System mascots

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jackdaniel594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jackdaniel594
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

What are your opinions on mascots for current consoles. The PlayStation hhad Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, back when Sony made them and they were good, and I think the Sony still has the coolest mascots, and the most suited. Nathan Drake from Uncharted and Cole McGrath from inFamous are perfect mascots, because people can relate to them. And if your not after mascots to relate to, theres Jak and Daxter or ratchet and Clank, and probably the best mascot, Sackboy. Xbox has Master Chief, who isn;t a very good mascot because hes a mutant space guy in a suit, and he doesn't look very original. Mario have proved a good mascot for Nintendo, but nobody relates to a short Italian plumber, unless of course you are one. Even then you dont chase a princess everywhere. So i think that Sony wins the mascot contest, with so many awesome character. What do you guys think of mascots??

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

i think the whole mascot thing stopped being relevent 10 years ago.

mutantleaguex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mutantleaguex
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts
You know Jaguar had a mascot right before it was released, right? I was one of the few to see him. It looked like the Cheetos mascot
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

What are your opinions on mascots for current consoles. The PlayStation hhad Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, back when Sony made them and they were good, and I think the Sony still has the coolest mascots, and the most suited. Nathan Drake from Uncharted and Cole McGrath from inFamous are perfect mascots, because people can relate to them. And if your not after mascots to relate to, theres Jak and Daxter or ratchet and Clank, and probably the best mascot, Sackboy. Xbox has Master Chief, who isn;t a very good mascot because hes a mutant space guy in a suit, and he doesn't look very original. Mario have proved a good mascot for Nintendo, but nobody relates to a short Italian plumber, unless of course you are one. Even then you dont chase a princess everywhere. So i think that Sony wins the mascot contest, with so many awesome character. What do you guys think of mascots??

jackdaniel594

Er, what?

Let's see... Sony has Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Nathan hale (an upstart), Nathan Drake (also an upstart), Cole (the infamous one... did you REALLY list him up there?), and Sackboy (an upstart, but intruiging nonetheless).

Nintendo, on the other hand, have Mario (a character more recognisable than Mickey Mouse!!!), Link (the template for all your heroes in fantasy games today), Samus Aran (the coolest and hottest chick in a video game, ever), Pikachu (the most recognised fictional character the worldover, as per a recent poll, will post link when I find it), Fox McCloud (the template for Ratchet, just in case you didn't know) and the Miis (which played an integral role in elevating the Wii to its current status)... you really think it's a contest?

Fanboys. Pfft.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Sony doesn't believe in Mascots, but they do have Sackboy to Gran Turismo to Killzone 2 to Uncharted to Jak to Ratchet to Infamous to Resistance to God Of War and more if they were into that.

They are more broad though.

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

Being a character that is exclusive to a game on a certain system doesn't make them a mascot. Say your school has a bulldog mascot, are the students who go to that school also mascots just because they only attend that school? No.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Being a character that is exclusive to a game on a certain system doesn't make them a mascot. Say your school has a bulldog mascot, are the students who go to that school also mascots just because they only attend that school? No.

Sweet_Genocide

Depends.

At my school, our school mascot is "The Mascot", so all of us kids are called Mascots.

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

That's only because most of the people on your schoolboard are weekend alcoholics. But seriously, this whole thread is just wrong. Kind of like that guys school.

Dion4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dion4ever
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts

Nathan Drake from Uncharted and Cole McGrath from inFamous are perfect mascots, because people can relate to them.

jackdaniel594

Mascots should be something that are unusual and original. Such can not be said for Nathan Drake or Cole McGrath, although they are good characters.

Xbox has Master Chief, who isn;t a very good mascot because hes a mutant space guy in a suit, and he doesn't look very original. Mario have proved a good mascot for Nintendo, but nobody relates to a short Italian plumber, unless of course you are one. Even then you dont chase a princess everywhere.

jackdaniel594

Halo made Xbox a success and Master Chief is the main character in Halo, enough said. Mario is an awesome character and probably the most identical video game character around, he's a great mascot for Nintendo.

My opinion on the mascots (in terms of the gaming divisions of the companies) are:

Sony: Ratchet & Clank (with 3 installments on the PlayStation 3 by the end of this year, I don't think there's any argument. Of course, this is just my opinion, though).

Microsoft: Master Chief

Nintendo: Mario

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#10 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

A masco in my opinion is that the developer can put them in other types of games like Mario for example racing and RPG games thats a mascot.

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

Sony doesn't believe in Mascots, but they do have Sackboy to Gran Turismo to Killzone 2 to Uncharted to Jak to Ratchet to Infamous to Resistance to God Of War and more if they were into that.

They are more broad though.

SolidTy

this post wins the thread :)