System Wars Lounge v31-- The Post Holiday Hangover Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I know some of us don't always get along here, but it's comforting to know that we'll all put away our differences to help one another in the face of tragedy.freedomfreak
I think it's called being human :o

Unfortunately it's a quality I find rare these days. Especially on the internet.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I know some of us don't always get along here, but it's comforting to know that we'll all put away our differences to help one another in the face of tragedy.Xaero_Gravity
I think it's called being human :o

Unfortunately it's a quality I find rare these days. Especially on the internet.

There will always be freedom.
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Xaero_Gravity
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] I think it's called being human :o

And freaks(and geeks).
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#204 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Bruno was a decent movie...
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 freedomfreak
Bruno was a decent movie... Badosh
I think it's my favorite Sacha movie, as far as his characters go.
ThePlatypus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 ThePlatypus101
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlatypus101"]Good afternoon everyone. What is this talk about PSN changing ? At the moment my ps3 is getting repaired so I know nothing.freedomfreak
I've noticed you're building a pc.

Hello, Indeed I am although I'm still thinking about just using a configurator instead. How do you know anyway lucky guess ?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"] Unfortunately it's a quality I find rare these days. Especially on the internet.

And freaks(and geeks).

Never saw the show.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Badosh
[QUOTE="Badosh"]Bruno was a decent movie... freedomfreak

I would agree with you, though the second half of the movie was meh.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="ThePlatypus101"]Good afternoon everyone. What is this talk about PSN changing ? At the moment my ps3 is getting repaired so I know nothing.ThePlatypus101
I've noticed you're building a pc.

Hello, Indeed I am although I'm still thinking about just using a configurator instead. How do you know anyway lucky guess ?

I'm very good at guessing :D
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Great... its freezing and our boiler is on the fritz.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Badosh"]Bruno was a decent movie... Badosh

I would agree with you, though the second half of the movie was meh.

I loved this breakdown. ICH BIN BRÃœNO! The second half of Borat was worse.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Badosh
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] The second half of Borat was worse.

This, I would also agree with.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 freedomfreak
I just found out Kurt Sutter is Otto in Sons of Anarchy
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Badosh
Have to go to a fvckin' hipster coffeshop to watch my friend play music.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Today, I finally finished my Skyrim+DLC playthrough, which I started about a month ago. Exploring every part of the map, and finishing all the main quests and more important side quests took me 130 hours...

Despite plenty of flaws like repetative structure and shallow combat, I still enjoyed the game a lot, though I definitely wouldn't name it a 2011 GOTY, even with all the mods and patches. Anyways, now, I can finally move on, and dedicate my gaming time to something else, before I end up getting Dragonborn DLC at some Steam sale in a month or two.

For now, think I'll start with something like Binding of Isaac or Mark of the Ninja, before moving onto Spec Ops and The Walking Dead...

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Great... its freezing and our boiler is on the fritz.clyde46
so can the boiler freeze? Thats not fun. I've had it happen.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 freedomfreak
Have to go to a fvckin' hipster coffeshop to watch my friend play music. Badosh
:P I hope you can hold out in there. I sure as hell can't.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Jonwh18

Today, I finally finished my Skyrim+DLC playthrough, which I started about a month ago. Exploring every part of the map, and finishing all the main quests and more important side quests took me 130 hours...

Despite plenty of flaws like repetative structure and shallow combat, I still enjoyed the game a lot, though I definitely wouldn't name it a 2011 GOTY, even with all the mods and patches. Anyways, now, I can finally move on, and dedicate my gaming time to something else, before I end up getting Dragonborn DLC at some Steam sale in a month or two.

For now, think I'll start with something like Binding of Isaac or Mark of the Ninja, before moving onto Spec Ops and The Walking Dead...

Rocker6

yeah, skyrim does suck :)

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Badosh
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] :P I hope you can hold out in there. I sure as hell can't.

I probably won't. I don't even like coffee so. I mean, I like pretty hipstery music, but hipsters themselves, ugh.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="Badosh"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] :P I hope you can hold out in there. I sure as hell can't.

