System Wars Lounge V 84: May 2021 is looking great for games

Avatar image for lebanese_boy
lebanese_boy

16886

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#701 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 16886 Posts

@kazumakiryu21 said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Woah wait.. what in the actual f***?

Not that I had any positive opinion on IP to begin with but seriously if that's true the guy is really low.

Glad he's gone. He used a troll a user for his finacial problems also, not disclosing the victims name.

Well he definitely wasn't the only one doing this kind of shit. 🙄

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

13343

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#702 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 13343 Posts

@kazumakiryu21 said:
@SOedipus said:

So did archangel. Who starts shit with archangel? It was like watching the CCP guy and mrbojangles going at it.

Awww ... some crazy dude was trolling mrbojangles on OT, mods took care of it lol.

Oh he took care of it. Called that user out for his shit which was surprising and hilarious. I think it was in PG. And yeah, I think people get tired of ghosts threads. Might come across as spammy. But he doesn't attack users personally. He hasn't posted many threads as of late, which is a shame.

Avatar image for kazumakiryu21
KazumaKiryu21

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#703 KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:
@kazumakiryu21 said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Woah wait.. what in the actual f***?

Not that I had any positive opinion on IP to begin with but seriously if that's true the guy is really low.

Glad he's gone. He used a troll a user for his finacial problems also, not disclosing the victims name.

Well he definitely wasn't the only one doing this kind of shit. 🙄

Shame :(

Avatar image for kazumakiryu21
KazumaKiryu21

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#704  Edited By KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts
@SOedipus said:
@kazumakiryu21 said:
@SOedipus said:

So did archangel. Who starts shit with archangel? It was like watching the CCP guy and mrbojangles going at it.

Awww ... some crazy dude was trolling mrbojangles on OT, mods took care of it lol.

Oh he took care of it. Called that user out for his shit which was surprising and hilarious. I think it was in PG. And yeah, I think people get tired of ghosts threads. Might come across as spammy. But he doesn't attack users personally. He hasn't posted many threads as of late, which is a shame.

Ye, MrB is usually a laid back funny kind of guy.Was amused he called out the troll with same ferocity and shut him up for good. Thats why one should never mess with the good guys lol.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

45754

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#705  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45754 Posts

Been playing a bit of Last Blade 2 to brush up as to not be totally embarrassing. Really digging to repel ability. Couple of anime style fighters, melty blood and I think Guilty Gear? Has something similar, but the damage output in those games are far lower. In Last Blade 2 everything you use speed/power, desperation moves and repel have a huge risk/reward combined with slower, heavier gameplay.

The backgrounds are also something.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#706  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Those backgrounds look great.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

501

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#707 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

@kazumakiryu21: awww thank you :)

I used to take this crap really seriously and having a mental breakdown in my personal life would spill into here, it made any interaction uncomfortable and I can see why people hated me.

5 years away from here and getting my life on track certainly helped.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#708 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@iamdavey: That is great to hear. Welcome back.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

501

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#709 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

@Pedro: thank you very much good sir. :D

Avatar image for kazumakiryu21
KazumaKiryu21

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#710 KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts

@iamdavey said:

@kazumakiryu21: awww thank you :)

I used to take this crap really seriously and having a mental breakdown in my personal life would spill into here, it made any interaction uncomfortable and I can see why people hated me.

5 years away from here and getting my life on track certainly helped.

We all do mistakes , main thing is to learn from it and correct it. Glad to see you back :)

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#711 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts

Anyone into Grim Dawn? Thinking of giving it a whirl.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

16197

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#713 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16197 Posts

@wandering_halls: yeah it's really good. My only complaint is something about the way the story is delivered is just... low energy. It's typical affair for these types of games, but you don't get as cohesive a sense of "I matter; this matters". But the execution of the game is stellar and I much prefer it over the "mainstream" like Diablo 3 (which I've played a TON with friends so I definitely can judge despite being rather critical of it all the time)

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

47619

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#714 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 47619 Posts

MS just let me get the 1$ deal for three months on GP again 😁

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

45754

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#715 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45754 Posts

Pretty good GOG sale. Always nice to see old shit you weren't aware existed. Witchaven I & II, Betrayal at Krondor, Drakkhen etc..

