System Wars Lounge V 84: May 2021 is looking great for games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#851 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@davillain- said:

I feel almost sorry for that FNAF director for being label as another cancelled culture even though I respect his opinions.

That is why it is best for people to separate politics and other bullshit from gaming. The only thing people should be concerned about is a developer's ability to make games. Judge the work and not the individuals.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#852  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

@davillain-: Yea saw. While certainly wouldn't vote for Trump or his cronies, he's entitled to vote for whomever he wants and doesn't need to disclose or justify it to anyone.

The fact people even know is because he was doxxed by Antifa. Which Jim Sterling was shouting about from the hills and Kotaku wanting him crucified. **** off.

Ironically, it looks like Sterling is the one on the decline. Not an instant cancel, slow and painful. Lost thousands upon thousands of subs with increasingly off the rail videos where he's attacking his audience, Youtube, the media and clouds in the sky.

Tried to pin the blame on transphobia, but if you look at his decline, which can be tracked, he was bleeding subs and getting about 1/10 of the views he had a year before, well before this.

Not the fact he's not funny. Repetitive. Extremely narcissist where his videos are more about him, talking about himself than the actual subject. Where gaming is begrudgingly mentioned. Lazily using stock photos and stock footage to fill time. Promoting himself with backyard wrestling, nobody gives a shit about. And generally coming across as abit of a prick, not a persona like he used to try sell, an actual prick.

I mean, the guy mocks The gamers (tm), while making a 30 odd minute videos crying about how they unsubbed from him. Badly hiding the fact he's absolutely seething with his buddies to give him mental padding in a shitty attempt to save-face.

Doubt most people give a shit about FNAF guys personal life. Just a small subset of game journos and Resetera types barking trying to make it a thing.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#853 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

TIL the creative director, lead level designer and scriptwriter of chaos theory, after finishing the game, moved onto his next project far cry 2, of which he was also the creative director. he later said "Far Cry 2, in my opinion, is a better and more important game than Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory."

maybe not entirely unrelated he did say working on chaos theory gave him brain damage

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#854 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@Macutchi: Its clint Hocking. One of the greatest mind at ubisoft. No wonder FC2 was ao good and immersive its made by same guy who made Splinter cell chaos theory.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#855 uninspiredcup

Not sure about Guilty Gears music. Can see the appeal. But it's abit...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#856 Macutchi

@ghosts4ever: if you had to pick your favourite from far cry 2 and metro exodus which one would you go for?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#857 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:

@ghosts4ever: if you had to pick your favourite from far cry 2 and metro exodus which one would you go for?

Metro of course.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#858 Macutchi

@ghosts4ever: the correct choice

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#859 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Awesome to see so many old faces still around!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#860 uninspiredcup
Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#861 Ghosts4ever

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Hello my friend, surprise to see you.

Avatar image for deactivated-62852ef1135c6
deactivated-62852ef1135c6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#862 deactivated-62852ef1135c6
Member since 2021 • 1322 Posts

Quick PC question if anyone cares to answer. Do you use a UPS? Do you think it's necessary? I have a surge protector, obviously, but that doesn't do anything for power loss due to blackout. We lose power where I live couple times a month or so due to summer storms. Sudden shutdowns drive me crazy, but I don't think they can damage hardware--in which case I guess I wouldn't need a UPS, as I'm covered for surges already. Save data loss sucks, but whatever. Anyway, just curious about what y'all think.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Anyone here tried Police Simulator Patrol Officers yet? Thinking about copping it on Steam. User reviews are really good.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#864 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@wandering_halls said:

Quick PC question if anyone cares to answer. Do you use a UPS? Do you think it's necessary? I have a surge protector, obviously, but that doesn't do anything for power loss due to blackout. We lose power where I live couple times a month or so due to summer storms. Sudden shutdowns drive me crazy, but I don't think they can damage hardware--in which case I guess I wouldn't need a UPS, as I'm covered for surges already. Save data loss sucks, but whatever. Anyway, just curious about what y'all think.

I do, but I must admit I didn't get one until after I got myself a DSM server (to prevent data loss). I found it to be extremely useful and basically can't see myself without it now.

I've been experiencing quick "flash" power loss too and these actually can damage your hardware. But now they're basically a thing of the past with the UPS.

Also as a bonus: I have my modem and router hooked up to my UPS so even with a power loss I still have Wi-Fi 👍

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#865 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

UPS is a must for any PC that is deemed important.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#866  Edited By uninspiredcup

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Anyone here tried Police Simulator Patrol Officers yet? Thinking about copping it on Steam. User reviews are really good.

Wish we had more police force type themed games. Stuff like Swat, Rainbow 6 (the OG) are far and few between.

