Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#201 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@KBFloYd said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Meh. Is this the first time Nintendo announced a new hardware iteration that was actually a stripped down version of the original?

it has better battery life and more RAM i think... plus a DpaD

No, still has the same RAM, but a slightly better battery life and D-Pad

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#202 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@heirren said:

Funny how on nintendos website they say, "...would make a great second switch for the household..."(something to that effect) yet what are the chances of letting users download their library to that second switch?

you can transfer your account plus your saves to another switch. however you cant have the same account on 2 switches at the same time.

I guess they want the sheep to buy the same games multiple times for multiple switches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#203 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@2Chalupas:

Jeez i wonder why lol.

No sht it would be nice tho. Household Share.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 FireEmblem_Man

@heirren: That's not true, while it was the case in the 3DS and Wii U, your game purchases are tied to your account now. 2chalupas is a bitter hater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@FireEmblem_Man:

Sorry im unsure what you are referring to.

Im aware its tied to an account, now. Notice how nintendo released nes games tied to a service? Playing it safe perhaps.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 2Chalupas

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@heirren: That's not true, while it was the case in the 3DS and Wii U, your game purchases are tied to your account now. 2chalupas is a bitter hater

I was replying to heirren's post. Can you have 2 Switches tied to an account or not? If not, that's pretty lame and I don't think it should take a "hater" to realize that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@2Chalupas:

It likely has something to do with software sales amd the resale scene, in that maybe potentially someone could just use eshop cards to buy all their games, unlink an account from the console(assuming that is possible since i believe you can have multiple accounts?), and then sell off the second switch with a bunch of games on it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 FireEmblem_Man

@2Chalupas: all eshop titles are now linked to your Nintendo account, you can stop being so butthurt about it. If you lose your switch, you can retrieve your games. So stop with your non-sense

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 2Chalupas

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@2Chalupas: all eshop titles are now linked to your Nintendo account, you can stop being so butthurt about it. If you lose your switch, you can retrieve your games. So stop with your non-sense

Wow. You're pretty dumb. What I asked obviously had nothing at all to do with "losing" a console or retrieving games to an account, but of course I realize in the past Nintendo didn't even have that covered properly (i.e., had to do the stupid "system transfer" like 3 times with 3DS's).

I'm asking if you can have 2 switches tied to the same account at the same time. Wouldn't that be necessary to play 2 players with this handheld version of the console? Otherwise you have to buy 2 copies of every game even digitally, can't share access with your own sub accounts. Nintendo will apparently just pause your game if you try to log in on another Switch.

I just know last gen with PS3 and Vita (as well as 360) I was able to use 2 consoles both tied to the same parent account and share the same pool of content - content that I only needed to buy once. It was pretty wide open. It seems PS4 might have restricted this feature a bit more for this gen, but there is still a concept of "game sharing" which should allow you to play content simultaneously on two machines (though I'm not clear if you can play online games at the same time, haven't tested it out this gen). With Switch it is a definitive, no, apparently.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 2Chalupas

@heirren said:

@2Chalupas:

It likely has something to do with software sales amd the resale scene, in that maybe potentially someone could just use eshop cards to buy all their games, unlink an account from the console(assuming that is possible since i believe you can have multiple accounts?), and then sell off the second switch with a bunch of games on it.

No doubt it needs to be limited in some way, otherwise people will abuse the hell out of sharing. I'm sure I've read there are limits to how many sub-accounts you can have active on PSN and Xbox? Seems like a limit of 3 or 4 would be reasonable since lots of people have at least a couple different gamers in a household (last gen I used 2 systems simultaneously all the time, that was it - but it was a nice perk for my digital library to be shareable on 2 consoles for co-up and online and such). If it's a sub-account maybe they can just require the license renews every year or else the games are no longer valid without login?

Apparently Steam is pretty crappy now about "sharing" games as well even within a household, basically Nintendo level restriction where you can only access the entire library 1 person at a time, even if the two people want to play entirely different games! Dumb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@2Chalupas:

I was just kidding, somewhat. I get why its done, it makes sense. Id buy it just so i could mail BotW to someone but then im sure thered be disappointment in not having tv out for zelda.

I have a feeling this thing may flop or cause a bit of a stir when parents see Switch commercials, or have been seeing them, and then realize their brand new switch light doesnt do the ver gimmick they sold the console on. Maybe it will be very blatant in the ads and on the box.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I don't mean to revive this thread, but I have mixed feelings on this announcement.

My original idea was to get a regular Nintendo Switch but this is cheaper but perhaps missing key features I might want.

I guess I'll just have to research more....

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 7220 Posts

It's pretty clear to me as I only want the handheld system. The cheaper price point has got me interested. I know the newer model coming later has a better battery but £100 more it isn't attractive to me.