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#716 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@wandering_halls: yeah it's really good. My only complaint is something about the way the story is delivered is just... low energy. It's typical affair for these types of games, but you don't get as cohesive a sense of "I matter; this matters". But the execution of the game is stellar and I much prefer it over the "mainstream" like Diablo 3 (which I've played a TON with friends so I definitely can judge despite being rather critical of it all the time)

I keep hearing it's better than Diablo 3, which I never played, so I can't compare. I just think the setting of GD looks awesome. Really digging the whole kinda Victorian/Gothic theme. I do wish, based on what I've seen, that you could craft a more personalized character, aesthetically speaking, a la Dark Souls. But that's a bit nit-picky I suppose.

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#717 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Pretty good GOG sale. Always nice to see old shit you weren't aware existed. Witchaven I & II, Betrayal at Krondor, Drakkhen etc..

78 pages of discounts. Gonna take me a freakin' week to scroll through all that.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#718 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

I did something bad. 😈

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

16197

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#719 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16197 Posts

@Pedro: did you buy a PS5 ;-)

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

16197

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#720 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16197 Posts

@wandering_halls: yeah - the customization of the BUILD though is phenomenal. There's a lot of room to grow whatever character you want, and to play the game again with a ton of other combos

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#721 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@Pedro: did you buy a PS5 ;-)

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

1112

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#722 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1112 Posts

Cheers Protoss. But he's Zeldabotw2 anyway

Avatar image for wonderwinner
WonderWinner

1112

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#723 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1112 Posts

Cheers Protoss. But he's Zeldabotw2 anyway

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

45754

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#724 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45754 Posts

@wandering_halls said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Pretty good GOG sale. Always nice to see old shit you weren't aware existed. Witchaven I & II, Betrayal at Krondor, Drakkhen etc..

78 pages of discounts. Gonna take me a freakin' week to scroll through all that.

Most of them get grouped in packs. Or are on sale at such a discount it becomes inconsequential.

Many are shared across Steam but rather give money to GOG as they (most of the time) make a concentrated effort to ensure "product works".

Valve, with their limited resources and wealth cannot possibly do that.

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#725 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts

@Pedro said:

I did something bad. 😈

Paid $70?

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#726 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts
@xantufrog said:

@wandering_halls: yeah - the customization of the BUILD though is phenomenal. There's a lot of room to grow whatever character you want, and to play the game again with a ton of other combos

I just looked at a little bit, but yeah, the build possibilities looked amazing. I'm on the fence about starting it right now because it definitely seems like the kind of game I could dump an absolutely appalling amount of hours into.

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#727 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@wandering_halls said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Pretty good GOG sale. Always nice to see old shit you weren't aware existed. Witchaven I & II, Betrayal at Krondor, Drakkhen etc..

78 pages of discounts. Gonna take me a freakin' week to scroll through all that.

Most of them get grouped in packs. Or are on sale at such a discount it becomes inconsequential.

Many are shared across Steam but rather give money to GOG as they (most of the time) make a concentrated effort to ensure "product works".

Valve, with their limited resources and wealth cannot possibly do that.

Playing old games on Steam is a very interesting experience, to say the least. GoG or bust for that department. Learned my lesson pretty quick after putting my PC together last year.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

46995

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#728 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 46995 Posts

Just pick up Darksiders 1,2,3 Collection for sale over at GoG paying $24 vs $99. Huge deal cause I love the Darksiders series.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

38397

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 14

#729 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 38397 Posts

@davillain- said:

Just pick up Darksiders 1,2,3 Collection for sale over at GoG paying $24 vs $99. Huge deal cause I love the Darksiders series.

No Genesis in there? That's the best Darksiders, I think.

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

47619

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#730 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 47619 Posts

So the yuffie DLC does cost 20 bucks for ps4 owners. Screw that! Probably short and dumb anyways.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#731 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@wandering_halls said:
@Pedro said:

I did something bad. 😈

Paid $70?

I said bad not something dumb. 😂

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#732 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:
@Pedro said:

I did something bad. 😈

Paid $70?

I said bad not something dumb. 😂

Well, I mean, you did pay $500 for a PS5, yeah?

Avatar image for kazumakiryu21
KazumaKiryu21

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#733  Edited By KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Pretty good GOG sale. Always nice to see old shit you weren't aware existed. Witchaven I & II, Betrayal at Krondor, Drakkhen etc..

Went to buy MGS 1 and 2 Substance, only 20% off :(

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

46995

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#734 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 46995 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@davillain- said:

Just pick up Darksiders 1,2,3 Collection for sale over at GoG paying $24 vs $99. Huge deal cause I love the Darksiders series.

No Genesis in there? That's the best Darksiders, I think.

