Switch gets a real Star Wars game Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast who needs a PC?

#1 Posted by ProtossRushX (5693 posts) -

I can play this on the go wherever I want yeah I'm in and no PC YOUR OUT YOUR OUT!

Also ps4/xboner can keep battlefronts there awful EA and suck

#NintendoSwitch 9/24

#2 Posted by clone01 (27544 posts) -

you're out.

#3 Posted by Arkhalipso (2397 posts) -

Zzzzzz

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (53799 posts) -

Lordy, your threads are bad. Great game... Let's see how the port does first. I'm more excited about Tokyo Mirage Sessions coming to Switch, as I never played the game on WiiU.

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (39192 posts) -

And you don't even own a Switch

#6 Posted by ProtossRushX (5693 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

And you don't even own a Switch

I'm waiting 16 days for the switch lite, im in a switch haze right now everything is just too good im gonna sub to the online buy all these great games and be broke :P

#7 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1321 posts) -

Atrocious grammar? Switch shilling? Nothing to contribute?

Must be a ProtossRushX thread.

#8 Posted by Planeforger (18103 posts) -

It also just got Divinity Original Sin 2. Interesting mix of releases.

#9 Edited by ProtossRushX (5693 posts) -

@Planeforger: Yeah I was going to mention that too.

What a great little system the switch is.

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -

Congrats, Switch has the best Star Wars out of all 3 consoles. And they it didn't even need developed from scratch or tons of money thrown at it.

Dewed it.

#11 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8701 posts) -

It's going to run version 1.04 if it has multiplayer, which is complete trash. If this is true, I would recommend avoiding it.

Otherwise the single player is okay.

Everyone who plays this game on PC uses v1.02 via a mod.

#12 Posted by sakaiXx (6052 posts) -

Jedi knights with motion controls. Damn

#13 Posted by Ant_17 (12861 posts) -

Weird pick.

#14 Edited by MirkoS77 (14460 posts) -

Nice choice to port, but I'll wait until it drops before giving congrats. Switch has been prone to having lazy ports thrown on it without a thought or care and many perform like s**t.

#15 Posted by The_Stand_In (1077 posts) -
@Ant_17 said:

Weird pick.

Not really. It's old, so it's easy to run (or should be) even on crappy hardware. And it's a really good game as well; one of the most highly praised Star Wars games, just behind X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and the original Battlefront.

#16 Posted by Ant_17 (12861 posts) -

@The_Stand_In said:
@Ant_17 said:

Weird pick.

Not really. It's old, so it's easy to run (or should be) even on crappy hardware. And it's a really good game as well; one of the most highly praised Star Wars games, just behind X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and the original Battlefront.

I think KOTOR has the highest praise out of them all, but i'm not a huge SW fan so i wouldn't know.

And it is weird for releasing the sequel alone.

#17 Posted by The_Stand_In (1077 posts) -

@Ant_17: Forgot about KOTOR, tbh. Oh well...

Dark Forces, and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II are just too old to capture today's audience, I think. They were basically Doom clones, though Jedi Knight did have rudimentary lightsaber combat.

However, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy have held up much better through the years.

#18 Posted by Ant_17 (12861 posts) -

@The_Stand_In: All of them are old, and not canon to the movies.

And even if they held up, why the sequel only?

#19 Posted by ProtossRushX (5693 posts) -

@Ant_17: omg this game is going to the ps4 too apparently...and Jedi Academy will come out next year for both ps4/switch :\

lol at xbox...why is it skipping that platform?

#20 Posted by Ant_17 (12861 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Bone version pointless cause it's BC. And i thought Switch got this cause it can't have the new SW game from EA.

#21 Posted by mandzilla (4188 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: I think it's already available on Xbox One by way of backwards compatibility.

#22 Edited by pelvist (7445 posts) -

This is the second-best Star Wars game ever IMO, Jedi Academy being the best.

Another PC game that console gamers don't care about is suddenly great because it's playable on their console.

:D

#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -
@MirkoS77 said:

Nice choice to port, but I'll wait until it drops before giving congrats. Switch has been prone to having lazy ports thrown on it without a thought or care and many perform like s**t.

Pricess tend to be a piss take as well.

This is on a Steam sale practically every 3 months along with every other game bundled up.

But still... it's nice to see a quality game get a spotlight on it. Starwars as a whole, has become so engulfed in bullshit now.

Dark Forces II could be released, it's an even better game.

-

They also hold the rights to Lucasarts Outlaws as well, which barely sold a pittance and nary a soul has heard of, what a great game that is. Deserves to be played by more people for sure.

#24 Posted by tocool340 (21386 posts) -

Still would've preferred a Rouge Squadron, but I suppose that will do...

#25 Posted by FinalFighters (3214 posts) -

Good, Now can we get KOTOR please..

#26 Posted by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

"Scratches head" I already have Jedi Outcast on PC like years ago and with the Lightsaber dismembering mod to go with it. Why would I buy an inferior game for the Switch?

Something's off with this thread.

#27 Posted by pyro1245 (5238 posts) -

Jedi Outcast is best Jedi Knight

....and now there is a new definitive worst way to play it....

