System Wars Lounge v41- Bittersweet Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2551 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Katie Cassidy looks like a fish.

I'd still bang her, though Felicity gets a nerdhot/10 ranking.

I agree, Felicity is a 10 in my nerdgasm book

I'd have to say Caity Lotz = Emily Bett Rickards = Jaina Gavankar (so Fraking hot) > everyone else.

Personally Stephen Amell, Manu Bennett, Emily B Rickards and Paul Blackthorne make that show so much better. That show has been amazing since episode 1, which is rare for a show to hook me in after watching the first episode. Also love how the show can be somewhat serious (dat ending to ep 14) and have some funny moments which kinda reminds me of a Joss Whedons writing , the show just reminds me of a Batman Begins + Dark Angel + Firefly.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2552 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

I'd have to say Caity Lotz = Emily Bett Rickards = Jaina Gavankar (so Fraking hot) > everyone else.

Personally Stephen Amell, Manu Bennett, Emily B Rickards and Paul Blackthorne make that show so much better. That show has been amazing since episode 1, which is rare for a show to hook me in after watching the first episode. Also love how the show can be somewhat serious (dat ending to ep 14) and have some funny moments which kinda reminds me of a Joss Whedons writing , the show just reminds me of a Batman Begins + Dark Angel + Firefly.

Seriously... Episode 1 was what roped me in, and it was glorious. I like the direction they are taking, and the introduction of the Flash could be cool... No doubt a series spinoff.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2553 Ballroompirate

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Seriously... Episode 1 was what roped me in, and it was glorious. I like the direction they are taking, and the introduction of the Flash could be cool... No doubt a series spinoff.

I was skeptical before I started watching Arrow, I heard good things about it but I never got into Green Arrow as a comic hero and the show at least in my eyes looked like another Smallville so I passed on it tell a few weeks ago and I have to say the show just blew away my doubts.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2554 lundy86_4

@Ballroompirate said:

I was skeptical before I started watching Arrow, I heard good things about it but I never got into Green Arrow as a comic hero and the show at least in my eyes looked like another Smallville so I passed on it tell a few weeks ago and I have to say the show just blew away my doubts.

I was pretty similar... I only watched a few episodes when it initially aired, and kinda gave up. Since watching it all, i'm hooked. Can't wait until the 15th (I think) for it to air again.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2555 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Yea, its a series spinoff, he's gonna have his own show

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2556 lundy86_4

@mems_1224 said:

Yea, its a series spinoff, he's gonna have his own show

It'll be interesting to see. As a hero, I dunno how he's (the actor) gonna pull it off. Could be cool.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2557 mems_1224

@Ballroompirate said:

Forgot about Janina. Man, she should have been on more.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2558 Ballroompirate

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I was pretty similar... I only watched a few episodes when it initially aired, and kinda gave up. Since watching it all, i'm hooked. Can't wait until the 15th (I think) for it to air again.

It's ether the 12th or 15th, but from what I've read so far it's only 4-5 more episodes which has me worried.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2559 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

It goes without saying Katie cassidy could obviously get the dick. She just sucks at her job.

But yeah I like Felicity more it's the glasses.

Kinda seeing it with the glasses. They can be pretty hot.

Yeah Arrow's had some great broads.

Not Supernatural tier, but come on. That show had like a hall of fame track record for getting some fine ass broads on the show.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2560  Edited By mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

It goes without saying Katie cassidy could obviously get the dick. She just sucks at her job.

But yeah I like Felicity more it's the glasses.

Kinda seeing it with the glasses. They can be pretty hot.

Not Supernatural tier, but come on. That show had like a hall of fame track record for getting some fine ass broads on the show.

<3 Alona Tal

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2561 Ballroompirate

@mems_1224 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Forgot about Janina. Man, she should have been on more.

I'm hoping they bring her back :3

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2562 lundy86_4

@Ballroompirate said:

It's ether the 12th or 15th, but from what I've read so far it's only 4-5 more episodes which has me worried.

Seems like it could be a shorter run. I hope not.

