Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury preview - are you HYPED or what?

• 73 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

I wasn't a huge fan of Super Mario 3D World back in the day. It just felt very casual to me. I'm glad that they have decided to speed up the characters, cause that was definitely something I noticed. But Bowser's Fury? This looks very intriguing. It's a totally separate game, and seems to be a more focused version of Odyssey. So color me intrigued! But how much content will we get? It better be at least 10 hours. What do you think ,SW? Are you hyped for this game or what?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

" Insert yawn gif here " lol :P

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

No, it's just looks like a by the numbers Mario game and I'm pretty much done with them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

Not hype and will be skipping this game but however, my daughter is very interest in getting Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

100% playing this at launch.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This is my Yoshi Island and Mario 3 combined with Mario 64.

This is my dream game you got big bowser again like yoshi island giant bowser, you got tons of suits like mario 3, and you got mario 64 3d controls and its all sped up.

This game is for me bro its for real mario fans imo.

@sakaixx This IS MY DREAM GAME DON'T yawn at it. Sony and MIcrosoft keep making s__t movie games im sick of it shut up sakai

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

I never played 3d World on Wii u, so i am very excited

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

This game has more jaggies than games released on the original Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Anyone who played 3D World on the Wii U, is it worth it for single player? I have no intentions of ever playing co-op.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Anyone who played 3D World on the Wii U, is it worth it for single player? I have no intentions of ever playing co-op.

Its gonna be epic as hell I watched ReviewTechUSA playing this...he had a WiiU and the game looked great.

Its sped up too and much faster like street fighter turbo Hyper fighting or with fast speed mode...its gonna be fast paced like mario 64 its got tons of suits like mario 3 and like big badder bowser like yoshi island this is great for single player you don't need 3 other people to play with just.

Just buy it play it have fun by yourself in it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Hmmm, pay full price for an old game with DLC bundled in? I think I will leave that for suckers to purchase.😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
@Pedro said:

Hmmm, pay full price for an old game with DLC bundled in? I think I will leave that for suckers to purchase.😎

You mean like Xbox has been doing forever now and you've never called them out for it once @Pedro ? and nobody else on system wars is calling you out either and letting you slide and saying they agree with you sometimes.

ENOUGH!

Not many people owned the WiiU and haven't played 3D world yet and Bowsers Fury is brand new for everyone. So your paying 60 for OLD games that everyone did play before on xbox. While nintendo guys 3d world is new for a lot of people and they get bowers fury and wiiU games are still all probably 60 anyway and rare an hard to get.

Welp My work here is done...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

Bowser's Fury is more interesting than I previously thought (is it the next game's Ground Zeroes?) but it's supposed to be a short add-on and they're charging Nintendo loyalists who already bought 3D World extra to get at it. I'd rather just buy Bowser's Fury as a standalone for $15.

Why you do your biggest fans like that Nintendo?

Nintendo is the only company left who doesn't do loyalty discounts. I.e. a small, or big discount for people that have already bought this game before.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Yep, I’m pretty hyped for this. I still have my Wii U and the game and I really enjoyed there so I’m very much looking forward to playing the Switch version plus the Bowser’s Fury addition.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@ProtossRushX: You do realize that if you own any copy of the original Halo you can play it on your Xbox, right? Same goes for Gears, if you don't want the remake you can just play the original on your XO/XS. While if you own Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U you have to buy it again to play it on the Switch. It's not that hard dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Archangel3371: Have you played it solo or co-op?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Yeah, definitely gonna be picking this up. I only played a little bit of 3D world, and i'm interested in Bowser's Fury.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371

@ghost_of_phobos: Solo and I enjoyed it just fine that way myself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Archangel3371: Thanks, I guess I'm going to give it a try.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Think I might give it a try later on. Still saving for a PS5 whenever the **** I can actually get my hands on one.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

Not really interested in this one. I had world on the wiiu but never got on with it. something just felt off with the handling and platforming. Galaxy 1 & 2: awesome. 3D land on the 3DS: great. Odyssey: brilliant. But world just never clicked for some reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@R4gn4r0k said:
@girlusocrazy said:

Bowser's Fury is more interesting than I previously thought (is it the next game's Ground Zeroes?) but it's supposed to be a short add-on and they're charging Nintendo loyalists who already bought 3D World extra to get at it. I'd rather just buy Bowser's Fury as a standalone for $15.

Why you do your biggest fans like that Nintendo?

Nintendo is the only company left who doesn't do loyalty discounts. I.e. a small, or big discount for people that have already bought this game before.

Have you not seen whats going on?

Do you wanna die old man?

Call of Duty is charging 10 dollar upgrade fee's for people that bought last gen versions of the game online and you can't even do that on xbox only PSX and you have to rebuy the entire game next version.