I probably won't. I don't even like coffee so. I mean, I like pretty hipstery music, but hipsters themselves, ugh.

Just listen to the music, and ignore everything else :P
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Badosh
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Just listen to the music, and ignore everything else :P

Good thinkin' lincoln.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Jonwh18

Have to go to a fvckin' hipster coffeshop to watch my friend play music. Badosh
pull a kratos and kill everyone, then when the cops show up start yelling ATHENA, and just blame it on the gods.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Have to go to a fvckin' hipster coffeshop to watch my friend play music. Jonwh18

pull a kratos and kill everyone, then when the cops show up start yelling ATHENA, and just blame it on the gods.

Lol
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Rocker6

I have yet to start Skyrim. It's sitting in my hard drive waiting to be played, thanks to my backlog.

Looking forward to starting it.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Badosh

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Have to go to a fvckin' hipster coffeshop to watch my friend play music. Jonwh18

That sounds... reasonable.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

GamerwillzPS

I have yet to start Skyrim. It's sitting in my hard drive waiting to be played, thanks to my backlog.

Looking forward to starting it.

It was the same for me, my friend gifted it to me on Steam when it was released, but due to backlog and general lack of will for a huge open world game, I waited for over a year to start playing seriously!

Tried it out a few times before, but I'd quickly lose interest, play for an hour or two, delete the saves, and put it off for another time... :P

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#227 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Have to go to a fvckin' hipster coffeshop to watch my friend play music. Badosh

If that doesn't work start crying like Kratos.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 GamerwillzPS

Wow, had a rather pleasant surprise.

I was checking out Skyrim DLC in Steam and noticed that there is High Resolution Texture Pack. :shock:

Nice! I didn't know about this.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Rocker6

I was checking out Skyrim DLC in Steam and noticed that there is High Resolution Texture Pack. :shock:

GamerwillzPS

Yeah, it's pretty old, actually... though if you want to see any real difference from the vanilla Skyrim... hit the Nexus! ;)

That Pack is nothing special, but take some time with mods, then things get special...

Oh, and if you're planning to go for a playthrough soon, even if you don't want to bother with heavy modding, at least install the Unofficial Patches, those community made patches exist in all Bethesda RPG, from Fallout to TES, and they're a must!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#230 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

At the beginning of this school year where everyone had to introduce themselves, there was a hipster named Mike or something, but he wanted to be called Draco. I couldn't help but laugh.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

At the beginning of this school year where everyone had to introduce themselves, there was a hipster named Mike or something, but he wanted to be called Draco. I couldn't help but laugh.

Chozofication

Schoolkids can be funny.

"My name is little Michael but please, call me D34THSL4Y3R500".

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#232 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
The AC3 Boss Battle with [spoiler] Pitcairn [/spoiler] is one of the worst I've ever played. I can't believe I actually wanted to just have a QTE. Here's the problem: 1) Assassin's Creed has some of the worst combat in the industry, and [spoiler] Pitcairn [/spoiler] is just a glorified damage sponge. 2) While you're fighting him there are tons of British soldiers all around you, causing the camera to jerk around constantly along with your attacks hitting the wrong person. If that isn't bad enough, there are firing squads that randomly set up which could instantly kill you. 3) The arena is small and if you try to leave you'll be desincronized. I'd much rather play The Library on Legendary to be honest.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Rocker6

Yeah, it's pretty old, actually... though if you want to see any real difference from the vanilla Skyrim... hit the Nexus! ;)

That Pack is nothing special, but take some time with mods, then things get special...

Oh, and if you're planning to go for a playthrough soon, even if you don't want to bother with heavy modding, at least install the Unofficial Patches, those community made patches exist in all Bethesda RPG, from Fallout to TES, and they're a must!

Cool, I might check out some mods, although I don't usually use mods. But if there's a mod I'm interested in, I'll give it a try.

Are unofficial patches safe? Do they fix bugs that official patches failed to do so?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

psymon100

Schoolkids can be funny.

Yeah, except he was like 30. :P

I go to ITT tech.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

GamerwillzPS

Cool, I might check out some mods, although I don't usually use mods. But if there's a mod I'm interested in, I'll give it a try.

