System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Edited by kitty (115327 posts) -

@commonfate: It's turning red :P http://i.imgur.com/EgJ6gvg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wJxTZN9.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/i8EtsWn.jpg

#352 Edited by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

I'm still putting together my new build. Its already at £2k.

#353 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (8443 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

It's my birthday. Now the age of 23.

HB! :)

#354 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

Wow, thats pretty high in cost. Before I added a few things to this build, pc part picker had it at just over $1500

#355 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@kitty said:
@clyde46 said:

Wow, thats pretty high in cost. Before I added a few things to this build, pc part picker had it at just over $1500

I got £1160 CPU/RAM/Mobo bundle, £700 of SSD's, I do have two 780Ti's listed but I'm not getting them as the 880's will be out. I'm stuck on what case I want now.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
#356 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26969 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

haha my birthday is today and I turned 22. Happy Birthday to you.

#357 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@kitty said:
@clyde46 said:

I got £1160 CPU/RAM/Mobo bundle, £700 of SSD's, I do have two 780Ti's listed but I'm not getting them as the 880's will be out. I'm stuck on what case I want now.

jeez, hope you got a good job sir. :P
This is pretty much my current build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PRvQcf I wanna change my gpu's and psu and add a ssd or two.

#358 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@kitty said:

@clyde46 said:

@kitty said:
@clyde46 said:

jeez, hope you got a good job sir. :P

This is pretty much my current build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PRvQcf I wanna change my gpu's and psu and add a ssd or two.

I think I'm spending about £6-8K on PC parts.

#359 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I hope that lasts you for a very long time.
I should also mention that I want either a 1440p or 1600p monitor.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#360 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@shadowchronicle said:

twenty two years young aye? well happy birthday.

#361 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26969 posts) -
@CrownKingArthur said:
@shadowchronicle said:

Yeah I'm pretty young. Although I think I live like an older person would than someone my age. Most people think I'm pretty boring because of that. One of my birthday presents from my father was a fishing trip with to the Snohomish Rivers when the season is right. We also might go tuna fishing later.

#363 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@kitty said:

@clyde46 said:

I hope that lasts you for a very long time.

I should also mention that I want either a 1440p or 1600p monitor.

I want 3 :D

#364 Posted by Cheleman (8197 posts) -

yo happy bday nintendo and shadow!

guys, is chipotle the greatest restaurant ever or what? that shit was delicious. i got to have more :-()

#365 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@shadowchronicle said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@shadowchronicle said:

Yeah I'm pretty young. Although I think I live like an older person would than someone my age. Most people think I'm pretty boring because of that. One of my birthday presents from my father was a fishing trip with to the Snohomish Rivers when the season is right. We also might go tuna fishing later.

yo man - respect.

i just google image searching for 'Snohomish River fishing', looks like you're in for a good time. before i die, i really want to land a marlin.

#366 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -
@shadowchronicle said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Happy Birthday :)

#367 Edited by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@shadowchronicle: Happy day of birth sir.

I've been re watching True Detective. God damn it's such a good series, better than pretty much everything, movies included. The fucking intensity of the acting+photography and the fact that it's on HBO (no limits as to what kind of violence/sex/drugs they can show).... God damn.

#368 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

true detective is baws

#369 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26969 posts) -

Thank you guys for the good wishes.

@CrownKingArthur said:
@shadowchronicle said:

yo man - respect.

i just google image searching for 'Snohomish River fishing', looks like you're in for a good time. before i die, i really want to land a marlin.

Yeah there's a lot I haven't caught out here in Washington because I stopped fishing around the time I moved to Washington from Oklahoma.

Plus it isn't terrible to fish here in this river because there's no alligator gars.

#370 Posted by Ballroompirate (25909 posts) -

@bbkkristian holy hell I cant get healing gear to drop in ST XD, it's always mnk or drg gear with the occasional pld/mrd gear

#371 Posted by jg4xchamp (61462 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@shadowchronicle: photography

*nerd voice*: Cinematography

#372 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@parkurtommo said:

@shadowchronicle: photography

*nerd voice*: Cinematography

My bad. :P

#373 Edited by commonfate (13320 posts) -

Moving my 7970 into a bitfenix phenom. A bit concerned about having such a small space and such a loud/hot card.

Edit: Nevermind, did a little hunting through Google and it turns out people are reporting lower temps in SFF builds due to the card standing up vertically.

#374 Edited by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

All this DOTA talk this past week has given me a small itch to give DOTA 2 another shot.

#375 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

I've just got an email from the Art Institute of Dallas asking me to contact them straight away O_+

#377 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@clyde46 said:

I've just got an email from the Art Institute of Dallas asking me to contact them straight away O_+

ewwwwwwwwww dallas

Dallas >>>> You.

#378 Posted by MonsieurX (36895 posts) -

Just came back from seeing Monty Python Live(mostly) and it's most likely the best thing I've watched on a big screen,ever.

#379 Edited by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: omg I've done ST five times and I've only seen 1 DRG drop......

#380 Posted by clyde46 (49050 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Just came back from seeing Monty Python Live(mostly) and it's most likely the best thing I've watched on a big screen,ever.

Thats because Monty Python is awesome.

#381 Posted by Ballroompirate (25909 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@Ballroompirate: omg I've done ST five times and I've only seen 1 DRG drop......

I got my healing chest to finally drop lol and got it, I've seen 2 pieces drop (inc my chest piece) in the last 8 runs I've done. Every other drop has been DRG and MNK, with maybe a MRD/PLD or BRD dropping off of at least 1 boss.

#382 Posted by charizard1605 (82661 posts) -

God damn will there ever be a TV show as amazing as Breaking Bad was, ever again?

