Switch or PS4 - which was system of the year for 2017?

• 128 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Switch or PS4 - which was system of the year for 2017? (107 votes)

Switch 56%
PS4 44%

You know.. I gotta say, I enjoyed my PS4 quite a bit, but the Switch is the system I remember the most from 2017. Breath of the Wild was the best Zelda game in like 20 years, and one of the best overall. I also got to play Mario Odyssey and the surprisingly good Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I also played Sonic Mania on my Switch and enjoyed other games like Puyo Puyo Tetris and Thumper on it as well. The PS4 did bring me good memories as well, but the Switch takes the cake for me. It will be hard for Switch to win 2018 though. The PS4 will have God of War, Spider Man, maybe Last of Us 2, Ni No Kuni 2, and a whole lot more. Not sure what's cooking for Nintendo at this point.

What's your choice, SW?

• 
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@UssjTrunks: yeah I’m sure pretty Nioh, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn+ Frozen Wild, Nier Automata, Crash Bandicoot, WipEout and Gran Turismo Sport are all up there for quality.

Don’t see the point of your comment.

Nioh and Nier Automata aren't Sony exclusives...

And the others don't even approach the quality of BOTW and SMO.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@metalboi said:
@AzatiS said:
@metalboi said:
@AzatiS said:

And you should learn some facts , go check the lists of 2017 for both PC and PS4, take out Botw/Mario from Switch list and try again to prove me wrong.

Skyrim and rocket league ... Jesus, we playing these games for years now already and you mentioning them like they are relevant in 2017/2018 then when a cow or a hermit comes up with tens of similar games youll say " man, Botw is the best " or " but but Mario " haha. Come on now. Lets be honest .... Switch library without Mario and Zelda for 2017 ... pff

What list? Stop moving goal posts, stop talking out of your ass about games you have not played, stop assuming your preferences are everybody else's, and stop saying things are "facts" when they clearly are not.

Normal people only talk about and discuss things they are familiar with, and have experience in the matter. You just fanboy it up and live in a delusional world all by yourself.

Yes, let's be honest and admit you never bring actual facts to the table, generally don't have experience about games and systems you dismiss, and resort to accusing people of "crying" because you have nothing useful or intelligent to say.

FFS get a new shtick already, or better yet, go and actually play some of the games you talk about. It can do nothing but improve your reputation around here.

What ? Talking out of my ass? So you smartass you saying you have played all Switch games and so you can have an opinion ? No you havent, period. Stop this hypocrisy sheephead. Some of you acting like youve played every single game on every single platform so you can say your opinion when we all know you havent, noone has. Noon ever will. So what, we cant talk now if we havent played the top 50 games of each platform ? Rofl, what kind of logic is this !

Now do me a favor, come here with PS4/PC and Switch lists of top 30 games in 2017, take out Botw/Mario and lets compare. Im waiting. We will see whos the hypocrite, the fanboy and who will cry out loud. Nah, we both know you wont do that.

Improve my reputation .. to whom exactly ? You or the other sheep around ? Rofl! Damn, for some people to be in System wars and care about reputation ! Epic statements.

Since you are labeling me as a sheep, let's see your PSN ID and how many trophies you have. If you do not provide this information, I'll flat out ignore you from now on. I'd bet the farm it's nowhere near my trophy count, since I'm such a sheep. I'm very curios to see just how much you actually play on Playstation consoles.

Put up, or shut up.

Come with your lists to show me your reputation.

Ive played almost all PS4 games i wanted to play already thru renting since when iwas about to buy a PS4, Pro rumors surfaced the rest is history. I debated with Tormentos about PRO. So what ? I cant have an opinion because im renting and not owning now ?

Like i do with Nintendo consoles/games since N64 era. Ive played so many Nintendo games that maybe i was playing them even before you were a gamer.

Now cry me a river again because you trying hard ( since you know i aint own a PS4 myself and trying to use this fact against me ) is not working.

Now come with the lists for top 50 games for each platform and lets compare , waiting. Stop avoiding the original argument with personal craps

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:

PS4 had three times the amount of exclusives but Mario odyssey is the best game I’ve played in awhile

Quality > Quantity

Quality is subjective, quantity isnt

No it's not. That's why we have aggregate sites like Metacritic and GR. Games that score well on those sites are objectively good.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AzatiS

@metalboi said:

@AzatiS: Where's your PSN ID? You afraid to post it? What are you hiding? Last chance to come clean.

Wait... you don't own a PS4, yet you're constantly shilling for it? LOL!

Still, you don't need a PS4 to show an ID if you only have a PS3, that'll do.

