by a teenager is a rare treat :)

#588 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@davillain-: I'd say it's definitely worth a buy at some point. I'm only a few hours in, so i've barely scratched the surface.

@nintendoboy16 said:

More like with the accusations against certain VA's flying around and how fans are basically turning on one another for it (though KamehaCon is involved), even involving death threats. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but it's probably not the thread for it AND I'm worried it might be taken the wrong way no matter what is said.

But I will say this. I have never seen a fandom act as bad before, and something FAR more serious too. More than the Star Wars and Marvel fandoms now (and the former being no easy feat).

From what i've seen, it's a whole lot of accusations against Vic, with no evidence to back it up. I'm fed up of these stupid witch hunts based on nothing more than people's words.

#589 Posted by nintendoboy16 (35902 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

From what i've seen, it's a whole lot of accusations against Vic, with no evidence to back it up. I'm fed up of these stupid witch hunts based on nothing more than people's words.

Apparently, it's been going on longer than this. But in a post-Harvey Weinstein/Kevin Spacey world (both men Seth MacFarlane made some... eerie "jokes" about years prior respectively at the Oscars and an episode of Family Guy, and Tina Fey in an episode of 30 Rock, where Jenna apparently had confrontations with Harvey), it was bound to get some more traction now.

#590 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

Just waiting for the next live-action Dragonball attempt.

it's coming.

#591 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

Sony's State of Play was utter shit lol.

#592 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19379 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

Sony's State of Play was utter shit lol.

Really? what happend? I guess they should stop trying to copy Nintendo's strategy of passing game info to gamers.

#593 Edited by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Check out the thread. They announced Iron Man VR (looked shite,) along with FNAF VR, NMS VR, showed more of that graffiti game from E3... Then just went into Days Gone, which is looking interesting, but the footage definitely didn't portray that. The fire effects both in general, and on enemies, was laughable. Almost 2D.

#594 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19379 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Check out the thread. They announced Iron Man VR (looked shite,) along with FNAF VR, NMS VR, showed more of that graffiti game from E3... Then just went into Days Gone, which is looking interesting, but the footage definitely didn't portray that. The fire effects both in general, and on enemies, was laughable. Almost 2D.

So just VR crap, no release dates, and a poor showing of Days Gone? Imagine my shock...... They didn't bother looking how Nintendo Direct's work

#595 Posted by lundy86_4 (52369 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: In a nutshell, exactly that. It was bad.

#596 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

After 6 years FireEmblem is following me. Probably because I said Resetera was bad.

We bros now.

#597 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19379 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

After 6 years FireEmblem is following me. Probably because I said Resetera was bad.

We bros now.

I wanted to write on your wall, but I see you disabled it. I'm still a Nintendo Switch fan despite your disdain. Still, I got a lot on my chest to unload

#598 Posted by DaVillain- (35552 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Even the die hard Sony fans can't even defend this shit of a mess lol. I didn't watch it though, Gamespot news articles did the work for me and glad I didn't waste my time with it, so it's all good on my end :)

#599 Posted by uninspiredcup (32264 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@uninspiredcup said:

We bros now.

I wanted to write on your wall, but I see you disabled it. I'm still a Nintendo Switch fan despite your disdain. Still, I got a lot on my chest to unload

I'm glad you didn't turn into Donald Trump on twitter.

#600 Posted by I_P_Daily (11061 posts) -

2 from 2 and on top of the table, go the Eels you good things :)