Control just did it where you have to pay 40 dollars more for the ultimate edition to get the next gen version of the game.

NBA2k I believe charged just flat out 80 or 120 dollars or something for there MAMBA next gen version and were just like FU guys. Wake up dude.

Sony just charged 70 dollars for Spiderman Remastered on PS5 they didn't give PS4 owners a free upgrade for that game ragnarok did you miss that one or not? Are you professional or not? Or just making stuff up now?

No dude nintendo isn't the only one doing this stuff. They give 2x points back which you could save like 6 dollars in points for another purchase and they have tons of sales every day on the e-shop. Dude you don't know what your talking about literally i've been there I bought stuff on there.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Got it pre-ordered, it's perfect for the Switch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@ProtossRushX: You do realize that if you own any copy of the original Halo you can play it on your Xbox, right? Same goes for Gears, if you don't want the remake you can just play the original on your XO/XS. While if you own Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U you have to buy it again to play it on the Switch. It's not that hard dude.

Actually you CAN'T PLAY your PHYSICAL copy of Halo 1-2 on Xbox X-Series S. It literally doesn't have a disc drive so no you can't just do that ghost unless you have the premium 500 dollar x-series x.

Then you don't get anniversary visual upgrades that are built into the Halo MCC games your downloading base original versions that are on the digital store not the Halo MCC versions.

I didn't own the WiiU only 13 million people did theres already 80 million Switch owners so thats 70 million nearly the majority who didn't own a wii or 3d world cuz if u think about not everyone who had wiiU even bought that game at that time.

Plus your getting visual enhancements over the WiiU version plus its in turbo, its faster, everything is better on this version over the WiiU.

Plus your getting Bowsers Fury included you didn't get anything new or extra with Halo MCC or Gears Ultimate you got the base games and that was it with a full 60 dollar rip off price nothing new nothing added no dlc bonus material that was built from scratch just nothingness.

That was milkage ghosts of phobos I don't see it being the same at all.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I 100%'d Super Mario 3D World on my Wii U. It was a good ride, and surprisingly more enjoyable than my initial reaction to it. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet. Don't expect Mario Odyssey, it's nothing like it. It is a linear, level-by-level, flagpole, Mario game with a sprint button that takes getting used to in a 3D space.

But it's a lot of fun with a high level of Nintendo polish.

The Bowser Fury intrigues me, but I don't know if I can justify the purchase just for that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@ProtossRushX: Still, you can play your Original copy of those games, if you own a XO or a XS, and you absolutely can't with Mario 3D World. If a person opts to buy a diskless version of a console I think it's safe to say that it doesn't really cares for disk versions... or else it would buy the disk version?

Or you just sign in on Gamepass and have access to all those games.

Or you can buy just the MCC for $20 and get the whole collection with updated visuals.

Or maybe you already got all those games digital and there's absolutely no issue. If you don't have them, guess what, you can buy them cheap digitally and still get improved visuals.

Basically, while not perfect MS does indeed offers a wide variety of possibilities that are better than what Nintendo offers. I'm going to buy it because I didn't bought it on the Wii U, but it would be cool seeing Nintendo being less greedy.

OK, you can carry on with your little meltdown TotoX.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@ProtossRushX: Still, you can play your Original copy of those games, if you own a XO or a XS, and you absolutely can't with Mario 3D World. If a person opts to buy a diskless version of a console I think it's safe to say that it doesn't really cares for disk versions... or else it would buy the disk version?

Or you just sign in on Gamepass and have access to all those games.

Or you can buy just the MCC for $20 and get the whole collection with updated visuals.

Or maybe you already got all those games digital and there's absolutely no issue. If you don't have them, guess what, you can buy them cheap digitally and still get improved visuals.

Basically, while not perfect MS does indeed offers a wide variety of possibilities that are better than what Nintendo offers. I'm going to buy it because I didn't bought it on the Wii U, but it would be cool seeing Nintendo being less greedy.

OK, you can carry on with your little meltdown TotoX.

So I have to pay 120 dollars a year to play my old games like Halo MCC on my X-Series S since I can't use discs on it. What if I want to play my discs I have to spend an extra 200 dollars just to get a disc drive to do so just to play my old games or then I have to buy or rebuy a last gen system like X1 or XB1x to do it and have to hook that system and have 2 xbox's hooked up to my tv.

That doesn't sound good to me. It's a waste of tons of cash flow every year into microsoft's pocketbook.

and Halo MCC launched at 60 dollars the same price as 3d world + bowsers fury (new dlc game) is launching at so who cares if its finally 20 dollars now it was 60 just like bowsers fury dude that's how it went down i was there I bought it. This is a launch game its 60 right now just like Halo MCC was dude Jesus sometimes I wonder if people really have brains attached to their skull.

