Suda 51 wants to remaster No More Heroes 1 and 2, bring them to PS4

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (24345 posts) -

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/07/suda51_in_talks_with_marvelous_over_no_more_heroes_1_and_2_ps4_remasters

Your thoughts, SW? I think it makes sense since a third game is in development. I haven't played the originals so I'm happy that they want to do so.

#2 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

Don't care.

Make Lolipop Chainsaw 2.

#3 Edited by sakaiXx (5878 posts) -

No more heroes 1&2 was not supported by Nintendo fans (as usual 3rd party problem), no sense it should remains exclusive when it can reach more audience.

Dont think the ps3/360 ver of the first game sold well either.

#4 Posted by DaVillain- (37411 posts) -

I rather have Lollipop Chainsaw remaster over No More Heroes 1 & 2.

#5 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5136 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic:

Can anyone vouch for these games' quality? Is this even good news?

#6 Posted by jaydan (2386 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

No more heroes 1&2 was not supported by Nintendo fans (as usual 3rd party problem), no sense it should remains exclusive when it can reach more audience.

Suda51 has a niche fanbase no matter what platform he releases his content on. It also does not spare the fact that No More Heroes 1 had an absolutely atrocious and broken open world.

#7 Edited by jaydan (2386 posts) -
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Can anyone vouch for these games' quality? Is this even good news?

No More Heroes 2 is the better of the two, and because it completely ditched the open world structure and focused entirely on the arcade action. I just can't say these are compelling games to play with a traditional controller, because these were originally designed with motion controls in mind. I remember trying No More Heroes way back when they ported it to the PS3, and playing the game just was not the same as it was on the Wii. They are ultimately mediocre action games without the motion controls.

What you're ultimately going to be getting is not a game based on solid gameplay but a game full of toilet and perverted humor.

#8 Posted by DaVillain- (37411 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

Suda51 games are kind of a hit or a miss for one reason or another. The quality of games is never as good as people hype up, but I did enjoy Lollipop Chainsaw though. Suda51 needs to invest Lollipop Chainsaw 2 as suggested by @Ant_17 over No More Heroes.

#9 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36454 posts) -

Nothing for Switch besides NMH 3, Suda? You know, being that the Wii is where the series began?

#10 Posted by Archangel3371 (28342 posts) -

Never played the No More Heroes games but I’d rather have a Lollipop Chainsaw 2 or even just a remaster of the first game.

#11 Posted by remiks00 (3830 posts) -

Without the wii motion controls, No More Heroes felt incredibly bland to be honest.

#12 Posted by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

Played and enjoyed the first one on Wii. Don’t care if I ever play another

#13 Posted by mojito1988 (3670 posts) -

I would buy No More Hero's 2 for Ps4. I loved that game very much.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (51234 posts) -

Suda51 can **** off with his "buy now might get sequel later" bullshit.

#15 Posted by Oemenia (10381 posts) -

I'm glad that Switch fanboys screech for shitty spin-offs, because then they fund the good stuff like this.

#16 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Suda51 can **** off with his "buy now might get sequel later" bullshit.

It worked for Capcom with DMC5.

#17 Posted by Jag85 (13595 posts) -

@davillain-: Lollipop Chainsaw was a collab between Suda 51 and James Gunn. Now that Gunn has moved on to MCU movies, not sure if he'd go back to Lollipop Chainsaw.

#18 Edited by DaVillain- (37411 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@davillain-: Lollipop Chainsaw was a collab between Suda 51 and James Gunn. Now that Gunn has moved on to MCU movies, not sure if he'd go back to Lollipop Chainsaw.

He's also busy with both Guardians of the Galaxy 3 & working with DC "The Suicide Squad movie" as well. Guess we won't see anything from Lollipop Chainsaw anytime soon :(

#19 Posted by Jag85 (13595 posts) -

@davillain-: Speaking of Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn reminds me of Juliett Starling. His version of Harley could resemble Juliett more closely. So you could see Suicide Squad 2 as a kind of spiritual successor to Lollipop Chainsaw.

#20 Posted by m_machine024 (15867 posts) -

Hmmm.... I'd replay NMH2 with motion controls on the Switch...

#21 Posted by Dark_sageX (3425 posts) -

Bring them both to PC please.

#22 Posted by KBFloYd (21884 posts) -

ps4 playing old games

switch gamers will be playing the new installment

#23 Posted by Litchie (24084 posts) -

Killer7 is the only Suda51 game I really liked.

#24 Posted by BIOKILLER123 (903 posts) -

Hopefully these remastered comes to PC I enjoyed the first game but, I didn't play the second.

#25 Edited by pixieValerie (7 posts) -

Should've given us that in the first place instead of giving us that awful Travis Strikes Again.

#26 Posted by getyeryayasout (12382 posts) -

As long as the DS4 uses its speaker like the Wii-mote, so you hold it to your ear to take in game phone calls.

That was just the coolest!

#27 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36454 posts) -
@Oemenia said:

I'm glad that Switch fanboys screech for shitty spin-offs, because then they fund the good stuff like this.

We're getting the third MAIN game though...

#28 Edited by pixieValerie (7 posts) -

Should've done that in the first place instead of giving us that horrible Travis Strikes Again.