Stuff like Battlefield: Hardline and Payday are more FPS just using the aesthetics.

Got Doorkickers sitting on Steam for years, might check that out. Looks like the planning phase of Rainbow 6 mixed with Commandos, a good combination.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#867  Edited By deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@Pedro: @lebanese_boy: Well, you guys have convinced me. Didn't take much, lol. Despite SW banter, I consider your PC advice highly useful. May I ask which UPS you suggest? Which one do you use? I'm assuming my PC is in the range of ~650w, obviously doubt it uses that much at any given time. It covers for both surge and power loss, yeah?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#868 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41526 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic: Good to see ya!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#869  Edited By uninspiredcup

Steam sale Wednesday.

The AAA stuff, price hikes combined with shitty discounts have become increasingly less enticing but older/indie game stuff generally still get good discounts.

Prob pick up OG GG, play through games chronologically. Learn anime story. Very exciting.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#870 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I put a mask on when I got in the car, to pick up some food. It wasn't until half-way there I realized what I did, baa. Probably why I see some people do that. Perhaps I won't think as harshly of the next person I see who's driving with a mask on.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#871 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3017 Posts

Twitch. Wtf are you anymore?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Welcome back! I left you a friend request on Steam whenever you have time to check it out Blue.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#873 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@SOedipus: Nah, you should feel bad 😆

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#874 lebanese_boy

@wandering_halls said:

@Pedro: @lebanese_boy: Well, you guys have convinced me. Didn't take much, lol. Despite SW banter, I consider your PC advice highly useful. May I ask which UPS you suggest? Which one do you use? I'm assuming my PC is in the range of ~650w, obviously doubt it uses that much at any given time. It covers for both surge and power loss, yeah?

No problem. I don't know that many UPS models to start giving you recommendations but I can tell you about mine and that's one I can definitely recommend, not too expensive either (~200$ CDN). It's called the CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD.

For reference I have a 550w PSU on my PC but as you said that doesn't mean it's actually using that much and even at peak times it is nowhere close. Either way the UPS is not meant for lengthy usage of your PC, just enough to save your stuff and properly shut down. That UPS also acts as a surge protector.

Right now what's plugged to the UPS' battery is the PC, my main monitor, PS4, router + modem and DSM server. Out of the 5 bars indicating the load capacity only one has ever lit up and I don't think I've ever gone past like 18% of its total capacity even at peak usage of my PC (playing a game like GTAV for example). I could test all of these devices simultaneously at their peak and give you a precise number if you would like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#875 deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@lebanese_boy said:
@wandering_halls said:

No problem. I don't know that many UPS models to start giving you recommendations but I can tell you about mine and that's one I can definitely recommend, not too expensive either (~200$ CDN). It's called the CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD.

For reference I have a 550w PSU on my PC but as you said that doesn't mean it's actually using that much and even at peak times it is nowhere close. Either way the UPS is not meant for lengthy usage of your PC, just enough to save your stuff and properly shut down. That UPS also acts as a surge protector.

Right now what's plugged to the UPS' battery is the PC, my main monitor, PS4, router + modem and DSM server. Out of the 5 bars indicating the load capacity only one has ever lit up and I don't think I've ever gone past like 18% of its total capacity even at peak usage of my PC (playing a game like GTAV for example). I could test all of these devices simultaneously at their peak and give you a precise number if you would like.

Thanks for all the info, dude. Huge help. Funny enough, I was already looking at CyberPower, and decided to go with the gx1325. It covers for 800+ watts, way more than I need, but I like overkill, lol. And yeah the only reason I want it is to properly save work and shutdown during blackouts, so 10 minutes or so should be plenty. Other than that, I went with the gx because it uses pure sinewave. I know simulated is fine, but as I said, I like overkill (plus I was lucky enough to track down a really good deal).

Thanks again dude.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#876 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41526 Posts

Maximilian dropping facts on casual fighting game players:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#877  Edited By uninspiredcup

@nintendoboy16: He's right. "game ruined scrubs bla bla". Generally people that spout that shit are toxic AF and people you generally do not want to play with. Elliot Rodger type fuckers who sit in their moms basement overdosing on cheetos between bouts of DOTA screeching.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#878 lebanese_boy

@wandering_halls: You're welcome and congrats on your purchase! I don't know about your setup but if possible I'd add that it's probably a good idea to hook anything of value to the UPS. So if you have a very expensive TV or your game console (with the obvious exception of the Switch since it has a battery already) it would also be a good idea to hook it up to the UPS.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#879 lebanese_boy

@nintendoboy16: I agree with that guy, for all games really.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#880 Chutebox

Bwhahaha, screw you Rivers and 76ers. Love it!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881  Edited By uninspiredcup

Strive Story mode is kind of mental. Goes from Olympus Has Fallen with off-brand Solid Snake and off-brand Obama fighting anime joker and turns into waifu Akira with people talking complete bollocks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#882  Edited By deactivated-62852ef1135c6

@lebanese_boy said:

@wandering_halls: You're welcome and congrats on your purchase! I don't know about your setup but if possible I'd add that it's probably a good idea to hook anything of value to the UPS. So if you have a very expensive TV or your game console (with the obvious exception of the Switch since it has a battery already) it would also be a good idea to hook it up to the UPS.