What do you mean constantly shilling. My last PS console was PS2, so what ? Who told you i had a PS3 ? hahaha ! /facepalm

You dummy, you think im a cow ? Hahaha !

Why the hell to buy back then a PS3 at 650 euros pricetage ( more than 800$ at the time ) without a game when i could rent it with the game of my choice for 5e per day the first year and 4e from its second year in the market ? I could finish the game i wanted with 8 to 10e euros max for a weekend or something.

How you think ive played Nintendo games before, specially N64 and GC ones ? I bought the systems ? Like i would !

Will you come with the lists or youll keep avoiding the original argument to make it personal ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AzatiS

@metalboi said:
@AzatiS said:
@metalboi said:

@AzatiS: Where's your PSN ID? You afraid to post it? What are you hiding? Last chance to come clean.

Wait... you don't own a PS4, yet you're constantly shilling for it? LOL!

Still, you don't need a PS4 to show an ID if you only have a PS3, that'll do.

What do you mean constantly shilling. My last PS console was PS2, so what ? Who told you i had a PS3 ? hahaha !

You dummy, you think im a cow ? Hahaha !

EXPOSED!

What do you mean ? Also read again the post. How am i exposed ?

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@AzatiS: sometimes when you write, it makes my head hurt. Like I literally cannot understand the point you’re trying to make. It’s just gibberish.

Also, given this gem:

“Library of Switch is decent at best with few good games, very few, if you take out Botw and Mario. Thats a fact.”

I think you need to learn what a fact is.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AzatiS

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@AzatiS: sometimes when you write, it makes my head hurt. Like I literally cannot understand the point you’re trying to make.

Also, given this gem:

“Library of Switch is decent at best with few good games, very few, if you take out Botw and Mario. Thats a fact.”

I think you need to learn what a fact is.

Ok, now you acting like you didnt understand my point or something ?

Let me repeat then. If you take out Botw/Mario, Switchs library = decent at best. You can disagree, its fine. I dont understand all the fuss when i disagree with you sheepheads.

You said "to say the Switch did well because of two games is false". Nuff said.

Then you tried to compare GT sport with Arms because of scores when we all know whats the difference there.

For example one of my best games for 2017 was Cuphead by far. I prefer that than GT sport or any sport. I wont say though Cuphead is better or equal to GT sport. What the hell...

GT sport scored poorly because of lack of content compared to other racing titles. Similar to Street Fighter 5. Those scores dont mean that games suck or are mediocre like ARMS was. I wouldnt even think to compare Cuphead with SF5 for example just because Cuphead scored way more ... come on now.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@AzatiS: you do realize one of the major reasons ARMS was docked by various outlets is because there were few play options which Nintendo has addressed with DLC.

Also you may not want to admit it, but GT Sport was trash. And you won’t say it but I will, dollar for dollar Cuphead was infinitely better than GTS.

I’ll repeat so you understand it. The Switch has WAY more than 2 games this year. Those games all helped to make the system successful. This is EASILY proven by their sales. Actual factual numbers. The two outstanding titles are just so good that they suck the air out of the room. They stood head and shoulders above every other game on not only the Switch, but every gaming platform. Of course this is all my OPINION something that you confuse often with facts.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@rrjim1 said:

None of the above.

@SecretPolice said:

Mighty X1X MonsterBox by a light-year or three ..... Stop making crap threads. Try just posting in other threads for a month or decade... Mmmk.

I agree his threads are, well just...

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Switch! :D

pop2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By pop2
Member since 2017 • 14 Posts

Switch Was Gold In 2017 , But You Have To Know That Xeno 2 Sales Wan Not Successful Even In Japan (Sales Are Around 200 k) While Mario kart , Odyssey And Splatoon 2 Sales Are Ove 1.2 Million In Japan . So If Someone Is Trying To Say That Xeno 2 , Pokkén Tournament X Or Disgaea 5 Are System sellers , That Someone Is Wrong

System Sellers Were And Are Zelda Botw , Mario Odyssey , Mario Kart 8D , Splatton 2 And Mario + Rabbids . That's Nintendo Famous For ( Less games With Ultra Perfect Quality In Compare To Sony And Microsoft .)

Those Titles Were So Successful in 2017 And All Released In A Year .

( FIRST YEAR SCALE ) That's Make Switch Fastest Selling Console In Japan And America Without GIANT Third Party Games.

Those GIANT Third Party Games Will Be Release For Switch In 2018 Anyway (If Nintendo Want To ).

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#65 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

I think that 2017 will be the year that two complementary systems asserted both their dominance at what they do individually and their collective domination of the marketplace.

