STOP comparing Halo3 to SSBB!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

One is a game in its own 3d fighting genre and the other is a FPS.

Just because some of their features are similar does not mean anything. All new multiplayer games will have these type of things.

hurley_house

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hurley_house
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

SSBB IS SO GONNA OWN HALO NOW IT HAS ITS OWN FORGE OMG FTW !!11!!!1!!

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
It doesn't matter. SSBM was the best selling game of the GC and Halo was of the Xbox. Both games are direct competitors in terms of system sellers/sales.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

hurley_house

Actually, SSBB's map editor lets you create your own levels, Forge is simply an *extremely* diluted version of Gary's mod that only lets you work with existing levels to place items on the map. How is that similar in any way? It's all fun and games stacking cores or flying your friends around by having them stand on a crate that you move, but is that the same as making your own maps from basic building blocks? I think not.

They're two different genres though, so yes, it's odd to directly compare them, other than to say "I'm more excited for SSBB".

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44031 Posts

Seems to me that the feed bag for the sheep has been contaminated with " Mad Cow " b/c lately, they seem to be afflicted with that same disease; over hype & under deliver.:lol:

Though most have only hyped SSBB officially as AA. ? :o

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DivergeUnify

Seems to me that the feed bag for the sheep has been contaminated with " Mad Cow " b/c lately, they seem to be afflicted with that same disease; over hype & under deliver.:lol:

SecretPolice
SSBB won't get AAA. I mean, Melee didn't get AAA and the gameplay between Brawl and Melee are near the same. Despite all the added features, I doubt it will be a 9.0
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

All new Fighting Games will have these things...

Really!

You heard it here first! VF5 to have map editor!

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="hurley_house"]

subrosian

Actually, SSBB's map editor lets you create your own levels, Forge is simply an *extremely* diluted version of Garry's mod that only lets you work with existing levels to place items on the map. How is that similar in any way? It's all fun and games stacking cores or flying your friends around by having them stand on a crate that you move, but is that the same as making your own maps from basic building blocks? I think not.

They're two different genres though, so yes, it's odd to directly compare them, other than to say "I'm more excited for SSBB".

Absolute truth
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hyrule-master

SecretPolice

Exatly LMAO. You just owned your own statement lol

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

SecretPolice

Well, Halo 3 was also overhyped and did under deliver. :|
It's a great game, but a 9.5? Hell no... 8.5 / 9.0 more like it.

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
I think the point people want to make is SSBB copied Halo 3 twice.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DivergeUnify
I think the point people want to make is SSBB copied Halo 3 twice.martin_f
Yeah some POS version of Garry's mod is some innovation :|
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="hurley_house"]

subrosian

Forge is simply an *extremely* diluted version of Gary's mod that only lets you work with existing levels to place items on the map.

Forge isn't a map editor or a version of one... it's a mode of play in itself. Many don't even realize this and thus don't play it like they should. Also because you can't find and join Forge games thats another reason. But when done right forge is amazing. I love batting people in the air with a radio antenna that I'm controlling in the air as the editor it's hilarious.

chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
Yeah..its not like creating a level was introduced by either of these games..
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
Smash Brothers is 2D with 3D graphics and some 3D elements.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="hurley_house"]

kcpp2b

Forge is simply an *extremely* diluted version of Gary's mod that only lets you work with existing levels to place items on the map.

Forge isn't a map editor or a version of one... it's a mode of play in itself. Many don't even realize this and thus don't play it like they should. Also because you can't find and join Forge games thats another reason. But when done right forge is amazing. I love batting people in the air with a radio antenna that I'm controlling in the air as the editor it's hilarious.

Gary's Mod is the same thing, only with a much deeper level of customization, more items, tighter control, and the ability to combine items to create all sorts of unique challenges. Tub racing? Yes please. I would suggest playing them side-by-side, as how weak Forge is by comparisson is absolutely painful. It's like playing The Sims and comparing it to a Tamagotchi.

It doen't hurt that you can mod Gary's mod, on top of what it already brings to the table.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kcpp2b

Gary's Mod is the same thing, only with a much deeper level of customization, more items, tighter control, and the ability to combine items to create all sorts of unique challenges. Tub racing? Yes please. I would suggest playing them side-by-side, as how weak Forge is by comparisson is absolutely painful. It's like playing The Sims and comparing it to a Tamagotchi.

