Switch is a terrible console and Nintendo is anti consumer

  • 97 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

25

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

First things first, it's a weak console, the joycons are garbage, the drifting and connection problems are ridiculous and Nintendo doesn't acknowledge them.

All of their games would run and play better on PC.

Then it comes the biggest offender of them all: the games pricing.

No I'm not talking about the new games but the rereleases and remasters/remakes. They cost $60.

$60 for old games, like new super Mario Bros u and donkey Kong TF. $60 for links Awakening, a GB remake that could be made for the 3DS.

What is Nintendo thinking? They don't respect their consumers. They should leave the industry completely or become a third party developer.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

52225

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52225 Posts

But it's getting Deadly Premonition 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

9558

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Bro...no just no

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

36473

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 36473 Posts

Oh boy. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

9558

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

First off NOBODY bought a wiiU so those aren't technically remakes only like 15 million people bought the wiiU so they are very fresh games to people.

Secondly the drifting joy con thing NINTENDO said they are repairing them for free in the USA.

THESE GAMES ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY at 60 bux they can't be beat. Links awakening wouldn't be handled well on the 3DS it would look more blurry and crappy.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

13604

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 13604 Posts

@crabj said:

No I'm not talking about the new games but the rereleases and remasters/remakes. They cost $60.

$60 for old games, like new super Mario Bros u and donkey Kong TF. $60 for links Awakening, a GB remake that could be made for the 3DS.

Agreed with this. Nintendo fans will still buys it due to nintendo 1st party branding though. They are like the most exploited fanbase of all and proud.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

9275

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9275 Posts

Nice lol.

@freedomfreak said:

But it's getting Deadly Premonition 2.

Why is a sequel even being made

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

264

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

How many salty troll threads are people going to make about the Switch before people get sick of them?

Avatar image for Xabiss
Xabiss

4749

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@crabj said:

First things first, it's a weak console, the joycons are garbage, the drifting and connection problems are ridiculous and Nintendo doesn't acknowledge them.

All of their games would run and play better on PC.

Then it comes the biggest offender of them all: the games pricing.

No I'm not talking about the new games but the rereleases and remasters/remakes. They cost $60.

$60 for old games, like new super Mario Bros u and donkey Kong TF. $60 for links Awakening, a GB remake that could be made for the 3DS.

What is Nintendo thinking? They don't respect their consumers. They should leave the industry completely or become a third party developer.

Avatar image for pmanden
pmanden

1945

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1945 Posts

@TheMisterManGuy: We are already sick of them, but hate threads will still be made. Haters will be haters. The same goes for xbox. People bash it every chance they get, but the console is not THAT bad.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
MirkoS77

16504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 16504 Posts

Nintendo’s aware and is offering to fix the Joycon issue for free. They’re also willing to upgrade older model Switches for newer ones (with the better battery life) if the older model has been recently purchased. God knows I’m a large critic of Nintendo in many respects, but that’s about as pro-consumer as you can get.

Agree with you on pricing, but they’ve always charged premium for their software. As long as the market enables it, they’ll continue to do it.

The Switch is a cool concept with quality first party, unfortunately many of the ports on it are lazy half-assed efforts. Not really Nintendo’s fault, that’s more on the publisher/developer but Nintendo could demand a certain bar of quality if they cared. It’s also screaming to be used as a portable retro legacy machine, you couldn’t dream for a better opportunity to leverage their back catalog for massive bank, but in Nintendo’s typical brilliance, they seem not to care about leaving gold on the table. Still, it’s a great platform for Nindies.

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

264

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

Agree with you on pricing, but they’ve always charged premium for their software. As long as the market enables it, they’ll continue to do it.

In regards to software pricing. Nintendo games stay full price for years because of their business model. Unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo hardware is primarily a vehicle for the latest Nintendo software. The first party games are designed to be sold throughout the entire generation, It's not better or worse than the model other companies use. It's just different. Besides, it's the secret to how their games are able to stay in the top 20 even years after their release. With most publishers, the heavy price slashing is not done out of the goodness of their heart, it's to clear retail space for the next big title by pushing older games out.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

10139

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 10139 Posts

@crabj: Who's alt are you now?

