System Wars Lounge V47: The 60FPS 1080P Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#301 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@mems_1224 said:

I didn't care for Last Light. Especially the last third of the game. Holy crap that story gets bad. It was nearly as interesting as the first game.

It drops off at that point, agreed. But easy to forget if you focus on the first half.

@jg4xchamp Well I thought the stealth aspect was cool, because of how you have to stay in the shadows and move slowly. You could easily say the AI is stupid in many stealth games, like in the Batman Arkham series (why do they never, ever look up? lol

I understand all of your opinions and yet for me, it's easily one of my favorite games ever sans ranger mode and definitely my favorite FPS. Better than Bioshock Infinite, Half Life 2, Call of Duty, Crysis, etc.

But that's purely my opinion. I'm enamored by it's graphics, art direction, sound design, pacing, and I ignore all of it's flaws like it's hand holding gameplay in many parts and poor english voice acting (still don't want to use subtitles since that would take away the purety of playing a UI free game with ranger mode). It's flawed and yet everything else is so outstanding to me that it seems perfect.

Difference, Batman is more straight power fantasy. The AI while being "dumb" does have more dynamic attributes as you start picking them apart. They get nervous, they get wreckless, their patterns become less predictable on harder difficulties. Especially in the predator challenges. It is just as much about the stealth arena rocksteady creates as it is the enemies.

Metro's aiming for a more "plausible" environment. It's more dependent on its enemies, and while yes using the impressive lighting engine for stealth benefits is a cool thing: it doesn't overrule the part where it's completely fucking jarring for them to look right at you and go "no you are hidden, because shadows".

Fair enough: It speaks to you, I get it. I'm just saying it does plenty of things that would stop me from calling it great without ranger mode. With ranger mode? pretty good, great even. Not one of the best things the genre had to offer in its existence. Largely for me it has to deal with the fact that I love the shit out of the other Eastern European FPS games(STALKER and Cryostasis). It's a more streamlined styled game in comparison. What it gains in accessibility, function, and raw fun, it loses in richness and depth. The latter I tend to respect more.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

dat feel of pockets fully laden with pocket eggs

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#303  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Cheleman said:

@darkspineslayer:

your treading on some... mighty thin ice here...

Isn't that the guy who went on a killing spree and committed suicide after making a few videos in your sig?

If not, looks exactly like him.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

@parkurtommo:

yes senpai elliot aka the supreme gentleman 8)

his muh hero. i wanna be just like him when i grow up :3

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#305 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Cheleman said:

@parkurtommo:

yes senpai elliot aka the supreme gentleman 8)

his muh hero. i wanna be just like him when i grow up :3

Well that's great. I wish you success.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#306 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

sucks that you have to pay to play online on psn. i really dislike this practice. very upset that sony forced this.

Nintendo is the only one that hasn't forced the pay to play. then again other than SSB and MK8 there are no games i wanna play online on the Wii U.

I also finished the first season of kuroko no baskue and it was great.

the GOM are overpowered but it's understandable since they are miracles and are called monsters. gonna rewatch.

Just Remember, Monster Hunter Tri was Subscription based in Japan.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#307  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Question for anyone who played Doom 3 on PC or played Doom 3 BFG Edition:

I bought Doom 3 BFG Edition on Steam for a whopping $5 the other day and played up till the point that I encountered a progress halting (and thus, game ending) glitch -- in Delta Labs, after you turn the reactor back on, you are supposed to go to the elevators in Delta Labs. My glitch is that the elevators still read "Low Power" and so the doors do not open and I cannot ride the elevators.

Is there anyway around this other than restarting the entire game? I have a save file from the previous checkpoint which I played on till reaching the same glitched elevator doors and the only other save file I have is one that I used as a sort mid-checkpoint save so I wouldn't have to replay 10 or so minutes if I were to die (as I am playing on Hard).

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Smokin cat fooood... walkin Shaq Fuuuuu

*vanishes*

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 CrownKingArthur

@R3FURBISHED: Is that the place where there's another elevator to Delta labs? I hope I'm not getting confused, but I seem to remember one part where I went to go back to another elevator, and on the way there I accidentally stumbled across a different elevator.

Another trick of mine is to explore systematically hugging the right side wall until I find something new - this has helped me a few times. I hope the game doesn't glitch you out of enjoyment, I had a lot of fun with it quite recently. Sorry if this isn't helpful.

@ConanTheStoner: i never really listened to bone thugs, but that track was pretty dope.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

Well it came in and I already love it!

Now after Anime Fest I'll focus on a Real Upgrade.

My Current PC Specs are

• Case: NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
  • MotherBoard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
  • Graphics Card: XFX HD-677X-ZNLC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
  • CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
  • Ram: 3072MB
  • Power supply: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

The CPU and Ram came with the old eMachine that I foolishly bought thinking all I needed to do was buy a Graphics card and I'll be set. That computer is long gone.

