Switch exclusive Disagea 6 getting mixed reviews (73 MC)

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/disgaea-6-defiance-of-destiny

Damn, first Mario Golf, now D6, Switch has been getting some middle of the road games lately. I wonder if the streak will extend to Skyward Sword HD? 🤔

Will you be checking this game out,SW? I'm a pass for now.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

It's really good, like all the other ones.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

Just you wait until Dread comes out. It will define poop games.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda game by far. I won't touch the port with a 10ft pole and expect it to hit the 70's score wise... maybe even the 60's given the amiibo scandal.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

It's not like Nintendo developed it.

It's an Atlus game that received no hype whatsoever. Good score considering.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts
@Telekill said:

Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda game by far. I won't touch the port with a 10ft pole and expect it to hit the 70's score wise... maybe even the 60's given the amiibo scandal.

Possibly, but it will also probably sell millions.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44138 Posts

Eh, haven’t really been following this and know very little about the franchise. Have Disgaea: D2 A Brighter Darkness for the PS3 but barely played any of it at all and that’s the extent of my experience with the franchise. This new one seems like an ok game but I doubt that I’ll ever get around to picking it up myself.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic

@Telekill: it's Zelda, I doubt it gets less than a 9 lol

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#9 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Telekill: it's Zelda, I doubt it gets less than a 9 lol

Unless your name is either Jeff Gerstmann or Tom McShea!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

The demo was rough, I dont think dev actually afforded time to finish the game cause major fps dips is really frequent in this game. Too bad seems like its still an issue with final product and performance mode make everything blurry

I think dev probably down ported from the PS4 ver that only released in Japan. Either way unfortunate but not buying, really weird buying Disgaea on Nintendo I prefer my collection to be all PS only please.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Damn I didn't even know the game was releasing soon, let alone today. I'll probably wind up getting it either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:

The demo was rough, I dont think dev actually afforded time to finish the game cause major fps dips is really frequent in this game. Too bad seems like its still an issue with final product and performance mode make everything blurry

I think dev probably down ported from the PS4 ver that only released in Japan. Either way unfortunate but not buying, really weird buying Disgaea on Nintendo I prefer my collection to be all PS only please.

Balance mode looks and runs great in the final game, I'm playing it right now. Yeah, it must be weird seeing third party Japanese support for PS5 leaving in droves--MHR, MHS2, now Disgaea franchise... what's next?

Personally I love seeing them where they belong: on Nintendo systems. :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I thought sales is the only thing that matters?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sakaiXx

@shadyacshuns said:
@sakaixx said:

Balance mode looks and runs great in the final game, I'm playing it right now. Yeah, it must be weird seeing third party Japanese support for PS5 leaving in droves--MHR, MHS2, now Disgaea franchise... what's next?

Unfortunate. Not only games held back on everything because its on Nintendo, the games somehow gotten worse. Ah why am so surprised, Nintendo audience is casuals and non gamer my bad. So sorry you playing gimped, low quality version of games, enjoy ~~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@sakaixx said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@sakaixx said:

Unfortunate. Not only games held back on everything because its on Nintendo, the games somehow gotten worse. Ah why am so surprised, Nintendo audience is casuals and non gamer my bad. So sorry you playing gimped, low quality version of games, enjoy ~~

They were held back on PS systems too, not being on PC. But your tears are still delicious when you resort to attacking a fanbase instead of talking games and systems. ho ho

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sakaiXx

@shadyacshuns said:
@sakaixx said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@sakaixx said:

They were held back on PS systems too, not being on PC. But your tears are still delicious when you resort to attacking a fanbase instead of talking games and systems. ho ho

Funny those games usually on PC alongside console releases and I am all for no cross gen release. Unfortunately no tears, I have a switch and knows how terrible gaming multiplat games on it 😉. Imagine playing games on Switch when other better version exist who does that?... oh you sheep lol.

Oh well as said, played the demo and game performance sucked, no buy. Lucky sheep like you exists that buys unfinished games cause its on Nintendo. Everyone is happy dont have to try so hard to please this casual community ~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

That's some weak trolling. lol

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

More low budget garbage for the Switch. It seems like no one in the industry can deliver bangers anymore except for Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23904 Posts

Not surprised, not even fans of Disgaea seem to like it.

They gutted a lot of the classes, (only 3 monster classes in total iirc), and the game is so easy you can just beat it by letting the AI do everything for you. Luigi's new favorite game?

They did do some good things though like cutting out a lot of the feature bloat the series was infamous for. But it still felt like a half finished game for those who did play the Japanese version.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yeah overrated Movie games you can watch on YouTube. 🤣

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#21 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Really enjoying Fire Emblem Three Houses in undocked mode. Prefer that over Disgaea 5. I won’t touch Disgaea 6.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Never played a Disgaea. Wont start now.

