PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Valve have really gone downhill they're a joke compared to what they used to be. Always used to be acceptable price and real good deals. Now the sale prices aren't even on par with physical console games wtf? Example Yooka-Laylee i wanted to try the other week £34.99 on steam... I checked on other key sites that work with steam and i was able to buy it off ebay for £3.50! Now the steam sales have started i checked Yooka-Laylee again at 66% off it still costs more than the physical PS4 version!

Now to Crash Bandicoot that's out this week. Deciding to get it for Switch or PC again well the prices are fuked. £34.99 on steam but the physical copy on Amazon for switch and the OneX is £30 and even cheaper other places. Again Key sites are selling it hell of a lot cheaper than that fat Half Life killer Gabe. But what's more funny is that Spyro Trilogy Reignited is cheaper by £5 and its not a year old port.

And don't tell me its up to the devs and publishers, games go cheaper with age not stay the same and cost more than its physical counterpart.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Yea, Steam sales are a joke now. It's pretty sad.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

And this is why digital will never take over.

Got Dissidia NT for 15 bucks new from a store, all digital stores have it full price.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

now there is a post of Entitlement attitude

they OWE me a sale and it MUST be good

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Still waiting on good steam and psn sales.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@PCgameruk said:

Valve have really gone downhill they're a joke compared to what they used to be. Always used to be acceptable price and real good deals. Now the sale prices aren't even on par with physical console games wtf? Example Yooka-Laylee i wanted to try the other week £34.99 on steam... I checked on other key sites that work with steam and i was able to buy it off ebay for £3.50! Now the steam sales have started i checked Yooka-Laylee again at 66% off it still costs more than the physical PS4 version!

Now to Crash Bandicoot that's out this week. Deciding to get it for Switch or PC again well the prices are fuked. £34.99 on steam but the physical copy on Amazon for switch and the OneX is £30 and even cheaper other places. Again Key sites are selling it hell of a lot cheaper than that fat Half Life killer Gabe. But what's more funny is that Spyro Trilogy Reignited is cheaper by £5 and its not a year old port.

And don't tell me its up to the devs and publishers, games go cheaper with age not stay the same and cost more than its physical counterpart.

You do know right that Valve is just a distribution platform, and do not control the prices of the games? that is 100% controlled by the owners of the game.

But yes the prices is not the same as it was ages ago, but did you really expect that? developers have caught on to the trend and instead of lowering the prices a lot 2-3 times a year, they lower them a bit multiple times during the year, so they don´t see people waiting with a buy because they know the sale is coming.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Key sites will always be cheaper, they buy games on cheaper regions and resell at profit, that's not exactly a news

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PCgameruk

@tryit said:

Gabe is that you? You OWE me Half Life episode 3

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:

yeah that too.

despite being told yearly for more than a decade you still think HF3 is going to happen.

anyway, Valve doesnt owe you a sale.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PCgameruk

@Jacanuk said:
@PCgameruk said:

You do know right that Valve is just a distribution platform, and do not control the prices of the games? that is 100% controlled by the owners of the game.

But yes the prices is not the same as it was ages ago, but did you really expect that? developers have caught on to the trend and instead of lowering the prices a lot 2-3 times a year, they lower them a bit multiple times during the year, so they don´t see people waiting with a buy because they know the sale is coming.

Why would the owners still be selling a year old game at release day price, but sell the physical version on another platform more than 50% cheaper?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt
@PCgameruk said:
@Jacanuk said:
@PCgameruk said:

Why would the owners still be selling a year old game at release day price, but sell the physical version on another platform more than 50% cheaper?

Civ 5 92% off...wow!

They owe me that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Crash Bandicoot is $24.99 for me

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@PCgameruk said:
@Jacanuk said:
@PCgameruk said:

Because you are not talking about the same thing.

Physical copies is first "bought" by the store, not the consumer, and the price is controlled by the store.

Steam is a digital distribution platform where the developer has direct control over the price.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

They are getting arrogant like Sony with the ps3... don't do it Valve.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

If you buy from key sellers you might aswell go all out and pirate the damn game... most of those sites are shady at best and illegal at worst( as in the keys come from stolen credit cards...)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69440 Posts

@tryit said:

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PCgameruk

@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:

yeah that too.

despite being told yearly for more than a decade you still think HF3 is going to happen.

It will! Im not after a sale, i want to know why games aren't going cheaper with age like the console versions.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TryIt
@Pedro said:
@tryit said:

that they owe him a sale?

no they dont owe him a sale, talk about some entitlement rainbow special snowflake bullshit

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:

yeah that too.

It will! Im not after a sale, i want to know why games aren't going cheaper with age like the console versions.

you are not owed a sale of ANY KIND. you are not owed a drop in prices either..ever

that is a privilege

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69440 Posts

@tryit said:

no they dont owe him a sale, talk about some entitlement rainbow special snowflake bullshit

Well I am not into the "rainbow special snowflake" categorization nonsense because the people who lean towards that categorization tend to share the same behavior when things are also not in their favor.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt
@Pedro said:
@tryit said:

Well I am not into the "rainbow special snowflake" categorization nonsense because the people who lean towards that categorization tend to share the same behavior when things are also not in their favor.

well thanks for sharing your view on that,

but a sale is not an entitlement, its a privilege.

peroid end of story no exceptions

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PCgameruk

@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:
@Jacanuk said:
@PCgameruk said:

Civ 5 92% off...wow!

They owe me that

@Gamerno6666 said:

Okay so is this a location thing? because Civ 5 is 75% off and Crash works out around $45. Its used to be on par with USA seems UK is on par with Australia now :(

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TryIt
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:
@Jacanuk said:

Civ 5 92% off...wow!