#383 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

God damn will there ever be a TV show as amazing as Breaking Bad was, ever again?

Yes.

#384 Posted by commonfate (13320 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, it was called The Wire.

#385 Edited by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: maybe I need to start queuin up with you for st. But not this week, next week

#386 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Crap, I need to continue watching it. But it's so intense that after a day of work it can be a bit much

#387 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -

@commonfate said:

Moving my 7970 into a bitfenix phenom. A bit concerned about having such a small space and such a loud/hot card.

Edit: Nevermind, did a little hunting through Google and it turns out people are reporting lower temps in SFF builds due to the card standing up vertically.

I was gonna say that it should be okay. I wanna make a build with that someday.

#388 Edited by Ballroompirate (25909 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@charizard1605 said:

I have to agree with common since The Wire is just perfect, plus there's numerous other shows that are better than BB (GoT, Firefly, Archer and Arrow).

#389 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

We all know The Walking Dead is the best thing to come out of AMC.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#390 Posted by darkspineslayer (22396 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: That's like saying assassin's creed is the best thing to come out of last gen. Completely false.

#392 Posted by jg4xchamp (61462 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@charizard1605 said:

^Truth

#393 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33761 posts) -

Once again, thanks for the b-day wishes yesterday guys.

A couple days ago, I beat LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean's main game, but I'm doing some Free Play and let me say Blackbeard's sword is overpowered, not something I expect out of a LEGO game.

#394 Posted by charizard1605 (82661 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: Sorry, I'm going to have to severely disagree here. While I appreciate Arrow and Firefly for their entire geekiness factor, they're not even in the same league as Breaking Bad, or indeed, Game of Thrones or The Wire. As for those two, a season and a half into The Wire, and it really is excellent- so far not better than Breaking Bad, but we'll see.

The only season of Game of Thrones that can begin to compare with Breaking Bad at its weakest is Season 4.

@lostrib: Haha, yep. What season are you on? If it's the first two and a half or so seasons, and you already think it's intense... man, you don't know what comes next :p

@PhazonBlazer: Does your ninniness know no bounds?

@jg4xchamp:@commonfate: I'm only like, a season and a half into The Wire, and it's good, it's very, very good. It's just not as good as Breaking Bad, not yet anyway.

#395 Posted by jg4xchamp (61462 posts) -

Breaking Bad is terrific, and absolutely deserves a shit load of the praise it gets. The cinematography and writing is sharp as ****, but let's cut the jive: it's pulp narrative. It's completely ridiculous in premise, tone, and its execution. With all due respect to how well engineered and exciting it is, it has the least to say in terms of TV shows. The Wire is a reflective piece of fiction. It's about the people in Balitmore, violence in Baltimore, and a bunch of believable people in situations way out of their control.

And what that show evolves into through out all of Baltimore is far more impressive than anything Breaking Bad had.

Again BB is terrific, would easily make a top 5/top 10 for me. But I'd argue that The Wire has more nuance to its story than Breaking Bad ever attempted to do. Same thing with Friday Night Lights. Same thing with Deadwood before it got cancelled. Then there is stuff like Six Feet Under, and shows that had huge impact ala The Sopranos. There is also The Shield as far as excellent cable television is concerned. Never mind that a great case can be made that during BB's height it wasn't necessarily the best show AMC had to offer with the likes of Mad Men (I'd side with Breaking Bad, but the argument is definitely worth having).

Not to get too out of hand, but fundamentally I'd have a hard time calling it the best show of all time, and saying it won't be topped. Maybe it's sense of pace, but from a pure depth of narrative standpoint it's not in The Wire's league.

#396 Edited by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

#1 lesson from starting to game on PC. Game for windows live fucking sucks ass.

Wtf do you mean that's the wrong password/ID combo? I just made the account less than a minute ago. FUUUUUUUUUUU

#397 Posted by kitty (115327 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Wtf do you mean that's the wrong password/ID combo? I just made the account less than a minute ago. FUUUUUUUUUUU

It's annoying when I want to play batman or even re5 x.x

#398 Edited by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@kitty said:

@inb4uall said:

arrghhh batman used GFWL? Why? Why not just steam? ;_;

#399 Edited by Ballroompirate (25909 posts) -

@charizard1605:

starting season 2 upwards you'll see why people praise The Wire, season 1 felt like a typical cop show but by the end of the last episode of season 1 is when it gets juicy. I love and I praise BB (hell I shaved my head and didn't shave my goatee for two months, and was Heisenberg last Halloween) but it's not a top 5 for me, it's a top 10 for sure but Dramas have been done out the ass and that's why I put shows like the Arrow so high cause face it we can't name more than 3 amazing super hero shows ever compared the dozen of amazing dramas that have been released. With Firefly it's one of the most critically acclaimed sci fi shows ever...to be canned and that's why it should be on peoples radar.

A lot of shows did drama better than BB like The Shield, The Sopranos, BSG (first 3 season), GoT (hell it's production value alone is amazing) and The Wire. Then if you want to name some other amazing shows that aren't full dramas or dramas at all; Sherlock, Luther, Suits, Arrested Development, 24, Doctor Who (let's just say all of it), The Office and Star Trek TNG.

If I had to list my top 10 shows it would probably be something like

1. Doctor Who
  2. Firefly
  3. The Wire
  4. GoT
  5. Stargate SG-1
  6. Archer
  7. The Office
  8. BB
  9. Arrow
  10. Suits

#400 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@kitty said:

@inb4uall said:

arrghhh batman used GFWL? Why? Why not just steam? ;_;

The retail one uses GFWL.

Pretty sure the Digital version on Steam doesnt have GFWL. Could be wrong, though.