System Wars Lounge V.68 Blame it on Chaz Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@jg4xchamp: This

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cFUwuOuNSis

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#102 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@jg4xchamp: it only gets worse in year three

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

@R3FURBISHED: If it ain't broke, don't fix it

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@lostrib said:

@ConanTheStoner: does it not count as a lose for them if they rage quit?

Newp.

It just treats it as if the fight never happened. The point exchange doesn't go through, they keep their points, I don't get mine, I don't get my fight money for the win, it sucks. It won't even show them in the list of opponents I fought.

For now, Capcom is asking the community to send video proof so they can hand out individual punishments until a true fix is in place. Kind of lame really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#105  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@lostrib said:

@ConanTheStoner: does it not count as a lose for them if they rage quit?

Newp.

It just treats it as if the fight never happened. The point exchange doesn't go through, they keep their points, I don't get mine, I don't get my fight money for the win, it sucks. It won't even show them in the list of opponents I fought.

For now, Capcom is asking the community to send video proof so they can hand out individual punishments until a true fix is in place. Kind of lame really.

Does the game at least support the PS4's system level recording? That would at least make it easier to demonstrate ragequits with video evidence, I guess. Still shocking that a feature like this is not accounted for in the game, even Smash has a check for this in place.

EDIT: Unless you're playing on PC, then you're in trouble with the video evidence thing, you'd need to have a recorder running in the background constantly or soemthing.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@charizard1605 said:

Does the game at least support the PS4's system level recording? That would at least make it easier to demonstrate ragequits with video evidence, I guess. Still shocking that a feature like this is not accounted for in the game, even Smash has a check for this in place.

EDIT: Unless you're playing on PC, then you're in trouble with the video evidence thing, you'd need to have a recorder running in the background constantly or soemthing.

Oh yeah, it does support PS4s share function, so yeah, I know dudes who were already stockpiling videos just in case haha. And it's pretty easy to tell who the true RQs are because it usually happens as you're landing the final hit.

But yeah, I have no easy way of proving my case on PC.

All that said, I believe it's a bunch of bullshit. I bet Capcom is only saying this to ease over the fanbase while intimidating the RQs until a real fix is in place. I doubt they have employees on standby 24/7 evaluating videos, then checking fighter profiles to see how often they drop, then actually enforcing a punishment like a time out, or a loss in rank, or fight money.

I remember the same shit with MGO2. Konami told us to send in video proof of glitchers and lag switchers. We did by the thousands. You still had same exact glitchers and lag switchers taking home the win in tournaments every damn time. Bunch of bullshit.

At least the top rankings in SFV are all legit top players, but it's still a broke ass system for now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ConanTheStoner: I mean, man- these guys are putting out a game that's half assed in all other ways because it's 'for the competitive community,' and yet they fail to have the most basic feature a competitive multiplayer game needs. It makes absolutely zero sense. It's bullshit. Capcom strikes again, I guess.

Thankfully like you said, all the guys at the top are the legit ones (does Street Fighter even have glitches? I was under the impression it's a very stable release), but yeah, I'm with you, putting the onus on the player to prove they were ragequit on, and then probably not even actually having staff on board to enforce retroactive penalties for ragequits after evidence has been provided is just bullshit, man.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#108 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

How great are pillow forts

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#109 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Speaking of fighting games NOT-Street Fighter, I've been playing some Ultimate Mortal Kombat on DS and dang, it is a solid port as MK fans have said. Not sure where the complaints of cheaper AI came from as it feels like standard MK3's AI (and do note, MK3 is my LEAST favorite Mortal Kombat game because of how AWFUL the roster is and UMK3 proved that when it added Scorpion, Kitana, Mileena, and Reptile again).

Hell, it's a shame that fighters weren't seen on DS and 3DS more often, that second screen comes in handy when you want to look up moves and I say this from also playing Dead or Alive: Dimensions (which, for a DoA newbie like me, is a great start, though the story mode is worse than what anime/manga licensed games have thrown out).

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ConanTheStoner

@charizard1605:

Exactly man, this shouldn't fly in a competitive game. I'm sure it probably affects guys like me the most. The dudes at the bottom of the ranks probably don't care enough to RQ for points. Dudes in the higher ranks aren't going to be full of shit about playing some Street Fighter, they'll accept a loss. I'm in that middle ground, where dudes are trying to fake their way to glory lol. I didn't even see RQs until I got into the Ultra Bronze/Silver territory.

Yeah, fucking Capcom.

No glitches as far as I know, just a bunch of RQ.

