lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

You aren't outright wrong... You're also not right. Your conclusion is just baffling, but you have some good points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: at Nintendo? Yes I am, very angry.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

You're blaming Nintendo, but it's the people who buy their games lol.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@crabj: fair point. Many of their own games do run sub 30fps. And factoring in 900p ain't a good look for that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I am fine with technical specs of console, if I have issue with Nintendo though it is over their eShop and how they have not bridged purchases or brought cross platform VC across systems like Wii U and 3DS and Switch. And their lack of VC support is sad for Switch, though, not like I would support it since I don't want to have to repurchase same games I already purchased on Wii, Wii U, 3DS. Their digital store could be awesome otherwise. Having confidence in retention of games and rights would go a long way to bring me back to supporting their digital offerings.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

spiderman avatar?

hmmm who alt? a lem? a herm? a.....co.. BINGO

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@ProtossRushX: Actually, I bought a WiiU. It’s one of the main reasons why I don’t own a Switch. The WiiU’s library was sparse and first party was mediocre at best. Online was a joke and the control scheme was stupid. For me, the Switch looks to continue the trend I’ve grown to despise. I think I liked Nintendo products more when the competition was either non existent or worse.

I liked Nintendo more when they actually held a competitive mentality.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

spiderman avatar?

hmmm who alt? a lem? a herm? a.....co.. BINGO

Lol, what else...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

@hrt_rulz01: @KBFloYd: PS4 is also a shitty console. PC is the only gaming machine worth of something. Switch happens to be the worst of the bunch. Consoles should cease to exist and games should only be played on PC, where they can be properly played at ultra settings 1080p+ and 120+fps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

@SolidGame_basic: I'm blaming both. Nintendo for doing it and consumers for accepting it.

truebond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 truebond
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

@techhog89: Thanks! I did not know that about developer's kits. I thought extra ram would have helped raised the fps and resolution as long as the level of graphical details stay the same as it is now. I thought because the same graphic cards can sell with different amounts of memory, such as Radeon RX 570 comes in 4gb, 8gb and 16gb versions. I wonder why do companies sell higher ram versions of the same card since it doesn't help with fps and resolution? Is the memory meant for something else? Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions. I don't know much about the technical aspects of gaming, for I'm just a once in a blue moon casual gamer.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hrt_rulz01

@crabj: Lmao... whatever you say ??

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I'm so fucking sick of people saying it's a "weak console" when that's absolutely false. It's more powerful than any last gen console, and for a hybrid system it handles its purpose masterfully.

Stick to expensive PC gaming and stop projecting illogical ideals on others. Clearly you're in the minority, as Switch is selling like hotcakes and lots of people prefer to play on the system.

Screw anyone who thinks they can tyrannize this industry that enjoys great variation in ways people can enjoy it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#65 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I love my Switch.

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

@pcvirginrace: my tablet can run photoshop and has pen to draw with. I can edit clips and browse net. I paid 350 and i been playing overwatch on it years before it will land on switch. Currently playing dragon age Inquisition sleeping dogs and bf4 on it. Loving it

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts
@truebond said:

@techhog89: Thanks! I did not know that about developer's kits. I thought extra ram would have helped raised the fps and resolution as long as the level of graphical details stay the same as it is now. I thought because the same graphic cards can sell with different amounts of memory, such as Radeon RX 570 comes in 4gb, 8gb and 16gb versions. I wonder why do companies sell higher ram versions of the same card since it doesn't help with fps and resolution? Is the memory meant for something else? Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions. I don't know much about the technical aspects of gaming, for I'm just a once in a blue moon casual gamer.