Avatar image for MirkoS77
MirkoS77

16504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#14 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 16504 Posts

@TheMisterManGuy said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Agree with you on pricing, but they’ve always charged premium for their software. As long as the market enables it, they’ll continue to do it.

In regards to software pricing. Nintendo games stay full price for years because of their business model. Unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo hardware is primarily a vehicle for the latest Nintendo software. The first party games are designed to be sold throughout the entire generation, It's not better or worse than the model other companies use. It's just different. Besides, it's the secret to how their games are able to stay in the top 20 even years after their release. With most publishers, the heavy price slashing is not done out of the goodness of their heart, it's to clear retail space for the next big title by pushing older games out.

I suppose when they're only putting out one iteration of an IP per generation their pricing makes sense, but this doesn't much explain much older games that release that are still higher (usually $10-15) than other versions on other platforms, many of which are the superior versions.There's always a Nintendo premium. Even their older VC prices were pushing it. If you're putting out games seldom comparatively to your competitors, it's little wonder you're still going to be in the top twenty years after release.

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

264

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

@MirkoS77: That's on third parties, not Nintendo.

Avatar image for GameboyTroy
GameboyTroy

9393

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#16 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9393 Posts

At least it has exclusive games, motion controls and you can play it on the go.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

21220

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21220 Posts

@vfighter: I'm guessing a cow.

Avatar image for pcvirginrace
pcvirginrace

192

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

I have a 10inch win tablet with intel hd620, core m3 7th gen. I can run skyrim in 60fps with mod

Switch still has no way to charge in table top

No voice chat

-No built in mic

-cant plug in SD to new switch

-No Wii bc

-No Bluetooth headset

-No way to deactivate account online

-No charge while playing tabletop

-Friends code

-No browser

Avatar image for Ross_the_Boss6
Ross_the_Boss6

4054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4054 Posts

I agree the Switch tax is ****ing dumb, but man do I love playing this console.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

29410

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 29410 Posts

It's a great console. But the prices are indeed awful. So is the online. And I agree that Link's Awakening shouldn't be full price.

A Switch costs 400 bucks where I live. For that, I could get a great processor, motherboard and 16GB RAM for my PC. Or luxurious food for a month. Or a plane ticket.

About the joycon drift issue. I had this, so I bought some electronics cleaner, sprayed some under the stick. The drifting is now completely gone. Totally beats sending it in to Nintendo waiting for weeks to get it back. I highly recommend trying this for people with the drift issue.

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

10139

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 10139 Posts

@pcvirginrace: And yet the Switch is still a WAY better gaming device, go figure lol.

Avatar image for pcvirginrace
pcvirginrace

192

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#22 pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

@vfighter: wrong.i can

-emulate wii, gc, psx, n64 etc.

-I can stream ps4 and xbox to my win10.

-I can mod games or play older games people don't have access to anymore.

-I can use mouse keyboard or control.

-I have more ports.Usb a, usb c, sd card, lte.

-I have bluetooth for headset. I can use discord.

-buy games from different store(stesm, epic, gog, etc)

Avatar image for ajuicematts
AJuiceMatts

88

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23 AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

seems the direct made some people salty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

25

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

@vfighter: The switch is terrible, no value there beyond the exclusives and Nintendo is locking them to crappy hardware. They should simply release them on PC where they'd be properly played. And the joycons are one of the shittiest controller I've ever used. I'd rather play Mario Odyssey on kbm.

Avatar image for davillain-
davillain-

49052

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25 davillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 49052 Posts

@vfighter said:

@crabj: Who's alt are you now?

That's a good question! Let's get to the bottom of this mystery cause for someone claiming to be new, they don't often come to SW and start bitching about Nintendo.

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
HalcyonScarlet

10835

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#26 HalcyonScarlet  Online
Member since 2011 • 10835 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

First off NOBODY bought a wiiU so those aren't technically remakes only like 15 million people bought the wiiU so they are very fresh games to people.