Mario Tennis? I guess you mean Golf? Those have always been pretty average games.

Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda ever made. I will for sure not get that game either.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidGame_basic

@Litchie said:

Mario Tennis? I guess you mean Golf? Those have always been pretty average games.

Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda ever made. I will for sure not get that game either.

Golf, Tennis, same thing lol jk

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Litchie said:

Golf, Tennis, same thing lol jk

Both are meh. Bring back Strikers and I'm game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Reviewers must have mistaken it for a Xbox game. lol :P

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

Even the Nintendo bump can't save this one.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

@shadyacshuns said:

you bought it and beat it why is it at 73 critically if its as good as 5 which was like 80 or 90?

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Played nearly all the disgaea games including disgaea infinite and the prinny handheld games. However, for disgaea 5 i only beat the campaign and that was it. I just don't have time to sink into this franchise like before, sadly. I may decide to get disgaea 6 but the mixed reviews and art style certainly aren't motivating me.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

@zerothehero said:
@shadyacshuns said:

you bought it and beat it why is it at 73 critically if its as good as 5 which was like 80 or 90?

Do you think most gamers give a care about review scores? The only ones that do care are the fanboys and those who want to seek validation on what they purchase.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ZeroTheHero

@onesiphorus said:
@zerothehero said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Do you think most gamers give a care about review scores? The only ones that do care are the fanboys and those who want to seek validation on what they purchase.

Well I'm a disgaea fanboy since the PS2 days and the bad reviews and art style im skipping this one and im hardcore disgaea fan from the original.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@zerothehero said:
@onesiphorus said:
@zerothehero said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Well I'm a disgaea fanboy since the PS2 days and the bad reviews and art style im skipping this one and im hardcore disgaea fan from the original.

You're just as bad as the other PS fanboy that was cryin' about it "not being on pwaystation wah" which is why you're harping on what most would consider good scores.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Just you wait until Dread comes out. It will define poop games.

That's why it's called Metroid Dread, it's going to be a dreadful game lols

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I guess they couldn't put as many resources behind the development since they were only targeting the Switch.

Dumb dumb dumb

Nintendo killed Disgaea. Shame.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ZeroTheHero

@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:
@onesiphorus said:
@zerothehero said:

You're just as bad as the other PS fanboy that was cryin' about it "not being on pwaystation wah" which is why you're harping on what most would consider good scores.

Maybe check out the new awful art style it looks like saturday morning cartoon now instead of a japanese anime yeah but thats all good right? the designs are big an ugly cartoony and don't look striking anymore thx switch and thx people like you who praise this trash.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sakaiXx

@pyro1245: its multiplat in japan but exclusive in west. Shame people got the worst version in west.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@zerothehero said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:
@onesiphorus said:
@zerothehero said:

Maybe check out the new awful art style it looks like saturday morning cartoon now instead of a japanese anime yeah but thats all good right? the designs are big an ugly cartoony and don't look striking anymore thx switch and thx people like you who praise this trash.

"waah it's not on pwaytaton waah!" cry more

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZeroTheHero

@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:
@onesiphorus said:

"waah it's not on pwaytaton waah!" cry more

I own a switch but wouldn't touch this on any system ill stick to disgaea 5 on ps4/switch instead

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@pyro1245: its multiplat in japan but exclusive in west. Shame people got the worst version in west.

Wow that's even dumber than I thought 🤔

Either way they knew they would be severely limiting the reach of the product. It would only make sense to limit the resources spent on development.

I've played every main Disgaea game ever since I randomly bought the first one on PS2. I guess I will just continue to ignore this one for now.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sakaiXx

@pyro1245 said:
@sakaixx said:

Wow that's even dumber than I thought 🤔

Either way they knew they would be severely limiting the reach of the product. It would only make sense to limit the resources spent on development.

I've played every main Disgaea game ever since I randomly bought the first one on PS2. I guess I will just continue to ignore this one for now.

They usually releases 2 version of the game. 1 base game + paid dlc and another releasing on another platform at later date with all dlc bundled in. Expecting PC/or PS version later with all dlc included, hopefully.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

More low budget garbage for the Switch. It seems like no one in the industry can deliver bangers anymore except for Sony Interactive Entertainment.

The game released on PS4 first.

I guess the take-home message is that developers should stop porting Sony's terrible lineup to other platforms?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

Although Metacritic as a concept is bullshit, that score is positive when look at it logically and not the gamer logic of anything below 80% the worst thing ever.

Not that actually give a shit about the reviewers opinions.