Switch's highest rated games are both Wii U ports...

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45052 Posts

that are damn awesome, don't get me wrong. But when do you think we'll actually get some games that were made for Switch from the ground up? Super Mario Odyssey looks great, but that is just one game. Hopefully the made for Switch games will be coming up soon. Considering most people here used to criticize PS4 and Vita for having ports and remasters :p

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

There are tons of exclusives announced, what are you talking about?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Arms and Splatoon are due soon. So you don't have to wait long.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45052 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: @ArchoNils2: both fair points, but as Switch owners, when do you feel like the Switch will have settled in with its own library? Right now I only see a handful of games, while most games for the system are ports or enhanced versions of older games

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

xenoblade 2 and mario odyssey

*drops mic*

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46182 Posts

Yup, the situation is quite bad at the moment.

Especially when I realise that I can buy these games on WiiU for around 40-50 euro but on switch they suddenly charge 70 euro for them (plus the price of the console). It's way too expensive to play some WiiU games on the go :/

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@SolidGame_basic: I mean the Wii U certainly didn't feel "worth it" until Bayonetta 2 showed up.

By then we had games like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors, and some worth while 3rd party games like Assassin's Creed 3&4, Rayman Legends, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Resident Evil Revelations and Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

and that was 2014. about 2 years or so after the Wii U launched.

The Switch is only 2 months old. The PS4 didn't even have as much as the Switch does now in it's first two months.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34558 Posts

Isn't this what ALL new consoles are going through? Which console have released with lots of games from the start? Pretty sure that would be none. Why are people bringing out the Switch so much on this? Xbox One, for example, has been out for long and still has a crappy library. I'm not very worried about the Switch, myself..

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

@Litchie said:

Isn't this what ALL new consoles are going through? Which console have released with lots of games from the start? Pretty sure that would be none. Why are people bringing out the Switch so much on this? Xbox One, for example, has been out for long and still has a crappy library. I'm not very worried about the Switch, myself..

That is because unlike TC, you seem blind to it's failings as a shit system. To call the Xbox One's library "crappy" especially when compared to the Playstation 4 or Switch is a joke.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

I think that we will have a better idea post-E3. There are a lot of holes in the schedule between Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey that need to be filled in. That said, I strongly suspect one of those holes will be filled by Smash Bros. port.

I got my Switch at launch with Zelda and 1-2 Switch, and it seemed like forever that those were my only two games. I bought The Binding of Isaac just to have something new to play. Now, suddenly I have two new games on the shelf - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Puyo Puzo Tetris.

It's always like this with a new console. I remember with the Wii waiting forever for Super Paper Mario - it was only a few weeks - once bored with Wii Sports and finished with Twilight Princess. And both TP and SPM were originally announced for GameCube, even if the latter never got a release on that system, I remember Super Mario Galaxy being the first game that really felt like a Wii game.

I think what we are going to get next are some games that started development for the Wii U and were converted to Switch, only this time they won't release on the former. Then we will get the pure Switch games from Holiday 2017 on. That just seems to be the console cycle.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

Yes but they are incredible games, deluxe especially is much better than 8 on Wii U and was well worth paying for despite having 8 and I can take them on the go as well

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

@com2006 said:

Yes but they are incredible games, deluxe especially is much better than 8 on Wii U and was well worth paying for despite having 8 and I can take them on the go as well

Wasn't the whole critique of the PSP and Vita that you were playing console ports on the go. When did this become a selling point for a handheld system?

Furthermore I thought the Switch was not competing with Xbox One or PS4 so its immune to any comparison to the two. If that is the case than Xbox One is not competing with computers so stop comparing the two.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, ARMs, Splatoon2?...if they all come within this year..that's already a great year...not to mention other JPN games that's already been announce for it. :P

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I think Nintendo had BotW in mind fairly early on for the Switch first and foremost, hence all the "delays" (despite their PR saying it was a Wii U game). Considering its frame rate performance for both Wii U and Switch (and it runs better on Switch), it could be argued that the Wii U version is a port of the Switch version, rather than the other way around.

Regardless, there is also Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 all coming this year.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts

@trugs26: according to nintendos GDC presentation it looked like they had about a year to get the game ready for the switch. BOTW was in the oven for a long long time at that stage. so it very much is a wiiu port to the switch.

but yeah the exclusive switch games are coming. xenoblade 2 (cant wait for that) and odyssey. arms is fairly soon too. there should be more at E3 also (seriously a new monster hunter and pokemon for it would be brilliant).

its not unusual for a new console to share games with older consoles at or close to launch and for a couple of years after launch. hell even recently one of the highest rated PS4 games (persona 5) is a PS3 port. it didnt even have any major upgrades from the PS3 version (faster loading and a higher res. thats about it).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Yep, ditto for online play.

Did you know, that if you wanted to play Mario Kart 8 Online with friends, on the switch, like say in a lobby or some shit. You can invite 1 friend (because **** you if you have multiple friends), and then your other friends don't get a lobby option, but can join your match in progress.

Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU had a party up and lobby system.

#ChazsBoys

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Would you look at that,top 3 PS4 games are PS3 games

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Why worry about the library so soon from release?

You can't even find the dang console to play a game on anyway.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

I do not see any problems on that knowing that more potential high-scoring exclusives are coming soon this year for the Switch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

that are damn awesome, don't get me wrong. But when do you think we'll actually get some games that were made for Switch from the ground up? Super Mario Odyssey looks great, but that is just one game. Hopefully the made for Switch games will be coming up soon. Considering most people here used to criticize PS4 and Vita for having ports and remasters :p

Snipperclips

/thread

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#22 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Im not sure I would count Zelda as a wii u game completely. The switch version is the default version at this point, its more like a switch game you can get on wii u.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sHaDyCuBe321

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@SolidGame_basic:

The Switch is only 2 months old. The PS4 didn't even have as much as the Switch does now in it's first two months.

