Steam bends the knee to Microsoft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1847 Posts

In this battle of PC vs PC, Steam has been losing to EGS. Now Microsoft is humiliating and dominating Steam by having Unreal Engine 4, made by Epic, support their new Hololens. Microsoft and Epic are currently bffs now, with Valve being excluded. :'(

https://venturebeat.com/2019/05/02/why-epic-games-called-a-truce-with-microsoft-on-open-platforms/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

I'd say you're trying too hard, but these threads are really bad.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Ok, last thread on this today mate. I know you crave attention, but...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

Misleading title: should be "Epic bends the knee to MS". After all, what would Epic do without MS? Develop games for Mac? LOL not quite.

Anyway, whatever. Valve Index didn't sell out in 30 minutes :P I must be crazy to think they are any good.

How many sales has Hololens made? To actual consumers, mind you; I'm not too concerned with the 100k they sold to the army.

We get it; VR is fake news, PC gaming is dying, Valve is a monopolistic megacorporation and Tencent-Epic is our savior, blah blah blah...Do doomsayers like you @luxuryheart ever get tired of the sky not actually falling? Valve is a privately-owned company who, thankfully, can measure success by their own metrics. They don't need to compete with anyone but themselves.

Let's also note the hypocrisy of the opening statement of the article you linked:

A couple of years ago, Microsoft and Epic Games executives were mad at each other. Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney called out Microsoft because he saw it making moves to close off the Windows 10 store and hurt the openness of the PC.

Tell me again, what storefront is concerned with exclusivity rights and bribing developers? Steam, or Tencent-Epic? That's reeaaaaaaalllly open of you, Epic, really doing that whole "openness" thing, Epic.

PC RULES! CONSOLE SUCKS!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Now that they have nappy time I don't see why they should get more attention