It's not that it doesn't help, as much as it is that only helps if memory capacity is what's holding it back. The 4GB version of that card would not be able to push graphical settings as high as the 8GB version, but there would be no difference between the 8GB and 16GB versions because the GPU would be maxed out long before you need more than 8GB. If that 16GB card is real and not typo, it's just a marketing ploy to trick people without knowledge of how graphics cards work. With Switch, if it had 8GB of RAM it would be able to use higher resolution textures and assets, but it wouldn't increase resolutions or allow a 30FPS game to hit 60FPS because because the game will be limited by the CPU, GPU, or RAM speed. Improving one thing doesn't make everything else suddenly more powerful.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@briguyb13: well said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

@briguyb13: if they could put quality hardware that could run games properly, but they can't. Nintendo specially is using decades old tech that can barely run the Witcher 3. That thing looks disgusting on switch.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Nobody said it shouldn't come to the PC....but it's Nintendo and they do their own thing.

If they are gonna have Mario/Zelda exclusivity for like 30 something years already, who is gonna stop that?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@speedytimsi said:

Nobody said it shouldn't come to the PC....but it's Nintendo and they do their own thing.

If they are gonna have Mario/Zelda exclusivity for like 30 something years already, who is gonna stop that?

Fun fact: Mario, as well as some other Nintendo properties made their way to Japanese PCs back in the 80's.

Hudson ported them over. They weren't great which may have something to do with their reluctance to let anyone else touch their stuff.

Loading Video...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Nintendo's prices are steep and they rarely have sales, but when you are in demand... you don't need sales. They are killing it. Pay them so they continue with the content.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

It's a terrible console... but a great handheld. I'm picking up the Lite when it comes out.

My thoughts exactly. Wasn't paying $300 for a Switch which is inferior to every console on the market but the lite with a D-pad and that new $200 price point is too good to pass up. BOTW here I come lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

Lol you people are too apologetic for Nintendo, no wonder they do what they do to you.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

I'm so fucking sick of people saying it's a "weak console" when that's absolutely false. It's more powerful than any last gen console, and for a hybrid system it handles its purpose masterfully

That's not a good metric. The PS4 and X1 are also more powerful than any last gen console. But those are by a considerable margin.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

My two biggest issues with Nintendo:

1. Physical Retro games are too high. $30 Max, except with the few games which didn't sell more then a million or so. You're precious wittle copy of Pokemon leaf green, which let's be honest is most likely fake "Renewed," is not worth $70 USD.

2. Wii U is the beta test of the Switch. Think about it, Nintendo knows how to sell and advertise a console, so why the poor Wii U performance? And then there's the fact that Nindendo could have just slapped the "New console" sticker if people where actually having such an issue telling it a part from the Wii. Which I highly doubt happened as much as everyone let on considering right behind the Wii U game pad is a different looking box with rounded as apposed to square edges. My answer is that Nintendo kept the Wii U consoles sales low to gather information to prefect their real 8th gen console, the Wii U 1.0. You probably know it better as the Switch.

Now let me explain why I will not be buying a switch in the foreseeable future:

1. Not enough exclusives. 98% of the games I could buy in the Switch I can already buy on the Wii U or the PS4 if I want a physical copy. And of the 2% that I can't, I'm only interested in maybe six games so far if I stretch it.

2. I don't trust Nintendo not to release a Switch Pro AND release games that only play on the pro verson. Yeah, sure, make all the cell phone business model analogies all day, the truth is that most people cannot afford to speed $300-$500 on a new cell phone every two years, and we most certainly can't afford to do that with a console. (Most people I know only buy $40-$110 smart phones once every three years.) That success the switch has, yeah, a switch pro isn't going to help you as much as you'd think. I certainly can't afford to buy a a new $400 console simply because Nintendo didn't make their console powerful enough.

Granted, if the Switch Pro only made the games look and run better like the Xbox one X and the PS4 Pro, then I'd be okay with it. But if Nintendo needs to make a more power switch simply because the system is unable to find a way to compete with the PS5 and Xbox scarlet, then it's Nintendo's fault for releasing the Switch too early and they should have supported the Wii U better in the beginning instead of using it as the Switch's beta test.

