TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22397 Posts

https://www.gamesradar.com/xboxs-phil-spencer-considers-ps5-and-nintendo-switch-players-part-of-the-xbox-community/

The hot story over at N4G right now is this article from Gamesradar highlighting Phil Spencer's latest chat to an audience in Japan where he stated that because Microsoft is now publishing more and more content for Nintendo and Sony platforms he considers those gamers part of the Xbox community!

Wow, that is mighty gracious to extend an olive branch of peace and unity.... Curious how system wars feels about being part of the Xbox community, whether on PC, swifch, playststion or Xbox itself!

Do we attach Lemming to everyone? Lemming Cow? Or Sheep Lemming? How do we do this? 🐮🐑😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43838 Posts

Uncle Phil da man!!! lolol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 68679 Posts

Damn, tough spot for some folks. All that work defending other platforms only to become part of the Xbox community 🙃

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34344 Posts

lol, k. And Nintendo has phone games, and everyone has phones, so everyone are part of the Nintendo community!

I don't play any Xbox or MS games. Haven't even bought Banjo in Smash. I also don't play any EA or Ubisoft games, so can't really consider myself part of those communities either.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3311 Posts

We're all family but Randy still has to eat with the dog. <3

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58006 Posts

Resistance is futile. We are the bor--I mean, Microsoft.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45709 Posts

Wow, I can't believe it. After all this defending and fanboyism I did for Phil Spencer, he goes around and does this.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@Litchie said:

lol, k. And Nintendo has phone games, and everyone has phones, so everyone are part of the Nintendo community!

I don't play any Xbox or MS games. Haven't even bought Banjo in Smash. I also don't play any EA or Ubisoft games, so can't really consider myself part of those communities either.

You are speaking the truth... The modern day brings more ways to get products into consumers hands... Perhaps it's time we look beyond the hardware differentiation and instead focus on getting more games to more people?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45709 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@Litchie said:

You are speaking the truth... The modern day brings more ways to get products into consumers hands... Perhaps it's time we look beyond the hardware differentiation and instead focus on getting more games to more people?

This is like The Joker appearing on Netflix eventhough it's owned by Warner Brothers and they have their own streaming platform (HBO I guess?)

It appears the focus has shifted and it's more about owning IP than it is about owning a platform?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#10 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41445 Posts

He's as much of an active participant in the console wars as anyone.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60646 Posts

Time to bring Casey back to clean up this misunderstanding.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11028 Posts

Sure, I'm playing every Xbox game at much better fidelity/performance than an XSX. so I consider myself a part of the family.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8754 Posts

@TheEroica: If you are playing XBox IP on your Nintendo or Sony device, you are part of the Xbox family...

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2292 Posts
@TheEroica said:
@Litchie said:

This "getting more games to more people" stuff isn't real though. It's PR fluff. We've seen Xbox open their library to more than 150 million new consumers. They don't have to buy any additional hardware to access the software. And Xbox has seen a meager 3% growth. Nintendo has seen more growth doing the exact opposite of what Xbox is doing. When are we going to accept that maybe people are going after the games they want already? Access isn't the barrier of entry people think it is. Neither is money. Its time. We only have so many hours in the day to play games. And folks are gonna choose the most compelling games to them. Regardless of where the games are or how they play them

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1068 Posts

If you are playing COD or Warzone on any device you're xbox family.

If you are playing Minecraft on any device you're xbox family.

If you have a PS only and hate xbox,and search the interweb looking for negative xbox news you're Adams family..ya F€%king Ghoul.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43838 Posts

We're all lemmings now... Charge!!! lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12656 Posts

Thank you Phil!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44452 Posts

Sony will be right behind them if they don't drive Destiny into the ground.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1030 Posts

This is great marketing from Xbox. Pisses fanboys off for sure, but great marketing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 43833 Posts

Good guy Phil bringing the world together. I approve. 👍 😎

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20080 Posts

Sounds like a person ready to go third party...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58311 Posts

At this point people are fighting over glorified PC's.

