Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

One of the few places where people are happy other platforms do not get to play their games. Can you imagine the riot if Halo was ported to Playstation or Uncharted to the Xbox? The reason to this day still escapes me.

Of course PC gamers aren't exactly innocent either but when PC gamers are unhappy a game is ported to consoles, it is generally because they believe the game will be gutted as a result and suffer in overall quality. A sentiment that isn't completely unjustified.

Why did Xbox gamers rage when Quantum Break got ported to PC I have no idea. The game didn't suffer in the slightest and was simply made available to a broader audience but for some strange reason, it upset a lot of Xbox supporters.

I can say I am genuinely happy when games like Pillars of Eternity or Diablo III make their way to consoles. More people get to enjoy them. The community becomes larger and more money is made so the developers can keep giving us more content.

Why do console gamers want to keep things exclusives? Beats me. I don't shill for big multinationals.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Okay

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I see you have never been on twitter.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Are you dense? This is how you play SW, you don't ACTUALLY are happy or even care about this, you just PRETEND you are.

It's a game and it's not meant to be taken seriously. I know I don't.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juub1990
@recloud said:

Are you dense? This is how you play SW, you don't ACTUALLY are happy or even care about this, you just PRETEND you are.

It's a game and it's not meant to be taken seriously. I know I don't.

I realize a few don't take it seriously but some dudes like Crapgamer are 100% serious about it. He isn't the only one.

@Ant_17 said:

I see you have never been on twitter.

Elaborate.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@Juub1990: I really feel sorry for those who take this seriously, I really just play it like I'm part of the cow faction, you know, like being in a clan? That's all this is to me.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Juub1990
@recloud said:

@Juub1990: I really feel sorry for those who take this seriously, I really just play it like I'm part of the cow faction, you know, like being in a clan? That's all this is to me.

Preach!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

I have no idea why a game getting ported from PC to console should be any big deal, as the game is going to be downgraded in many fashions. Like people hoping the next AoE comes to console. Most people are going to try to play that with a controller. That's going to be a hell of customizing job for that one.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Juub1990: You tweet about wanting Halo 6 to be exclusive to the Bone and you get 50k likes. Or the most recent, hating on SEGA for porting Yakuza 0 to PC.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Only thing I love about exclusives are they get the funding and support to be great, usually. They are also tailored to one specific set of hardware, which isn't as big of a deal now as it use to be. Certain games should stay on certain consoles, like Zelda/Mario on Nintendo, and Halo on Xbox. It would seem weird to play them anywhere else. Plus without those exclusives, why would people buy that console(aka Nintendo)? Going back to the system wars part, it's just like any thing in life... You like Apple over Samsung, or one sports team over another, or one political party vs the other. It's all just for fun. This forum would be boring if everyone got along lol.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Kettle meet pot

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand, I'm never going to get upset over a game being multiplatform since that's just immature.

However, I grew up during a time when every system had their own unique identity and unique library of games and I miss that as the systems just get more and more similar every generation. It's not that I don't want other gamers to play these games, it's just that I don't want all of the systems to feel so similar since I like having multiple systems each with their own unique identity.

What I really wish we would still see is how it was in the SNES/Genesis era where many of the multiplats would be very different on each platform. For example, SNES and Genesis owners both got to enjoy great Aladdin games but the Aladdin games were completely different on each platform, same thing for Castlevania and many other multiplats during that era. If things were still like that, I would be all for multiplats. but when the multiplats are nearly exactly the same on each platform like it is nowadays; that's just boring in my opinion and makes it harder for these systems to develop a unique identity.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I'm just, "whatever floats your boat" type of gamer and nothing more/less.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Juub1990: I think the real question is, why do we keep coming back, and even posting, when we know this is just a cesspool of fake personas who failed to make the high school debate team?

Myself, I get a temporary sense of satisfaction upon really wrecking someone on an internet forum. Plus, it distracts me from the voices in my head.

Plus, quite a few laughs from a certain robot who likes to post completely irrelevant charts.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

One of the few places where people are happy other platforms do not get to play their games. Can you imagine the riot if Halo was ported to Playstation or Uncharted to the Xbox? The reason to this day still escapes me.

Of course PC gamers aren't exactly innocent either but when PC gamers are unhappy a game is ported to consoles, it is generally because they believe the game will be gutted as a result and suffer in overall quality. A sentiment that isn't completely unjustified.

Why did Xbox gamers rage when Quantum Break got ported to PC I have no idea. The game didn't suffer in the slightest and was simply made available to a broader audience but for some strange reason, it upset a lot of Xbox supporters.

I can say I am genuinely happy when games like Pillars of Eternity or Diablo III make their way to consoles. More people get to enjoy them. The community becomes larger and more money is made so the developers can keep giving us more content.

Why do console gamers want to keep things exclusives? Beats me. I don't shill for big multinationals.

Idk, I guess to justify their console purchase?

That's why I think it's stupid the way everyone (especially Sony fannies and some in the media) go on & on about MS putting their games on PC too, and somehow that means XB1 "has no games/exclusives". It's a ridiculous mentality.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Remember cows throwing a fit when metal gear solid 5 wasn't going to be Sony exclusive.

