Street Racing or Futuristic Racing? which sub-genre will be more relevant for PS5/Xbox Scarlett's library of racing games?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) 3 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Street Racing or Futuristic Racing? which sub-genre will be more relevant for PS5/Xbox Scarlett's library of racing games? (12 votes)

Street Racing 75%
Futuristic Racing 25%

Hello there racers in System Wars board!

Here I come again for another early speculations on PS5 and Xbox Scarlett

On my previous poll thread: Sim Racing or Kart Racers? which sub-genre will be more relevant for PS5/Xbox Scarlett's library of racing games?

No Caption Provided

The result of user votes in between Sim Racing and Kart Racers got mixed ratio.

So now I wanted to do another poll thread.

Question: Which 2 sub-genre of racing games in between Street Racing and Futuristic Racing that you would reckon it will be more fitted for PS5/Xbox Scarlett's library of racing games in your opinion?

#1 Posted by me2002 (2177 posts) -

Bring Wipeout back Sony. New game not remaster.

#2 Posted by Heirren (2324 posts) -

F

Z

E

R

O X

Still the best.

#3 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -

@me2002 said:

Bring Wipeout back Sony. New game not remaster.

I kinda agree with that.

For me mostly I want Microsoft to bring Project Gotham Racing series back.

Also I hope Kylotonn to bring Test Drive series for PS5 and Xbox Scarlett.

#4 Posted by FinalFighters (3219 posts) -

i want futuristic street racing lol

#5 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

20 years ago, there was a futuristic racing game called San Francisco Rush 2049 for the arcades, Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo 64.

Well lets hope there will be a futuristic street racing game for PS5/Xbox Scarlett similar to San Francisco Rush 2049.

#6 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

I like street racing more. But honestly I'm quite a big fan of F-Zero and Wipeout, both dead series at this point, but nobody ever did futuristic racing quite like those two.

#7 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

I like street racing more. But honestly I'm quite a big fan of F-Zero and Wipeout, both dead series at this point, but nobody ever did futuristic racing quite like those two.

As far as I know that it seems there are not many gamers are interested in futuristic racing so it's likely the reason that Nintendo's F-Zero and Sony's Wipeout went hiatus for ages.

Also I believe that Sony and Microsoft doesn't seem to have any plans for a new futuristic racing or kart racing IP so heres why:

• Wipeout and Quantum Redshift are both inferior compared to F-Zero.
  • Modnation Racers and Joy Ride are both inferior compared to Mario Kart.

Well most racing fans who bought Playstation and Xbox so they're here for realistic looking racing games (sim racing and street racing), not kart & futuristic racers.

#8 Posted by Subspecies (740 posts) -

As long as it's supported by VR, I'm there either way.

#9 Posted by mtron32 (3955 posts) -

My favorite was Midnight Club but that series isn't coming back. I dont like futuristic racers and I don't like Sims so I'm done with racing games these days.

#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31608 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: Wipeout is inferior to the best F-zero games, yes. But wipeout 2048 is hands down some of the most fun I've had with a racing game, period.

Mario Kart has many clones sure, but the reason they can never beat the mario kart series is because it has such a famous and recognizable cast of characters. It's the characters that sell you on the game: Bowser, donkey kong, link,... All characters we care for and know already from other games. They are already established. Heck, it's the reason Luigi death stare became a meme.

No other series can hope to achieve this.

#11 Posted by warmblur (3025 posts) -

I just want a new Burnout game.

#12 Posted by Archangel3371 (28553 posts) -

I’m not really into the futuristic racers like Wipeout or F-Zero, Street racers are more my thing. A new Ridge Racer is at the top of my wish list right now.

#13 Posted by FinalFighters (3219 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@FinalFighters said:

20 years ago, there was a futuristic racing game called San Francisco Rush 2049 for the arcades, Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo 64.

Well lets hope there will be a futuristic street racing game for PS5/Xbox Scarlett similar to San Francisco Rush 2049.

omg yes i loved San francisco rush..never played 2049 tho

#14 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -
@warmblur said:

I just want a new Burnout game.

I hope there will be a new Burnout game by 2021 (marking 20th anniversary of Burnout series).

#16 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

I’m not really into the futuristic racers like Wipeout or F-Zero, Street racers are more my thing. A new Ridge Racer is at the top of my wish list right now.

I would love to see new Ridge Racer.

#17 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mclarenmaster18: Wipeout is inferior to the best F-zero games, yes. But wipeout 2048 is hands down some of the most fun I've had with a racing game, period.

Mario Kart has many clones sure, but the reason they can never beat the mario kart series is because it has such a famous and recognizable cast of characters. It's the characters that sell you on the game: Bowser, donkey kong, link,... All characters we care for and know already from other games. They are already established. Heck, it's the reason Luigi death stare became a meme.

No other series can hope to achieve this.

Mario Kart's gameplay is also really awesome.

For my experience on Mario Kart clones such as Modnation Racers, Sonic Racing, Crash Team Racing, Speed Punks, etc.
To me all of them are not that fun compared to Mario Kart series IMO.

So this is why I personally think Playstation 5 and Xbox Scarlett shouldn't get any kart racers for their library of racing games, if they get kart racers then who is going to buy and play it?

Also I find racing sim & arcade street racers are much more fitted for Playstation, Xbox and PC's library of racing games.

#18 Posted by BoxRekt (2028 posts) -

Skitchin anyone?

Loading Video...

Spent countless hours rocking this old underground gem. Outside of roadrash this was my ish for arcade racers in the day.

If they remade this with online play I'd be all over it.

#19 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -
@heirren said:

F

Z

E

R

O X

Still the best.

Unfortunately Sony and Microsoft couldn't make a futuristic racing game featuring hovering vehicles to be as good as Nintendo's F-Zero.

To me Sony and Microsoft will unlikely to develop another futuristic racing game IMO.

#20 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1712 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Skitchin anyone?

Loading Video...

Spent countless hours rocking this old underground gem. Outside of roadrash this was my ish for arcade racers in the day.

If they remade this with online play I'd be all over it.

EA used to be awesome until in 2011 where they get even worse than before.

Also that they don't seem to care about Burnout, Road Rash, Skitchin' and rest of their racing game IPs.

But hey at least they still have Need For Speed!