Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wind will support Labo VR on late April

• 54 results
onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5234 Posts

It seems that VR is moving a step closer to mainsteam acceptance as Nintendo has announced that Super Mario Odyssey and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind will support Labo VR on late April.

Experience 2 beloved games in new ways with the Toy-Con VR Goggles from the #NintendoLabo: VR Kit! https://t.co/be8xudP2PKpic.twitter.com/M0C6w59lIT

— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) April 5, 2019

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Let's be realistic here: even if every single Switch owner bought Labo VR, it wouldn't be mainstream, it would be a niche within a niche.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Well there you have it folks, Nintendo's cardboard VR already has stronger game support than PSVR, and it's not even been released yet lol. /s

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Remember all those videos of people breaking TVs with Wii motes?

Wonder what damage a running kid with a cardboard blindfold can do? Or a fat adult.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34470 Posts

Breath of the Wild*

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 360 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Wonder what damage a running kid with a cardboard blindfold can do? Or a fat adult.

Why would someone run with a 3DoF headset? I mean I know some people do, but it's pointless.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#7 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19382 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Pokemon Go.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43942 Posts

Happy VR Meals offer mooaar bang for the buck...

Lol :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm a big Switch fan, and definitely value VR, bit this is going to suck hard. Good games - check. VR hardware - no. No no no. Hell, the Switch only runs BotW at 30 fps as it is. It is not going to deliver 90+ fps stereoscopic BotW, and even if it did the screen door effect and pixel size will be like rubbing legos on your eyeballs

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I'm a big Switch fan, and definitely value VR, bit this is going to suck hard. Good games - check. VR hardware - no. No no no. Hell, the Switch only runs BotW at 30 fps as it is. It is not going to deliver 90+ fps stereoscopic BotW, and even if it did the screen door effect and pixel size will be like rubbing legos on your eyeballs

This. I love the Switch, but this is a hell no for me.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LuxuryHeart  Online
Member since 2017 • 1821 Posts
@mojito1988 said:
@xantufrog said:

This. I love the Switch, but this is a hell no for me.

I agree. I wish the old president were back to stop this nonsense. I liked the old president saying they would only go after VR when it's comfortable. It just seemed like they would only tackle VR when they thought of a design for the masses. With the new president, it seems like they're going after sloppy bandwagon bucks, which I honestly don't respect.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7204 Posts

Was hoping this was an April Fool's joke. I just can't picture this being any good.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@judaspete said:

Was hoping this was an April Fool's joke. I just can't picture this being any good.

This is the thing though: It doesn't need to be all that good. I don't think they're expecting this to outsell PSVR. This sounds more like just an interesting bonus for the kids who buy the Labo VR kit.

If I were a kid again and I asked my parents for Labo VR, and I heard it was going to out-of-the-blue support 2 of the games that I would very likely own and love... I would be overjoyed. Even if it's not going to be the best VR experience (and how could it be), that would be the coolest thing. If I were in that situation, I probably hadn't even experienced VR before. I just don't think it's going to be for you or me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58650 Posts

How many people will give a shit about this I wonder?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Remaster the Virtual Boy games in color and release a 1 cart compilation and there could be a purchase. Even creating a Virtual Boy colored Labo Kit would nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

It's just a novelty/gimmick item guys. You can't possibly expect a high quality VR experience from a Labo kit.

Next gen should be promising though.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#17 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19382 Posts

@KungfuKitten: I remember playing a Sega VR game at an arcade back in the '90s, and that was some cool shit as a kid. I can imagine kids today getting the same feel playing VR for the first time.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

How many people will give a shit about this I wonder?

Loading Video...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KBFloYd

@mandzilla said:

Well there you have it folks, Nintendo's cardboard VR already has stronger game support than PSVR, and it's not even been released yet lol. /s

lol just dancing on PSVR's tombstone

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

lol fail.

Labo VR will flop harder than the original Labo did. Nintendo looking for a way to get rid of their excess cardboard and they've found suckers like you willing to spend money on that trash.