That was mainly in you tube comments.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I'm not sure why I liked System Wars to begin with, and most mods hate coming to this place, but hey, has it been fun.

I know we are an odd bunch, because some of the things that happen here can only happen here.

Real life is much different than the game we play here.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

I am not a big fan of exclusives. Games should be accessible on any hardware that can run it if cost permits. Its a win for the developers and its a win for gamers. Some may argue that MS, Sony and Nintendo are in the business of selling consoles. That is true but their profits stems from selling of software. I don't care if Uncharted,Bloodborne, Gears, Mario, Halo and Zelda were playable on all three systems. This idea of console identity is nothing but juvenile nonsense. Its time for gaming to grow the hell up.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

If you think this only happens on here you're delusional as ****, you see it on /r/gaming, youtube comments on various youtubers/streamers/game trailers, IGN comment sections and hell even Steam forum discussions have it too.

I've been saying this since 2009, gamers are just becoming more cancerous by the day and the amount of hypocrite bullshit the spew off would make Hillary Clinton look like a nun.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

The Pee Seas are very Salty this time of year mah friends. lol :P

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Games being made exclusive ARE the reasons why they are of such high quality and stand above most other games in the same genre.

As for the reason why they stay exclusive, that's in interest of the company that funded to create them and gives a reason for more gamers to flock to that system WHICH...in turn motivates companies to MAKE MORE high quality exclusive games.

HERES YOU ANSWER....

MS decided to let their "exclusive" games go SIMI-multilplat...now you tell us all how those MS games hold up in quality compared to true platform exclusive games developed from Sony or Nintendo studios?

There is no incentive to create the absolute BEST game on the market if you don't have to worry about others buying your system for it.

There is a different motivation behind the drive to create a good game that sells well and an amazing game that sells...SYSTEMS.

THREAD/

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Juub1990
@tgob89 said:

Games being made exclusive ARE the reasons why they are of such high quality and stand above most other games in the same genre.

As for the reason why they stay exclusive, that's in interest of the company that funded to create them and gives a reason for more gamers to flock to that system WHICH...in turn motivates companies to MAKE MORE high quality exclusive games.

HERES YOU ANSWER....

MS decided to let their "exclusive" games go SIMI-multilplat...now you tell us all how those MS games hold up in quality compared to true platform exclusive games developed from Sony or Nintendo studios?

There is no incentive to create the absolute BEST game on the market if you don't have to worry about others buying your system for it.

THREAD/

Even before Microsoft started to have their games on PC the quality wasn't very high. Microsoft hasn't made a 90+ scoring game in what? 5-6 years? Way before PC was into the mix so that argument is moot.

Your post also doesn't even address the OP.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@Juub1990: without capitolism america wouldn't exist

Without some natural unfailrness you wouldn't be born

Gamers spend a decent amount of time living in fantasy

So i cant blame you other gamers for thinking this is soo possible and ideal

Nooo company would be where their at without some type of exclusive content.

Everything is balanced. Xbox screwing up lately just made all the fans with senseble argument skills leave.

Thats the only reason why this noo more exclusives cry is even being heard

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

It is a way for people that cannot afford to own/or do not have the time for all of the systems, to justify their purchase over the others. That is all.

I own all of the systems, so I am here only for the laughs.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@Juub1990 said:

HERES YOU ANSWER....

There is a different motivation behind the drive to create a good game that sells well and an amazing game that sells...SYSTEMS.

THREAD/

What about Halo 2?

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

The human race is cancer, gaming isnt some bastion of tolerance where our nature is curbed.

Besides, lems are entertaining.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

It isn't about what we want or dont want, it's about the bottom line for the devs, publishers, and investors. Gaming divisions like SONY, MS, and Nintendo wouldn't even exist if there weren't exclusives to drive console sales. The market would be nothing but the big blockbuster cookie cutters, and not a whole lot else other than shitty low tier indies... you know, kind of like PC games. Exclusives are what drives diversity and keeps the market and the big three developing games that force the hand of the others. However, some people just can't seem to understand that.

Without exclusives things would start to stagnate, and if the industry becomes stagnate the growth of said industry will die. A lot of people only want more, without thinking about where the products actually come from or the immense cost that development and advertising amounts to.

In some cases you can't have your cake and eat it too. You bite the hand that feeds you and eventually it stops feeding you... simple as that. Money drives the industry and this over the top sense of entitlement will eventually bring about a 2nd video game crash if people like you brainwash others with an overwhelming sense of entitlement. Expecting more and more while wanting to pay less and less while still demanding more and more is a recipe for disaster and a large reason why so many developers have closed their doors in recent years... they just can't keep up with demands and the costs.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Generalization

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Just the thought of TC being happy for other people is beyond absurd.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

As a PC gamer, I'm happy when consoles get ports for good games; it simply means that more people will be able to play said game. I was pissed about games like Kingdom Come, however. It was originally pitched as a PC only game, and then they pushed back the PC release date to coincide with the console release date after I already backed it. I still think the game may have suffered because of that, although I'm not 100% sure. Still, it's the thought that kind of pissed me off.

And, vice versa, I'm also extremely happy when PC gets ports of console games. The more games, the better. It's a plus for everyone.