Very sad. Just buy a PC.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Kumbaya Phil! But I thought he couldn’t compete unless he spent $100 billion? Also, what happened to Amazon and Google being their primary competitors.

Per usual, nothing but hot diarrhea coming out of this loser’s mouth

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17728 Posts

Peace? I crap on your peace. There will be no peace here.

....wait cookies? Ok deal.

In saying that: I haven't bought an Xbox since the 360. I haven't bough a game from MS since.....err....with the new acquisitions.......er.....hmm. Though I do want Forza Motorsport when its a bit more fleshed out and probably will get starfield sometime next year. My PC also runs on Linux 99% of the time (i currently don't have windows installed but briefly had windows 11 on it for about an hour) and I shake my old man stick around (phrasing!) and tell them repeatedly that I don't want gamepass.

Sooo I'm probably really on the outskirts of the Xbox family. I'm family, technically, but I wont be getting anything in any wills and no one in the xbox family will come to my funeral...mainly because no one knows where I actually am :P.

In all seriousness though, really, when he says family, he means markets and platforms where Xbox can have a presence in some capacity.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44452 Posts

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GhostOfGolden
@uninspiredcup said:

Very sad. Just buy a PC.

Glorified PCs? You mean super gimped PCs. PCs wouldn’t claim these boxes

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17728 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Very sad. Just buy a PC.

Ah in fairness, in terms of gaming performance the consoles still offer pretty good value for money. At least over on my side of the atlantic: building a PC to a PS5 budget wont get you very far.

Though in terms of overall functionality: Yes very gimped indeed.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@ghostofgolden said:
@TheEroica said:
@Litchie said:

This "getting more games to more people" stuff isn't real though. It's PR fluff. We've seen Xbox open their library to more than 150 million new consumers. They don't have to buy any additional hardware to access the software. And Xbox has seen a meager 3% growth. Nintendo has seen more growth doing the exact opposite of what Xbox is doing. When are we going to accept that maybe people are going after the games they want already? Access isn't the barrier of entry people think it is. Neither is money. Its time. We only have so many hours in the day to play games. And folks are gonna choose the most compelling games to them. Regardless of where the games are or how they play them

I'm not sure I follow.... Microsoft has been pretty open that games under their control will always launch for the pc market at the same time. It's not PR, they are factually exposing many millions more to their catalog where if they were to abide by Sony and nintendos approach this would not be so.

Everyone has to buy something to play right? Pc.... Xbox...... Ps....... Switch...... I know for me I chose a SteamDeck as my gaming hardware of choice this generation (for now) because I have access to most games. I can play God of War and Spiderman and I can play Gears 5 or Sunset Overdrive etc.

I am focused on time as well.... I want a device that exposes me to the most content so I can make my time and money go further....

Were heading for service based gaming.... Companies competing for you to use their Ap to launch games from, but hardware should be unified at this point. I don't think Microsoft cares one bit if Xbox consoles get outsold by the competition. By design They have plenty of people playing their games and using their services on multiple devices.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58311 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Very sad. Just buy a PC.

PC gamers love to boast still, but this reality doesn't exist anymore. Perhaps in the 90s.

Now the majority of PC gamers have weaker hardware than PlayStation 5. Many opting to play what would be objectively called "casual games" designed with low specs in mind.

Users like Bassman live in the past hoping for the return of the glory days, but it's done and dusted.

If you want the best looking games, it is essentially Playstation as aside from technology these have the budget to facilitate blockbuster busters.

The downside is that these are in fact, barely games. Designed for Polygon reviewers to get through so they can write a blog about their feelings and the inclusiveness and how thematically it's actually about Donald Trump and le facism, or something. My feely weels.

Unironically real gamers in it for the gameplay are using the weakest of hardware, the Switch.

Overall gaming is a bust.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GhostOfGolden

@TheEroica: What I mean by PR is that Xbox knows where their actual reach is. They know the marketshare trends. They expanded their library to over a hundred million more consumers years ago and barely saw any growth at all. They have to keep coming out, and in interviews and articles and say these “we are reaching more gamers than ever,” things in an attempt to remind folks of the “consumer friendly” practices. Because to this point they’ve barely moved the needle.

