Super Smash Bro's Wii-U Possibly DELAYED

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Whether you said all or most the opinion is laughable as it always is when Wii U fans claim they don't care about the whole of the third party. The majority of the business written off because it's not Nintendo and their thin set of current franchises.

The majority of an industry written off because most of them are cookie-cutter repeats of whatever's trending at the moment is hardly laughable, and you're certainly ignoring that I'm talking about consoles across the board and not simply Nintendo. I don't buy Nintendo consoles for third party games in the same way I didn't buy the Ps4 or the Xbox One for third party games. Finding someone's personal tastes laughable is what's laughable here.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Capitan_Kid: it's been in development since Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Japan. Because of that fact, I'm leaning towards that it will be released in 2014, but in in the last few months of the year.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

This would mean two things if it happened

Good: Better polished game as a final result

Bad: Nintendo gets screwed economically

I just want this game to come out because Bayonetta, X and Mario Kart 8, the console doesn't seem like it has anything else.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

@SonicNextGen2: It could mean a lot of things but those two options are not one of them. Nintendo has plenty of money to develop first party AAA games and Sakurai is the kind of developer that release's games "when they are ready," rather than perfectly polished.

hikaruai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 hikaruai
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

@PhazonBlazer: no, because they have other good games...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#57 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@speak_low said:

If true and it's announced tomorrow that SSBU is delayed until 2015, I can't wait to see the Sheep reaction. They depended heavily on this game because Nintendo is always stupid when it comes to solving their drought problems.

Sheep will probably start hyping up Hyrule Warriors as Game of The Year contender and say it has better visuals than PS4 because of art style. LOL

I mean, you always were an idiot, but actually trying to claim ownage on a hypothetical that exists nowhere but in your sad, one track obsessed mind is probably a new low, even for you :(

hikaruai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 hikaruai
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

@PhazonBlazer: no, because they have other good games...

@Pffrbt said:

@DocSanchez said:

@Pffrbt: The bitterness.

Why would I not be bitter about the fact that some of the best games ever made struggle to sell while generic, mindless pap like Tomb Raider and God of War sell millions.

Preach, brotha!

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I this point I'm convinced that speak_low and doc sanchez are the same person

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

If true, then Iwata might as well say goodbye to the last chance of holding onto his job.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Very big blow if true, WiiU is basically just the occasional big Nintendo game now, if they lose one the biggest 2014 ones it's a bad sign.

DK in January, 1 or 2 Christmas games, and only Mario Kart in between is a barren looking year.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#62 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Makes you wonder what takes them so long to make these games.

I would imagine that it's pretty hard to make a well-balanced fighter with a roster of characters that have such different skillsets, not to mention sizes. Some companies take their time. Others rush games to the market and hope to fix them with patches/dlc.

I don't think Smash bro's is anywhere near well-balanced at all... but it's just meant to be played for fun.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@DocSanchez said:

Why would I not be bitter about the fact that some of the best games ever made struggle to sell while generic, mindless pap like Tomb Raider and God of War sell millions.

Because thinking your minority opinion on the quality of art (or entertainment, if you don't consider games art) is correct, and just about ALL the critics and consumers are wrong, is silly, and getting bitter over it is even sillier. Life's too short for it.

Bayonetta was a great game but weird as a 5 legged octopus in a top hat, of course that wasn't going to sell. Franchises like Tomb Raider and GOW (both excellent btw ;) ) have wider appeal. So what? More people want to shoot terrorists in COD and drive Ferraris in Gran Turismo or score a goal with Ronaldo in Fifa, than want to play the latest weirdness from Platinum. That's just reality. Stamping your foot about it and hating awesome franchises won't change reality.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@Pffrbt said:

@DocSanchez said:

because being bitter isn't fun.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Pffrbt said:

@DocSanchez said:

because being bitter isn't fun.

Neither is the majority of what people keep buying and encouraging.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts
@locopatho said:

Stamping your foot about it and hating awesome franchises won't change reality.

Except these franchises aren't awesome. At best they're mediocre, and not what games should aspire to be. Regardless whether or not hating shitty games and people's awful taste is going to make them go away is no reason to just accept status quo.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I just recently got into Project M so even if true, then meh... I'll manage.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#68  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I don't really care if true. I want a bigger roster as possible and it's not like it's the only game I want for the Wii U or any system I own.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

All those people who write off the third party. Where are they now? Because this shit wouldn't matter if you had it.

What you don't seem to get though, is that most of the people that "write off the third party" aren't saying they don't want, or play 3rd party games. Yes there is the occasional (rare) blind sheep that says "oh 3rd party games suck, don't need em!"...

Whereas the rest of us Nintendo console owners have known for well over a decade now that Nintendo consoles get crappy 3rd party support. We know that we're essentially buying a 1st party box with the occasional 3rd party exclusive, or multiplat here or there. And as such, we have multiple other platforms and Nintendo consoles are secondary.