Honestly my PS4 is ancient, so I don't particular mind taking the chance. My TV is the bee's knees, but it's a bit old, too. As for my other consoles, none of them are plugged in, and most of them are reeeeally old, lol. Whenever I get a PS5/new TV I'll def consider battery backups. These flash blackouts are no freaking joke lately.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#883 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Haven't been here in a while, guess I didn't miss much according to the top threads.

Peace out.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#884 Ghosts4ever

The new user, the PC guy Recluse589 is familiar. he maybe some one alt. or some one.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#885 Chutebox

Damn, Supreme Court just hammered NCAA haha

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#886 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Haven't been here in a while, guess I didn't miss much according to the top threads.

Peace out.

The only smart one here.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup Just watched Wrath of man. its definitely best Jason statham movie ever made. Its a movie show different timeline with some turns and twist. jason statham plus clint eastwood son is villain.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#888  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: He should have been cast as Hitman. Movie would still suck, but he's Hitman.

Front page is pretty desperate and shameless, even by its usual standard. Not even just in the sense of "we are just infomercials for EA and Ubisoft buy their fucking games, kids" it's straight up nothing but ads.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#889 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

The new user, the PC guy Recluse589 is familiar. he maybe some one alt. or some one.

Just assume everyone's an alt.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#890 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

Gotta admit, Respawn knows how to tell a better story than J.J:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#891  Edited By uninspiredcup

@davillain-: Argue almost everything around the movies Disney era are better than the sequels.

I'd very much like to see Kevin Kiner do more video game stuff, specifically Starwars. Checking the wiki he just worked on two (fairly mediocre) Bond games.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#892 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The only good Star Wars movies are IV, V and III. There are far more good Star Wars games than movies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893  Edited By uninspiredcup

Re-reading Darth Plagueis now, pretty good. The book opens with him killing his master examining him as he dies trying to learn immortality, and ends with Palpatine killing him, purposefully letting him continue to murder him to see if he can overcome death.

Loading Video...

Probably would make a good movie or mini-series.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#894  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2395 Posts

I'm reading The Making of Alien. Finished the chapters about the principal photography. Towards the end of this chapter, I was grinning so hard, almost laughing, at one of Scott and Carroll's ideas for the ending, the one that nearly cost them the ending we got (which was already planned), after the Fox people couldn't believe they suggested it. They then told the filmmakers to just have Ripley escape in the shuttle and have that be it. I'm gonna be generous and assume Scott was just mentally exhausted after sixteen weeks of shooting and constant pressure from the studio, because he had so many good, mostly visual, ideas.

Miraculous that the movie came together as well as it did. In some instances the lack of more money and time seemed like a positive. I prefer the more suspenseful, simplistic air shaft scene over what they wanted to do.

Being one of my favorite movies, it's a wonderful read. Includes lots of production photos, concept art and storyboards too, and goes over the many progressive changes of the script in detail.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#895 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

@davillain-: realized there is a lot of similarities between Fallen Order and Rise of Skywalker from that picture. Second Sister had a good redemption arc too compared to how Kylo Ren was handled in the movies.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896  Edited By uninspiredcup

@sakaixx: That's interesting. Found most of the similarities to be with Rebels.

• Former Padawan in hiding
  • Plot revolves around a holocron
  • Chased by Sith Inquisitors
  • Old hermit turns out to be Sith (more or less)
  • Final Cere Junda (older former retired Jedi) confronts Vader to keep him from getting the holocron from Cal Kestis who's weak as shit

Of course, due to the nature of plot and the world operates stuff is bound to repeat.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#897 uninspiredcup

Yea.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898  Edited By Macutchi

just finished my second playthrough of tlou2 and it was so much better with the difficulty cranked up. was pretty harsh on it first time round. while a lot of what i didn't like is still there, it was definitely more tolerable this time. hold my hands up, i got it wrong, it's a good game. very very good in places.

if naughty dog could take some of those extended gameplay sections from ellie's day one and two in seattle, and harness that for a full game, dial that visceral gameplay right up, crank the difficulty, run with it, and dial the cinematics / interruptions right down, they'd have a hell of a game on their hands

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#899 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

Can someone ban the recluse guy? The guy has lost it.