We are gonna see Xbox putting Starfield on Steam as their biggest factor for growth in many years. That spits in the face of Game Pass and the Xbox app on PC. And it’s gonna get the attention of the bean counters as well.

And I disagree with the services based future. We are seeing the music and movie industries burn to the ground because of services. Take Spotify for example. If an artist gets 1 million streams, they make $4,000. And that’s before they gotta give producers, writers, engineers etc their cut. We are seeing artists sell their albums direct to consumer for $100 and being more successful that way than putting their music on dsp’s. We are seeing actors with royalty checks of $4.00 for a seasons worth of work on Netflix. Writers on successful shows qualifying for food stamps. These industries are falling apart from the inside. Video games have always trailed the other two industries. We are already seeing where the services are taking music and movies. Games are far more expensive to produce than either.

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Agent_Stroud
Member since 2020 • 486 Posts

Uh oh, I can definitely see this not going over particularly well with a certain group of diehard Sony fans, just sayin’. 😬

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GhostOfGolden

@uninspiredcup said:

The downside is that these are in fact, barely games. Designed for Polygon reviewers to get through so they can write a blog about their feelings and the inclusiveness and how thematically it's actually about Donald Trump and le facism, or something. My feely weels.

Unironically real gamers in it for the gameplay are using the weakest of hardware, the Switch.

Overall gaming is a bust.

I can’t disagree with what you said here.

But PC gaming has really made an impact on the younger gamers. I think Twitch/YouTube have a lot to do with that. My 9 year old wants nothing to do with the consoles because of the framerates. It seems nuts to me, but this kid acts like he needs 300+ fps. His circle of friends are all like that. Go to a Best Buy. Specifically one thats already renovated recently. (Removed the Blu-ray sections and redesigned the inside). The PC gaming section is bigger than all 3 consoles sections combined. They don’t do that unless the sales trends send them in that direction. I really feel like consoles are gonna be seen as Boomer gaming in the years to come.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 7957 Posts

Yeah, well it's no secret that when you're playing a title like Minecraft, you're participating in the Xbox ecosystem.. This line of logic is simply going to the extend to titles like Call of Duty, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, and more..

As far as Xbox, even before the ABK deal, Xbox's strategy to expand the brand has successfully seen them achieve more monthly-active-users than Playstation and comfortably generate more gaming revenue than Nintendo.. After ABK, Xbox is only going to see more users and paying customers than ever before..

For the Xbox business, that's good news.. For Xbox consumers, that's a lot more content that will be available in Game Pass.. Overall win/win..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@TheEroica said:

Were heading for service based gaming.... Companies competing for you to use their Ap to launch games from, but hardware should be unified at this point. I don't think Microsoft cares one bit if Xbox consoles get outsold by the competition. By design They have plenty of people playing their games and using their services on multiple devices.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12656 Posts

@randy_lahey said:

Also, what happened to Amazon and Google being their primary competitors.

He already put Stadia out of business. Does anyone use Luna?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:

Also, what happened to Amazon and Google being their primary competitors.

He already put Stadia out of business. Does anyone use Luna?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16495 Posts

@Litchie said:

do you use microsoft windows pc? or microsoft word, or microsoft teams? If so, welcome to xbox.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 927 Posts

SW is over because of low effort trolling and mindless copy/paste arguments.

As for Phil it sounds like he's saying that Xbox wins because it is supporting other platforms as a third party. This makes sense if they are leaning on services where the platform doesn't matter, just revenue streams.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34344 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@Litchie said:

do you use microsoft windows pc? or microsoft word, or microsoft teams? If so, welcome to xbox.

Yeah. You use feet? Welcome to Nike.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 830 Posts

Microsoft wants to be a first party and third party at the same time.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 5375 Posts

Phil just can't seem to nail down a simple message, wants his fingers in as many pies he can. It's his wishy washy messaging that hurts Xbox overall.