This is why Nintendo is trying to get in on the VR train....

https://www.roadtovr.com/xbox-one-x-vr-missing-strategy-playstation-vr-psvr-revenue/

Pressure Mounts for Xbox’s Missing VR Strategy as PSVR Revenue Nears $2 Billion

It isn’t just the weight of VR support that could be furthering PlayStation’s edge, there’s revenue to be considered too. PSVR’s install base might not be huge relative to PS4, but it’s an expensive device—often even more expensive than the console that powers it—bringing the company considerable additional revenue.

Last week Sony officially reported that the PSVR install base has reached 4.2 million units. The headset has been sold in various configurations since launch, with Sony lowering prices over time from the original $500 Launch Bundle to today’s bundles priced around $300. The company has also run aggressive sales each holiday shopping season since the headset launched.

Roughing out a $400 average selling price for the first 2.1 million units and a $300 average for following 2.1 million, we can estimate that Sony has generated nearly $1.5 billion in revenue from PSVR hardware.

Nintendo is seeing all the money Sony is printing with PSVR and hoping their google cardboard copycat will bring in the some extra revenue lol.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KBFloYd

@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

lol fail.

Labo VR will flop harder than the original Labo did. Nintendo looking for a way to get rid of their excess cardboard and they've found suckers like you willing to spend money on that trash.

https://www.roadtovr.com/xbox-one-x-vr-missing-strategy-playstation-vr-psvr-revenue/

It isn’t just the weight of VR support that could be furthering PlayStation’s edge, there’s revenue to be considered too. PSVR’s install base might not be huge relative to PS4, but it’s an expensive device—often even more expensive than the console that powers it—bringing the company considerable additional revenue.

Last week Sony officially reported that the PSVR install base has reached 4.2 million units. The headset has been sold in various configurations since launch, with Sony lowering prices over time from the original $500 Launch Bundle to today’s bundles priced around $300. The company has also run aggressive sales each holiday shopping season since the headset launched.

Roughing out a $400 average selling price for the first 2.1 million units and a $300 average for following 2.1 million, we can estimate that Sony has generated nearly $1.5 billion in revenue from PSVR hardware.

Nintendo is seeing all the money Sony is printing with PSVR and hoping their google cardboard copycat will bring in the some extra revenue lol.

aint nobody printing money on 4 million sold.

how much does it cost to make the device and paying everybody working on it. its not as simple as 4million X 300= profit. There are tons of costs sony needs to pay from the 1.5 billion.

PSVR failed. Vr in general failed.

Nintendo will try and actually make it successful. They see an opportunity to succeed where others failed.

thats how the NES was born when atari failed nintendo did it better.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Again, this is only Nintendo playing around with VR while offering a cheap entryway method for kids to try out VR for the first time. This is not to be taken seriously and it is not made for all of you hardcore VR gamers out there. This is a great idea for kids and I think Nintendo knows exactly what they’re doing. Those calling this a PSVR killer are just either messing around or just not very bright. This will expand the VR user base going forward to the next gen of VR and I’m willing to bet Nintendo makes a solid attempt at VR next gen. Til then, this is practice.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

lol fail.

how much does it cost to make the device and paying everybody working on it. its not as simple as 4million X 300= profit. There are tons of costs sony needs to pay from the 1.5 billion.

Nintendo will try and actually make it successful. They see an opportunity to succeed where others failed.

$1.5 billion revenue

Sony sells PSVR at a profit and the software attachment ratio for it is high so they are printing money unlike your failed Labo.