Entry Level Stuff right? I like it since it can play a lot of stuff on High and even Ultra. Just look at my Steam Screenshots. But I want to get ready for Next Gen.

I already have a Case for the new set up. It's the Sentey Optimus Extreme Division Tower.

I'm actually kind of thinking about just upgrading the Tower already, but I'm waiting till I have my Upgrade parts and extra parts to make a new computer before doing so.

What do you guys recommend for me for Upgrading?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 CrownKingArthur

@LegatoSkyheart: either cpu and/or gpu? actually maybe get a 4gb stick first, you've got free slots?

looks like you get 22A on one of the 12V rails of your PSU, when/if you go to upgrade your GPU, assuming you keep running with that power supply the max power consumption from a GPU that I would tolerate would be: 22 * 12 * 0.85 (safety factor)

=224W

seems like plenty if you just want to run one gpu. in november the next cards are coming. would you hold out that long?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 LegatoSkyheart

@CrownKingArthur: eh I'll see. What cards are coming in November?

Was thinking about upgrading my ram from 3 to 8 since more memory is always needed. (I have 2 slots for ram)

The CPU I was thinking of getting a quad since dual core isn't cutting it anymore.

Do I need to upgrade my Power Supply? The 500w seems to be doing just fine.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 CrownKingArthur

@LegatoSkyheart: i'd just run that PSU until it dies. but always double check when changing components that the PSU will be able to supply the current OK.

november - don't know. but they'll probably be better value than what's out atm.

cpu - fx-8350 seems really awesome.

ram - ah ok so you're running a 1 and a 2 gig module. yeah, probably get either: two 4's; or one 8. and then later on you could get another 8gb module.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#314 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Cheleman said:

@darkspineslayer:

What the **** did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.

And you can look for the rest of the pasta yourself, bitch. A re*arded mod might take my ass supah600 series xD

I got fucking suspended for saying this with a Pokemon twist.

WITH A POKEMON TWIST.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#315 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Cheleman said:

@darkspineslayer:

What the **** did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.

And you can look for the rest of the pasta yourself, bitch. A re*arded mod might take my ass supah600 series xD

WITH A POKEMON TWIST.

Super can't understand what is and is not a joke.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Cheleman said:

@darkspineslayer:

WITH A POKEMON TWIST.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#317 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@LegatoSkyheart: i'd just run that PSU until it dies. but always double check when changing components that the PSU will be able to supply the current OK.

november - don't know. but they'll probably be better value than what's out atm.

cpu - fx-8350 seems really awesome.

ram - ah ok so you're running a 1 and a 2 gig module. yeah, probably get either: two 4's; or one 8. and then later on you could get another 8gb module.

I thought about the 8350 actually. But my other board is not a AM3+ It's just an AM3. So the best I could put on that would be a 6 core, I believe the 1100T
In the end I decided to jump to what I have now, a 4670k.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#318 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: All I have to say is, don't get use to that mouse wheel lol :P

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#319 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

The further I get in The Last Story, the more I enjoy this game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By Ballroompirate

@bbkkristian what server are you on now in ARR?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Well it came in and I already love it!

Now after Anime Fest I'll focus on a Real Upgrade.

My Current PC Specs are

• Case: NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
  • MotherBoard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
  • Graphics Card: XFX HD-677X-ZNLC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
  • CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 220 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
  • Ram: 3072MB
  • Power supply: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

The CPU and Ram came with the old eMachine that I foolishly bought thinking all I needed to do was buy a Graphics card and I'll be set. That computer is long gone.

Entry Level Stuff right? I like it since it can play a lot of stuff on High and even Ultra. Just look at my Steam Screenshots. But I want to get ready for Next Gen.

I already have a Case for the new set up. It's the Sentey Optimus Extreme Division Tower.

I'm actually kind of thinking about just upgrading the Tower already, but I'm waiting till I have my Upgrade parts and extra parts to make a new computer before doing so.

What do you guys recommend for me for Upgrading?

Some good recommendations have already been made but I'd like to throw in if you're upgrading the RAM, particularly if you're not comfortable with overclocking, to upgrade the motherboard as well. I'm assuming your RAM upgrade will be @1600 so if you don't want to bottleneck it you'll need to look for a newer motherboard. Also, be mindful of whether you'll be getting an LGA 1155 or LGA 1150 processor, being that the 1155 is now discontinued and I'm sure you would be very disappointed if you bought a processor that didn't fit your motherboard.

Granted motherboard and RAM upgrades are quite far below CPU + GPU upgrades.

