Switch estimated to reach 200M lifetime sales!

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

One big question involves whether the fervor for the Switch will be sustainable. Global sales will reach at least 200 million units, about twice as many as for the Wii, according to one estimate. Nintendo sees its operating profit more than quintupling to 160 billion yen this fiscal year.

Source

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I highly doubt it'll reach 200 million. But easily over 100m.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I highly doubt that.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

You shouldn't make predictions and guesses when you're smoking crack.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Hahahahaha......... It would need a very healthy and stead supply of games to get there, which it will not have.

It's already started to become abandoned by 3rd party developers and by the time PS5/Xbone 2 hit in a few years it'll be too weak to even consider porting games to it which will completely remove any remaining 3rd party support from the big dev teams.

And I don't give a flying fart what people say, Switch will not sell those kind of numbers on Nintendo games alone.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@scatteh316: It’s already started to become abandoned by third parties since when? These manic meltdowns of yours are causing you to talk bullshit me thinks.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol it will sell alot..but 200mil?...I highly doubt it, but I am happy to be wrong. :P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

@scatteh316: It’s already started to become abandoned by third parties since when? These manic meltdowns of yours are causing you to talk bullshit me thinks.

lol, did you miss yesterdays video where they showed a lot of indies? Or are you talking about 3rd party AAA?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scatteh316

@Sgt_Crow said:

You need to come out of that fantasy land you live in...

Electronic Arts isn't sold on the Switch. EA CFO Blake Jorgensen told the Wall Street Journal this week that the company is waiting until the system has been on shelves a full year before it makes a decision about developing more games for it beyond the recently released FIFA 18.

The Switch launched in March, while FIFA 18 arrived in September. Jorgensen told the site that EA wants "to fully understand what the demand is" on Nintendo's console before investing further in the system. EA may not be developing any other Switch games, but it has committed to publishing a Switch version of the adventure game Fe next year as part of its EA Originals program.

EA is not the only big publisher hesitant to embrace the Switch. Activision Blizzard was present at the system's launch with a port of Skylanders Imaginators, but has not announced any further support for the system.

There's reports every where, even Nintendo fans across various forums have made threads voicing concern over the lack of support......

In fact... why don't you compare the games EA, Ubisoft and all the other big 3rd party developers have planned this year for PS4/Xbone and compare that to what they have for Switch...... What you'll see is a massive difference between support.

Where's COD? Battlefield/Battlefront? Assassins Creed? RDR2? Far Cry 5?....... Switch has NONE of those..

Switch is just too weak to run the big AAA game engines these games run on so it just won't get them and that is already apparent.

So yes I'm talking bull shit........ Or just the truth and butt hurt fan boys like you don't like the truth.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2063 Posts

That's a bold prediction but with Switch looking to fill demand from Nintendo's homeconsole and mobile markets it's possible. I know the switch has sold well as is and it's still lacking certain key IP's like Pokemon which will undoubtedly drive a spike in demand.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

100m is stretching. 75-80m sure.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

It's already selling less than x1, and that's "a dead console with no games,"

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Gtfo, it will barely reach 100 mil probably less.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@vfighter: I'd rather people who smoke crack stay inside on their computer making sales predictions than what people on crack actually tend to do

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sgt_Crow

@scatteh316 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

Me? Now that's rich. Nowhere is it apparent that third parties are "abandoning" (your words) the Switch. Actually, the third party support is doing rather well and will certainly only increase as Switch sales keep growing. Indies are doing best on Switch and there is a constant stream of quality titles being released on the eShop. Meanwhile, off the top of my head since these are third party games I'm interested in, Switch will get South Park, Little Nightmares, Dark Souls, Crash Bandicoot, Octopath Traveler, Bayonetta 3, Diablo 3, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Dragon Quest XI, Hollow Knight, new Tales of game, SMT 5, Okami HD, Steep, The World Ends With You, No More Heroes 3, Undertale, and Wolfenstein 2 this year among many, MANY others. Just wait until they announce Fortnite this year.

So no. No matter how you spin it inside your little fantasy world, third party's abandoning Switch is just something you made up. Sure, it could use MORE third party support, but it's the totally opposite of being abandoned.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Impossible. Sales are beggining to dwindle, the ps4 has been outselling it for months and the ps4 might not even reach 120 million. Nothing will come close to ps2 numbers... oh and the ps2 didn't even break past 160.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 scatteh316

@Sgt_Crow said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

Me? Now that's rich. Nowhere is it apparent that third parties are "abandoning" (your words) the Switch. Actually, the third party support is doing rather well and will certainly only increase as Switch sales keep growing. Indies are doing best on Switch and there is a constant stream of quality titles being released on the eShop. Meanwhile, off the top of my head since these are third party games I'm interested in, Switch will get South Park, Little Nightmares, Dark Souls, Crash Bandicoot, Octopath Traveler, Bayonetta 3, Diablo 3, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Dragon Quest XI, Hollow Knight, new Tales of game, SMT 5, Okami HD, Steep, The World Ends With You, No More Heroes 3, Undertale, and Wolfenstein 2 this year among many, MANY others. Just wait until they announce Fortnite this year.

So no. No matter how you spin it inside your little fantasy world, third party's abandoning Switch is just something you made up. Sure, it could use MORE third party support, but it's the totally opposite of being abandoned.