Like I'm spending 20 a year for online and I get 60 NES/SNES games and Tetris 99 that I spend 100's of hours on I think downloaded and played 0 xbox one free GWG games cause they were all trash and Halo MCC online didn't work and lobbies didn't match players up and the online was hacked by lizard squad when Halo MCC came out and I couldn't even play the game single player cause I was getting logged mid game and my achievements didn't pop, and 10 popped all at once and it was missing half of them even though beat all the campaigns. When I had the service for the year. Ones great value for me the other one is trash to me.

20 dollars for online is a steal compared to xbox live gold 60 for online and trash GWG game when i get a great lineup of NES/SNES on th go with tetris 99 too. Maybe xbox should try to be less greedy didn't they also just try to double the price of live in one fell swoop and nobody like you bats an eye on that so just forgive me I don't like your attitude.

Guess which one that was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@ProtossRushX: Yes TotoX, if you buy a diskless console unfortunately you can't use disks. That is very true.

The rest of your gibberish, unfortunately I don't think there's medication that can help you with all your personal struggles but I believe you can do it TotoX.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Call of Duty is charging 10 dollar upgrade fee's for people that bought last gen versions of the game

Yeah and Nintendo is charging the full 60 for Wii U owners of Pikmin and Super Mario 3D world.

In fact all these games:

So you are saying that Nintendo is worse than Call of duty...

That says a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@ProtossRushX: Yes TotoX, if you buy a diskless console unfortunately you can't use disks. That is very true.

The rest of your gibberish, unfortunately I don't think there's medication that can help you with all your personal struggles but I believe you can do it TotoX.

Yeah well when you don't play games like yourself and make up lies nobody believes you anyway ghost when a real gamer calls out xb1 for being trash and x-series x for looking like trash as well and microsoft being the same amount of greed as anyone I call it out.

I listed 3 collections of golds xbox was selling for 60 for halo mcc and gears and i think rare replay was 40 or something. Its time to either call out everyone or nobody ghosts. Not just focus in on nintendo call it all out or nothing ghosts. You cannot play physical games on x-series s you have to pay 200 for a disc drive basically and no im not hooking 2 seperate xbox to my tv just to play old games.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Despite owning a Wii U I never scooped up 3D World. I am definitely looking forward to this release, looks great and I can afford it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Call of Duty is charging 10 dollar upgrade fee's for people that bought last gen versions of the game

Yeah and Nintendo is charging the full 60 for Wii U owners of Pikmin and Super Mario 3D world.

In fact all these games:

So you are saying that Nintendo is worse than Call of duty...

That says a lot.

You realize BOTW launched day and date on both systems right?

You didn't have to pick up the WiiU version of BOTW that was on you Rag

You knew that when it came out why is that game on there Rag?

You could have just bought the switch version when the game came out there was no like oh lets re-released it later on and make you buy it twice thy released identically at the same time you bought that one rag.

Mario Kart 8 is a deluxe version with all the bells and whistles you get all dlc all the extra content and the beauty of it is you don't have to buy the game twice you have a wiiU why are you buying it again play it on that system thats the beauty here its optional bro your wiiU didn't just die off or anything play it on that move on dude.

3d World has a whole new game attached called bowsers fury did you play that on wiiU rag or not you left that part out of your post was that game free to make no it wasn't its brand it didn't come with your 3d world wiiU copy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@ProtossRushX:

Rare Replay, 30 games for $40

MCC 3 games (+3=6!😲) for $60

Gears Ultimate 5 games (one being a complete remake) for $60

3D world Wii U game with dlc $60

hum

Ok ok, keep meltingdown TontoX

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Haven't played a Mario game since 1992. I see no reason to end that streak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@ProtossRushX:

Rare Replay, 30 games for $40

MCC 3 games (+3=6!😲) for $60

Gears Ultimate 5 games (one being a complete remake) for $60

3D world Wii U game with dlc $60

hum

Ok ok, keep meltingdown TontoX

Halo 1 anniversary and 3-4 were 7th gen games

Halo 2 anniversary was the only 8th gen game and you were forced to pay 60 for it in MCC you couldn't buy it separately on xb1 thats not consumer friendly ghosts no matter how you slice it.

So you got maybe got one next gen game on the MCC collection I don't even know if Halo 2 Anniversary is on the same level as 3d world (I don't think it is) with work done to it and plus you get bowsers fury a completely new DLC level where Halo came with nothing but stuff people have already played.

To me personally I think 3d world + bowsers fury is a better collection to me personally over Halo MCC for value for the 60 dollar asking launch prices of both games.