Secondly the drifting joy con thing NINTENDO said they are repairing them for free in the USA.

THESE GAMES ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY at 60 bux they can't be beat. Links awakening wouldn't be handled well on the 3DS it would look more blurry and crappy.

That doesn't make them new. And it doesn't matter how good the games are. That's not the point. Nintendo always price gouge. Their online store would be amazing but so many games are unreasonably priced.

I do own a Wii U, and I would have bought a ton of games from their online for their various older and handheld systems, but the prices are not reasonable at all.

Avatar image for my_user_name
my_user_name

666

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 666 Posts

Definitely agree on game prices. It's absurd that they're able to get away with charging $60 for 5/6 year old games.

I'll wait til 2023 and some of their games hit Nintendo selects to get one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

25

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

@ProtossRushX: not an excuse for charging $60 for old games on a crappy system with shitty shitty controllers. Were they on PC, they'd cost less and you could play them properly, the way it should be.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
Solaryellow

6387

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By Solaryellow  Online
Member since 2013 • 6387 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I suppose when they're only putting out one iteration of an IP per generation their pricing makes sense, but this doesn't much explain much older games that release that are still higher (usually $10-15) than other versions on other platforms, many of which are the superior versions.There's always a Nintendo premium. Even their older VC prices were pushing it. If you're putting out games seldom comparatively to your competitors, it's little wonder you're still going to be in the top twenty years after release.

Switch pricing seems a bit different at least in terms of software this go around. A number of first party games seem to have dropped to a permanent lower price point rather quickly after release unlike Wii U which had poor selling games at full price right up until the day the hardware and software were removed from shelves or until final quantity was expelled.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

9000

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 9000 Posts

It's a terrible console... but a great handheld. I'm picking up the Lite when it comes out.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

8300

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#31 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 8300 Posts

Not a fan of the Switch design. Feels bad in handheld mode. Too much Nintendo BS around the controls. Everything about it is either a joke or an ergonomic nightmare.

I wish it were a better handheld or a better console, but it's not good at either. Should have been 2 separate products that run the same games (i.e. Switch Lite, and some standalone console box that runs the games better).

Feels bad. It's hard to play Switch games because I just don't want to use their hardware. Oh and the d-pad on the pro controller sucks. It's silly I have to turn to 3rd party hardware to get a good d-pad. Thank you, 8bitdo.

The Nintendo premium pricing is honestly the least of my complaints.

Good software library though. *shrug*

Avatar image for truebond
truebond

37

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 truebond
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

I heard that the chip (cpu/gpu) that Nintendo chosen was their best option Nintendo had to achieve an efficient battery life for a viable handheld console while still being a viable home console. Was the Nintendo Switch at launch sold for a profit, loss or did they break even at launch? If the Nintendo Switch sold for a profit, do you think Nintendo should have added 8 GB of main memory instead of 4 GB and would that of made porting games easier and would that have allow it to sustain 1080p Dock and 720p mobile at 60fps since Nintendo couldn't get a better cost effective low power consuming chip (cpu/gpu) at that time to maintain an efficient battery life for viable mobile gaming? I know that the pc has many different settings at different resolutions and that the gap in low-end to high-end hardware for pc's to run games on low settings to high settings is much bigger than Nintendo Switch (low settings) to XBOX ONE and Sony PlayStation 4 (high settings), so why aren't the third party support better when The Witcher 3 will be on the Nintendo Switch?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for Coolyfett
Coolyfett

6276

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#33 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Trash trolling....

@crabj said:

First things first, it's a weak console, the joycons are garbage, the drifting and connection problems are ridiculous and Nintendo doesn't acknowledge them.

All of their games would run and play better on PC.

Then it comes the biggest offender of them all: the games pricing.

No I'm not talking about the new games but the rereleases and remasters/remakes. They cost $60.

$60 for old games, like new super Mario Bros u and donkey Kong TF. $60 for links Awakening, a GB remake that could be made for the 3DS.