They owe me that

@Gamerno6666 said:

Okay so is this a location thing? because Civ 5 is 75% off and Crash works out around $45. Its used to be on par with USA seems UK is on par with Australia now :(

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/575/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_V_Complete/

my screen says -92% are you morally outraged that yours is only 75%?

again..a sale is a privilege. all of it, 100% of it, you are not owed a sale. what kind of entitlement emo complains about a sale?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58918 Posts

It's Publishers taking the piss.

Unfortunately gamers have no spinal cord and will make hollow barks in response.

Whatever shit they want to pull, they will pull.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jacanuk

@uninspiredcup said:

Unfortunately gamers have no spinal cord and will make hollow barks in response.

Ya, how dare publishers/developers care about the bottom line.

All they should do is serve the needs of the gamers and relay on the mercy of them, and live off handouts and scraps.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PCgameruk

@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:
@Jacanuk said:

Civ 5 92% off...wow!

They owe me that

@Gamerno6666 said:

again..a sale is a privilege. all of it, 100% of it, you are not owed a sale. what kind of entitlement emo complains about a sale?

Can you piss off to someone else thread please.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Vaasman  Online
Member since 2008 • 15565 Posts

I'm not sure if you know this but sites selling keys for that cheap are doing so because they acquire them through blatantly illegal means. I hope you gave them a paypal or something or you can kiss your credit goodbye when they charge a ton of random keys to it suddenly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@PCgameruk: Yes its a regional thing. The price of games are cheap in asia region.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#29  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Compare digital to digital, not legit digital to key reseller or physical discount copies.

If you're not using a price tracker then you're doing it wrong. Price history according to Cheapshark(legit storefronts, not key resellers), along with current PSN price. You could have had this game months ago for only $11.99...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is $40 on Steam. It's also $40 for the Switch version on Gamestop, Amazon, and Best Buy.

US$40 = 30.16 GBP

Maybe the prices just suck across the pond.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58918 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Ya, how dare publishers/developers care about the bottom line.

All they should do is serve the needs of the gamers and relay on the mercy of them, and live off handouts and scraps.

That's exactly what they should be doing. Being in a business isn't an asshole pass. If they want any empathy after crying their faces off about piracy, or used games etc... then display some back. don't be clucking about the same treatment. As soon as they try that overpriced shit my first trip is the a key-site, been underpaying for years. Good service.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PCgameruk

Well Yooka-Laylee on GOG is £7.99 compared to steams £34.99. Anymore excuses?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TryIt
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:
@tryit said:
@PCgameruk said:

Civ 5 92% off...wow!

They owe me that

@Gamerno6666 said:

Can you piss off to someone else thread please.

you are not entitled to a sale.

sales are privileges, not entitlements

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Funny, I ran across a headline the other day saying people aren't partaking in this year's Steam sale and something like it is baffling because there's tons of good deals being passed on. But if what TC said is correct, makes sense why people aren't biting.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

Just sucks that Steam Sales aren't what they used to be. I was hoping for some good VR deals just to buy when I pick up a VR later this year but there isn't really anything good that hasn't been on sale in the Oculus store for weeks now.

At any case, my backlog is too huge and nothing's really jumping out as a must-buy that I don't already own as it stands. I'll wait for Winter sales to start buying something worth a damn.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TryIt
@lamprey263 said:

Funny, I ran across a headline the other day saying people aren't partaking in this year's Steam sale and something like it is baffling because there's tons of good deals being passed on. But if what TC said is correct, makes sense why people aren't biting.

I think its more that they have already bought all the interesting titles.

games like The Forest are becoming harder to find now.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Yeah, it's not like what it used to be, because there's nothing being sold at a large enough discount on my wishlist for me to budge on.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@tryit said:

He didn't say that anybody owes him a sale, you old freak. Does your reading comprehension get worse from day to day? But when there IS a sale (which is not owed to anybody) then prices should actually be good because you know... good prices are the actual point of a freaking sale. Now go and play your cinematic AAA games.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TryIt
@nethernova said:
@tryit said:

He didn't say that anybody owes him a sale, you old freak. Does your reading comprehension get worse from day to day? But when there IS a sale (which is not owed to anybody) then prices should actually be good because you know... good prices are the actual point of a freaking sale. Now go and play your cinematic AAA games.

no the prices 'should not'

sales, all of it, 100% of it, is a PRIVILEGE so there is no 'should' which implies you feel like you are owed something.

getting morally outraged about a fucking sale and ranting about what they 'should' do is about as SJW as it gets

and what people 'should' do when they are encountered with a 'privilege' is be a little grateful that the sale exists at all, because it doesn't have to.

that is how sales work, they are not a duty, they are a gift

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Steam sales have been crap for a while now. I check it out when the sale begins but I don’t get excited for them anymore.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I think only 1st world countries are affected. The regional pricing here in the Philippines is somewhat decent.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol yup..so the waiting for discounts continues.. :P

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@tryit: For Christ’s sake would you shut the hell up?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19567 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

And this is why digital will never take over.

Got Dissidia NT for 15 bucks new from a store, all digital stores have it full price.

Man, digital took over in 2004.

Physical games are still hanging on for the consoles, but they are also on their way out. I probably buy 5% of my games physically across all platforms

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

It’s June....why are you expecting amazing sales right now?

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

I just got the email from Steam saying my order of Steam Link and a Steam controller (total: something like $36) was getting ready to ship, so I'm looking forward to setting that up.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#48 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@tryit said:

Well no, they use to offer something and they've stopped offering it. It's reasonable to make that observation.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#49 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

People repeat this ad nausem. Where did you read that Steam does not set prices?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

It's true, Steam sales used to be the stuff of legends. I am kinda happy with how it is now though. Less money being spent on new games when there's already a backlog sitting there that won't get completed in one lifetime.