Sadly no Genesis but you are right, Genesis is the best Darksiders game yet...but I still like Darksiders 3.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

45754

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#735 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45754 Posts

@kazumakiryu21: Poor port jobs. Console or emu.

Avatar image for kazumakiryu21
KazumaKiryu21

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#736 KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@kazumakiryu21: Poor port jobs. Console or emu.

Ahhh!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

45754

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#737 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45754 Posts

Surprised, never heard of this. Guess can't accuse it of being a ripoff when it was partially what Max Payne was emulating.

https://www.gog.com/game/stranglehold

Avatar image for kazumakiryu21
KazumaKiryu21

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#738 KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Surprised, never heard of this. Guess can't accuse it of being a ripoff when it was partially what Max Payne was emulating.

https://www.gog.com/game/stranglehold

Its quite good. John Woo's Hard Boiled style + Max Payne kind of action.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#739 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@wandering_halls said:

Well, I mean, you did pay $500 for a PS5, yeah?

Nope! I bought the $400 version and I got $175 credit for the PS4 Pro. So, $225.

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#740 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:

Well, I mean, you did pay $500 for a PS5, yeah?

Nope! I bought the $400 version and I got $175 credit for the PS4 Pro. So, $225.

Well, I mean, you did pay $225 for the PS5, yeah?

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
nintendoboy16

38397

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 14

#741 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 38397 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Surprised, never heard of this. Guess can't accuse it of being a ripoff when it was partially what Max Payne was emulating.

https://www.gog.com/game/stranglehold

Seriously? You haven't heard of it! That game is awesome! I got it on 360 for like $3 US.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

46995

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#742  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 46995 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Surprised, never heard of this. Guess can't accuse it of being a ripoff when it was partially what Max Payne was emulating.

https://www.gog.com/game/stranglehold

Seriously? You haven't heard of it! That game is awesome! I got it on 360 for like $3 US.

Indeed, Stranglehold was amazing on 360 and I also have it on GoG for a long time. John Woo was awesome before he went to Hollywood. I'm just surprised Cup never heard of it until now. Speaking of, I also still have Jet Le video game on PS2 that's pretty good as well.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

45754

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#743  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45754 Posts

Yea picked it up. Wonder if Ghost lad has played it.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#744 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@wandering_halls said:

Well, I mean, you did pay $225 for the PS5, yeah?

Yes! I guess you view the purchasing of a PS5 bad. 🤷‍♀️ Don't let the others hear that.

Avatar image for wandering_halls
wandering_halls

994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#745 wandering_halls
Member since 2021 • 994 Posts

@Pedro said:
@wandering_halls said:

Well, I mean, you did pay $225 for the PS5, yeah?

Yes! I guess you view the purchasing of a PS5 bad. 🤷‍♀️ Don't let the others hear that.

Not so much bad, but....kinda pointless (if you have a decent PC). Unless of course you can't live without R&C.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

51379

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#746 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@wandering_halls said:

Not so much bad, but....kinda pointless (if you have a decent PC). Unless of course you can't live without R&C.

I mainly get all the systems purely to be in the know. I can't be teaching game development and be exclusive to one hardware.

Speaking of hardware, I need to get the new Ipad Pro. 🤔

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

18003

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#747 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 18003 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yea picked it up. Wonder if Ghost lad has played it.

Played it. it could have been better instead of Max payne rip off.

beside its based on Hardboiled movie. and that movie was masterpiece.

Avatar image for kazumakiryu21
KazumaKiryu21

537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#748 KazumaKiryu21
Member since 2021 • 537 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yea picked it up. Wonder if Ghost lad has played it.

Played it. it could have been better instead of Max payne rip off.

beside its based on Hardboiled movie. and that movie was masterpiece.

You like John woo movies?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

45754

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#749 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 45754 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yea picked it up. Wonder if Ghost lad has played it.

Played it. it could have been better instead of Max payne rip off.

beside its based on Hardboiled movie. and that movie was masterpiece.

How many Max Payne inspired games do we have?

Besides, as mentioned, Hard-boiled is what influenced Max Payne. Technically John Woooooh did it first.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

18003

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#750 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 18003 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yea picked it up. Wonder if Ghost lad has played it.

Played it. it could have been better instead of Max payne rip off.

beside its based on Hardboiled movie. and that movie was masterpiece.

How many Max Payne inspired games do we have?

Besides, as mentioned, Hard-boiled is what influenced Max Payne. Technically John Woooooh did it first.

Sadly we dont. and we do need it.

stranglehold had poor gunplay otherwise it was good game.