You sir, are beyond help.

Enjoy your console and it's ports.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Does anybody know how many Switches are being sold in China? Oh they are not sold to China yet. Interesting.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sgt_Crow

@scatteh316 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. You've got nothing.
Half of those games isn't even a port. Lmao.

Scatteh does it again.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. You've got nothing.

Half of those games isn't even a port. Lmao.

Scatteh does it again.

I think actually people are surprised it's getting the support it is?

Trolling use to be an art.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#21 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41525 Posts

@scatteh316: Dude, it's EA. Not sure people care that a company that goes so far with their own greed dropped the Switch. Besides, that was one company out of several still on board?

Hell, Gearbox's Randy Pitchford cried when he didn't get a Switch development kit, when after the Colonial Marines fiasco, no one cared.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Loooil I love my Switch but come on now.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

It's already fizzling out. I would be amazed if they sell more than 50M.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#24 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@scatteh316: maybe they are waiting for the bigger game cards

Has that ever crossed your mind and cod is cod and i highly doubt thats one people want lol sure cod has its fans but i would

Rather 007

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:

Does anybody know how many Switches are being sold in China? Oh they are not sold to China yet. Interesting.

Better questions is, can the switch be the first console in china to sell 20,000 units? lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

While I’m not sure if it’ll reach those heights I think that it would be pretty awesome if it did. As for third parties “abandoning” the Switch I seriously doubt that to be the case. In fact I would imagine that many third parties are now trying to increase their support for the system given its success. I think most were surprised by the system’s sales and are now getting onboard with it. This of course will take a bit of time but I imagine we’ll start seeing more and more of their projects shown off in the very near future.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7244 Posts

It is way too early to make a prediction like that.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't think there's any way it will sell that many.

But...

@scatteh316 said:
Where's COD? Battlefield/Battlefront? Assassins Creed? RDR2? Far Cry 5?....... Switch has NONE of those..

Sounds like a must-have system then :-P

Seriously, the 3rd party support is actually increasing, not decreasing. The fact that it's not getting that generic regurgitated stuff (yes, due to power. What of it?) does not mean it isn't getting 3rd party support. You also seem to be confused about the fact that 3rd party support doesn't even need to be multiplatform at all - games like Mario + Rabbids are 3rd party support.

Will be interesting to see how Ark runs on it, since that game runs like doo-doo-butter on every other system...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think it will start to be less competitive in the west when Sony and MS'es next-gen systems come out. For now, it is in clear waters, but it will sell like a handheld in its most challenging markets at the worst of times, which is still damn good of course. 200 million? That's way over-optimistic. Such a prediction is held up on the premise that Switch will never have challenges or flops from time to time, which all systems do.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Switch will be lucky to break 20 Million sales. They won’t even come close to 200 Million. I want whatever drugs he is on.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Switch will be lucky to break 20 Million sales. They won’t even come close to 200 Million. I want whatever drugs he is on.

lol

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Dumb ass cow quote of the day. Seriously what is wrong with you cows lately. You guys are becoming beyond ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#33 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lol keep dreaming... it wont happen

Not even the PS4 will manage to reach those numbers

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Ahhhh, no. It will do very well though.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1845 Posts

Can you imagine if it sold 200 million though? It would be history in the making. Though I doubt it. I estimate it to sell around 100-130 million. Though if it sells 200 million, then hats off to Nintendo for making the greatest console.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

Listen, the guy thinks that Pokemon selling 10 million is a pipe dream. He's not to be taken seriously. Though, neither is the analyst making this prediction...

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
EyeBoonsEyebrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EyeBoonsEyebrow
Member since 2018 • 280 Posts

100 million is doable

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Techhog89

@bigfootpart2 said:

It's already fizzling out. I would be amazed if they sell more than 50M.

It's not showing any signs of lost momentum. It'll break 50 million shipped by March 2020. You can quote me on that

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

LMAO, funny thread.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Yeah let's call that a bold prediction.

(get it?)

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#41 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

That's a big number. Also, are they figuring in a Switch 2.0 model?

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3476 Posts

*chuckles*

3SidedSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 3SidedSquare
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

Not 200M, but it'll outsell PS4 and XBone easily.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

I see no reason why it couldn't. It's well on its way to reaching those numbers.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts
@vfighter said:

You shouldn't make predictions and guesses when you're smoking crack.

I agree.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2925 Posts

@3SidedSquare: Easily outsell PS4 and Xbox? Not so sure about that. Anyway, 200 million units sold is unrealistic.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

As i said numerous times, its not how many Switch products will get sold rather than for how long Nintendo is willing to sustain support for Switch. The last thing we want is another Wii. Great sales ... life support 4 years games wise.

Other than that 200M sounds too good but hey you never ever know.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Techhog89
@emgesp said:

LMAO, funny thread.

There are two sides to every coin, and your 35 million prediction remains the other side to this one. I think you've realized that though, since you weren't willing to commit to anything other than "less than 3DS" on Resetera.

Either way, you should start saving for that Switch you'll have to buy as "punishment" next year. ;)

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Depends on how long they keep it in the market, and if it's going to replace there handheld.

I could see it getting second life when they push a new switch forwards and throw the current switch as handheld forwards.

But i don't think any console has 200m in it at this point in time.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@stuff238 said:

Hahahahaha!