Top exclusives during PS4's first two months:

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sHaDyCuBe321

@KBFloYd said:
@MonsieurX said:

Thread crumbles.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

What I find hysterical about this is that if some system warriors had their way, a generationless/exclusiveless future, everything would just be a port essentially.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44537 Posts

I think it would be a waste not to port some of the Wii U titles to the Swith for those that might have never had a Wii U. Though, I wish among the carry-over they included Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27  Edited By Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

So far the Switch isn't very interesting. The only game I find interesting is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Snipper clips. Everything else that coming out this year is pretty meh to me.

Zelda is boring, huge world, but so empty, the dongeon are meaningless, what made Zelda a Zelda game is pretty much gone in this game. I find Horizon Zero Dawn much much much better.

Splatoon 2, well ... I played the first one during the stress test a month before ... during those time, it was fun for a time but the second stress test felt very boring and once the game lunched it was the same. It felt boring to me. So I doubt Splatoon 2 will be worth it to me.

Mario Odyssey looks wierd as **** to me. A goofy cartoon Mario caracter in a very realistic world. It feel so off. He doesn't belong there. It reminds me of the crappy licenses SNES game : Mario is missing ... or the equally bad Mario's Time Machine... or some Sonic 3d games with realistic cities and peoples ... We'll see but still.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

The better question OP is why you're makin this topic when the switch has only been on the market 57 days?

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

i never understood the negative attitudes toward ports. a port of a good game is still a good game. yeah, publisher/devs get greedy and charge big money for late ports but it's your responsibility to asses their value and make purchases accordingly.

not to mention swtich's first year line up looks pretty amazing with mario, splatoon, xenoblade 2 and still-unannounced games on the way.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

No one cares, and neither should you because the WiiU is dead, and the ports are superior on the Switch.

Realistically speaking here, if you want to play these two games and you've never touched them before, you're going to get a Switch. Either that, or buy a dead console that has the inferior versions of these ports. So yeah, i don't really see this as an issue. If they were straight ports, yeah, i guess. But they're not. They offer improvements exclusive to the Switch.

If you're one of the people that have/are played/playing them on the WiiU, enjoy.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#31 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

A lot of PS4's highest rated games are ports and it took three years to have more than a small handful of games worth playing on it. So I fail to understand the point of this thread other than the usual fanboy BS

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Persona 5 is also on last gen systems, btw, and the PS4 has been out for three and a half years now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#33 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

The system isn't appealing enough to drop the money they're asking for.

Yea, Zelda apparently good. Well done. Not £300 good.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
@KBFloYd said:
@MonsieurX said:

^This.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:

That is because unlike TC, you seem blind to it's failings as a shit system. To call the Xbox One's library "crappy" especially when compared to the Playstation 4 or Switch is a joke.

The Xbox One's lineup is crappy in relation to the PS4 though

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

The one and only criticism I have on this at this early stage (although the switch library is indeed severely underwhelming) is that Zelda was supposed to be the game wii u owners were getting.

A lot of wii u owners bought the console in anticipation of getting this game, and it's cross gen. They had you wait for years, brought it out on both the wii u and the switch (hence meaning you didn't strictly speaking need a wii u) and essentially, they treated their fans with some shame. No one holds them responsible. This zelda should have been out years ago, but they saw so little value in the wii u they dragged it out and waited until they had a new console out, and if you have both, like I say, you don't need two copies. And the same can now be said for mario kart. If the definitive version is on Switch, with all the DLC (that Nintendo was too great a company to ever release, until they did) what was the point of owning a wii u?

The most lacklustre major console of all time. There have been major flops, but as main consoles go, this takes the cake.

And what happened to that zelda tech demo everyone was excited about? I know it wasn't a main game, but it was totally dishonest. To this day no wii u game ever looked nearly that good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DocSanchez: Wii U is indeed the worst console I have ever owned. Brilliant library of some gems, though, I hope they are all brought over to the Switch eventually.

As for the Zelda tech demo- ehhhh, I mean, yes, it did look beautiful. But I mean, it was a highly controlled, uninteractive vertical slice. I'd take Breath of the Wild over that any day.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@charizard1605: Breath of the Wild looks like the zelda I said they should have been making. Multiple towns, open world. I don't know if its good yet, but I can't knock them.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Even if the Switch only has 2 games I want to play, that's still 2 more than xbox has!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DocSanchez said:

@charizard1605: Breath of the Wild looks like the zelda I said they should have been making. Multiple towns, open world. I don't know if its good yet, but I can't knock them.

It's brilliant, ambitious, and really good. You'd like it, whenever you do play it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@metalslimenite said:

Two of PS4's highest rated games are PS3 ports: The Last of Us and Persona 5.

And GTA5

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

The Switch is environment friendly for its the system for recycled games.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Pedro said:

The Switch is environment friendly for its the system for recycled games.

Keep using the recycling pun, eventually someone will find it funny.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#46 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@Litchie said:

The Wii U had the largest line up of any US launch. The least the Switch could have done was release with a fourth of that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@JustPlainLucas said:
@Litchie said:

The Wii U had the largest line up of any US launch. The least the Switch could have done was release with a fourth of that.

I would trade all Wii U launch games cumulatively for Breath of the Wild

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LegatoSkyheart

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Top exclusives during PS4's first two months:

Killzone Shadow Fall

Knack

Yeah, but what else was there? I wasn't talking just exclusives.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

People in here are trying WAY too hard to bash the ultra successful Switch. It is fun to see the salt is somewhat unreal.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#50  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@Litchie said:

I would trade all Wii U launch games cumulatively for Breath of the Wild

But there's no need to, because you could already get it for Wii U.