NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Swords Of Legends also go by other names such as Legend Of The Ancient Sword, GuJian and Gu Jian Qi Tan. Anyway Gujian is PC RPG series from China while the first two games have very low production values and are very glitchy. Gujian 1 plays very much like a turn based JRPG while Gujian 2 plays more like Dragon Age 2 with more action combat. Gujian 1 is the first ever Chinese game with main characters to have complete voice acting dialogue. Gujian 1 was adapted into a TV series in China which became a huge hit and now Gujian 2 is getting a film adaption. The franchise is now being invested in more with an MMO spinoff that was at E3 last year and a standalone sequel to Gujian 2 with a mucher bigger budget thanks to the TV series success and growing standalone PC market in China.

Here is an in-engine cinematic trailer of Swords Of Legends 3, we have yet to see any gameplay footage so far.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Another rad looking single-player game from China. PC gaming is on another level.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Is it confirmed for a western release with, at least, an English voice over?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Is it confirmed for a western release with, at least, an English voice over?

As far as I know the publishers/co developers of this game Wangyuan Shengtang had said their singleplayer games would get English versions in the future at E3 last year. Faith Of Danschant is their other recent title that is going to get an English release. Apparently there was a playable demo of Gujian 3 at E3 but no footage of it was leaked or officially uploaded.

@vaeh said:

Another rad looking single-player game from China. PC gaming is on another level.

I hope the trend for singleplayer and buy to play games continues. Chinese history and mythology has very interesting lore and singleplayer games are more than welcome on PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

I may have missed something but where is the gameplay?

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@Pedro said:

I may have missed something but where is the gameplay?

@NoodleFighter said:

Here is an in-engine cinematic trailer of Swords Of Legends 3, we have yet to see any gameplay footage so far.