Stuff like this is why PC is the greatest...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17790 Posts

https://www.pcgamer.com/you-can-now-play-half-life-as-originally-intended-as-spyro-the-dragon/

You just can't experience stuff like this on the closed console platforms...

Half-Life and Spyro... Brilliant! :)

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Sorry no time to watch the link, RDR2 just finished installing ;)

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

ROFL that’s fucking awesome.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@dr_vancouver said:

Sorry no time to watch the link, RDR2 just finished installing ;)

Beta test for me while I play my much larger/better library for this gen.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Jesus wept... presenting an argument for the most technologically advanced gaming system as being the greatest with garbage like this?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BassMan

@blueinheaven said:

Jesus wept... presenting an argument for the most technologically advanced gaming system as being the greatest with garbage like this?

Lighten up man. It is not all about AAA games that push hardware. I just got an RTX 2080 Ti today, but I can still appreciate fan made mods like this. You should embrace all aspects of PC gaming.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@blueinheaven: Thats one way to overreact to a light hearted post.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#9 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

other systems really can't compete with that. its just not fair at this point

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

probably one of the dumbest things ive ever seen. pass

the 2 most impressive open world games can only be played on consoles

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

the 2 most impressive open world games can only be played on consoles

theres a difference between open world and intelligent level design.

Half life design still beats any open world game to date.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15557 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Considering your posting history I find that hard to believe.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

I think PC is great...buut...buut not exactly for these same reasons!!!

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

My RD2 is on the way as we speak. I can't imagine not owning a console and having to talk about spyro the dragon while everyone else is playing red dead. People are wondering why people still buy consoles instead of switching to PC? There you go.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blueinheaven
@SchnabbleTab said:
@blueinheaven said:

Wow, do you have a copy of RDR2 up your ass?

WTF are you babbling on about?

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@kingsfan_0333 said:

My RD2 is on the way as we speak. I can't imagine not owning a console and having to talk about spyro the dragon while everyone else is playing red dead. People are wondering why people still buy consoles instead of switching to PC? There you go.

lmao "everyone else"

You guys and your bubbles.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BassMan

@kingsfan_0333 said:

I have the consoles and can easily play RDR2 right now if I want to. However, I will wait for the PC version so I can play it properly. The console versions are not good enough.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts
@kingsfan_0333 said:

You don't need to follow what everyone else is doing. Gaming is not a popularity contest.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@kingsfan_0333: I can go buy it right now if I want but I'm still chilling until the pc release. I learned my lesson from gta5 and will not accept a sub par expirence.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

Just pre-order Spyro Reignited Trilogy all because of this! Thank you BassMan :)

Oh and this is definitely the reason why you should build a nice decent budget friendly PC gmaing. Consoles just don't give you this satisfaction.

@blueinheaven said:
@SchnabbleTab said:
@blueinheaven said:

Who frat you're cereal in the morning?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58257 Posts

OMFG that is AWESOME! Black Mesa can suck it! (no just kidding Black Mesa you are also awesome and another reason PC is amazing)

@blueinheaven said:

Here's a tissue.

I'd stay longer to console you (HAHAHA get it?!) in your grief, but I have an awesome free mod to play for an awesome game that I can STILL play [20 years later] on my infinitely backwards compatible PC that did not cost me all that much to build. HUZZAH!

@unrealgunner said:
@kingsfan_0333 said:

You don't need to follow what everyone else is doing. Gaming is not a popularity contest.

Amen! Play what you want, don't be a puppet of the suits.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46169 Posts

Ok, that is pretty sweet.

Never played Spyro before, but I was always interested, so reignited will be my first time with the series.

Pixel_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24 Pixel_Mage
Member since 2018 • 80 Posts

Looks fun... for about 8 seconds.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

So this is what hermits do while they wait for news of a PC port for RDR2 lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:

We have plenty to keep us busy while waiting to play a proper version of RDR2. :)

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

RDR2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shitty mods

Sorry beggar race. (Love Spyro though)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Honestly, this looks like a wacky bit of fun that would be entertaining for about 5 minutes.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@SchnabbleTab said:
@blueinheaven said:

I'm just wondering if your high salt levels are related to RDR2 or something else.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blueinheaven
@mrbojangles25 said:

OMFG that is AWESOME! Black Mesa can suck it! (no just kidding Black Mesa you are also awesome and another reason PC is amazing)

@blueinheaven said:

Here's a tissue.

