Streets of Rage 4 - April 30th release date; coming to Game Pass on the same day

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

In two weeks, the dream becomes a reality: Streets of Rage 4 will be here. Oh, and apparently you can play it for free on game pass if you have it.

Some bonus gameplay:

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Great news. I'll be waiting for my preordered physical version on PS4. Ordered it from Limited Run Games when it went live.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

The game is looking AMAZING, and now with the retro themed characters In all in!!!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#4 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

Yes, it's finally here!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

I want to support this game. I hope it supports 21:9 on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Wait is it only available on Xbox through digital only?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Hyped!!!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Renegade_Fury

@i_p_daily: From what I understand, for physical games, Microsoft requires that publishers have to make a certain number of copies. Unfortunately, it isn't always feasible, so that's why for games like this, it means that they can only be released physically on PS4 and Switch since I guess Sony and Nintendo are not as strict about the number. Microsoft is offering SoR4 on gamepass day one though, so there's that at least.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Renegade_Fury said:

@i_p_daily: From what I understand, for physical games, Microsoft requires that publishers have to make a certain number of copies. Unfortunately, it isn't always feasible, so that's why for games like this, it means that they can only be released physically on PS4 and Switch since I guess Sony and Nintendo are not as strict about the number. Microsoft is offering SoR4 on gamepass day one though, so there's that at least.

Can you show me some links on that because I genuinely would like to read it. Because if MS do make such a stupid demand then they are morons, as I will buy my games on disk FIRST, and will never pay for a full priced digital "copy" of a game.

I don't do game pass as I like to own my games and play them at my leisure and not worry about playing something because it may not be on there next month.

Yeah i'm an old school gamer, some say a Dinosaur lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@i_p_daily: just join the good teams aka PS4 or Nintendo

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Renegade_Fury

@i_p_daily said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

Can you show me some links on that because I genuinely would like to read it. Because if MS do make such a stupid demand then they are morons, as I will buy my games on disk FIRST, and will never pay for a full priced digital "copy" of a game.

I don't do game pass as I like to own my games and play them at my leisure and not worry about playing something because it may not be on there next month.

I couldn't find a full blown article at the moment, but Limited Games are the ones doing the SoR4 physical releases, so I hope that can suffice. I guess Microsoft just isn't high on small publishers when it comes to physical games.

For me, I play most of my games on PC, but I do like owning physical copies when it comes to my favorite series, so I get how you feel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Renegade_Fury said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

I couldn't find a full blown article at the moment, but Limited Games are the ones doing the SoR4 physical releases, so I hope that can suffice. I guess Microsoft just isn't high on small publishers when it comes to physical games.

For me, I play most of my games on PC, but I do like owning physical copies when it comes to my favorite series, so I get how you feel.

On this MS are morons, which puts me in a bit of a pickle as I want to support the game, but don't want to go digital, hmmm.

Say why can't Sega produce physical copies then? its not like can stop them.

@SolidGame_basic said:

@i_p_daily: just join the good teams aka PS4 or Nintendo

I'm already on the good team, but even the good team **** up every now & then, and these is one of those times.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Renegade_Fury

@i_p_daily: It's because SEGA is only licensing out the IP, which has been their strategy as of late for a lot of their older IPs that they never touch. It's basically what they did with the Panzer Dragoon Remake and Shenmue III, where they let those respective developers use the IP, but they had to figure out the finances and publishing on their own. So in essence, SEGA doesn't have to take much of a risk in case the games are a flop in sales. Even for Sonic Mania, which was technically first party, they didn't release a physical edition until the fans demanded it.

I mean, I would just get it since you're a SoR fan, and it looks like it's going to be pretty fun. Going digital isn't much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and Microsoft is also really good about backwards compatibility and preserving your purchases, unlike say Nintendo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58847 Posts

Is it just the characters that become pixelated? Be honest, with the clean backgrounds it looks out of place.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

I forgot about that game. Hopefully it finally comes out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Renegade_Fury said:

@i_p_daily: It's because SEGA is only licensing out the IP, which has been their strategy as of late for a lot of their older IPs that they never touch. It's basically what they did with the Panzer Dragoon Remake and Shenmue III, where they let those respective developers use the IP, but they had to figure out the finances and publishing on their own. So in essence, SEGA doesn't have to take much of a risk in case the games are a flop in sales. Even for Sonic Mania, which was technically first party, they didn't release a physical edition until the fans demanded it.

I mean, I would just get it since you're a SoR fan, and it looks like it's going to be pretty fun. Going digital isn't much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and Microsoft is also really good about backwards compatibility and preserving your purchases, unlike say Nintendo.

I waited until Sonic Mania went to disc, so I might give it 6 months after release to see if the same happens here. If it doesn't then I will have to probably bite the bullet and buy it digitally :(

Thanks for the info.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I want to support this game. I hope it supports 21:9 on PC.

That would be crazy. :-D