Don't get me wrong, there's quite a lot of Nintendo exclusives I love, but I just don't trust the Switch nor Nintendo anymore. And beside all that, there is just not enough exclusives for me to justify buying the switch.

Okay folks, Rantpanzer24 is done ranting here.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#77 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

And Trump is the very definition of truthful human being

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11085 Posts

@crabj said:

@briguyb13: if they could put quality hardware that could run games properly, but they can't. Nintendo specially is using decades old tech that can barely run the Witcher 3. That thing looks disgusting on switch.

That's why I'm not going to bother with the full Switch model. The third party ports are atrocious. And I know they'll look like a tragedy when blown up on a 4K TV.

They need to be seeking more original third party exclusive content so there's no other version it can be compared to. Portability is not an important enough feature to sacrifice IQ and content to play third party games on the platform.

If it's not an exclusive, it's not getting played on my end period.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#79 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:

First off NOBODY bought a wiiU so those aren't technically remakes only like 15 million people bought the wiiU so they are very fresh games to people.

Lol what? thats such a terrible logic, then I should consider FF8 a fresh current gen game because I didn't play it back in 99.

And stop being such a shill, old games should not be worth $60.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

truebond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 truebond
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

@techhog89: Thanks, I appreciate your informative knowledge. I had bought the first Witcher game for my birth day, I used the little knowledge I learned from one semester in a 9th grade computer class and some how to videos on YouTube to help guide me in replacing my prebuilt pc Geforce 7300 Le with an BFG Geforce 8600 Gt OC 512mb and a new psu . I had a 720p 19 inch Magnavox television and at the time I hadn't played a video game since I played a pc version of Bloodrayne 2 which came with a dvd copy of the film Bloodrayne; before that the last game I played was Killer Instinct or either Flying Dragon for the Nintendo 64 my parents bought me for Christmas in the late 90's. The Witcher was very buggy, for it repeatedly crashed, so I gave up on it about 3/4 to 4/5 into the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@briguyb13 said:

I'm so fucking sick of people saying it's a "weak console" when that's absolutely false. It's more powerful than any last gen console, and for a hybrid system it handles its purpose masterfully

That's not a good metric. The PS4 and X1 are also more powerful than any last gen console. But those are by a considerable margin.

Who cares? I don't play games and think about how they perform compared to the highest standard. If I did, I'd only game on PC. Power and performance mean nothing to me.

It's plenty capable and I only own one system more powerful: PS4, yet I still spend considerably more time playing Switch.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Okay, you don't like it.

I finally got one and even though some games are remasters from WiiU actually ..... can't take the WiiU everywhere with me, so for me it was a good purchase.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@speedytimsi said:

Fun fact: Mario, as well as some other Nintendo properties made their way to Japanese PCs back in the 80's.

Hudson ported them over. They weren't great which may have something to do with their reluctance to let anyone else touch their stuff.

Loading Video...

Yeah that's why people don't see Mario or other major Nintendo's properties developed outside Nintendo or made outside their game console. And even for the ones that they don't develop anymore (i.e. - Pilotwings, F-Zero,) they just let it stayed dead rather than have some other outsider developed. Besides, they are probably gonna make money if they re-release/remastered some games.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Control sticks need a fix- hopefully they're working on a permanent fix or else they're gonna lose a lot of money. I had a drift issue last year and I called Nintendo a few weeks ago and got a refund for it.

As far as software goes- there's some real quality stuff on Switch- both in Nintendo's history and among games in general. When a brand new game comes out I really want I pay the price (Breath of the Wild, Smash, Mario Odyssey, Mario Maker, etc) and when its a game I'd like but don't want to pay the price I wait- I'm hoping DKTF and Captain Toad are $20 or less this Black Friday. If they're not what's the big deal, just wait.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

I'm not buying a ps5 or nextbox, but you can bet your sweet ass I'll be buying the next switch... Its the goat

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I'm not buying a ps5 or nextbox, but you can bet your sweet ass I'll be buying the next switch... Its the goat

I can tell you this much. I sure ain't buying PS5 on launch day, since both Sony/MS likes to do rehashed mid-gen consoles now, no point in me spending $500 on a launch console nowadays and will wait 2/3 years for an upgrade model. I learned my lesson from this gen, do not buy Sony/MS consoles on launch. Nintendo however, they can be trusted :)

Switch 2, sure. PC/Switch can fill all my gaming needs.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#88 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

My Switch mostly sits in a corner collecting dust. Surprised I haven't stood on it yet.