I had a ton of problems you can read about them above online matchmaking wasn't working for me. Single player was kicking me back to the menu logging me out lizard squad was all over the place hacking XBL for weeks. I was paying 60 for this trash service that can't even protect itself from hackers thats how bad things were im paying for trash basically and I can't even play.

I couldn't even play it single player and I had problems playing online games for free on my PC lizard was squad cause any problems on PC only on xbox only on xbox.

I get 8th gen game 3d world and bowers fury im going to enjoy the games and have blast I doubt im gonna kicked back to menu and have tons of bugs like Halo MCC did on 3d world and bowers fury.

Why wasn't the halo collection free if microsoft isn't greedy and wants you to play your all your old stuff for free on your new system think about that why was this launched a 60 if microsoft is pro gamers and pro consumer?

Why wasn't Gears Ultimate free?

Why wasn't rare replay a bunch of roms from nes to n64 free why am I paying for 40 5mb of roms from microsoft and your saying thats a great deal when its not ghosts. So dude spare me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@ProtossRushX: I played the single player of MCC without any issues. That's my personal experience.

Guess what TontoX if I had those games I wouldn't have bought them anyway. Still 3(+3=6) improved games > Wii U game + dlc.

And you do realise that MS made big changes on their business model and now let's you play your games across generations and systems without forcing you to rebuy stuff? The year is 2021 in case you are that lost.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

If Bowser's Fury is only three hours long as I've heard, then nope, not hyped. I hope that isn't true.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

Looks like someone wrecked themselves responding to my comment. 😁

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Archangel3371

Imagine trying to use The Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay as examples of not getting enough value for your money. 🤦‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

Imagine trying to use The Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay as examples of not getting enough value for your money. 🤦‍♂️

You don't need to imagine anymore. 😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Archangel3371

@Pedro: Clowns bringing all the crazy to reality. 😅

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

If Bowser's Fury is only three hours long as I've heard, then nope, not hyped. I hope that isn't true.

That would absolutely suck lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

You don't need to imagine anymore. 😂

Well when you own Halo 1-2 on xbox and Halo 1 anniversary and 3 on xbox 360, and the only new thing your getting is Halo 2 anniversary and a crappy 343 studios halo 4 which I didn't even want to play than its actually NOT a great a value.

When I just wanted that halo 2 anniversary the soundtrack the new textures and I had to pay 60 for it. It wasn't a great value for me. The online matchmaking was broken there were sound bugs there gun bugs there ai bugs with the predators walking into walls that wasn't bungie quality to me.

So no if you can't play halo online it not a great value...its just not its a bad value its trash actually for 60 half of Halo is playing it online if you can't do that don't put the game for 60 dollars archangel and say its a great value for people.

Xbox live hacked by lizard squad for days I couldn't even play it when im paying for XBL 60 dollars a year for this it should never be hacked if your paying that much money.

With the 3d world I get brand new game i never played and I get bowsers fury which nobody has played yet and it all works and everything is great and I can play it anywhere i want on the go or whatever. Halo part of the package was online gaming and it didn't work how are you missing this?

To me this

Loading Video...

is worth 60 more than this "remaster" paying for a uglier version where the online is broken but that's just me. Were all different at the end of the day and our money should go where we want it to go.

Gears Collection Ultimate Edition Remaster look at the water
Gears Collection Ultimate Edition Remaster look at the water
Original Gears on Xbox 360 the classic great water why pay more for less?
Original Gears on Xbox 360 the classic great water why pay more for less?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

You mean like Xbox has been doing forever now and you've never called them out for it once @Pedro ? and nobody else on system wars is calling you out either and letting you slide and saying they agree with you sometimes.

ENOUGH!

Not many people owned the WiiU and haven't played 3D world yet and Bowsers Fury is brand new for everyone. So your paying 60 for OLD games that everyone did play before on xbox. While nintendo guys 3d world is new for a lot of people and they get bowers fury and wiiU games are still all probably 60 anyway and rare an hard to get.

Welp My work here is done...

Actually I wish Nintendo would take some notes from Microsoft in those cases you pointed out lol.

Halo MCC had Halo 2 Anniversary campaign and some maps. I think $60 for all that in one package is a fair deal. Maybe a little overpriced but not much?

Rare Replay launched for $30. The value was there.

Gears Ultimate launched for $30. The correct price for a remaster. Those other Gears games thrown in is nice too.

Meanwhile pretty much every WiiU game that launched on Switch has been the same game with some new characters or a mission mode that has an additional hour or two of content? And they all cost $60. Except Captain Toad was $40 I believe? Any others I'm forgetting?

Try again!

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 231 Posts

Day 1 for me, looking forward to the bowsers fury portion. Not too sure about the faster game speed though, could end up being worse.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

Maybe its my tastes in gaming have changed but I can't get hyped for a mario game.