Are unofficial patches safe? Do they fix bugs that official patches failed to do so?

Yes, unofficial patches are completely safe, they only make the game more stable and polished, and are compatible with probably any mod ever released...

And yes, they fix a huge amount of bugs and glitches left unattended by Bethesda, and are getting updated with more fixes on a regular basis...

Here, just check the changelog length:

http://www.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

Chozofication

Schoolkids can be funny.

I go to ITT tech.

That makes it much, much funnier. It's an interested way to fit in.

I'm not american so I had to google ITT. Looks like a massive multi-campus educational institute.

What do you study?

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Yes, unofficial patches are completely safe, they only make the game more stable and polished, and are compatible with probably any mod ever released...

And yes, they fix a huge amount of bugs and glitches left unattended by Bethesda, and are getting updated with more fixes on a regular basis...

Here, just check the changelog length:

http://www.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

Wow.

Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves when the community does a better job and is actually giving the game more love than Bethesda do. But the company is running under financial constraints, so they can't do everything, unfortunately.

All the community have is the time to spend. No money involved.

Thanks for the link, by the way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

Schoolkids can be funny.

psymon100

I go to ITT tech.

That makes it much, much funnier. It's an interested way to fit in.

I'm not american so I had to google ITT. Looks like a massive multi-campus educational institute.

What do you study?

When you think of hipster this guy was it to the max lol.

I'm just getting started on basic IT right now, i'm 19 so i'm just trying this out for now but i'm also trying to get a job as a conductor at my dad's railroad, i'm just doing everything I can and see where it takes me.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
What happend to the rumor sticky?
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Have to go to a fvckin' hipster coffeshop to watch my friend play music. Badosh

of course then the NRA will have a feild day with the whole video games cause violent behavior thing, but ehh. Worth it :P

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Badosh
of course then the NRA will have a feild day with the whole video games cause violent behavior thing, but ehh. Worth it :PJonwh18
I'll blame the hipster culture. Maybe Obama will ban them.
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
of course then the NRA will have a feild day with the whole video games cause violent behavior thing, but ehh. Worth it :PJonwh18
Lol, you guys were telling me that women have nothing to complain about because they're "equal." You guys have the biggest persecution complex in the world. No one really cares. Nothing is going to happen. And if it does? Then you're still a white, middle class, able-bodied male that can get away with anything. Poor you.
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Xaero_Gravity
It kinda bums me out that XCOM: Enemy Unknown isn't as talked about as it should be. :(
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 freedomfreak
It kinda bums me out that XCOM: Enemy Unknown isn't as talked about as it should be. :(Xaero_Gravity
It was around release. Can't wait to start it.
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Xaero_Gravity
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]It kinda bums me out that XCOM: Enemy Unknown isn't as talked about as it should be. :(freedomfreak

Yeah but it just seems like one of those titles that's already been forgotten despite being so different compared to the usual holiday releases.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]It kinda bums me out that XCOM: Enemy Unknown isn't as talked about as it should be. :(Xaero_Gravity

Yeah but it just seems like one of those titles that's already been forgotten despite being so different compared to the usual holiday releases.

That's what usually happens :(
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Rocker6

Just installed Binding of Isaac, and well, first impressions aren't positive. The game is completely random and unforgiving, the dungeons are different any time, and you have one life, no continues, which is an approach I don't favor at all...

So basically, for the most part, your success depends on the luck of the draw, you can get an easy and rewarding dungeon, or you can get a ruthlessly hard dungeon lacking any power ups, health refils, etc...

Will try to play some more eventually, but don't think I'll ever be getting into this one. Seems like one of those "love it or hate it" games, and well, it's more about hate for me. A shame, as I really like the presentation and the artstyle, the concept is very amusing and satisfyingly immature!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 freedomfreak
Play Spec Ops, Rocker.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Rocker6

Play Spec Ops, Rocker.freedomfreak

Not in the mood for that right now, will play it in a week or two...

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

hmmm got a party tonight. looks like I'be the DD again