Nintendo is trying desperately to reboot that flop with a hilarious Google cardboard clone. ? Someone tell those idiots that 720p/60fps VR on their shitty screens will send kids and adults into nausea and vomit city.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KBFloYd

@vaidream45 said:

Again, this is only Nintendo playing around with VR while offering a cheap entryway method for kids to try out VR for the first time. This is not to be taken seriously and it is not made for all of you hardcore VR gamers out there. This is a great idea for kids and I think Nintendo knows exactly what they’re doing. Those calling this a PSVR killer are just either messing around or just not very bright. This will expand the VR user base going forward to the next gen of VR and I’m willing to bet Nintendo makes a solid attempt at VR next gen. Til then, this is practice.

so you are saying that if this sells more than 4million and surpasses sales of occulus,vive and PSVR....then...It doesnt count because it's for kids?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KBFloYd

@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:

$1.5 billion revenue

Sony sells PSVR at a profit and the software attachment ratio for it is high so they are printing money unlike your failed Labo.

Nintendo is trying desperately to reboot that flop with a hilarious Google cardboard clone. ? Someone tell those idiots that 720p/60fps VR on their shitty screens will send kids and adults into nausea and vomit city.

exactly. REVENUE and small profit. Sony is making Peanuts.

the nausea machines are already out. labo is shallow enough for you to not feel dizzy because the goggles are easily removable at any sign of discomfort.

Labo is the REAL 1st VR experience. and if Vr ever gets to the point of overtaking the gaming market nintendo will be there to do it.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:

$1.5 billion revenue

the nausea machines are already out. labo is shallow enough for you to not feel dizzy because the goggles are easily removable at any sign of discomfort.

Labo is the REAL 1st VR experience. and if Vr ever gets to the point of overtaking the gaming market nintendo will be there to do it.

? You're insane lol, you should be banned for posting such an idiotic comment. Oculus, Vive, PSVR, Oculus Go, Samsung VR, etc. aren't real VR but Nintendo's google cardboard clone stuck to a bird's butt is, LMFAO!

^ ^ Is this you?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KBFloYd

@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:

$1.5 billion revenue

? You're insane lol, you should be banned for posting such an idiotic comment. Oculus, Vive, PSVR, Oculus Go, Samsung VR, etc. aren't real VR but Nintendo's google cardboard clone stuck to a bird's butt is, LMFAO!

^ ^ Is this you?

What i meant is LAbo is REAL "1st" VR experience. Meaning this is what everyone should start with if they want to get into VR.

PSVR and vive and occulus are for hardcore people that want to go deeper or they dont get sick and stuff.

LABO is for everyone. people that just want to see how VR is without spending mega cash or not having to setup a bunch of wires or dont want to get dizzy or sick.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vaidream45

@KBFloYd: ummmm no. No I didn’t say any of that. Read again or try harder I suppose? Or really just don’t. Move onto the next comment.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KBFloYd

@vaidream45 said:

@KBFloYd: ummmm no. No I didn’t say any of that. Read again or try harder I suppose? Or really just don’t. Move onto the next comment.

cant defend your position? cool.

thanks for your participation.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vaidream45

@KBFloYd: nope. Just not gonna retype everything all over again hoping you will actually understand it this time. Waste of my time. My position stands. Labo is good for the growth of the future of VR. Simple. Labo is not created for the hardcore gamer. Simple. Labo is a testing ground for Nintendo to play around with VR. Simple.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KBFloYd

see, now i see your point.

your first post was drenched in dissmissive hate.

@vaidream45 said:

@KBFloYd: nope. Just not gonna retype everything all over again hoping you will actually understand it this time. Waste of my time. My position stands. Labo is good for the growth of the future of VR. Simple. Labo is not created for the hardcore gamer. Simple. Labo is a testing ground for Nintendo to play around with VR. Simple.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:

$1.5 billion revenue

^ ^ Is this you?

What i meant is LAbo is REAL "1st" VR experience. Meaning this is what everyone should start with if they want to get into VR.

PSVR and vive and occulus are for hardcore people that want to go deeper or they dont get sick and stuff.

LABO is for everyone. people that just want to see how VR is without spending mega cash or not having to setup a bunch of wires or dont want to get dizzy or sick.