From what I'm seeing, a lot of the community is hoping for a full reset on league points after a true fix is implemented. I'm cool with that. I know it would suck for those high ranking guys that made a legit run to the top though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ConanTheStoner

@khoofia_pika said:

One of my cats discovered this very same thing earlier today.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: You'll like this news.

Capcom working on permanent solution for rage quitters in Street Fighter 5, penalties go in next week

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 khoofia_pika

@ConanTheStoner said:
@khoofia_pika said:

One of my cats discovered this very same thing earlier today.

Did it build a blanket moat around its fort?

I have this sudden urge to build a massive fort, but... I don't know man, I don't think I have enough blankets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ConanTheStoner said:

@charizard1605:

Exactly man, this shouldn't fly in a competitive game. I'm sure it probably affects guys like me the most. The dudes at the bottom of the ranks probably don't care enough to RQ for points. Dudes in the higher ranks aren't going to be full of shit about playing some Street Fighter, they'll accept a loss. I'm in that middle ground, where dudes are trying to fake their way to glory lol. I didn't even see RQs until I got into the Ultra Bronze/Silver territory.

Yeah, fucking Capcom.

No glitches as far as I know, just a bunch of RQ.

From what I'm seeing, a lot of the community is hoping for a full reset on league points after a true fix is implemented. I'm cool with that. I know it would suck for those high ranking guys that made a legit run to the top though.

Honestly, in a game like Street Fighter, I don't think the guys on the top will really mind losing their position as much- ultimately, this is the rare game that purely rewards skill, over something like time spent into the game, or luck thanks to RNG. If they got to the top once, getting back up to the top again won't be all that difficult for them. So I don't think Capcom will piss those guys off. The bottom rung guys won't care as much either, mostly because, well, they're at the bottom. I think it'll mostly be the middle guys who will hate the reset here as well, lol.

Hopefully they really get their shit together. Sounds like the game could do with a soft relaunch lol.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Man, DJ on full house got hot. She's milfy now

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#116 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Another thing I dislike about DoA: Dimensions is how the DLC is handled. It's used by spotpass and for a limited time...

To quote Stewie Griffin: "Okay, what the ****!"

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ConanTheStoner
@GameboyTroy said:

@ConanTheStoner: You'll like this news.

Capcom working on permanent solution for rage quitters in Street Fighter 5, penalties go in next week

Yeah, I read about the perma-fix being on the way, but as for Capcom issuing penalties starting next week, I'll believe it when I see it. Would be cool though.

@khoofia_pika said:

Did it build a blanket moat around its fort?

I have this sudden urge to build a massive fort, but... I don't know man, I don't think I have enough blankets.

lol no blanket moat unfortunately. She just happened to discover an already existing formation. I have a big ass L-sectional in the living room and after a small party last night some of the pillows arranged into a perfect cavern for a cat.

That being said, I do have the urge to build a true pillow fort now. I have some cat tunnels I picked up at Petsmart too, this should be interesting.

@charizard1605 said:

Honestly, in a game like Street Fighter, I don't think the guys on the top will really mind losing their position as much- ultimately, this is the rare game that purely rewards skill, over something like time spent into the game, or luck thanks to RNG. If they got to the top once, getting back up to the top again won't be all that difficult for them. So I don't think Capcom will piss those guys off. The bottom rung guys won't care as much either, mostly because, well, they're at the bottom. I think it'll mostly be the middle guys who will hate the reset here as well, lol.

Hopefully they really get their shit together. Sounds like the game could do with a soft relaunch lol.

Yeah, you're right about that. It's all skill based, the top guys will still rise to the top all the same. And it's not like SF is all about the points anyways. It's just that when you're that close to the top, things become a grind lol. For example, the guy who was in 2nd place had to knock out a shit ton of matches to overtake the guy in 1st, simply due to how LP breakdown works. When you're that high up, you get very little LP for wins and you get hit hard for losses. Not as bad as it was in SF4 though, from what I understand.

But to the point, yeah, I doubt they'll care in the long run. It's all about playing some good matches and those guys will be on this game for years anyways.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#118 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Stephen Curry, pls

That wasn't human

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
@illmatic87 said:

Stephen Curry, pls

That wasn't human

Right? Crazy skills

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By R3FURBISHED

Pokemon fans, enjoy!

Mewtwo is horrifying!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mems_1224

@illmatic87: fucking nba man. I swear, they're so lazy. They need to patch that bullshit rubber band AI Asap. The season started in October...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ConanTheStoner

@R3FURBISHED:

I'm not even a Pokemon fan, but that's pretty bad ass.

Excuse my ignorance here, but is Mewtwo the one on the far right?