@jg4xchamp said:

Never watched it... It could be my complete womanhood toward horror... I'll cry like a girl.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2563 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I need to stop playing pokemon x.x

I've obtained 77% of the pokemon I've seen so far and that number is over 440 something.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2564  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

You know with all the warring factions going on in gaming, this video really puts things in perspective :)

Extra Credits

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2565 jg4xchamp

The 2nd season of Arrow is another 23 episode season. With the final 2 episodes being a 2 parter again.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2568 lundy86_4

@jg4xchamp said:

The 2nd season of Arrow is another 23 episode season. With the final 2 episodes being a 2 parter again.

Good to hear... Hnnng!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2569 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

The reason she's named Felicity Smoke is because she is smokin' HOT :D :D

Seriously, she's my favorite in the show :)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2570  Edited By lundy86_4

@AdobeArtist said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

The reason she's named Felicity Smoke is because she is smokin' HOT :D :D

Seriously, she's my favorite in the show :)

lol, yes she is.

She's one of my favourites as well.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2571  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I hate having ridiculously long breaks in between classes. I have a 7 hour long break tommorrow.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2572  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

credit to super600 who showed me this really funny video. i won't embed because gamespot can be a bit smelly.

Premise: a discussion on Miiverse between two 8th graders. a guy and a girl. read out loud. 14mins long but its pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPme2gSE46U&feature=youtu.be

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2573  Edited By super600  Moderator

@CrownKingArthur said:

credit to super600 who showed me this really funny video. i won't embed because gamespot can be a bit smelly.

Premise: a discussion on Miiverse between two 8th graders. a guy and a girl. read out loud. 14mins long but its pretty funny.

It's okay to discuss this video guys in here but do not harass the kid.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2574  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

Needs a sequel, maybe go into a trilogy.

Epic love story for the ages.

---

"comment if u need a girlfriend...

2 teens underneath a star filled sky reach over to clasp a firefly in thier hands...and then they kiss...

he ever said anything to u that made u feel like he was forcing him self upon u...

...NO!...

Kimony wat happened? i'm so confused Nocole y would ur cousin do this...i want u... i love u..."

---

lol.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2575  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@SolidTy: glad you enjoyed it.

the handwritten "no" was one of the highlights for me. ah to be 13 years old again. i would have berried nicole through the internets.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2576  Edited By SolidTy
@CrownKingArthur said:

@SolidTy: glad you enjoyed it.

the handwritten "n"o was one of the highlights for me. ah to be 13 years old again. i would have berried nicole through the internets.

A bunch of comments got deleted in this lounge (including our boring conversation), but weren't a problem with GS TOS/TOU, that's strange. Abuse of power? Something else? No one is being mocked, just a boring conversation about an mildly amusing youtube video. Why delete the posts? Some sort of white knighting and protection from a gamespot moderator for Nintendo Network lovebirds Allan and Nicole? Not that they need it, since this story has been reported across the web. No one is making fun of anyone yet, anyways...but if they were, what would have been the big deal? It's even reported at Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/a-modern-love-story-unfolds-courtesy-of-nintendo-1497547149 Super600 is the last moderator to post in here, something up Super?

I literally only posted to thank him for posting it.

Thanks for posting the link to youtube for that very mild 14 minute romantic youtube video/forum conversation in any event.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2577  Edited By SolidTy
@CrownKingArthur said:

Needs a sequel, maybe go into a trilogy. This is actually gaming news, as reported at the gaming Site Kotaku : http://kotaku.com/a-modern-love-story-unfolds-courtesy-of-nintendo-1497547149

It's an Epic love story for the ages.

Some choice quotes for those not interested in watching a 14 minute video:

"comment if u need a girlfriend..."

"2 teens underneath a star filled sky reach over to clasp a firefly in thier hands...and then they kiss..."

"he ever said anything to u that made u feel like he was forcing him self upon u..."

"...NO!..."

"Kimony wat happened? i'm so confused Nocole y would ur cousin do this...i want u... i love u..."

---

lol.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2578 CrownKingArthur

@SolidTy: I'm just very glad you liked it.

things going all good with you? im just finishing work.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2579 super600  Moderator

Your posts are back guys. I changed my mind.Just make sure whatever happened in that neogaf thread does not happen here.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2580  Edited By SolidTy

@CrownKingArthur said:

The tiny conversation we had and general situation got more amusing than intended, lol.

I watched the video and felt it my duty to comment since I did enjoy it...and let you know at least one person watched it lol.

