Star Wars The Old Republic - EPIC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

Just came out of the massive beta test weekend and I have to say I was blown away. Now I really don't like MMO's. Never bothered with them, never tried WoW but I did try Guild Wars and it was OK. With SWTOR I couldn't pull myself away, stopped me from playing Skyrim over the weekend. Just so much content, so many things to do, so many variations. The sense of achievement when you get your space craft (although the space battles are just average).

My thoughts on this MMO has completely changed, I have now pre-ordered it. The 20th of December can't come soon enough! Anyone else gave the beta a go and loved it? Or maybe you didn't like it?

Btw, I got no crashes/freezes, no lag etc. Fantastic for a beta. I tried Sith Marauder, but I'm looking forward to trying the other classes. :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Hmm, Since I can get Kotor 3, this makes me want to go out and get a nice gaming PC just for this one. :D

But.. I'll likely wait, ponder, procrastinate etc. :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

Got into testing. Realized the beta was a 25gb download. Laughed and walked away :P

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Got into testing. Realized the beta was a 25gb download. Laughed and walked away :P

lundy86_4
I had the whole thing downloaded in less than an hour. :-| Anyways, I played the beta for a short bit this weekend, didn't draw me in. I did play WoW, Guildwars, Warhammer, Rift, etc... I can understand that someone who's never spent much time on MMOs will find this an extreme lot of fun and the sense of accomplishment exhilarating. Except for the story moments in which you can make your own choices, this is a pretty standard MMO and follows the same queues as the above mentioned titles. Unfortunately, I didn't find it to be something spectacular. It's good, but I doubt I will pick it up.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

lundy86_4
I only had to download about 9GB of data, a few small patches afterwards only took about a further 500MB so i'm not sure if it's being highly compressed or whatever but i certainly did not have to download THAT much.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JohnF111
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Nightflash28
I had the whole thing downloaded in less than an hour. :-| Anyways, I played the beta for a short bit this weekend, didn't draw me in. I did play WoW, Guildwars, Warhammer, Rift, etc... I can understand that someone who's never spent much time on MMOs will find this an extreme lot of fun and the sense of accomplishment exhilarating. Except for the story moments in which you can make your own choices, this is a pretty standard MMO and follows the same queues as the above mentioned titles. Unfortunately, I didn't find it to be something spectacular. It's good, but I doubt I will pick it up.

Yeah i noticed that too, most likely a game where the first million players get bored after a month and go back to WoW, GW and Rift or whatever MMO they play. The formula sort of bored me as well but i really liked the change of story and universe so i might bite and order it.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ducati101

Hmm, Since I can get Kotor 3, this makes me want to go out and get a nice gaming PC just for this one. :D

But.. I'll likely wait, ponder, procrastinate etc. :P

SecretPolice

Would love to have a Kotor 3, but this is good enough. There are story arcs that continue from Kotor 1 for example. The good thing is, you really don't need a gaming PC for this. It's not a graphic intensive game, so a decent PC/laptop will do. The artstyle is more towards the clone wars animated series.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Played it, didn't like it. Not Epic at all.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ducati101

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Nightflash28

How far did you get? Cos the intial starting area (Korriban for me) is pretty basic and run of the mill. But once you leave that place the whole thing really explodes, even more when you get your starship. I think the quests are fun and challenging, especially the heroic ones! Voice acting on everything too :) Although the game world is very daunting, it's huge!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4  Online

I had the whole thing downloaded in less than an hour. :-| Nightflash28

That's pretty awesome. Mine would have taken a whilem, because at the time the download was slow as all heck. Still, I couldn't do it, as I didn't have enough bandwidth left :(

I only had to download about 9GB of data, a few small patches afterwards only took about a further 500MB so i'm not sure if it's being highly compressed or whatever but i certainly did not have to download THAT much.JohnF111

Really? I heard it was around 25gb's on numerous forums. Unfortunately, it doesn't give you a total on the DL software.

Did you participate in a previous testing period?

Aquaunitpatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Aquaunitpatrol
Member since 2011 • 515 Posts
But wut about those other flaws you failed to mention?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JohnF111

Really? I heard it was around 25gb's on numerous forums. Unfortunately, it doesn't give you a total on the DL software.

lundy86_4

No never done a previous beta test, although i wished and hoped that i did get into them. I thought my downloader had failed as i also heard it was 25GB so i redownloaded the Downloader incase maybe i was using the wrong one but nope, everything booted up perfectly and i logged in and away i went.