What PS4 does best, Switch can't do. What Switch does best, PS4 can't do. The market is healthier because of what both do best, with Switch filling a big void this year and PS4 taking full control of their part of the market.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#66  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:

PS4 had three times the amount of exclusives but Mario odyssey is the best game I’ve played in awhile

Quality > Quantity

No it's not. That's why we have aggregate sites like Metacritic and GR. Games that score well on those sites are objectively good.

Lol, no they're not. Those scores are still opinions. Do you even think for yourself or do you need some arbitrary numbers to make your own conclusions?

Learn the definition of "objective". Just because game X scored higher than game Y doesnt mean its better. I played several 6/10 games that I enjoyed more than some 9/10 games (case in mind The Order 1886 vs Dragon Age Inquisition) thus they were better to me, thus subjective. Simple concept to understand, really but... I guess not. you're a tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Also you may not want to admit it, but GT Sport was trash.

Have you played it? Prove it cause I actualy think you didnt

GT Sport was minimaly slamed for the lack of content (at release, something that has been also constantly fixed through DLC) but every major outlet pointed to the fact that GTS gameplay was superb, thus the good (not great) scores. The game wasnt trash, just like SFV wasnt trash, it just lacked content

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Anyone who doesn’t vote PS4 is a Nintendo fanboy.

PS4 easily won. It had quality and quantity.

Switch was a failure with Wii u ports.

Mario Kart 8 Port

Zelda Port

Splatoon 2 which is a Port

Bunch of indie games available on PS4

No third party support

The couple 3rd party games it did have are available and superior on PS4

Mario Odyssey is the only original game released last year.

You have to fanboy really hard to believe Switch had better games last year. It didn’t.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AzatiS

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@AzatiS: you do realize one of the major reasons ARMS was docked by various outlets is because there were few play options which Nintendo has addressed with DLC.

Also you may not want to admit it, but GT Sport was trash. And you won’t say it but I will, dollar for dollar Cuphead was infinitely better than GTS.

I’ll repeat so you understand it. The Switch has WAY more than 2 games this year. Those games all helped to make the system successful. This is EASILY proven by their sales. Actual factual numbers. The two outstanding titles are just so good that they suck the air out of the room. They stood head and shoulders above every other game on not only the Switch, but every gaming platform. Of course this is all my OPINION something that you confuse often with facts.

First of all, im not against your general logic and your opinion. You have valid points in general.

But ARMS speaking, it cant stand next to BOTW or Mario. Lets agree on that. Either as a system seller or as a game. Its a point i made so we move on and thats because Zelda and Mario moving Switch sales, hype and all that that leads to ARMS sales. I dont know many people that bought Switch for ARMS. Actually i know none but i wont go that far to say none, ill say very few.

GT sport is great imho. It slapped, well deserved, for lack of content and cars etc though it was clear from the start what developers had in mind. To provide a GT game into a more competitive online environment. That backfired score wise, and its fine. Same happened with Street Fighter 5. Does this means GT is crap or SF5 ? I dont think so, in fact GT sport is one of the best, if not the best, driving simulator out there and SF5 one of the best, if not the best fighter out there. That was my point all along.

For my taste, i agree with you. Cuphead > GT sport. But i wouldnt try to compare a game like Cuphead that despite being amazing to me, is a very low budget game, it has limited content ( finished it in few hours ), no too much of replay value, not online modes or extra content. I mean i cant just put it next to GT sport or Zelda or Mario just because i love the game or because its score was great. So i think the same for games like ARMS. Cant stand next to these monster of titles that for many are the best games around under their respective genres just because of a score or something.

Now about Switch having games .. if we take aside all the games that are already out there for years and the games that underperformed like Splatoon 2 or Arms ( Im not the one saying this, sheep themselves saying it ). Then upon that we take out Mario and Zelda ! What is left for Switch games wise that is great and can stand next to the best games for 2017 ? Thats how i see it. My opinion and why i disagreed with you in the first place.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Switch, hands down.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

They both had a very good year. The Switch had a better year though.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Cows are really mad at people who prefer the Swtich. Too bad, they're missing out on some great shit due to being a fanboy.

I would take botw and mario over any ps4 game this year, with horizon being the only game coming close.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

PS4 gave me Nioh

Switch gave me BOTW

X1 gave me halo wars 2, Cuphead and the X which then made playing Ghost recon wildlands, AC Origins*, HW2, Halo 5, Gears 4 among others instantly awesome to play with other human beings again.