3DS was good though. Love that piece of shit.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@davillain-: bingo.... On all points.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TheEroica  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: really? You don't take your switch with you and play it mobile?

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

@pcvirginrace said:

@pcvirginrace: my tablet can run photoshop and has pen to draw with. I can edit clips and browse net. I paid 350 and i been playing overwatch on it years before it will land on switch. Currently playing dragon age Inquisition sleeping dogs and bf4 on it. Loving it

You use a mouse and keyboard with a tablet? Why would anyone want to do that?

Do you also have a mobile phone with a wire connected to it and permanently plugged in at home?

You have a fair point about the Switch's limitations other than gaming. The PS Vita in this regard was a far better portable. But in terms of portability, the Switch (and especially the upcoming Switch Lite) is better than your "portable" rig.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#92 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@uninspiredcup: really? You don't take your switch with you and play it mobile?

I couldn't do that if I wanted to. But beyond that, Scrooge McDuck Wouldn't go around with anything expensive for the public to view., same with 3DS and going back as a kid with Gameboy, Geargear ect...

Relatively expensive piece of hardware. Especially if your a kid, be so easy for some asshole to take it. We've all seen those videos of Pokemon Go goons getting jacked.

Same with phones as well, those guys get what they fucking deserve.

Loading Video...

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

@NukleaWorfair: you dumb butt. It's a win 10 64bit 2in1 laptop that can go to tablet but that's too much for your brain to understand as you only know simple stuff from nintendo.

usb wireless kbb mouse to type or game in table top with built in kickstand. Often times, i use a controller of my choice. Its 10inch 1080p screen strong enough to play many aaa games and i can tone the settings with pc game.

Playing dragon age Inquisition, divinity 2, portal 2, gta 4, bf 3&4, dota 2, tomb raider, sf4, shenmue 1&2.

Games you can only dream in your wetdream

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@TheEroica said:

To be honest, I'm starting to feel the same way.

As of now, if I had to pick between Xbox Scarlett/PS5 or a Switch Pro (or Switch 2), I think I'd choose the new Switch (hopefully Nintendo sticks to the Switch format and doesn't f*ck it up though!).

Switch just has more games I enjoy now.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: ditto

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

@pcvirginrace said:

@NukleaWorfair: you dumb butt. It's a win 10 64bit 2in1 laptop that can go to tablet but that's too much for your brain to understand as you only know simple stuff from nintendo.

usb wireless kbb mouse to type or game in table top with built in kickstand. Often times, i use a controller of my choice. Its 10inch 1080p screen strong enough to play many aaa games and i can tone the settings with pc game.

Playing dragon age Inquisition, divinity 2, portal 2, gta 4, bf 3&4, dota 2, tomb raider, sf4, shenmue 1&2.

Games you can only dream in your wetdream

Kid. You aren't impressing anyone. Bragging about playing old games on a little 10 inch tablet with mouse and keyboard and mods/low settings isn't making anybodys wetdream apart from your own. You little meme.

I don't own a Switch, and I haven't been a Nintendo "fan" since the Playstation 1 was released. But the Switch and the upcoming Switch Lite is a better portable gaming device than your little rig.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@pcvirginrace: Uh, Divinity 2 is out on the Switch.

It's actually a fantastic port, and has cross-save compatibility with Steam.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#99  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Wow. Thank you for sharing. I feel so enlightened now. How did I ever go so wrong before you showed me the way?