Oh and currently my install folder is 18GB i'm thinking the 25GB is maybe the final game or something or a worst case scenario for applying a hundred large patches.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]Really? I heard it was around 25gb's on numerous forums. Unfortunately, it doesn't give you a total on the DL software.

JohnF111

No never done a previous beta test, although i wished and hoped that i did get into them. I thought my downloader had failed as i also heard it was 25GB so i redownloaded the Downloader incase maybe i was using the wrong one but nope, everything booted up perfectly and i logged in and away i went.

Oh and currently my install folder is 18GB i'm thinking the 25GB is maybe the final game or something or a worst case scenario for applying a hundred large patches.

Yeah, I heard that the folder was only 18gb, even after downloading more data. That's crazy that it worked for you.

I wasn't patient enough to download it (the servers were slow) nor risk going over my bandwidth :P

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JohnF111

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]Really? I heard it was around 25gb's on numerous forums. Unfortunately, it doesn't give you a total on the DL software.

lundy86_4

Yeah, I heard that the folder was only 18gb, even after downloading more data. That's crazy that it worked for you.

I wasn't patient enough to download it (the servers were slow) nor risk going over my bandwidth :P

Yeah i had a few slowdowns it declined gradually to 0kbps but pausing and resuming seemed to fix it and i was back up at my broadbands limit of 740kbps( :( )
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I came to several conclusions from the SWTOR beta.

1. Game was actually better than I thought (my expectations were really low though)
  2. We need more modern/futuristic rpgs
  3. These rpgs will also need to actually take advantage of futuristic/modern setting (something SWTOR didnt do)
  4. Bioware's writing is still ****
  5. Bioware actually has one decent writer. He goes by the name Alexander Freed.
  6. I heard that the Republic Trooper had a good story as well. So make it two (Alexander Freed and Charles Boyd)
  7. I like playing as fat people
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

lundy86_4

Oh my god....You should of downloaded it.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

[QUOTE="Nightflash28"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

ducati101

How far did you get? Cos the intial starting area (Korriban for me) is pretty basic and run of the mill. But once you leave that place the whole thing really explodes, even more when you get your starship. I think the quests are fun and challenging, especially the heroic ones! Voice acting on everything too :) Although the game world is very daunting, it's huge!

Granted, I didn't get that very far into the game. Didn't have as much time as I would have liked to invest testing the game. I didn't make it out of the starting area, so maybe I may be judging the game prematurely. As others have said above me though, it just seems to rely too heavily on the same formula. I did enjoy the story moments and this is something I really have been missing in MMORPGs; although is based around multiplayer (of course) it's also an RPG and it should tell you a story, at best a personal one, which this game finally does. But yeah, I can't shake the feeling that if you played a lot of MMOs, TOR simply won't impress that much. :-/
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lundy86_4  Online

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

dreman999

I'll wait for it to release. As much as I was excited to test it, I didn't want to go over my bandwidth limit.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

I'll wait for it to release. As much as I was excited to test it, I didn't want to go over my bandwidth limit.

Wait...you don't have unlimited? Is this school or are you really paying for limited service?
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

lundy86_4

The install size wias 25gbs, you didn't have to DL near that amount.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dreman999

[QUOTE="ducati101"]

[QUOTE="Nightflash28"] I had the whole thing downloaded in less than an hour. :-| Anyways, I played the beta for a short bit this weekend, didn't draw me in. I did play WoW, Guildwars, Warhammer, Rift, etc... I can understand that someone who's never spent much time on MMOs will find this an extreme lot of fun and the sense of accomplishment exhilarating. Except for the story moments in which you can make your own choices, this is a pretty standard MMO and follows the same queues as the above mentioned titles. Unfortunately, I didn't find it to be something spectacular. It's good, but I doubt I will pick it up. Nightflash28

Granted, I didn't get that very far into the game. Didn't have as much time as I would have liked to invest testing the game. I didn't make it out of the starting area, so maybe I may be judging the game prematurely. As others have said above me though, it just seems to rely too heavily on the same formula. I did enjoy the story moments and this is something I really have been missing in MMORPGs; although is based around multiplayer (of course) it's also an RPG and it should tell you a story, at best a personal one, which this game finally does. But yeah, I can't shake the feeling that if you played a lot of MMOs, TOR simply won't impress that much. :-/