*says in one breath* I didn't expect the lounge to be scrubbed and erased in an extreme effort to protect those non-gamespot affiliated, anonymous lovebirds that star in this bland youtube video originally from a forum on Nintendo Network which was reported at other gaming outlets.

That's a mouthful! That's what He-she, my pal Pat, said.

The Cat-suited Mario is out of the bag! The video is going to get pretty big as it was reported at Kotaku 50 minutes ago: http://kotaku.com/a-modern-love-story-unfolds-courtesy-of-nintendo-1497547149

It's going well, but I need to go work out and I just keep procrastinating...lol.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2581  Edited By super600  Moderator

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

The coversation and general situation got more amusing than intended, lol.

I watched the video and felt it my duty to comment since I did enjoy it...and let you know at least one person watched it lol. I didn't expect the lounge to be scrubbed and erased in an extreme effort to protect those non-gamespot affiliated, anonymous lovebirds that star in this bland youtube video originally from a forum on Nintendo Network which was reported at other gaming outlets.

The Cat-suited Mario is out of the bag! The video is going to get pretty big as it was reported at Kotaku 50 minutes ago: http://kotaku.com/a-modern-love-story-unfolds-courtesy-of-nintendo-1497547149

It's going well, but I need to go work out and I just keep procrastinating...lol.

I have to work on something to now.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2582 CrownKingArthur

@SolidTy: thanks you are too kind.

exercise is really good fun. is it legs day today or something?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2583 SolidTy

@CrownKingArthur said:

@SolidTy: thanks you are too kind.

exercise is really good fun. is it legs day today or something?

Nah Bro, Leg Day was Two days ago, LOL!

Arms was yesterday, today is just a boring Cardio day, haha.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2584  Edited By SolidTy
@super600 said:

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

The tiny conversation we had and general situation got more amusing than intended, lol.

I watched the video and felt it my duty to comment since I did enjoy it...and let you know at least one person watched it lol.

*says in one breath* I didn't expect the lounge to be scrubbed and erased in an extreme effort to protect those non-gamespot affiliated, anonymous lovebirds that star in this bland youtube video originally from a forum on Nintendo Network which was reported at other gaming outlets.

You have to work on something to...now?

Instead of later or earlier?

You are working on something....what does that mean? Is it related to Kotaku's news story about this youtube video?

Is it the System Wars thread that just popped up about this very topic?

This is all so mind-boggling. I only wanted to thank a chap for posting some lulz. Mission accomplished, haha. Do you personally know Allan or Nicole?

Have a good one, I hope whatever it is you are working on turns out well. I know school starts soon (if it hasn't already), enjoy your time off.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2585 CrownKingArthur

@SolidTy: cardio? yuck!

i never do cardio. i used to, but then i just replaced it with more weight training. it suits me, i do more total training volume this way.

well i'm outta here. nice to talk to you mr Ty.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2586 SolidTy

@CrownKingArthur said:

@SolidTy: cardio? yuck!

i never do cardio. i used to, but then i just replaced it with more weight training. it suits me, i do more total training volume this way.

well i'm outta here. nice to talk to you mr Ty.

That makes sense depending on what you are going for. I am trying to fit into my High School Prom Dress, and she's a little too snug, ya DIG!?

Nice chat on this end as well :)

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2587 super600  Moderator

@SolidTy said:
@super600 said:

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

You are working on something....what does that mean? Is it related to Kotaku's news story about this youtube video?

This is all so mind-boggling. I only wanted to thank a chap for posting some lulz. Mission accomplished, haha. Do you personally know Allan or Nicole?

Have a good one, I hope whatever it is you are working on turns out well. I know school starts soon (if it hasn't already), enjoy your time off.

I already started my next semster of university. Let's hope that person is doing okay.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2588  Edited By SolidTy

@super600 said:

@SolidTy said:
@super600 said:

@SolidTy said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Is it the System Wars thread that just popped up about this very topic?

I already started my next semster of university. Let's hope that person is doing okay.

I think and hope that person is doing fine, after all he only got to know her for a day or two...hours at the most. They say a break up takes half the time to heal. He knew her for a few hours, at most he was melancholy for an hour before he forgot the whole thing. Plenty of internet babes in the sea for him to meet, and plenty of people to meet on Nintendo's Network. Maybe she contacted him again in another thread under her new account.

Besides, Nicole could have been a 45 year old male w/mustache undercover FBI agent looking for real internet pervs and Allan was too sincere to be a target.

