SW Magazine #64 - Winners of the SW Awards to be announced shortly

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

January 17nd, 2013 - Issue 64 - @swm_magazine

swm-5th.png

Letter from the Editor:

Cows are hating on Devil May Cry because it used to be a PS2 series that now has it's inferior version on PS3. I thought you guys didn't even want the game.

- Willy, Sheep in Charge

2.png

System Wars Magazine is looking for System Warriors to join the fray! PM Willy105 to join, or send donuts to poor old GUFU.

HOW THE Wii U LAUNCH SAVED GAMESTOP

2.png

Who said the Wii U was a flop?

PREVIEW: DON'T STARVE

2.png

Today I burnt down the whole forestoops.

REVIEW: DAWNGUARD (SKYRIM DLC)

2.png

Being a vampire lord is not as amazing as it sounds.

REVIEW: RAGE - THE SCORCHERS

2.png

How about a cup of RAGE....DLC?

DOES POKEMON X AND Y LOOK LIKE AN N64 GAME?

2.png

Who brought back the 90's?

screenshot_the-lake-line_47-80463-121-531722309-5.png

legal3.gif

Avatar image for superfalcon1234
superfalcon1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 superfalcon1234
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

but the 90s games are the best games ever :P

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
excellent work team!!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
Good job William.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

cCHgF.jpg

Here are the results from the previous issue's poll. The War Z squeaked by as the dumbest of the bunch, but it looks like there were plenty of differing opinions.

So to everyone who voted (or if you didn't): Why did you pick what you picked? I'm quite curious to hear your reasonings. I personally went with the Eurogamer scandal because it served as a clear reminder that the way video gaming journalism is set up is inherently flawed. Not to say that all of it is corrupt, but the fact that there exists a clear conflict of interests between reporters and the publishers who provide them their material to critique is something that gamers should remain critical of. Any of the poll options are good candidates, though, so feel free to share your own opinions.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

cCHgF.jpg

Here are the results from the previous issue's poll. The War Z squeaked by as the dumbest of the bunch, but it looks like there were plenty of differing opinions.

So to everyone who voted (or if you didn't): Why did you pick what you picked? I'm quite curious to hear your reasonings. I personally went with the Eurogamer scandal because it served as a clear reminder that the way video gaming journalism is set up is inherently flawed. Not to say that all of it is corrupt, but the fact that there exists a clear conflict of interests between reporters and the publishers who provide them their material to critique is something that gamers should remain critical of. Any of the poll options are good candidates, though, so feel free to share your own opinions.

1PMrFister
I'm suprised that the ARMA dev imprisonment and the death of 38 Studios weren't on the poll. They were some of the biggest fvck ups of the seventh gen. Oh and great job with this month's issue. :D
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1PMrFister

I'm suprised that the ARMA dev imprisonment and the death of 38 Studios weren't on the poll. They were some of the biggest fvck ups of the seventh gen. Oh and great job with this month's issue. :DTheDidact
I didn't realize I had forgotten about the Arma dev imprisonment until after I had posted the article. I ended up not going back and adding it because 1.) details on it were rather vague and 2.) it was more of a dumb political moment than a dumb gaming one. The only thing tying it into video games was that the people arrested happened to be game developers.

This is actually the first time I've heard of 38 Studios being shut down. Maybe if I had played Kingdoms of Amalur, I would have considered adding something about them.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

[QUOTE="TheDidact"]I'm suprised that the ARMA dev imprisonment and the death of 38 Studios weren't on the poll. They were some of the biggest fvck ups of the seventh gen. Oh and great job with this month's issue. :D1PMrFister

I didn't realize I had forgotten about the Arma dev imprisonment until after I had posted the article. I ended up not going back and adding it because 1.) details on it were rather vague and 2.) it was more of a dumb political moment than a dumb gaming one. The only thing tying it into video games was that the people arrested happened to be game developers.

This is actually the first time I've heard of 38 Studios being shut down. Maybe if I had played Kingdoms of Amalur, I would have considered adding something about them.

Basically, Curt Schilling, the pitcher that helped win the first world series in decades for the Red Sox blew all his money on the company and hired a million dollar writer for the game. It underperformed so hard that Schilling went broke and is in debt to both the governments of Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts
I give props to the guys who made Kingdom of Amalur for hiring the composer for the Rareware games. Wanted to get the game just to hear the music.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1PMrFister
I give props to the guys who made Kingdom of Amalur for hiring the composer for the Rareware games. Wanted to get the game just to hear the music. Willy105
David Wise? Okay, now I want to play this game.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
Good job William. Heil68
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

It also doesn't help that people keep bloating up pictures of a handheld game...

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

Just stop with this atrocity

ThePlatypus101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ThePlatypus101
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts
Nice reviews better then some I have seen on this website.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Please... Pokemon is a SOLID Super FX game.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#17 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I'm not a 100% satisfied about my reviews as I had to write them in a hurry, so I hope you guys still like them.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 1PMrFister

I'm not a 100% satisfied about my reviews as I had to write them in a hurry, so I hope you guys still like them.

DraugenCP
At least you had stuff for this issue. All I can do is try to hijack the topic about stuff I had in the last issue.