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R3FURBISHED

@ConanTheStoner said:

@R3FURBISHED:

I'm not even a Pokemon fan, but that's pretty bad ass.

Excuse my ignorance here, but is Mewtwo the one on the far right?

I'm pretty sure -- Mewtwo looks very mutated (fits as it was created in a lab)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#124 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

Stephen Curry, pls

That wasn't human

You can't defend that, at all. That is 99% of the time a horrible decision by the shooter to take a shot from there, he makes these look routine. Like it's nothing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

Pokemon fans, enjoy!

Mewtwo is horrifying!

That's pretty cool. But for Sun/Moon:

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#126 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Yo Mems, we a few months away from Hilary vs Trump being a thing we'll have to vote between.

It's time to question the idea of becoming Canadian bromeo.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

Yo Mems, we a few months away from Hilary vs Trump being a thing we'll have to vote between.

It's time to question the idea of becoming Canadian bromeo.

Stay and get deported or live in canada. Can't decide which version of hell I want to live in.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By mems_1224
@R3FURBISHED said:

Pokemon fans, enjoy!

Mewtwo is horrifying!

Those versions of Pokemon always freak me out. Reminds me of those Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books. Especially Dragonite. Nightmare fuel.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By khoofia_pika

@davillain- said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

Pokemon fans, enjoy!

Mewtwo is horrifying!

That's pretty cool. But for Sun/Moon:

I got something better:

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Someone please make an image of Superman and Batman in Pokemon Sun and Moon

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 khoofia_pika

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Someone please make an image of Superman and Batman in Pokemon Sun and Moon

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#133 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Starting to focus on my backlog. Making good progress in OmegaRuby, and I'm balls deep into Captain Toad. That game is so incredibly charming. So fantastic. Raced through 13 levels today, only have 15 left I think?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#134 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@Zassimick said:

I'm balls deep into Captain Toad.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 khoofia_pika

Come on, each one of us here wants to be balls deep into Captain Toad

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Blabadon

@Zassimick: there's seventy something levels in the game, I think.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#137 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@khoofia_pika: Toads are genderless. [According to Nintendo's biology]

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

So between bouts of Pokemon Yellow, I'm also enjoying another run through FE: Binding Blade, which is proving to be much more fun than I remember. Or is it because the last time I played it was before I played Awakening? Probably gave me the video game equivalent of food poisoning.

I also picked up Megaman Legacy Collection with the money I set aside for Fates DLC (bullet dodged there). Haven't played much because of Yellow, but I'll get to it soon enough. This Friday is Twilight Princess HD which I'm looking forward to quite a bit (okay, a lot).

And peppered among all that there's DQ5, my second run at the game. Following my failed attempt at playing DQX, I was still in the mood for the series. Still waiting on release dates for both 3DS games...

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 khoofia_pika
@davillain- said:

@khoofia_pika: Toads are genderless. [According to Nintendo's biology]

They have mouths

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ConanTheStoner

@getyeryayasout said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

One of my cats

*dials animal protection*

kek

In all seriousness, you probably should. I load these cats up on catnip and it's like watching bum fights lol.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#141 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@Blabadon: Right, right. When I first got it, I played a couple levels here and there then stopped. After a while, I finally completed Book 1 but then took a long break. It wasn't until recently that I picked it back up. Finished Book 2 a day or two ago and then did half of Book 3 today. The game is a lot of fun.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lostrib

wtf is this shit http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/am-i-good-looking-enough-to-get-another-girlfriend-32985002/#14

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ConanTheStoner
@lostrib said:

wtf is this shit http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/am-i-good-looking-enough-to-get-another-girlfriend-32985002/#14

I should really lurk OT more often.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#144  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@lostrib: Holy shit lol. Arkephonic is fucking hilarious with his selfies. Oh God, and then I read what he wrote.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lostrib
@lundy86_4 said:

@lostrib: Holy shit lol. Arkephonic is fucking hilarious with his selfies.

Not showing enough skin, I was disappoint

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@lostrib said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@lostrib: Holy shit lol. Arkephonic is fucking hilarious with his selfies.

Not showing enough skin, I was disappoint

Not posting dick pics. I mean, if you're gonna be an insufferable twat, go whole hog.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Blabadon

@Zassimick: Eh, I enjoyed it until it barely evolved past its initial ideas. The loungers were right, it's not a marathon type of game either. I liked it better as a side game in 3D World.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Blabadon

DEEEEEETROIT BASKETBALL

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#149 speedfreak48t5p  Online
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@lostrib said:

Do i dare click the link?