I have to agree with ducati101 . the starting areas are very leneir but with reason...To teach the player...Once you get off the starter worlds....It gets huge. Each new world you go yo is larger then the next. I got up to Taris, the planet Darth Malic rain death on, and I found the quest fun. Sure, the questing is mostly similar to other mmos but it's still expansive and your given better motivation and story. Any one can tell you it's class build that rule concepts of any rpg and mmo.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lundy86_4  Online

Wait...you don't have unlimited? Is this school or are you really paying for limited service?dreman999

When the option is limited service or... Nothing. I choose limited service. Cogeco has a chokehold on my area, and thus unlimited internet is not offered :( At least at the speed I want, as I would have to seriously downgrade otherwise.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"]Wait...you don't have unlimited? Is this school or are you really paying for limited service?lundy86_4

When the option is limited service or... Nothing. I choose limited service. Cogeco has a chokehold on my area, and thus unlimited internet is not offered :( At least at the speed I want, as I would have to seriously downgrade otherwise.

Ouch.....Not even satellite internet? It sounds like this guys are milking you good.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Had a blast with it over the weekend but i am a big MMO player (currently playing Rift and WoW). Lag free and crash free altough there was a funky issue with ATI cards that disabled AA completely so the game was pretty damn jagged, though still looked fantastic.

One thing i was blown away with though is how brilliantly they've done storytelling in an MMO, that couple with companions and i was in KOTOR heaven. During the weekend i tried, Sith Warrior (lvl 12), Jedi Consular (lvl 11) and Bounty Hunter (lvl 20) the stories were fantastic for all though my favourite would have to be Sith Warrior (who doesnt love the chance to be thoroughly evil, and get rewarded for it).

So yeah, cant wait for it to be released and i'm definitely going through withdrawal today. GIEF NAO !!

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GD1551

This game is KOTOR btw, I kinda feel sorry for the fans on this one since it's really well done.

I took a few screenshots of various planets, my ship and other stuff, had them on the PC forum might as well share. The game itself looks good, but it could look better and be better optimized. Sometimes my performance would be miserable, other times I'm getting 110+ frames in the sith capital.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GD1551

I have to agree with ducati101 . the starting areas are very leneir but with reason...To teach the player...Once you get off the starter worlds....It gets huge. Each new world you go yo is larger then the next. I got up to Taris, the planet Darth Malic rain death on, and I found the quest fun. Sure, the questing is mostly similar to other mmos but it's still expansive and your given better motivation and story. Any one can tell you it's class build that rule concepts of any rpg and mmo.

dreman999

The questing isn't like most mmos thanks to the convo system, you can choose options that the quest giver did not assign to you. Though for me at least, the starting areas of jedi are the worst, with the non-force based classes having the best starting zones.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

GD1551

The questing isn't like most mmos thanks to the convo system, you can choose options that the quest giver did not assign to you. Though for me at least, the starting areas of jedi are the worst, with the non-force based classes having the best starting zones.

I'm not saying I hate questing...I love it. But in the end I can understand if someone can say the conversations for each quest is just window dressing. But most of the people also for get the conversation system is also game play as well. It make the experience deeper. Those who can get into the depth of this "character roleplaying mmo" will never understand it.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lundy86_4  Online

Ouch.....Not even satellite internet? It sounds like this guys are milking you good.dreman999

I'm not sure about satellite internet. But cable is the only option, and the only provider is Cogeco. It's not too bad. They just upgraded to 80gb of bandwidth. It would be nicer to have unlimited though :P

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="dreman999"]

dreman999

I'm not saying I hate questing...I love it. But in the end I can understand if someone can say the conversations for each quest is just window dressing. But most of the people also for get the conversation system is also game play as well. It make the experience deeper. Those who can get into the depth of this "character roleplaying mmo" will never understand it.

I thought it was dressing at first then I realized it could change the objectives of the quest and choices have an impact on how you look and even what gear you could use. I think Dark 1 gave me red eyes and locked me out of any colour lightsaber but red/orange, not sure if purple is in the game.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts
Sorry if this is all the game gots. Patch 4.3 jst hit and it pretty mch trumps this game.
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

I enjoyed the Imperial Agent quite a bit, infact, I posted my thoughts in the PC/Mac sub-forum, and then went to playa little more, I still maintain the character models and armour graphics are absolute ******, but the Planets them selves are very nice. But I may end up buying the game just to continue my Agent and defeat the unseen enemies of the Empire.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ducati101
But wut about those other flaws you failed to mention?Aquaunitpatrol
Like? Could you be clear please.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

I came to several conclusions from the SWTOR beta.