Have you played labo vr? how do you know that it doesn't cause sickness? Do you know what causes the motion sickness? because a 30fps console is going to make it worse.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KBFloYd

i doubt nintendo would put out a vomit machine. also the fact that the goggles are held by your hands and can be easily removed in an instant will help i think.

@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:

Have you played labo vr? how do you know that it doesn't cause sickness? Do you know what causes the motion sickness? because a 30fps console is going to make it worse.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:

^ ^ Is this you?

@KBFloYd is the type of dude that would buy shit on a stick if it had the Nintendo logo on it. He's a special breed of fanboy.

I understand loving Nintendo, at some point I was like that about Sega when I was a kid but it doesn't mean that you have to blindly defend every single thing they put out even if it's crap.

People here say I'm a Sony guy but other than the home PlayStation consoles I don't own a single Sony product in my house because I frankly don't find most of their products to be that great compared to their competition. I didn't even own the Vita because I thought it was overpriced and lacked good support from Sony. Why is it so hard for people like him to be objective while supporting the company that they love? Like now he's saying Labo VR will be the "REAL VR" despite the fact he's never used it before and it's basically a google cardboard strapped to a Switch which is more underpowered than the phones that power Google Cardboard. The Switch doesn't have the right screen for VR nor the horse power underneath the hood to support the high framerates VR demands yet this guy believes it will be the generation defining VR experience because it has a Nintendo logo on it lol.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 npiet1

@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:

^ ^ Is this you?

@KBFloYd is the type of dude that would buy shit on a stick if it had the Nintendo logo on it. He's a special breed of fanboy.

I understand loving Nintendo, at some point I was like that about Sega when I was a kid but it doesn't mean that you have to defend every single thing they put out even if it's crap.

People here say I'm a Sony guy but other than the home PlayStation consoles I don't own a single Sony product in my house because I frankly don't find most of their products to be that great compared to their competition. I didn't even own the Vita because I thought it was overpriced and lacked good support from Sony. Why is it so hard for people like him to be objective while supporting the company that they love? Like now he's saying Labo VR will be the "REAL VR" despite the fact he's never used it before and it's basically a google cardboard strapped to a Switch which is more underpowered than the phones that power Google Cardboard. The Switch doesn't have the right screen for VR nor the horse power underneath the hood to support the high framerates VR demands yet this guy believes it will be the generation defining VR experience because it has a Nintendo logo on it lol.

Yeah thats another Labo VR thread and there's others doing the same. It's crazy. This is going to fail as hard as Labo originally did, people don't want pieces of cardboard. They want a decent, cheap VR, which isn't happening anytime soon.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KBFloYd

@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:

^ ^ Is this you?

I understand loving Nintendo, at some point I was like that about Sega when I was a kid but it doesn't mean that you have to defend every single thing they put out even if it's crap.

i will tell you why i am defending and hyping. I never used VR so this will be my first experience with it. why the **** do i have to use a shitstation VR or a PC million dollar VR in order for me to have an opinion on VR?

labo will be my first experience and i have confidence the product will give me a good idea somewhat of what VR is about and thats good enough for now and for eveyone who wants to taste VR.

If people get hooked on it it might make them buy a psvr or a PC VR. This is nothing but good news for VR and here you are hating just because its going to shit on your precious sony VR sales.

now who is the fanboy?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 npiet1

@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:

^ ^ Is this you?

i will tell you why i am defending and hyping. I never used VR so this will be my first experience with it. why the **** do i have to use a shitstation VR or a PC million dollar VR in order for me to have an opinion on VR? Is a roller coaster the same as a merry go round, cause thats the same as labo vr vs psvr or PC. Go for the full thing if you want the experience not a cheap knock off.

labo will be my first experience and i have confidence the product will give me a good idea somewhat of what VR is about and thats good enough for now and for eveyone who wants to taste VR. So why havn't you used mobile VR yet? the demo stations where everywhere at one point.

