Super Smash Bros....Strife?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
Its a good name. I hope its real. If its a cafe launch title that may justify a purchase.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

when it comes to ssb i heard mix things

the director said he thought about ending the series with brawl

then he said he wanted to do 1 last game

idk, i think it's possible i hope it happens

and that doesnt look real

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#53 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

While anything is possible, that would be interesting for the title.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#54 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Fake, but I'm sure there is a new SSB game in the works and we might see it next week.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
I just hope it's true. But... Cafe or 3DS?
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Megaman confirmed for Strife!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#57 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Megaman confirmed for Strife! SAGE_OF_FIRE
That would be ace.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#58 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
I'm sorry, I just cannot believe it for fear of having my hopes crushed...
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 khoofia_pika
I'm sorry, I just cannot believe it for fear of having my hopes crushed...charizard1605
Look into your heart, you know it to be true.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#60 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts
I'd rather ssb be on the 3ds before cafe. SAGE_OF_FIRE
No, I think Smash is best as a console only thing to be honest.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#61 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Megaman confirmed for Strife! SAGE_OF_FIRE
It has to happen. Right? Who else are they putting in there at this point? They're running out of Nintendo characters that make sense.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Strife? I mean, a new smash bros would kick ass but...Strife? they run out of the good homophones for a fight in 2 games?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I think it's fake....With that being said I think it's a fair guess that Nintendo will come out with a new SSBB game for either the 3DS or the Wii2. So either way I can't wait to be playing it.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Super Smash Bros. (Cloud) Strife!

lol :P

But for real that List of games actually looks kinda believable.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Strife? I mean, a new smash bros would kick ass but...Strife? they run out of the good homophones for a fight in 2 games?

Unless this is real I'm 99% sure they're going with Clash next time.
smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

OMG if that FF:CC game is real.......droool

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]Megaman confirmed for Strife! Cherokee_Jack
It has to happen. Right? Who else are they putting in there at this point? They're running out of Nintendo characters that make sense.

Make sense? Nintendo has so many characters they can just fit into it... What makes "sense" in SSB? :P Prepare for more Fox Clones and Fire Emblem warriors... :twisted:
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

I'd be completely pumped for a new SSB game, especially with a new director.

Think: SSB with real leaderboards and hundreds of classic Nintendo playable characters... a man could only dream.

peterw007
Not to mention online that doesnt suck or lag like a mother :P
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

The terrible title of the game makes me think that it has to be fake.

Come on, strife? Nintendo can do better than that.

DJ-Lafleur
Melee? Brawl? Strife? is follows a pattern. but the logo is pretty crap. probably fake. shame. Smash Bros comeptitive online would be a cafe seller if there ever was one. to the core crowd at least.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
probably fake but still excited as super smash bros is a fantastic series
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Cherokee_Jack
What makes "sense" in SSB? :Pyoshi_64
Characters that people care about, and who have a lot of personality and the potential for a fresh moveset. So basically not Lucas.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Strife? I mean, a new smash bros would kick ass but...Strife? they run out of the good homophones for a fight in 2 games?

I mean really we still got tons of other ones. Fisticuffs Duel Rumble Toss-about Beat-down Combat Fray Engagement Skirmish Scuffle Tussle Riot and many more! but they pick Strife!?
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Strife? I mean, a new smash bros would kick ass but...Strife? they run out of the good homophones for a fight in 2 games?

I mean really we still got tons of other ones. Fisticuffs Duel Rumble Toss-about Beat-down Combat Fray Engagement Skirmish Scuffle Tussle Riot and many more! but they pick Strife!?

Smash Bros Fisticuffs.... would be so awesome.
tccavey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tccavey2
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Strife? I mean, a new smash bros would kick ass but...Strife? they run out of the good homophones for a fight in 2 games?Birdy09

:lol:

Smash Bros: Toss-about

Sounds intense

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Strife? I mean, a new smash bros would kick ass but...Strife? they run out of the good homophones for a fight in 2 games?Birdy09

All characters would be required to have a dignified british tone.

Gentlemen...

On a more serious note...how does he hold a teacup with boxing gloves?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Strife? I mean, a new smash bros would kick ass but...Strife? they run out of the good homophones for a fight in 2 games?

Donnybrook. Clearly the word they're looking for.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]What makes "sense" in SSB? :PCherokee_Jack
Characters that people care about, and who have a lot of personality and the potential for a fresh moveset. So basically not Lucas.

The only characters I want is

Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment) or Isa Jo (Sin & Punishment: Star Successor) They can't use both because Isa Jo is Saki's son.

