Sunset Overdrive perfomance- 900p with dips down to 22fps.

  • 141 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#1 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

Not very impressive, but expected for xbone.

"At its worst is a drop to 22fps during a combination of all these stress points. Sunset Overdrive also employs a very light adaptive v-sync, allowing the screen to very subtly tear within the top 10 per cent of the screen"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-sunset-overdrive-e3-tech-analysis

wow>> http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/6/8/5/2/SO_1.bmp.jpg

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#2 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

no beard either

Avatar image for killzowned24
#3 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -
@CrownKingArthur said:

no beard either

Or destruction it seems :P

Avatar image for iloveatlus
#4 Edited by iloveatlus (599 posts) -

Hopefully they fixed it by launch

Avatar image for lostrib
#5 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

The game isn't even out yet...

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#7 Posted by NFJSupreme (6468 posts) -

That is the exact same performance as The Order 1886. I'm just saying though...

Avatar image for daious
#8 Posted by Daious (2315 posts) -

It is going to be better. Insominac already stated there is going to be performance gains.

Avatar image for SolidTy
#9 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

Sunset looks like the gameplay spiritual successor to Insomniac's Ratchet games which were highly rated and I enjoy. If Insomniac's latest gets great scores, I'll buy it for my Xbone.

Avatar image for killzowned24
#10 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

That is the exact same performance as The Order 1886. I'm just saying though...

The order doesn't have the quality of of PS3 game tho. Just look at dem sceenshots!

Avatar image for killzowned24
#12 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

@killzowned24:

Wow, dissing The Order so soon? I guess it is really that bad.

lol. is this seriously the best you mind could come up with?

Avatar image for batt1eratt1e
#13 Edited by Batt1eRatt1e (131 posts) -

Insomniac confirmed it's locked 30fps...this article failed

Just searched around again. It in fact will be locked. Current game play isn't locked but at release it will be. Already confirmed by the dev though so this article is means nothing.

Avatar image for sam890
#14 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Don't Cows have better things to do ?

Avatar image for killzowned24
#15 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@batt1eratt1e said:

Insomniac confirmed it's locked 30fps...this article failed

Just searched around again. It in fact will be locked. Current game play isn't locked but at release it will be. Already confirmed by the dev though so this article is means nothing.

I see you are a new user, but let it be known that devs word mean nothing until tested.

Avatar image for bldgirsh
#16 Edited by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

@sam890: They are trying to avoid the whole less AAA games on the indiestation.

Avatar image for silversix_
#17 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised if this ran almost twice as worst as DR3 did. X1 cannot handle games bigger than call of duty! Destiny on X1 will be a disaster, prepare your tears, lems.

Avatar image for lancex2
#18 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

you've gotta be shitting me? this is from e3, the game is months out and that e3 preview was probably a month old. MOST games performance phase is the last months before launch. so dumb.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#19 Edited by stereointegrity (11534 posts) -

@batt1eratt1e said:

Insomniac confirmed it's locked 30fps...this article failed

Just searched around again. It in fact will be locked. Current game play isn't locked but at release it will be. Already confirmed by the dev though so this article is means nothing.

Avatar image for TheRealBigRich
#20 Edited by TheRealBigRich (784 posts) -

not saying the the order 1886 will have any drops but where is that performance analysis ?

Avatar image for mems_1224
#21 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@sam890 said:

Don't Cows have better things to do ?

like what? ps4 has no games

Avatar image for batt1eratt1e
#22 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (131 posts) -

@stereointegrity: Google, it's a hell of a drug

Avatar image for navyguy21
#23 Posted by navyguy21 (14625 posts) -

The game comes out at the end of October.....

Avatar image for batt1eratt1e
#24 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (131 posts) -

@navyguy21: Exactly. Well the game has dips in the framerate. And? Is the game complete? Is it on the shelf for sale? No? Why waste time analyzing an incomplete build? The company must have nothing else going on.

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#25 Posted by NFJSupreme (6468 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

That is the exact same performance as The Order 1886. I'm just saying though...

The order doesn't have the quality of of PS3 game tho. Just look at dem sceenshots!

shitty performance is still shitty performance. I'm just being honest.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#26 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Analyzing a unfinished game? WTF! DF can go suck a di7k with their biased bullshit!

Yes, I'm having a drunk meltdown. FU

Avatar image for killzowned24
#28 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Analyzing a unfinished game? WTF! DF can go suck a di7k with their biased bullshit!

Yes, I'm having a drunk meltdown. FU

And if was shown to have great performance lems would be all over it...lol!

Avatar image for TheRealBigRich
#31 Edited by TheRealBigRich (784 posts) -

Avatar image for navyguy21
#32 Posted by navyguy21 (14625 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Analyzing a unfinished game? WTF! DF can go suck a di7k with their biased bullshit!

Yes, I'm having a drunk meltdown. FU

And if was shown to have great performance lems would be all over it...lol!