Then came PUBG and a new addiction. Yeah Xbox One for me. Thank you Microsoft and God bless the United States

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

PS4 for me - Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Persona 5, Sonic Mania (double dipped because of the PC ver. delay), Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, plus I played Bloodborne and Gravity Rush Remastered last year too.

Switch doesn't have anything that I'm interested in atm.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:

Quality > Quantity

Lol, no they're not. Those scores are still opinions. Do you even think for yourself or do you need some arbitrary numbers to make your own conclusions?

Learn the definition of "objective". Just because game X scored higher than game Y doesnt mean its better. I played several 6/10 games that I enjoyed more than some 9/10 games (case in mind The Order 1886 vs Dragon Age Inquisition) thus they were better to me, thus subjective. Simple concept to understand, really but... I guess not. you're a tool

If you think bad games are good, it just means you have bad taste in games.

PS4 can't compete with Switch on quality so cows start arguing that quality is subjective and that having a bunch of mediocre shovelware is better than having a few quality titles. Classic goal post shifting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@UssjTrunks said:

PS4 can't compete with Switch in quality so cows start arguing that quality is subjective and that having a bunch of mediocre shovelware is better than having a few quality titles.

lol nice flip floping there. Its still subjective, deal with it.

By your asinine argument GTA IV is a better game than BotW and SMO cause it has a higher metascore than them... so yeah, stfu

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 UssjTrunks

@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:

PS4 can't compete with Switch in quality so cows start arguing that quality is subjective and that having a bunch of mediocre shovelware is better than having a few quality titles.

By your asinine argument GTA IV is a better game than BotW and SMO cause it has a higher metascore than them... so yeah, stfu

GTA games are fantastic.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@UssjTrunks: they’re not on Xbox and switch.

If you’re gonna count breath of the wild and basically any Xbox “console” exclusive then you can easily count nier

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#81  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@jcrame10: I agree. Count nier, dude. You don't have to justify shit to anyone. Sony, Nintendo, MSFT do not see PC gaming as competition like they do the other console manufacturers. There is still a large enough market for consoles. When the console market really is dwindling and it's clear that It's because people are going to PC then they will see things differently I bet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@UssjTrunks said:
@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:

GTA games are fantastic.

Yes, and better than BotW and SMO, going by your argument

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 UssjTrunks

@jcrame10 said:

If you’re gonna count breath of the wild and basically any Xbox “console” exclusive then you can easily count nier

BOTW is a Nintendo Exclusive. Xbox games are Microsoft exclusives.

Nier and Nioh are not Sony exclusives...

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 UssjTrunks

@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:

GTA games are fantastic.

Yes, and better than BotW and SMO, going by your argument

You could make that argument. They are definitely in the same tier as BOTW and SMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@UssjTrunks: No, its on a higher tier. It has a higher metascore

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 UssjTrunks

@Vatusus said:

1 point =/= different tier. If you want to see a different tier, compare BOTW/SMO with HZD. HZD is almost 10 points behind (it isn't even a AAA title).

Also, BOTW and SMO are higher than any GTA game on Gamerankings.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Ps4 by far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@UssjTrunks said:
@Vatusus said:

1 point =/= different tier. If you want to see a different tier, compare BOTW/SMO with HZD. HZD is almost 10 points behind (it isn't even a AAA title).

No. Its a different tier. GTA IV > BotW/SMO

And who mentioned Horizon Zero Dawn? I certainly didnt. Insecure much?

Thus yet another proof how arbitrary these numbers are. Thank you for proving my point

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@Vatusus said:

No. Its a different tier. GTA IV > BotW/SMO

And who mentioned Horizon Zero Dawn? I certainly didnt. Insecure much?

Thus yet another proof how arbitrary these numbers are. Thank you for proving my point

Variation of 1-2 points isn't arbitrary.

And tiers are AAA, AA, A, etc. The Switch blew away the PS4 in terms of quality last year. Denial doesn't change fact.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@UssjTrunks said:

Says who? You? lol

I say it is. Now what?

And tiers are AAA, AA, A, etc.

Those terms are also arbitrary. A game can be AAA in one site and AA on another. Metacritic or gamerankings or w/e you want to pull from your a** dont have a say in the matter when their scores also deviate from one another thus arbitrary

The Switch blew away the PS4 in terms of quality last year.

Cool opinion, one wich I highly disagree with.

Denial doesn't change fact.

A fact is that the PS4 had a higher number of well received games critically then the Switch. The switch having "better" games is subjective. The PS4 is supported by factual numbers, the switch is supported by arbitrary ones thus quality = subjective, quantity = objective

But then again, such a simple concept cant get through simple minds.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By UssjTrunks

@Vatusus said:
@UssjTrunks said:

Says who? You? lol

I say it is. Now what?