Saki Amamiya

Isa Jo

John Raimi (Geist) It would be funny having a character from an M rated Nintendo game in Super Smash Bros.

John Raimi

Ninja_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ninja_Odin
Member since 2011 • 386 Posts
Wetehr it's FAKE or not does it actually matter? A new SB game will obviosuly come out in the near Future. After the abomination that was Brawl i'm hoping they do things right, being on a console that isn't going to have **** online is a good start.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#79 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
It looks fake but if a new SSB game was announced at E3 then that would be brilliant.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Fake. But expected to be announced alongside Cafe. Considering I've liked every smash bros past the first less and less, can't say I'm excited.
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

Oh and some other Cafe rumors:

ESRB Leak!? E3 Games reel for Nintendo's.... "Current"?
http://www.destructoid.com/let-s-talk-about-the-games-that-may-come-to-project-cafe-201762.phtml

One of the more popular Project Cafe rumors going around right now comes from someone who claims to work for the ESRB, an agency which is tasked to rate the appropriateness of everything vidoegame related, even the trailers.This ESRB employee claims to have seen the video that Nintendo will be showing at E3 to promote Project Cafe --or, as they call it, "Current" -- and the list of games they've named from the video is pretty astounding.

This list includes: a new mini-game collection, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. 4, Endless Ocean, Pikmin, Kirby, a new Zelda collection, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario., Dead Rising 2, Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 "or something that looked like it," Silent Hill Downpour, a new Suda51 game that is "not No More Heroes" but is about "something hunting demons," "some mech game," Trauma Center: Current Crisis, Soul Calibur, Tekken, GTA V, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, "some Metal Gear Solid game where you play as a girl," "some cyber punk game" that looks like Snatcher, Gradius, Contra, Castlevania, and "Fallout 3 or 4."

So yeah, that's a pretty insane list. It's hard to believe that any of it's real, but seeing as the 3DS had a new Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Assassin's Creed, two Resident Evil games, Contra, Castlevania, Street Fighter, Zelda, Persona, and many other games announced in conjunction with the console's initial reveal at E3 2010, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to somehow get that many third parties to back them out of the gate with their next home console. It especially makes sense to see so many titles from Konami, Namco, and Capcom, who were strong early supporters of the Wii as well.

Mini editorial time -- third parties largely avoided putting their AAA titles on the Wii, and as such, they lost out on potential revenue from the Wii's 70+ million unit user base. We've heard third parties say time and time again that when they Wii took off in popularity, that they were "caught with their pants down."I'm guessing that with Project Cafe, those same third parties will be sure not to make the same mistake twice.

22Toothpicks

That list couldn't be more fake, all they've done is listed all the big games.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
After Brawl, there really doesn't need to be another SSB game. If they try putting in any more characters, the balance will just go out the window and be impossible to maintain. Plus, I wish they would stop trying to make it into a fighter.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

It's not that bad. Imagine Reggie saying it.... yep, I can imagine that.
Avatar image for LombaxWarrior11
LombaxWarrior11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LombaxWarrior11
Member since 2011 • 85 Posts

Roy

Mega Man

Travis

MEWTWO - I want to kill him with Ike already!

Baby Bowser (we need another short kid)

The MC's from Golden Sun (any of them, even though Issac would be my main choice.)

Put any of these characters in and I'll be fine.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BigBoss255

I want Mewtwo back , Lucario was lame. It will probably be that wolf guy though whatever he's called. I hope they add more Pokemon though and get rid of Ike, Marth, Ness, Lucas and all the Japanese little boys.

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts
[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"] I'm not going to say that it's real but...have any definitive proof of it being fake?22Toothpicks

Well the year of the copyright at the bottom is 2011 and I can guarantee you that this game isn't coming out this year, it's probably not even nearly done being developed. There's no link either to this rumur, it's just some image that some guy photoshoped for kicks like those Smash Bros images where there's a bunch of random characters from random franchises. There's no reason to believe that this isn't fake.

That's a good point about he copyright date. I guess, like all the other rumors, we'll have to wait until E3.

I don't know if it's real or fake, but I disagree with your point on the copyright date. The copyright date shown there doesn't have to represent the copyright of the final version of the game. Nintendo still has to protect their properties even if a game hasn't been released yet. All demos, videos and betas also need to have copy protection so it's likely that the copyright 2011 thing you're seeing only represents the small demo build of the game. Which either was or will be completed in 2011.
Avatar image for LombaxWarrior11
LombaxWarrior11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LombaxWarrior11
Member since 2011 • 85 Posts

[QUOTE="LombaxWarrior11"]

Roy

Mega Man

Travis

The MC's from Golden Sun (any of them, even though Issac would be my main choice.)