Phil should of been fired when he released his next gen Series consoles with ZERO first party games at release.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@last_lap said:

Phil just can't seem to nail down a simple message, wants his fingers in as many pies he can. It's his wishy washy messaging that hurts Xbox overall.

Phil should of been fired when he released his next gen Series consoles with ZERO first party games at release.

What confuses you about his message? Could be a translation issue for you new Xbox family members! 😂👪

But more seriously I don't see a wishy washy message. What kind of simple message are you looking for?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12051 Posts

Phil creating the best games and peace on earth.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:

What confuses you about his message? Could be a translation issue for you new Xbox family members! 😂👪

But more seriously I don't see a wishy washy message. What kind of simple message are you looking for?

Been with Xbox since day 1, i'm not part of the family, I am the family 🤣

But seriously, here's one interview where he gives wishy-washy comments about Xbox, that is hurting Xbox, and the guy has all given up on Xbox competing with Sony/Nintendo.

Watch from the 35min mark

Loading Video...

The guy should be fired if he can't/won't try to figure out a way to compete with the other two.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:

Been with Xbox since day 1, i'm not part of the family, I am the family 🤣

But seriously, here's one interview where he gives wishy-washy comments about Xbox, that is hurting Xbox, and the guy has all given up on Xbox competing with Sony/Nintendo.

Watch from the 35min mark

Loading Video...

The guy should be fired if he can't/won't try to figure out a way to compete with the other two.

But he doesn't think Xbox gaming should play by the rules of Sony and Nintendo. Microsoft is trying to forge a different means of gaming that forces Nintendo and Sony to play by their rules....

Why would any company, especially one that has more cash to work with, try and play by the strengths of its competitors? They are using their money and infrastructure to shift the landscape. We are in that split happening right now.

Now, in terms of game development... If you're an old school sp guy like myself you are definitely still concerned about whether they can output a consistent stream of high quality games that stay in favor with what Sony and Nintendo offer...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Last_Lap

@TheEroica: Did you watch the video from the 35min mark?

If you did you would have seen how wishy washy he was and that he can't nail down a simple message.

The funniest part is you say Phil/MS don't want to play by Sony & Nintendo's "rules" lol. If you make a product the idea is to sell that product, for gaming that is the software, it's not a rules set out by Sony & Nintendo, it's just how you business works.

Phil says (agsin if you watched that video) that great games don't sell hardware and won't boost Xbox sales. That's dumb, what isn't selling Xbox consoles is dumping your entire catalogue of games on PC the same day as Xbox.

Phil Spencer just doesn't want to or even know how to compete.

Unlike others here who favour Xbox, I think Phil should have been fired years ago, and they should have got someone in there who wants to compete.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16495 Posts

@last_lap: end of the day history is written by the winner. You can say whatever you like about uncle Phil right now. It's a free country, but he will be the one with the last laugh. And guess what, he acquired AB and Bethesda. Xbox mau numbers are higher than both ps5 and Nintendo.

Business is booming. Money isn't always the main measure of success. Not in the short term anyways, especially for a company like MS with such deep pockets. Xbox has never been stronger in its lifetime than it is now.

Again history is written by the winners not the losers. And Xbox are winners, uncle phil is a winner. You can keep staying butt hurt over that. Your dream of uncle Phil getting fired won't happen, probably ever. Especially since he got a nice promotion to president of the gaming division.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Last_Lap

@blaznwiipspman1: You say business is booming and then say money isn't the the main measure of success lol.

You claim I'm butthurt because I want Phil gone. No i want someone with drive/passion to compete with Sony & Nintendo rather than make up every excuse in the book as to why he can't compete.

You want to talk about winners, Phil is not a winner. He hasn't won anything and fell into his job because Mattrick done goofed that's a fact.

Xbox are winners hey, well tell me as an Xbox gamer (since the beggining) what exactly is Xbox winning at?

Last gen when Xbox was getting hammered pillar to post you were AWOL from this place. I was here defending Xbox (and shitting on them a little bit too) as a true Xbox consumer. So I don't want to hear from a fair-weather Xbox supporter claiming I'm butthurt ok.