And tiers are AAA, AA, A, etc.

Those terms are also arbitrary. A game can be AAA in one site and AA on another. Metacritic or gamerankings or w/e you want to pull from your a** dont have a say in the matter when their scores also deviate from one another thus arbitrary

The Switch blew away the PS4 in terms of quality last year.

Cool opinion, one wich I highly disagree with.

Denial doesn't change fact.

A fact is that the PS4 had a higher number of well received games critically then the Switch. The switch having "better" games is subjective. The PS4 is supported by factual numbers, the switch is supported by arbitrary ones thus quality = subjective, quantity = objective

But then again, such a simple concept cant get through simple minds.

GR and Metacritic scores aren't arbitrary. They just aggregate slightly different review sites (GR is missing a few that Metacritic aggregates and vice versa). Such small deviations are statistically irrelevant (this is a mathematical fact).

Quantity of games is irrelevant because it includes shovelware. PS4 is also a more mature system, so of course it will have more games being released for it. But more games is irrelevant. Quality is far more important, unless you don't like good games.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jcrame10

@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:

lol wow that's a pretty big stretch there.

so a game has to be made by the manufacturer of the console to now qualify as exclusive? interesting.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By UssjTrunks

@jcrame10 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:

so a game has to be made by the manufacturer of the console to now qualify as exclusive? interesting.

No, it has to only be available on one console family to be an exclusive...

Nintendo games are only available on Nintendo consoles.

Microsoft games are only available on Xbox and Windows.

Nier and Nioh are available on PS4 and Windows. Therefore, they are not Sony console exclusives.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 jcrame10

@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:

Nier and Nioh are available on PS4 and Windows. Therefore, they are not Sony exclusives.

Interesting how you can count an Xbox "exclusive" for being on PC but not Playstation.

Makes sense.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By UssjTrunks

@jcrame10 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@jcrame10 said:

Nier and Nioh are available on PS4 and Windows. Therefore, they are not Sony exclusives.

Interesting how you can count an Xbox "exclusive" for being on PC but not Playstation.

Makes sense.

Microsoft owns Xbox and Windows. Microsoft does not release Xbox console exclusives anymore because they would be stupid to leave money on the table. It's not Microsoft's problem they have a more diverse gaming platform than Sony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@UssjTrunks said:

GR and Metacritic scores aren't arbitrary. They just aggregate slightly different review sites (GR is missing a few that Metacritic aggregates and vice versa).

Quantity of games is irrelevant because it includes shovelware. PS4 is also a more mature system, so of course it will have more games being released for it. But more games is irrelevant. Quality is far more important, unless you don't like good games.

Dude, you arent really smart, are you? Metacritic and gameranking are an aggreagate of arbitrary scores so how exactly arent their scores also arbitrary? Its not that hard to figure it out, really... but I think I cant expect any more of you...

Such small deviations are statistically irrelevant (this is a mathematical fact).

That would be relevant, if statistics meant sh*t.

Loading Video...

Quantity of games is irrelevant because it includes shovelware.

Flip flop. None of the games I mentioned were shovelware.

PS4 is also a more mature system, so of course it will have more games being released for it

True, but how is that not a legitimate reason when choosing the best system of the year? "It cant be the PS4 because it's a older console so having more games released for it shouldnt count"? Thats exactly how you argument sounds like. And it sounds dumb.

But more games is irrelevant. Quality is far more important, unless you don't like good games.

Are you a parrot? Because you're repeating the same load of crap over and over again. This argument started when I pointed out quality is subjective but quantity isnt and you still have yet to prove me otherwise. Your argument all this time has been "hur dur metacritic hur dur gamerankings hur dur" wich I already pointed out the reason why these aggregate sites are also arbitrary when all they do is aggregate also arbitrary numbers. So yeah... I'm still waiting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@metalboi said:

@Vatusus: @UssjTrunks: Do either of you actually own both systems?

Thats irrelevant for the argument in question. All I did was pointing out that his idea of what represents quality was a subjective one while quantity isnt. Numbers were created to count not to represent such an abstract idea of some sort of personal representation like is "quality", for ex

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Switch was easily my favorite console of 2017.

I wouldn't call either system of the year though.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#100 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They both had an extremely good year. I would say it was the first good year for the PS4 and for the Switch haha

Anyway for me it was the Switch because I love their positivity and creativity, their polish and the non-hostile online environment. But if you don't like Nintendo games that much then I can see you picking the PS4.

Both had a good year, I loved it.