1. Game was actually better than I thought (my expectations were really low though)
  2. We need more modern/futuristic rpgs
  3. These rpgs will also need to actually take advantage of futuristic/modern setting (something SWTOR didnt do)
  4. Bioware's writing is still ****
  5. Bioware actually has one decent writer. He goes by the name Alexander Freed.
  6. I heard that the Republic Trooper had a good story as well. So make it two (Alexander Freed and Charles Boyd)
  7. I like playing as fat people

Maroxad

I think who ever did the Inquisitor did a fine job... sure as hell got a laugh out of me, proper twist in the story.

GD1551

Some of it is, Balmorra is quite poorly paced, who ever made the decisions with it should probably be kicked in the gut.. It feels very mmo'ey at the end... 'cause it puts the 'bonus' missions right after you finish your story and they give Too many quests at once, which just makes you not care about what you're doing, just becomes a standard quest grind x.x.

Everything else felt great though, did Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Balcrappa, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, and some of Taris during this last test (lvl31 inquisitor) Balmorra almost made me reconsider buying the game, thought they were just front loading content and was pissed, though Tatooine redeemed it and contained this gem: (class related)

[spoiler] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ8dQLYzkBU [/spoiler]

Also, I think the Sith Corruption mechanic could use a slider, I enjoyed having hawt orange eyes at lvl 1, but being pink (lvl2+) sucked. I'm not sure about how it works though, if you lose some corruption if you push your light back up... O.o or if you keep it but just your alignment goes back up?

Either way, it would kinda suck to have to stick around lvl1 dark for optimal Twi'lek appearance, since you don't have a base option of red/orangeish eyes... and sadly no properly red skin...

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ducati101

[QUOTE="ducati101"]

[QUOTE="Nightflash28"] I had the whole thing downloaded in less than an hour. :-| Anyways, I played the beta for a short bit this weekend, didn't draw me in. I did play WoW, Guildwars, Warhammer, Rift, etc... I can understand that someone who's never spent much time on MMOs will find this an extreme lot of fun and the sense of accomplishment exhilarating. Except for the story moments in which you can make your own choices, this is a pretty standard MMO and follows the same queues as the above mentioned titles. Unfortunately, I didn't find it to be something spectacular. It's good, but I doubt I will pick it up. Nightflash28

Maybe your right. If I actually played other MMO's (apart from Guild Wars), then maybe I would not have been so impressed. Probably was saving myself for this one :P I got to level 20 in the game, wide skill levels to choose from. Plus crafting and modifying my lightsaber gave me childhood nostalgia :)

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Inconsistancy

Maybe your right. If I actually played other MMO's (apart from Guild Wars), then maybe I would not have been so impressed. Probably was saving myself for this one :P I got to level 20 in the game, wide skill levels to choose from. Plus crafting and modifying my lightsaber gave me childhood nostalgia :)

ducati101

I've played a fair amount of mmos, UO, EQ, EQ2, WoW(still play...), Aion(betax2), Eve(trialx2), AoC(trial), GW(trial), and it was the only one to actualy impress me.. it puts the RPG in MMORPG imo.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
Got into the beta it was overall a pleasant exprience. Might pick it up sometime later... or I will just wait for GW2 :)
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ducati101

Had a blast with it over the weekend but i am a big MMO player (currently playing Rift and WoW). Lag free and crash free altough there was a funky issue with ATI cards that disabled AA completely so the game was pretty damn jagged, though still looked fantastic.

One thing i was blown away with though is how brilliantly they've done storytelling in an MMO, that couple with companions and i was in KOTOR heaven. During the weekend i tried, Sith Warrior (lvl 12), Jedi Consular (lvl 11) and Bounty Hunter (lvl 20) the stories were fantastic for all though my favourite would have to be Sith Warrior (who doesnt love the chance to be thoroughly evil, and get rewarded for it).

So yeah, cant wait for it to be released and i'm definitely going through withdrawal today. GIEF NAO !!

Snugenz

I only used a Sith Marauder (lvl 20), love being full of myself ingame :) The Kotor 1 story links are interesting. It's cool that you can send companions to do missions like find power crystals etc. Would hate if I had to farm for those. Apart from the major things, i like the little touches too. Like when there is a loot drop, you can tell from the colour if it's worth picking up just by looking.

Same here man, going through withdrawal today :( Maybe they will do another beta test next weekend?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GD1551

Some of it is, Balmorra is quite poorly paced, who ever made the decisions with it should probably be kicked in the gut.. It feels very mmo'ey at the end... 'cause it puts the 'bonus' missions right after you finish your story and they give Too many quests at once, which just makes you not care about what you're doing, just becomes a standard quest grind x.x.