If people get hooked on it it might make them buy a psvr or a PC VR. This is nothing but good news for VR and here you are hating just because its going to shit on your precious sony VR sales.

now who is the fanboy? You are, your making out like this is going to be better then psvr/pc when its not.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KBFloYd

@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:

i will tell you why i am defending and hyping. I never used VR so this will be my first experience with it. why the **** do i have to use a shitstation VR or a PC million dollar VR in order for me to have an opinion on VR? Is a roller coaster the same as a merry go round, cause thats the same as labo vr vs psvr or PC. Go for the full thing if you want the experience not a cheap knock off.

labo will be my first experience and i have confidence the product will give me a good idea somewhat of what VR is about and thats good enough for now and for eveyone who wants to taste VR. So why havn't you used mobile VR yet? the demo stations where everywhere at one point.

now who is the fanboy? You are, your making out like this is going to be better then psvr/pc when its not.

who are you to say how good labo will be? you have it and used it? no. you are speaking out of your personal bias and experience. good for you. but ill make my own decisions thank you.

also i didnt say it was better than PSVR in terms of immersion. i said it would sell better and is a better entry point for newbies.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:

i will tell you why i am defending and hyping. I never used VR so this will be my first experience with it. why the **** do i have to use a shitstation VR or a PC million dollar VR in order for me to have an opinion on VR?

labo will be my first experience and i have confidence the product will give me a good idea somewhat of what VR is about and thats good enough for now and for eveyone who wants to taste VR.

now who is the fanboy?

You're crazy lol.

1. Who says you need a PS4 or a PC to do VR? You don't lol. Google is selling google cardboard for $15 and I guarantee you it will be a better experience than that shit "VR" that Nintendo is pedaling. Because unless you have a phone from the dark ages I'm sure it has a better screen than the Switch for VR. All the phones they sell now have better screens for VR than the Switch. There's absolutely no chance you will get a solid VR experience from Nintendo's cheap 720 pixelated screen.

2. You're nut-hugging Labo VR simply because it has a Nintendo logo on it. You've never used VR before so your opinion is worthless. I've used all the VR headsets out there including cheap ass Google cardboard VR and I can tell you it doesn't hold a candle to Samsung VR much less PSVR or Vive. Those of us that have spent years using VR extensively are telling you that you can't compare that garbage Nintendo Trashbo experience to real VR headsets out there and you're dismissing our informed opinions because you're a crazy fanboy that has a hardon for anything Nintendo. You were always against VR and now Nintendo is doing it you're declaring their VR will be world changing and somehow deliver a better experience than other enthusiast VR headsets out there lol.

3. Of course I want people to get hooked on VR. I'm happy Nintendo is getting onboard with VR and you Sheep are finally embracing it despite the fact you guys have been claiming VR was dead for years. Now you're championing VR despite the fact you hated the idea of it barely a few weeks ago. The problem with this is that Nintendo aren't the first ones to go this cardboard mainstream route. Others have done it before and much better with Google Cardboard, Samsung VR, and all the copy cats out there that sell cheap Google and Samsung VR knockoffs. There are already cheaper options out there for people that want to try and out cheap "VR" and don't want to buy a PC or a PS4. The only thing Nintendo is bringing that is unique are their IPs and their quirky gimmicks. It might work out for them and sell gangbusters or it might flop hard again like Labo did last year, who knows. What we do know though is that the quality of the experience will never match what PSVR and PC VR already have, it's not even comparable at all.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 npiet1

@KBFloYd said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:

who are you to say how good labo will be? you have it and used it? no. you are speaking out of your personal bias and experience. good for you. but ill make my own decisions thank you. No I'm speaking on the fact that BOTW is locked to 30fps on handheld and VR needs a minimum of 90fps to be playable without sickness. So how is BOTW going to achieve good VR? Its basic VR knowledge. No bias, just logic.

also i didnt say it was better than PSVR in terms of immersion. i said it would sell better and is a better entry point for newbies. What basis is it going to sell better? Labo? cause that sold horribly.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KBFloYd