I'd stay longer to console you (HAHAHA get it?!) in your grief, but I have an awesome free mod to play for an awesome game that I can STILL play [20 years later] on my infinitely backwards compatible PC that did not cost me all that much to build. HUZZAH!

I have a good gaming PC, I also have consoles for exclusives. You: loves his PC. Me: loves games on all platforms, games over hardware all day every day. Yeah, that'll be the difference between us alright.

@SchnabbleTab said:
@blueinheaven said:
@SchnabbleTab said:
@blueinheaven said:

I'm just wondering if your high salt levels are related to RDR2 or something else.

No salt here. Do you say that to everyone who doesn't share your opinion? RDR2: Actually I decided against buying it. I'm playing AC Odyssey and loving every minute and it's a very big game so RDR2 is on hold.

Also, quite a few of the reviews praise things about RDR2 that I know already I'm not going to like, extended realism for the sake of it as one i.e. I'll buy it when the price drops.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

We have plenty to keep us busy while waiting to play a proper version of RDR2. :)

The laster race playing the waiting game AGAIN lol.

May the console master race take pity on your soul.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mrbojangles25

@blueinheaven: No, I have a PS4. It's a nice dust collector. No reason for me to own an Xbox (since I have a PC). Had a Wii, that was enough for me to say "no thanks".

Nice try at putting words in my mouth, though; I was merely replying to your melodramatic post, I never said anything about hating on consoles :)

Boy, talk about elitism; everyone is trashing the "PC master race" when really it's the multi-platform holders that are the real elitists.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

lol..."ok gif"..and by "proper" you mean, a year later,visually 1% better,needed patches,needed driver updates,etc..right??..I normally dont feel the need to reply,especially when its a "VS" type discussion but..srs..your pc version will have nothing on the console version also by then will be old news and on to the next game for consolers..

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

@i_p_daily: They also click “donate” at the Scam Citizen website while they wait.

Begging for ports and funding games that will never come out is the PC gamer way.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blueinheaven
@mrbojangles25 said:

@blueinheaven: No, I have a PS4. It's a nice dust collector. No reason for me to own an Xbox (since I have a PC). Had a Wii, that was enough for me to say "no thanks".

Nice try at putting words in my mouth, though; I was merely replying to your melodramatic post, I never said anything about hating on consoles :)

Boy, talk about elitism; everyone is trashing the "PC master race" when really it's the multi-platform holders that are the real elitists.

Wow, that's some leap you've made there. PC gamers constantly saying consoles are shit while people playing on more than one platform because they want choice are the ones who are elitist?

Do you want to read back what you just wrote I mean... seriously?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

I'm just cleaning out my backlog games anyways, so RDR2 PC version can take it's sweet time :)

Not like I'm missing much from RDR2 at the moment. I could always download the game on my PS4 anytime, but RDR2 however, it wasn't really on my radar to play it right away and the only game I'm hype to play next month is......Spyro Reignited Trilogy!!!!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

"You just can't experience stuff like this on the closed console platforms..." I'm glad because I don't want to anyway, it look boring as hell!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mrbojangles25

@blueinheaven said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Wow, that's some leap you've made there. PC gamers constantly saying consoles are shit while people playing on more than one platform because they want choice are the ones who are elitist?

PC gamers rarely say consoles are shit for no reason, they just list objective facts about why it's better when console gamers mouth off (generally going the "it's cheaper" or "derp exclusive" argument and little else).

Usually, what I see at least, is console gamers going "NYA NYA NYA look what we have SPIDERMAN nya nya nya" and, as this thread has gone along, that's pretty much what has happened: someone lightheartedly posted a mod for a 20-year old game and half-serious, half-jokingly said "this is why PC is the greatest", but all the children had to come out of the woodwork and go "Oh yeah if it's so great why don't you have RDR 2?!" and took it a bit too far because they can't take a joke.

