jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

This is the best Smash Bros yet and it is a ton of fun. I think it's miles better than the Wii U game and it literally has EVERYTHING you'd want- characters, stages, music, items, etc.

How are you guys liking the game so far? If you're on the fence about buying it I'd highly suggest doing so. Keep in mind this is all in regards to local and online MP as I haven't done too much of the story/single player stuff yet but so far that part seems pretty lackluster. Also anyone feel free to add me if you want SW-0285-2102-4056

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

This is the best Smash Bros yet and it is a ton of fun. I think it's miles better than the Wii U game and it literally has EVERYTHING you'd want- characters, stages, music, items, etc.

How are you guys liking the game so far? If you're on the fence about buying it I'd highly suggest doing so. Keep in mind this is all in regards to local and online MP as I haven't done too much of the story/single player stuff yet but so far that part seems pretty lackluster. Also anyone feel free to add me if you want SW-0285-2102-4056

i love the ranking sytem GSP(global smash power). now you can see who sucks and who is good. if you get 500,000GSP you unlock elite battle

this also allows for skill based matchmaking. so now i get paired with people of equal skill and i dont get pawned by neckbeards.

ill add you jcarme. im the guy with the jason mask mii.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jcrame10

@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

i love the ranking sytem GSP(global smash power). now you can see who sucks and who is good.

this also allows for skill based matchmaking. so now i get paired with people of equal skill and i dont get pawned by neckbeards.

ill add you jcarme.

is that something about the tags? i skimmed through it when it popped up.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

Glad you're enjoying it. Might pick it up during the week. Make a change from the usual shit.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

I’m really enjoying it. Trying to unlock the characters. I have maybe 16 or so.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I am terribad at these types of games and this is the first Smash I own myself.

I only played a few offline matches as Mario and got some Spirits, I unlocked 2 new fighters already? I heard someone say unlocking fighters is too slow but as a new player it seems rather fast. I don't feel like I know all of Mario's moves really, and I already unlocked 2. I didn't unlock Bowser cause he kicked my ass XD

I guess I'll try and learn what all the moves are for a couple characters and then look up how actual people play this game. Because I bet there's a lot of fun stuff you can do. Like I know I can grab or shield, but I have yet to use grabs effectively. And I noticed you can do several different things after grabbing a ledge but I don't know how yet :P Also I have a tough time recovering if someone beats me off the ledge because it's so easy to do an attack and then you cannot do anything else anymore. Still getting used to that :P

What I love is that there don't seem to be any multibutton/stick twisting combo's. IMO that's the worst part of modern fighting games so I won't miss that.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@jcrame10 said:

i love the ranking sytem GSP(global smash power). now you can see who sucks and who is good.

ill add you jcarme.

is that something about the tags? i skimmed through it when it popped up.

no, go online. when you are in the character select screen to play online you can see your GSP for each character. everybody starts with 183k you either go up or down from there. depending how much you win or lose online.

when you fight someone online after the match ends in the results page you can see the GSP of the people you were playing. however if they go to the menu quickly you might not be fast enough to see their GSP. so be quick.

if you go to spectate matches online the GSP of each character will be visible before that match starts. so you know if your watching noobs or if you are watching pros.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Set the cpu to 8 for an easy first match against the cpu and was taught a lesson.

New physics takes a little getting used too.

Played a few matches online, but an working on unlocking the roster.

I think the roster is opening up a little too quick. I'd rather there be specific tasks to unlock fighters rather than it be on a 10 min timer.

Adventure mode is a let down. I was hoping for a narrative like in brawl but it's just a repetitive slog. Doubt I'll spend much time in it.

Simon Belmont is the best new character. Metaknight is beast mode again. And my boy Pit kicks ass. Still have three or four characters left to unlock. I think my last one was BJ.

Actually it was doc Mario. Guess I only have the goddess left

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

@jcrame10: I'll most likely eventually get the game, but God I have not a good time with previous entries... Perhaps online will change my mind.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jcrame10

@TheEroica: the online is ok. It lags here and there still but it’s much better than the other games in the franchise

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jcrame10

@Nuck81: yeah I miss the old school style to unlock in the other games. Remember having to set your lives to 3 and play on hard in the single player to get Ness? Good times

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10

@KungfuKitten: if you lose against a challenger, you can go into the “games and more” section and open the little golden doors on the bottom right of the screen to rechallenge and unlock them

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@KungfuKitten: if you lose against a challenger, you can go into the “games and more” section and open the little golden doors on the bottom right of the screen to rechallenge and unlock them

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I'm not exactly the best at this (or even remotely good, for that matter) but I've been having a blast trying to unlock everyone (just this second unlocked Ken bringing the roster at 66) and I don't regret the purchase. Will have to try the online for it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcrame10

@KungfuKitten: I lost against Ike and Jigglypuff.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Freaking love it, now if only Nintendo's online wasn't garbage I might be able to enjoy the online portion more.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

Hoping to get a copy this paycheck. Got most of the controllers so I can MP with family (Would like one more wireless Power A controller and I wouldn't mind the GC Switch controller).

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Well damn, forgot it came out today. Suppose I'll be giving it a look late December-early January. Will be buying a Switch alongside it. Hopefully a Switch/Smash Bros. bundle will be circulating around that time....

Or a Zelda BotW bundle at a not-so-ridiculous price where I can get Smash Bros. as a second game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@KungfuKitten: you can cheese most of them. Bait them to get close to the edge of the screen, shield grab them, and toss them out of there. Don't rush in on them.

If they do get you just go after them with your best character.

Greninja was the only one that took me more than three tries and that's because the stupid stage kept gimping me and Greninja spams counter.