@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:

who are you to say how good labo will be? you have it and used it? no. you are speaking out of your personal bias and experience. good for you. but ill make my own decisions thank you. No I'm speaking on the fact that BOTW is locked to 30fps on handheld and VR needs a minimum of 90fps to be playable without sickness. So how is BOTW going to achieve good VR? Its basic VR knowledge. No bias, just logic.

also i didnt say it was better than PSVR in terms of immersion. i said it would sell better and is a better entry point for newbies. What basis is it going to sell better? Labo? cause that sold horribly.

again if 90fps was neccessary nintendo wouldnt be releasing labo VR. obviously nintendo feel they have something they can bring to the table. whether it be with the card board and joycon motion gimmicks or with their own IPs. whatever they have up their sleeve im sure the "experience" will shit on smasung VR's slightly sharper screen. the immersion will not be PC vr level or even psvr either but the combination of the cardboard creations with the joycons and nintendo software abilities i feel this will be a great entry Vr experience.

if all i said was correct word of mouth will sell this just like the wii.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 npiet1

@KBFloYd said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@npiet1 said:
@KBFloYd said:

again if 90fps was neccessary nintendo wouldnt be releasing labo VR. obviously nintendo feel they have something they can bring to the table. whether it be with the card board and joycon motion gimmicks or with their own IPs. whatever they have up their sleeve im sure the "experience" will shit on smasung VR slightly sharper screen. the immersion will no be PC vr level or psvr either but the combination of the cardboard creations with the joycons and nintendo sfotware abilities i feel this will be a great Vr experience.

if all i said was correct word of mouth will sell this just like the wii. Then why didn't samsung or google carboard sell. They offered all this. Just because of joy-cons it makes a massive difference? lol

That shows how little you know about VR and what is needed with the technology.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

That is ahonestly pretty cool I'd say.

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#45 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts

@mandzilla said:

What do you expect from Nintendo fandrones.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Oemenia: My post was mostly tongue in cheek, of course PSVR has and will continue to have a far larger library for its platform than the Labo VR set.

Still, it's cool that Nintendo are adding VR support to some of their biggest games. Maybe Sony will follow suite on that in the future.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#47  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:

lol fail.

But what if it does? If Labo sells a lot of units what then?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@Coolyfett: It won’t stop the Labo VR from being a pile of crap like Labo was. The whole thing is trash and isn’t a real VR headset like the Oculus, Vive, and PSVR are and it shouldn’t be compared to those headsets in any way. Its competition is Google Cardboard.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KBFloYd

@son-goku7523 said:

@Coolyfett: It won’t stop the Labo VR from being a pile of crap like Labo was. The whole thing is trash and isn’t a real VR headset like the Oculus, Vive, and PSVR are and it shouldn’t be compared to those headsets in any way. Its competition is Google Cardboard.

damage control.

if people have more fun with it and would rather buy labo than psvr. then who cares how expensive and immersive pc vr and even psvr is?

if labo vr sells more then that means the public has spoken and they prefer something simple like labo vr than pc or psvr at this point in VR's life.

labo VR being the best selling vr would speak volumes about vr direction and what they need to do going forward.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@KBFloYd said:
@son-goku7523 said:

damage control.

if people have more fun with it and would rather buy labo than psvr. then who cares how expensive and immersive pc vr and even psvr is?

if labo vr sells more then that means the public has spoken and they prefer something simple like labo vr than pc or psvr at this point in VR's life.

labo VR being the best selling vr would speak volumes about vr direction and what they need to do going forward.

What damage control? It has a higher chance of flopping than anything else considering it's not the first device of its kind, it's total crap, and Labo was a monumental flop.

You're just doing wishful thinking here hoping it succeeds. Nothing we've seen from it suggests it will be a success at all. Nintendo failed last time they tried VR and they failed last time they tried Labo, the public has already rejected Labo once. What makes you think they won't reject it again? I predict it will flop hard and you will go into hiding just like your kind did when Labo flopped the last time, and you will pretend you never hyped this turd.