Everything else felt great though, did Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Balcrappa, Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, and some of Taris during this last test (lvl31 inquisitor) Balmorra almost made me reconsider buying the game, thought they were just front loading content and was pissed, though Tatooine redeemed it and contained this gem: (class related)

Also, I think the Sith Corruption mechanic could use a slider, I enjoyed having hawt orange eyes at lvl 1, but being pink (lvl2+) sucked. I'm not sure about how it works though, if you lose some corruption if you push your light back up... O.o or if you keep it but just your alignment goes back up?

Either way, it would kinda suck to have to stick around lvl1 dark for optimal Twi'lek appearance, since you don't have a base option of red/orangeish eyes... and sadly no properly red skin...

Inconsistancy

Yeah I think they should allow you to choose what cosmetics you want from dark/light (not actually sure what light gives), I was actually thinking of going a light side sith for lulz. Good to hear that only one zone is kinda lame, for the most part every MMO has "that zone" that most people hate.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GD1551

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

ducati101

I only used a Sith Marauder (lvl 20), love being full of myself ingame :) The Kotor 1 story links are interesting. It's cool that you can send companions to do missions like find power crystals etc. Would hate if I had to farm for those. Apart from the major things, i like the little touches too. Like when there is a loot drop, you can tell from the colour if it's worth picking up just by looking.

Same here man, going through withdrawal today :( Maybe they will do another beta test next weekend?

I actually like the feature alot. That way you can up your professions while instancing or doing other things.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ducati101
Anyone know if you will be able to carry on your beta character in the full game?
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GD1551

Anyone know if you will be able to carry on your beta character in the full game? ducati101

You can't, it will be deleted.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

I thought it was dressing at first then I realized it could change the objectives of the quest and choices have an impact on how you look and even what gear you could use. I think Dark 1 gave me red eyes and locked me out of any colour lightsaber but red/orange, not sure if purple is in the game.

I know. But you still have to deal with game play any way. As I said, the story is also gameplay.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dreman999
Sorry if this is all the game gots. Patch 4.3 jst hit and it pretty mch trumps this game. Allthishate
I bet you haven't even played Swtor.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ducati101

[QUOTE="ducati101"]Anyone know if you will be able to carry on your beta character in the full game? GD1551

You can't, it will be deleted.

Damn thats a shame. No worries though :)

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dreman999
Anyone know if you will be able to carry on your beta character in the full game? ducati101
That character is gone. Let them rest in peace.
Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

WoW in space with voice acting doesn't really strike me as epic. I played it a little bit, realized that that was all it was and quit. But more power to you if you do enjoy it.

hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

I've been playing it since August. Overall I like it a lot. Not sure if it's worth paying whatever the monthly fee will be, but we'll see.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

So how does this game compared to WoW?, well it will come down to endgame. Whichever game can provide the better endgame will be superior. I feel SW:TOR is lacking in the PvP department. I cannot comment on the quality of the endgame encounters in SW:TOR, but it has a steep hill to climb against WoW. With 4.3 releasing today along with the new raid, it will be interesting to see how SW:TOR stacks up against it.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Inconsistancy

So how does this game compared to WoW?, well it will come down to endgame. Whichever game can provide the better endgame will be superior. I feel SW:TOR is lacking in the PvP department. I cannot comment on the quality of the endgame encounters in SW:TOR, but it has a steep hill to climb against WoW. With 4.3 releasing today along with the new raid, it will be interesting to see how SW:TOR stacks up against it.

Led_poison

I actually enjoyed the PvP a good bit, only played the Inquisitor (Assassin) in PvP, and I was surprised as to how well it played at mid/low level (~25), nothing felt too imba and there were enough mechanics early on to have fun.

And none of the bg's sucked.. like WoW having SotA, IoC, AV and I don't much care for EotS or Gilneas(for some reason)either.. so basically only AB, WSG,and TP. Also ToR has symmetrical maps, unlike WoW, much better in that regard... hate asymmetrical PvP.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GD1551

WoW in space with voice acting doesn't really strike me as epic. I played it a little bit, realized that that was all it was and quit. But more power to you if you do enjoy it.

Kiro0

Could you clarify on what you mean by WoW in space? Because I swear I've seen this statement a million times back in the day. Except it was people accusing WoW of being like EQ and not being all that great.