It doen't hurt that you can mod Gary's mod, on top of what it already brings to the table.

subrosian

Doesnt take away from Forge for me dude. I love it, it's great as is Halo 3

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hyrule-master
The whole point was t stop comparing.
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hyrule-master
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

kcpp2b

Its good if you have 16 friends readily available. They need to update it so it can be at least drawn in by social matches.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Smash Brothers is 2D with 3D graphics and some 3D elements.Nerkcon

Smash bros is fully 3D but with 2D effects ... at least teh previous ones were, added to its charm to me :P

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="subrosian"]

Hyrule-master

Its good if you have 16 friends readily available. They need to update it so it can be at least drawn in by social matches.

I agree... if they did more people realize how wicked forge is. A lot of peopel on my friends list dont even understand that it's a form of gameplay and not just a place for them to edit the levels

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hyrule-master
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="subrosian"]

kcpp2b

I agree... if they did more people realize how wicked forge is. A lot of peopel on my friends list dont even understand that it's a form of gameplay and not just a place for them to edit the levels

Most people on XBL dont know what it is. Its I really intuitive idea but it needs to be played by random matches not just firend matches

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice  Online
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Hyrule-master

Me self own - never - but you did !

Why all this 2008 GOTY talk and of all redicules things; comparisons to Halo 3, legit (9.5) GOTY 2007 contender yet the sheep hype this game AA ?

Those who hyped Halo 3 put their rep. where their mouth was and Officially hyped it AAA !

Self owned = you ! :lol:

Me only look, see and comment ! ;)

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Two totally different genres, but they are both system sellers for their respective consoles.

SSBB will be awesome... can't wait to play it.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
i'm more excited about the single player in brawl (wvwn though the multiplayer looks AMAZING). Seriously. Mario and Sonic Teaming up? Snake and Link? so good
Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hyrule-master
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

Why all this 2008 GOTY talk and of all redicules things; comparisons to Halo 3, legit (9.5) GOTY 2007 contender yet the sheep hype this game AA ?

Those who hyped Halo 3 put their rep. where their mouth was and Officially hyped it AAA !

Ok let me explain this in a more simple tongue so you can understand.

You just said Nintendo fans over hype SSBB then in the same post realised we have already said gS is gonna give it an AA. Thats why your self owned. You cant just say self owned and not have a good reason for it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice  Online
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="Hyrule-master"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Hyrule-master

You just said Nintendo fans over hype SSBB then in the same post realised we have already said gS is gonna give it an AA. Thats why your self owned. You cant just say self owned and not have a good reason for it.

Maybe you truly don't get it !

Why then when a game is hyped only AA is it constantly being compared to a game that has ALREADY received the AAA ?

Need proof - look at all these threads calling SSBB GOTY or better then Halo 3 or any of the nonsense threads in the past few days.

Hopefully you get it b/c I'm done wasting key strokes on nonsense !

Good Day ! :(

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hyrule-master
[QUOTE="Hyrule-master"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="Hyrule-master"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

Maybe you truly don't get it !

Why then when a game is hyped only AA is it constantly being compared to a game that has ALREADY received the AAA ?

Need proof - look at all these threads calling SSBB GOTY or better then Halo 3 or any of the nonsense threads in the past few days.

Hopefully you get it b/c I'm done wasting key strokes on nonsense !

Good Day ! :(

lol just because were not hyping it as AAA on GS does not mean its not AAA. Obviously you have heard GS is basically a 360 site now because any shooter that is pretty gets an AAA. People are obviously gonna do the GOTY threads because its simply system war logic. Obviously Halo 3 will get GOTY if GS has anything to say about it. The game is being compared to it because of its features not because of what GS thinks about it.

As I was saying SLEF OWNED.

coltonnaslund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 coltonnaslund
Member since 2005 • 3793 Posts
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

DivergeUnify

SSBB won't get AAA. I mean, Melee didn't get AAA and the gameplay between Brawl and Melee are near the same. Despite all the added features, I doubt it will be a 9.0

you can quote me all you want....SSBB Will get AAA no doubt in my mind!!!

KeeperofDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KeeperofDingo
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
If the fanboys can't compare Halo 3 to Super Smash Bros: Brawl, what else will they **** and moan about?
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts

Yeah. I know for a fact it will get AAA other places. But everyone knows how GS likes to pwn sheep. So Im expecting an 8.5. Lol. Either an 8.5 or 9. But like I said GS h8s sheep...

I know IGN will give it a 9.6 or 9.7. It'll probably be in the 9.4 range in Game rankings.