...and you would be downplaying it....

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#33 Posted by stereointegrity (11534 posts) -

@batt1eratt1e said:

@stereointegrity: Google, it's a hell of a drug

provide ur proof not google

Avatar image for sam890
#34 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Analyzing a unfinished game? WTF! DF can go suck a di7k with their biased bullshit!

Yes, I'm having a drunk meltdown. FU

Lol

Avatar image for AzatiS
#35 Edited by AzatiS (13696 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

That is the exact same performance as The Order 1886. I'm just saying though...

Do you even compare The Order graphics with this one ? Not that any of the 2 are remotely good but still ..

Also people should understand that many times is not the hardware alone should be blamed. Graphic engines many times is the root of such problems as FPS drops and many other problems

Avatar image for killzowned24
#36 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

@killzowned24 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Analyzing a unfinished game? WTF! DF can go suck a di7k with their biased bullshit!

Yes, I'm having a drunk meltdown. FU

And if was shown to have great performance lems would be all over it...lol!

...and you would be downplaying it....

Framerate is really just one problem in comparing. It just doesn't compare graphically even if was locked.

Avatar image for iwasgood2u
#37 Edited by iwasgood2u (831 posts) -

This game needs to be downgraded to 720p for better fps. Lemmings wont be happy if this happens . Sw will explode with laughters and lemmings will turn their back on insomniac.

Avatar image for Indicud
#38 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

that june sdk update sure helped

Avatar image for Zero5000X
#39 Posted by Zero5000X (8314 posts) -

Insomniac has no plans to increase rendering resolution, so the return of Kinect GPU resources to game-makers in combination with a concerted push for optimisation could help to even out performance, making Sunset Overdrive very much a game to look out for.

So, the current version doesn't appear to include the 10% boost. Problem solved.

Avatar image for hoosier7
#40 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

@Zero5000X: It's not a 10% boost.

Avatar image for ps4hasnogames
#41 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

wow, honestly they should just make games like the Wii U has. They obviously can't make any realistic games like PS4 and PC.

Avatar image for UnifiedConsole
#42 Posted by UnifiedConsole (44 posts) -

Really now were complaining about frame rate on games that haven't been released, if a lem analyzed Bloodborne they would be laughed off the forums but since its a Xboxone game who cares.... Pathetic.

Avatar image for Gatman32
#43 Posted by Gatman32 (493 posts) -

It doesn't come out for another four months.......

Avatar image for Zero5000X
#44 Posted by Zero5000X (8314 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@Zero5000X: It's not a 10% boost.

It has been stated as such.

Avatar image for navyguy21
#45 Posted by navyguy21 (14625 posts) -
@killzowned24 said:

@navyguy21 said:

@killzowned24 said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Analyzing a unfinished game? WTF! DF can go suck a di7k with their biased bullshit!

Yes, I'm having a drunk meltdown. FU

And if was shown to have great performance lems would be all over it...lol!

...and you would be downplaying it....

Framerate is really just one problem in comparing. It just doesn't compare graphically even if was locked.

In your OPINION. That doesnt make it a fact. I own both so i think i have a bit more credibility. FH2 looks better than Drive Club IMO, so what does that mean?

Face it, this early on games are going to look the same.

I know that PS4 will eventually have the better looking games, but they are closer than fanboys like to believe.

And besides, Drive Club is linear, it SHOULD look better than an open world racer.

Avatar image for gamersjustgame
#46 Edited by GamersJustGame (323 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Not very impressive, but expected for xbone.

"At its worst is a drop to 22fps during a combination of all these stress points. Sunset Overdrive also employs a very light adaptive v-sync, allowing the screen to very subtly tear within the top 10 per cent of the screen"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-sunset-overdrive-e3-tech-analysis

wow>> http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/8/6/8/5/2/SO_1.bmp.jpg

The game has another 5 months almost....... Fail

Avatar image for hoosier7
#47 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

@Zero5000X said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Zero5000X: It's not a 10% boost.

It has been stated as such.

I think you missed the thread just below this one on the front page:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-without-kinect-not-10-more-powerful-31369741/#62

Avatar image for hungbuck007
#48 Posted by HungBuck007 (25 posts) -

DF is so desperate for site clicks they are analyzing alpha builds of games now and what's even sadder is Cows are so desperate they are using this stuff as ammo because they have no games.

Avatar image for Zero5000X
#49 Posted by Zero5000X (8314 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@Zero5000X said:

@hoosier7 said:

@Zero5000X: It's not a 10% boost.

It has been stated as such.

I think you missed the thread just below this one on the front page:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/xbox-one-without-kinect-not-10-more-powerful-31369741/#62

The game in that article has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

Avatar image for CyberLips
#50 Posted by CyberLips (1826 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Analyzing a unfinished game? WTF! DF can go suck a di7k with their biased bullshit!

Yes, I'm having a drunk meltdown. FU

Isn't that what 99% of your posts are about? LOL