Also, a very fun upgrade would be a cheap sound card. Don't need to go pricey being that on-board audio is rather meh.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Demonjoe93 said:

I really want to go into it but I hate auto attack. Give me turn based or something like Dragons Dogma/Tales/Kingdom Hearts in my real time combat pls.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 CrownKingArthur

@kitty: 4670k would be very nice. at the moment i'm on a 3470, but i'll be passing that cpu on to the Mrs, and will set myself up with an i5 4890.

so are you going to hit the green button with that dual gpu upgrade you were talking about? 7870s to gtx780s?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#324  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
@Demonjoe93 said:

Definitely wanting to play this after I beat Xenoblade. No clue when that will be but it's on my list of games to play! Is the story itself what you enjoy, the gameplay, or everything in general?

@Ballroompirate said:

what server are you on now in ARR?

:( Damn, do I really need to get past this busy time in my life and get back into that game. I'm still honestly surprised by how much I was loving it.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#325 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@commonfate: you know you turn auto attack off, right??? Go into the setting and set it to manual. And hack and slash as much as you want. That's the only to enjoy the game.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 bbkkristian

@Ballroompirate: Gilgamesh, my friend. My characters name is Kris Valience. I'm on around 1:00pm pst if you wanna add me on your friends list.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#327 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@kitty: 4670k would be very nice. at the moment i'm on a 3470, but i'll be passing that cpu on to the Mrs, and will set myself up with an i5 4890.

so are you going to hit the green button with that dual gpu upgrade you were talking about? 7870s to gtx780s?

The prices I saw at the microcenters would have made you change your mind. :P While I bought my 4670k for $239. They were $169 at the microcenter. But I'm not sure if those are around you reside at. But nice choice. Let me know how you like it. I'm sure the Mrs will like that 3470.

Yep. That's what I plan to save up for now. :) Though it might take awhile.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 LegatoSkyheart

@commonfate: You get used to the auto attack eventually. I'm SO close to beating the game its not even funny.

@CrownKingArthur: yeah I might do a 16 GB build. Seems like a good number. Though I'm shooting for an 8 right now.

@commonfate: yeah I was actually thinking of getting another motherboard maybe one with more slots and have a PCIx3 slot.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Ballroompirate

@bbkkristian: Aight my characters name is Jesse Dunkshire, I should be on most of tomorrow since I don't have class.

@Zassimick: 2.3 made the game a lot more fun, been loving the new 24 man raid and the new hard modes are pretty fun, while Tam hardmode is actually pretty amazing from a story point of view if you paid attention to the story earlier around lvl 20.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#330 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

It's my birthday. Now the age of 23.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 bbkkristian

@Ballroompirate: @XaeroGravity: What Grand Company are you two in? Frontlines is freaking awesome and we need to be in the same GC to be on the same team. Have either of you tried it yet?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Ballroompirate

@bbkkristian: I haven't tried it yet, but I unlocked it. I'm the superior Maelstrom GC while I think Xaero might be TA.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By bbkkristian

@Ballroompirate: definitely try it out, it finally brings in fun to pvp.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#334 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

@commonfate: you know you turn auto attack off, right??? Go into the setting and set it to manual. And hack and slash as much as you want. That's the only to enjoy the game.

It's been awhile since I played it, but I thought there wasnt much that could save the controls of that game. Even if auto attack is off, it conflicts with movement as you cant just cut through to the back lines at times with the way the controls worked.

Granted, I still enjoyed the game quite abit, despite the performance and control issues.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By bbkkristian

@illmatic87: oh yes, the Wii does not do the game justice. I hope Mistwalker gives it the HD remake it deserves.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By nintendoboy16

@TheGuardian03 said:

Happy Birthday bro.

Thanks! :)

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#339  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Happy birthday and many many wishes

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 CrownKingArthur
@nintendoboy16 said:

twenty three years young aye? well happy birthday. hope it was good.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 LegatoSkyheart
@nintendoboy16 said:

Welcome to the 23rd Club, brother.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Loading Video...

Nobody likes you when you're 23.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#343 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

Happy Birthday bro.

Thanks! :)

Happy birthday!

You're playing the wrong version of Borderlands 2 :(

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Anti-weeboos..... lol

The next lounge should be pro weeboos. I'll make i... plox?

happy-b nintendoboy

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts
@ladyblue said:

Anti-weeboos..... lol

happy-b nintendoboy

Whats Weeboo?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#346 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@commonfate said:

@Demonjoe93 said:

I really want to go into it but I hate auto attack. Give me turn based or something like Dragons Dogma/Tales/Kingdom Hearts in my real time combat pls.

There's actually a manual mode in it as well, but, for some reason, your attacks are weaker when you use it. Not sure why.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@system-reboot said:
@ladyblue said:

Anti-weeboos..... lol

happy-b nintendoboy

Whats Weeboo?

You should know it sniper-chan

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I played 8 hrs of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 yesterday... I don't think I've ever spent a single day ever playing video games for that long lol. That's weird for me.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By nintendoboy16

Thanks guys! I got some birthday money this year, so I'm looking into what I want to buy.