This could have been a fun thread, but console gamers had to "keep it real" and we all know what happens when keeping it real goes wrong. You get bitchslapped with the truth.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blueinheaven
@mrbojangles25 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

PC gamers rarely say consoles are shit for no reason, they just list objective facts about why it's better when console gamers mouth off (generally going the "it's cheaper" or "derp exclusive" argument and little else).

Usually, what I see at least, is console gamers going "NYA NYA NYA look what we have SPIDERMAN nya nya nya" and, as this thread has gone along, that's pretty much what has happened: someone lightheartedly posted a mod for a 20-year old game and half-serious, half-jokingly said "this is why PC is the greatest", but all the children had to come out of the woodwork and go "Oh yeah if it's so great why don't you have RDR 2?!" and took it a bit too far because they can't take a joke.

This could have been a fun thread, but console gamers had to "keep it real" and we all know what happens when keeping it real goes wrong. You get bitchslapped with the truth.

What truth? You seem to have completely lost track of whatever point you may have started out with in your head.

There is no 'truth' to bitchslap anyone with. If you want the best performance and graphics buy a high end PC. If you want great exclusives buy a PS4 (or for some people, Switch). People like me who want both buy both. That's the only 'truth' about any of this.

The reason PC gamers are largely ridiculed is they talk about how PC beats everything when most of them have garbage PC's that don't 'beat' fucking anything. And ALL the elitists on this forum are PC gamers, every single last one.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@BassMan: exactly..I also own a 2080 ti and find this amusing

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BassMan

@VanDammFan said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

lol..."ok gif"..and by "proper" you mean, a year later,visually 1% better,needed patches,needed driver updates,etc..right??..I normally dont feel the need to reply,especially when its a "VS" type discussion but..srs..your pc version will have nothing on the console version also by then will be old news and on to the next game for consolers..

First off, the console version runs at 30fps, so you have no argument when it comes to quality. The graphics will indeed be better on the PC version by default and there will also be mods to push it further. I don't care if it will be old news to console gamers because a good game is a good game regardless of when you play it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Haha that's pretty awesome.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

hardwares outdated soon & upgrading needed,yeah!pc is the best

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

lol this just confirms that the PC really pales when it comes to games

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@blueinheaven said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

What truth? You seem to have completely lost track of whatever point you may have started out with in your head.

There is no 'truth' to bitchslap anyone with. If you want the best performance and graphics buy a high end PC. If you want great exclusives buy a PS4 (or for some people, Switch). People like me who want both buy both. That's the only 'truth' about any of this.

The reason PC gamers are largely ridiculed is they talk about how PC beats everything when most of them have garbage PC's that don't 'beat' fucking anything. And ALL the elitists on this forum are PC gamers, every single last one.

Lmao right, because it isn't the Cows bragging about being number 1 and kicking the xbox fans ANY chance they get? "buh buh my victim card"

Funny, how "PS4 games beat everything in graphics" yet what is the ownership % of PS4 Pros that can actually compete? far less than PCs.

The only people who are consistently ridiculed on this forums are cows that make up fake narratives constantly trying to remove the truth to put them in the number 1 spot.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blueinheaven
@kali-b1rd said:
@blueinheaven said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Lmao right, because it isn't the Cows bragging about being number 1 and kicking the xbox fans ANY chance they get? "buh buh my victim card"

Funny, how "PS4 games beat everything in graphics" yet what is the ownership % of PS4 Pros that can actually compete? far less than PCs.

The only people who are consistently ridiculed on this forums are cows that make up fake narratives constantly trying to remove the truth to put them in the number 1 spot.

There is certainly quite a variety of idiots on this forum. Apart from PC elitists, people who defend 30fps on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X in 2018 are also completely lolworthy and it's hilarious to suggest PS4 is best at anything other than coming up with great exclusives.

I don't sit in any of these camps so I feel free to laugh at and ridicule them all equally.

Zorenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zorenko
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

Wow

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

lol this just confirms that the PC really pales when it comes to games

Nevermind the fact that PC is first place in library list at this very sites review section (GS) and Metacritic.

THIS thread confirms it. Not actual review lists.