BigBoss255

I want Mewtwo back aswell, Lucario was lame. It will probably be that wolf guy though whatever he's called. I hope they add more Pokemon though and get rid of Ike, Marth, Ness, Lucas and all the Japanese little boys.

No need to get rid of ike, he has something all the other strong characters don't have, speed. Compared to DK, Bowser, GanonDORF, and DeeDeeDee, he needs to stay in the game.

Also, if MetaKnight returns, they really need to lower his attack speed. He's a Ninja and an Angel of Death at the same time.

DSmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DSmon
Member since 2009 • 2220 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"] [QUOTE="LombaxWarrior11"]

Roy

Mega Man

Travis

LombaxWarrior11

I want Mewtwo back aswell, Lucario was lame. It will probably be that wolf guy though whatever he's called. I hope they add more Pokemon though and get rid of Ike, Marth, Ness, Lucas and all the Japanese little boys.

No need to get rid of ike, he has something all the other strong characters don't have, speed. Compared to DK, Bowser, GanonDORF, and DeeDeeDee, he needs to stay in the game.

Also, if MetaKnight returns, they really need to lower his attack speed. He's a Ninja and an Angel of Death at the same time.

I like lke, having a fast, close range attacker is nice. I would like to see Little Mac be in the game and maybe make baby mario and luigi like ice climbers.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts
If they fix their online then I could be interested otherwise I'll pass.
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#90 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts
After Brawl, there really doesn't need to be another SSB game. If they try putting in any more characters, the balance will just go out the window and be impossible to maintain. Plus, I wish they would stop trying to make it into a fighter.foxhound_fox
It sounds like you haven't played any of the games. First, Brawl's online was horrible, we need another ssb for them to get it right. Second, the game is already unbalanced with metaknight. Third, in no way is the developer trying to make it more like a fighter. The only major change they've made over the years is the introduction of the side b attacks, and if you think that's an indication of them trying to make it more of a a fighter then you're wrong. Fourth, It is a fighter.
2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#91 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

I could see this image being real. If Sakurai is developing it, he's the one who decided to call the single player of brawl "subspace emissary".

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Why not a name based on the [likely] improved online, like SSB Arena? Arena fights ought to be far more organized than a brawl. Also has a better ring to it.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Probably fake, but if real, here is to hoping that it doesnt get delayed... again and again and again.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
I'd rather ssb be on the 3ds before cafe. SAGE_OF_FIRE
3DS would be worth it for that, Pokemon 3D and Super Smash Bros.
Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

I hope real, SSBB was the only great game on the Wii. SSBB FOREVER!!!

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

The terrible title of the game makes me think that it has to be fake.

Come on, strife? Nintendo can do better than that.

DJ-Lafleur
Well actally that title makes sense to me. Strife means: vigorous or bitter conflict, discord, or antagonism/ a quarrel, struggle, or clash/ competition or rivalry. Though I some how dout it would get leaked this soon considering how Wii2 (Cafe/ Stream) is still a year and several months away from launching (and that is just assuming it will get to market by the holiday season of 2012). I also dout that if this game IS REAL that it will be a launch title.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#97 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

I hope real, SSBB was the only great game on the Wii. SSBB FOREVER!!!

Hammstray

I found a lot more great games than Brawl. Hell, I even thought Tatsunoko vs Capcom was a MUCH better fighter.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BigBoss255

[QUOTE="LombaxWarrior11"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"] I want Mewtwo back aswell, Lucario was lame. It will probably be that wolf guy though whatever he's called. I hope they add more Pokemon though and get rid of Ike, Marth, Ness, Lucas and all the Japanese little boys.DSmon

I like lke, having a fast, close range attacker is nice. I would like to see Little Mac be in the game and maybe make baby mario and luigi like ice climbers.

I know Ike is a good fighter but I just hate the character, Lucas aswell I just wanna punch that kids brains out. He looks like something a 5 year old drew in class.
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

that's definitely fake. i wouldn't be surprised if another SSB was in the works.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 khoofia_pika
Logically, it should be Super Smash Bros. Collision. On the back of the original Super Smash's cover, the word "melee" was highlighted and it stood out. Same with the word "brawl" on the back of Melee's cover, and now the word "Collision" on the back of Brawl's cover. Or maybe it was "Collide"...