I mean really. How many people posting on this board fit your description? Maybe 2? lol

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

...We'll see tomorrow.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@speak_low said:

LOL I probably got you with the 'art style' part because many Sheep have actually used that (even with Mario Kart).

Everyone be cautious - Sheep are extra sensitive now. Imagine the swings of emotional intensity this holiday season when PS4/X1 have so many new games and Sheep have no games to discuss or argue with on System Wars. They'll probably blow the dust off the reliable twin gaming virtues "Art Style" and "Gameplay" -- the last desperate refuge of an arguer with nothing left to argue.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ConanTheStoner

@speak_low said:

@charizard1605 said:

@speak_low said:

If true and it's announced tomorrow that SSBU is delayed until 2015, I can't wait to see the Sheep reaction. They depended heavily on this game because Nintendo is always stupid when it comes to solving their drought problems.

Sheep will probably start hyping up Hyrule Warriors as Game of The Year contender and say it has better visuals than PS4 because of art style. LOL

I mean, you always were an idiot, but actually trying to claim ownage on a hypothetical that exists nowhere but in your sad, one track obsessed mind is probably a new low, even for you :(

LOL I probably got you with the 'art style' part because many Sheep have actually used that (even with Mario Kart).

Everyone be cautious - Sheep are extra sensitive now. Imagine the swings of emotional intensity this holiday season when PS4/X1 have so many new games and Sheep have no games to discuss or argue with on System Wars. They'll probably blow the dust off the reliable twin gaming virtues "Art Style" and "Gameplay" -- the last desperate refuge of an arguer with nothing left to argue.

Haha, nice.

1. The PS4 and Xbone don't have much going on at the moment while the WiiU has some worthwhile exclusives. Is that giving you "swings of emotional intensity" right now?

2. If you consider art style and gameplay to be a desperate refuge, then what the hell do you play games for? Do you just sit there and count pixels in the morning, check out sales in the afternoon and finish out the evening with a quick browse through Metacritic before retiring to your anti-Nintendo chamber?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@DocSanchez said:

@Bardock47: Some do. It's mostly on Nintendo fan sites but even on here people do. The poster @IMAHAPYHIPPO said he doesn't even bother with or rate the whole third party just yesterday, and guess who he was arguing in favour of?

I never said the entirety of third party, just most. Developers like Rockstar, Rocksteady, Kojima's studio at Konami (I think it's just called Kojima Studios), a few of the Ubisoft teams will always catch my interest, but third party titles as a whole is not something I'm missing on my Wii U. I grew incredibly bored of third parties by the end of the last console generation, as they all felt like the same game over and over again. I think in the last two years (end of 2011-end of 2013), the only third party game I was truly excited about was GTA 5. Everything else I enjoyed was a console exclusive in some capacity.

I have my PS4 for the few multiplatforms I'll be interested in, but as far as Wii U is concerned, I bought the little bastard for Nintendo games, and the more third parties disappear, the more exclusives -- hopefully -- Nintendo will be forced to release.

To be clear, I mostly feel the same way about the Xbox One and the PS4. I wouldn't mind if 80% of the third party games didn't release on anything. A lot of it is just filler between the truly exciting titles.

I sort of loosely agree with this. When I bought a Wii U it was because I wanted nintendo games. I doubt I will buy a single 3rd party game wii U.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ConanTheStoner

@inb4uall said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@DocSanchez said:

@Bardock47: Some do. It's mostly on Nintendo fan sites but even on here people do. The poster @IMAHAPYHIPPO said he doesn't even bother with or rate the whole third party just yesterday, and guess who he was arguing in favour of?

I never said the entirety of third party, just most. Developers like Rockstar, Rocksteady, Kojima's studio at Konami (I think it's just called Kojima Studios), a few of the Ubisoft teams will always catch my interest, but third party titles as a whole is not something I'm missing on my Wii U. I grew incredibly bored of third parties by the end of the last console generation, as they all felt like the same game over and over again. I think in the last two years (end of 2011-end of 2013), the only third party game I was truly excited about was GTA 5. Everything else I enjoyed was a console exclusive in some capacity.

I have my PS4 for the few multiplatforms I'll be interested in, but as far as Wii U is concerned, I bought the little bastard for Nintendo games, and the more third parties disappear, the more exclusives -- hopefully -- Nintendo will be forced to release.

To be clear, I mostly feel the same way about the Xbox One and the PS4. I wouldn't mind if 80% of the third party games didn't release on anything. A lot of it is just filler between the truly exciting titles.

I sort of loosely agree with this. When I bought a Wii U it was because I wanted nintendo games. I doubt I will buy a single 3rd party game wii U.