Allan could have been a 36 year old bored, overweight, and potentially lonely Mafia goon w/beard just getting lols in a strip club with a 3DS or Lappy in the back office, all while waiting on a confirmation of a hit to go down.

Good luck next semester! :)

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2589 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

How in the **** is super600 a mod.

Seriously?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2590 super600  Moderator

@pyratrum said:

Seriously?

I made a dumb mistake because I thought it was not a good idea to post that.It happens. It's okay to post that thing now, but just don't start tracking whatever that person posts

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2591  Edited By SolidTy
@super600 said:

Your posts are back guys. I changed my mind.Just make sure whatever happened in that neogaf thread does not happen here.

I don't know what happened over there, but I just wanted to thank what's his face for posting the link thingie.

I hope whatever you witnessed at that gaming forum doesn't happen here in the SW lounge. What you saw must have been pretty bad to be worried. I know a friend who almost was in Witsec in RL, but thankfully things went a different way, so I understand to some extent how seeing some bad things can go from bad to even worse. As if the trauma from seeing bad things wasn't enough to see, then you have to worry about other things! Gamespot.com doesn't have a witsec program yet that I know of, but maybe they can consider some sort of program if things get too severe.

Either way, good looking out for whatever it is you saw. I hope System Warriors read this and know about being careful and not doing what happened at that other place. The internet is scary when you think about it a lot, but some people don't think about it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2592 super600  Moderator

@SolidTy said:
@super600 said:

I don't know what happened over there, but I just wanted to thank what's his face for posting the link thingie.

I hope whatever you witnessed at that gaming forum doesn't happen here in the SW lounge. What you saw must have been pretty bad to be worried. I know a friend who almost was in Witsec in RL, but thankfully things went a different way, so I understand to some extent how seeing some bad things can go from bad to even worse. As if the trauma from seeing bad things wasn't enough to see, then you have to worry about other things! Gamespot.com doesn't have a witsec program yet that I know of, but maybe they can consider some sort of program if things get too severe.

Either way, good looking out for whatever it is you saw. I hope System Warriors read this and know about being careful and not doing what happened at that other place. The internet is scary when you think about it a lot, but some people don't think about it.

They were pretty much tracking whatever the person was posting which was kinda creepy and this probably got that thread on GAF locked.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2593 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts
@pyratrum said:

Seriously?

I dunno either. GS did that whole make everyone who is a ranger a mod thing a while back. Odd decision.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2594  Edited By mems_1224

Probably the greatest announcement in the history of the world

http://gizmodo.com/wwe-has-its-own-network-now-1497590938/@kylenw

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2595  Edited By SolidTy

@super600 said:

@SolidTy said:
@super600 said:

They were pretty much tracking whatever the person was posting which was kinda creepy and this probably got that thread on GAF locked.

Oh no, the Miiverse was attacked or at least manipulated by that gaming forum? Basically by tracking that poor guy using Nintendo online technology, after she left him, just to see him post. He already had a bad day, no need to make him feel worse using Nintendo Network.

Nintendo did not sell that many copies of Marios to update Wii U/3DS online just so some gaming forum can antagonize Wiiversers about their damn LOVELIFE! I wonder if Adam Corolla has heard about this.

When I turn on my Nintendo Wii U and 3DS, I want a smile on my face...and some people want others to frown and they are trying to spread their meanness to Nintendo Miiverse!

Thankfully, we have some form of protection here at gamespot.com that neongaph does not have.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2596 jg4xchamp

@mems_1224 said:

If this was the 90s maybe.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2597  Edited By mems_1224

@jg4xchamp said:

@mems_1224 said:

If this was the 90s maybe.

for $10 a month it can be.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2598 Ballroompirate

@lundy86_4 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Good to hear... Hnnng!

I was gonna throw a hissy fit if they weren't gonna do another long season

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2599 jg4xchamp

There would have been reason to shorten it. It had a good first season ratings wise, like all of CW's show are 20+ episodes, the exception this year was Nikita which was given a last season to finish up(kind of like a pity season). The only real worry for Arrow is Summer Glau. She is a harbinger of getting cancelled.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2600  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

I tried watching Arrow, but after several episodes I couldn't muster the will to continue. It was kinda boring. Is the second season substantially better or something?