#28 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Another PC game that console gamers don't care about is suddenly great because it's playable on their console.

It's funny, I actually played this a few weeks ago. I do love being infinitely backwards compatible on PC.

#29 Posted by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:
@pelvist said:

It's funny, I actually played this a few weeks ago. I do love being infinitely backwards compatible on PC.

It is still kinda annoying with alot of pc games (specifically Steam) where older games are dumped on it practically broken, left for users to fix.

I mean I was playing the Steam version of Gothic 2 last week, and had to spent at least half an hour patching that shit. When right across the road on GOG, that thing works from the get go.

Definitively something Valve has gotten away with for far too long.

#30 Posted by DaVillain- (37989 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@pelvist said:

It is still kinda annoying with alot of pc games (specifically Steam) where older games are dumped on it practically broken, left for users to fix.

And this is the reason why I go to GoG for anything that's older for 2/3 gens cause at least, they do fix and make sure games work with current PC tech wise.

#31 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@pelvist said:

And this is the reason why I go to GoG for anything that's older for 2/3 gens cause at least, they do fix and make sure games work with current PC tech wise.

Yeah back in the day I would sort of enjoy going into the .ini files and such and editing it to make it work, but now I just feel a bit exasperated, like "Really? I still have to do this?" hahaha.

It's usually not that bad. But yeah, thank god for GoG. And widescreengaming website. Love me some Deus Ex at resolutions they probably didn't dream of in 2000.

#32 Posted by MirkoS77 (14460 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Not sure I'd pay more than $10- 15 for this, but again, we'll see how it turns out. I'm finding indies are where it's at for both value and quality of transition. Ori coming up on the 27th, 60 fps locked, 720p portable which ain't shabby for such a game. Mark Of The Ninja's port was trash which was a massive let down. Awesome game, but sub 30 fps and it doesn't even demand all that much.

#33 Posted by WitIsWisdom (5357 posts) -

Just give us KotOR 3.... everything else sucks. Well... the original 2 Battlefronts were good... unlike the last two which gargled a sack of bull nuts.

#34 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8701 posts) -

@pelvist said:

I said it already in this thread, but I can confidently say that this version will use the recent updated patch 1.04 if it has multiplayer. This patch is horrible as it slows down multiplayer to a snail pace. I would not get this on consoles because of that.

Also, to me this is the best star wars game with battlefront in second, but opinions...

#35 Posted by SaltSlasher (1303 posts) -

You realize Xbox already has had a bunch of them games for awhile now:

Jedi Academy

Jedi Starfighter

OG Battlefront 2

Force Unleashed 1 and 2

Star Wars Legos Complete Legacy

Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2

^-Non-Xbox owners just wouldn't know of such things cause they forgot about last gen with their PS4 and Switch doo hickeys, and damn sure forgot about 2 gens ago, but OG Xbox still kicking bra.

#36 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

I can play this on the go wherever I want yeah I'm in and no PC YOUR OUT YOUR OUT!

#NintendoSwitch 9/24

I find it funny how suddenly PC is bad when laptops have been able to play this "on the go" since day 1 and can still play it to this day, and yet here we are 16 years later, and Nintendo Switch is getting it...and PC is somehow worse?

The irony is, of course, that whenever the next Nintendo handheld comes out, it probably won't be backwards compatible, so you won't be able to keep playing it, meanwhile 20, 30, 40 years on down the road PC will still be able to.

Just make the jump to PC, dude. You know you want to. You don't need to game on the go, that's what books are for.

#37 Edited by uninspiredcup (34917 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

#NintendoSwitch 9/24

I find it funny how suddenly PC is bad when laptops have been able to play this "on the go" since day 1 and can still play it to this day, and yet here we are 16 years later, and Nintendo Switch is getting it...and PC is somehow worse?

The irony is, of course, that whenever the next Nintendo handheld comes out, it probably won't be backwards compatible, so you won't be able to keep playing it, meanwhile 20, 30, 40 years on down the road PC will still be able to.

Just make the jump to PC, dude. You know you want to. You don't need to game on the go, that's what books are for.

I think it's because it's literally the only thing anything close to approaching a pro Switch users can come up with.

I believe they call that, D? Desp? Desperation? Something like that.

#38 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8701 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: I still have my old physical copy of this game, and that shit still works! I still got a digital copy for 2 dollars though because why not.

#39 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@mrbojangles25: I still have my old physical copy of this game, and that shit still works! I still got a digital copy for 2 dollars though because why not.

Yeah when Steam or GoG packages 20+ years of Star Wars games and sells it for less than the cost of a new game (a lot less, in fact), you're not going to not buy it, right?

That reminds me I need to try out Tie Fighter again.

#40 Posted by VagrantSnow (376 posts) -

But does it come with the movie battles 2 mod?

#41 Edited by ronvalencia (28230 posts) -

@ProtossRushX:

PC has Star Wars The Old Republic Online.

"Jedi Knight II" plays fine on Windows Tablets with Intel Skylake IGP e.g. Surface Pro 4 and above.

I have Star Wars The Old Republic Online on my 2-in-1 tablet-laptop and I can use Hotel's WiFi.