I haven't bought a multiplat on a Nintendo console since the SNES.. unless you count RE4 on Gamecube, but it was still exclusive at the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@speak_low said:

@charizard1605 said:

@speak_low said:

More clutching at straws. Nice, keep it coming, this is entertaining.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

I'm having mixed feelings on this one. I love Smash Bros but I don't think it will compel me to buy a Wii U because of it. Especially considering how outdated the the graphics are, as well as the system tech it's self. It is not a next gen system in my book. Not even close.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#78 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26095 Posts

A game can't be delayed if we never knew it's release date.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 KBFloYd

@christiangmr14 said:

I'm having mixed feelings on this one. I love Smash Bros but I don't think it will compel me to buy a Wii U because of it. Especially considering how outdated the the graphics are, as well as the system tech it's self. It is not a next gen system in my book. Not even close.

you're stupid.

lol

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ChristianGmr14

@KBFloYd said:

@christiangmr14 said:

you're stupid.

lol

It's just an opinion. Don't let it rustle your jimmies.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#81 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Has it been confirmed yet that Ness is in this game?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By KBFloYd

@christiangmr14 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@christiangmr14 said:

you're stupid.

lol

its not even an opinion..its just stupidity noob.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I seriously hope not, it's one of my most anticipated games this year.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

It begins.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ConanTheStoner

@KBFloYd said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@christiangmr14 said:

you're stupid.

lol

But it's in his book man. His book!

Don't blame him, blame the idiot author for misleading him.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Wii U version is delayed? Don't care as long as the 3DS version is still coming this year.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ChristianGmr14

@ConanTheStoner said:

@KBFloYd said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@christiangmr14 said:

you're stupid.

lol

Hey, if you guys consider over priced last gen tech with limited capabilities and little dev support as "Next Gen" then you have some pretty low standards. Just sayin'.....

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@christiangmr14 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@KBFloYd said:

Hey, if you guys consider over priced last gen tech with limited capabilities and little dev support as "Next Gen" than you have some pretty low standards. But to each his own....

Oh don't get me wrong man, I totally like coming up with arbitrary definitions that suit my bias.

For instance, I was born in the 80s but I always considered myself a baby boomer. That's just how I roll yo, the definition of a generation can go **** itself.

Shit, you got the right idea bro, I think I'll write that one in my book.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By KBFloYd

@christiangmr14 said:

Hey, if you guys consider over priced last gen tech with limited capabilities and little dev support as "Next Gen" then you have some pretty low standards. Just sayin'.....

you're an idiot.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/08/super-smash-bros-direct-wont-reveal-release-date-release-window/

Why do I have this gut feeling it's getting delayed?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#91 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@SonicNextGen2 said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/08/super-smash-bros-direct-wont-reveal-release-date-release-window/

Why do I have this gut feeling it's getting delayed?

Or they could, you know, have an announcement for that at E3 (whether it's by conference or ND).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#92 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A delay would require a confirmed or almost-confirmed ship date.

We know nothing about when the game is supposed to come out, currently, making it impossible to be "delayed".

And since when has a Nintendo delay ever been a bad thing? Mario Kart 8 is clearly on track to release, and will be the summer hit everyone wants to play. Brawl isn't really necessary until Xmas or later.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Perhaps had Nintendo taken action at the height of the Wii's success and heavily invested that massive bankroll into expediting rapid studio expansion back when it was necessary that would be bearing fruit now, this news (if true) would not be happening. But then there'd exist no excuse to blame everything under the sun except Nintendo.

The reason many of Nintendo's games don't sell well are largely removed from the games themselves. I have 0 doubt that these games that sell poorly under Nintendo's hardware, if properly executed and implemented on another's utilizing all the best features the industry in 2014 has to offer and handled on the market competently on their release would sell very well.

Hilarious that the excuses and apologies continue to flow towards the untouchables as if the snail's pace Nintendo moves at in everything they do today is just some normal part of doing business, and not from a severe lack of foresight to prevent (or at the very least) extremely lessen these current issues, much less a company that can't push itself to perform to any acceptable level.

Yup, when a company is failing.....blame the consumer and the industry. It's the world's responsibility to adapt to a company's desire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@MirkoS77: So... what are you ranting about again, exactly?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#95 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Shinobishyguy: Because no two people can be against Nintendo? And for what purpose?

You idiot.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#96 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It never had a real release date and everyone pretty much tagged it as a 2015 game except for those few hoping for a Holiday 2014 release.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mexicangordo

@LegatoSkyheart: That is incorrect. Nintendo listed it as a 2014 game and made announcements for a 2014 release along with Mario Kart.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#98  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@mexicangordo said:

@LegatoSkyheart: That is incorrect. Nintendo listed it as a 2014 game and made announcements for a 2014 release along with Mario Kart.

You still shouldn't put it past Nintendo to Delay the game from their initial listed date.

Look at Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Brawl.

Both of them if I recall had been pushed back from their initial releases.

Some Zelda titles even saw Delays.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mexicangordo

@LegatoSkyheart: Oh totally agree, I said the same thing earlier this thread. The thing that makes this different is that SSB is easily Wii-U's most anticipated titles in a year where the console is facing a drought.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

The direct will be approx 40 mins long.... YAY! Better get comfy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWL4EuCp5E