What is Nintendo thinking? They don't respect their consumers. They should leave the industry completely or become a third party developer.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
MirkoS77

16504

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 16504 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@MirkoS77 said:

I suppose when they're only putting out one iteration of an IP per generation their pricing makes sense, but this doesn't much explain much older games that release that are still higher (usually $10-15) than other versions on other platforms, many of which are the superior versions.There's always a Nintendo premium. Even their older VC prices were pushing it. If you're putting out games seldom comparatively to your competitors, it's little wonder you're still going to be in the top twenty years after release.

Switch pricing seems a bit different at least in terms of software this go around. A number of first party games seem to have dropped to a permanent lower price point rather quickly after release unlike Wii U which had poor selling games at full price right up until the day the hardware and software were removed from shelves or until final quantity was expelled.

Yeah, Wii U's pricing was pretty ridiculous, but then again kind of needed to be. But granted, their pricing has seemingly become more flexible.

They've made some good moves lately, I have to admit, things they didn't have to do. Now I just wish they'd get their VC into order better. I'd throw so much money Nintendo's way if they would allow for their legacy to be bought independently instead of given through a subscription.

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

4846

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 4846 Posts

@pcvirginrace: How much did it cost though? Including the controller, keyboard, and mouse? And don't say it was used.

Avatar image for techhog89
Techhog89

4846

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 4846 Posts

@truebond: It was being sold for a profit. That said, the profit margin was relatively small, the max they could possibly get at the time was 6GB of RAM, dev kits need to have more RAM than retail units, and RAM capacity isn't Switch's main bottleneck anyway.

Avatar image for shellcase86
shellcase86

5882

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 5882 Posts

Agreed. Nintendo's pricing is terrible and especially greedy. However, their games run great on their hardware -- you got that wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

25

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#38 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

@shellcase86: 900p is running great? 1080p or higher is the only acceptable resolution here.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

9275

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#39 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9275 Posts

@crabj: I think he meant performance wise, dude.

Avatar image for pcvirginrace
pcvirginrace

192

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

@techhog89: i got the tablet for 350$ i just used my ps4 and xbox one control and current kb and mouse i already have at no extra cost

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

10139

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 10139 Posts

@pcvirginrace: And yet the Switch is still a better gaming device. Hope you didnt pay much for that trash tablet lol.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

6462

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#42 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Actually, I bought a WiiU. It’s one of the main reasons why I don’t own a Switch. The WiiU’s library was sparse and first party was mediocre at best. Online was a joke and the control scheme was stupid. For me, the Switch looks to continue the trend I’ve grown to despise. I think I liked Nintendo products more when the competition was either non existent or worse.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

59450

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#43 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 59450 Posts

I mean... No...

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

6462

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Nintendo has always been anti consumer. Why do you think they continue to focus on children? Because when you grow up and notice the competition by comparison, you leave Nintendo. You think core gamers buy Switch’s for the most part? Naw, they’ve moved on.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Why is this thread still open

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

6512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#46 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 6512 Posts

Nintendo have always been overpriced, same as Apple, they have greedy profit margins and their fan bases will always pay it. This is not anything new and also does not help that they chose to go with cartridges.

But I and other PC gamers would be pretty hypocritical, we pay Nividia tax.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

6512

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#47 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 6512 Posts
@shellcase86 said:

Agreed. Nintendo's pricing is terrible and especially greedy. However, their games run great on their hardware -- you got that wrong.

Yes, sub 30 fps is great performance.

Avatar image for khoofia_pika
khoofia_pika

16761

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#48 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

I can agree with the second half of that statement. But they're a multinational megacorporation in the video games industry, no shit they're anti-consumer lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01

25

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#49 deactivated-5d7ce72a5fd01
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: resolution is also integrated into performance. 900p/sub 30fps (Xenoblade) is crappy performance. 1080p 120fps or more or nothing.

Still, the biggest problem is the price vs value, switch is terrible in this. Nintendo needs to go.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

14219

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#50 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14219 Posts

Somebody's mad. Lol