Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is so Gooooooooood!!! (No Spoilers)

• 81 results
Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Normally I play every genre as long as the game itself is good. However hack n slash game has to be extraordinary to convince me to stick to it. It's one of my least favorite genres but Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is so good that not only I enjoyed it a lot on the first playthrough, but as soon as I finished the game, I immediately started the second walkthrough and just finished it a few minutes ago. Now that's a sign of being something very special. I have to admit, Respawn is kinda growing on me. I really enjoyed Titanfall 2's campaign as well. If you did then expect even better quality and longer campaign here.

On first playthrough it took me over 13 hours to finish it. I explored 75% of the game world on my first run. First of all, graphics are absolutely gorgeous. Won't mind saying that it's among the best, if not the best. Art style is faithful to the source material. Everything is designed and animated with so much care. Every object tells a story through its wear and tear. Then there are objects that add more to the lore like old statues, plants, and so on that your companion robot BD-1 scans. It also scans new enemies/species and reveals more info about them. This info not only adds more to the lore but also reveals their weak points.

Story is great and from what I've understood, it takes place between the start of clone wars and Episode 4. Story unfolds naturally and doesn't rush anything. You visit some of the most stunning locations and it all leads to satisfying closure of the narrative. As for gameplay, I'd say it's quite challenging. Even towards the end when you become quite powerful, you can not mindlessly hack your through the world. You still have to observe enemies, notice their patterns, wait for opportune moment and strike when the time is right. You have to time your blocks too and use your force intelligently. Map on my first wakthrough felt weird. In fact, I thought it was useless. But I started to understand it on second playthrough. So, I'd call it subjective matter, and won't go much into it.

Game world is pretty big and levels are well designed and often complicated. There is a lot to explore and exploration rewards you. Loading happens in the background during small linear sections of gameplay and also during cutscenes, which means you'll need at least 16GB ram and a decent hard drive to have a totally lag free experience on highest settings. However, other than that the game runs at stable 60fps even on mid range PCs. It's optimized really well. I experienced handful of glitches on second walkthrough but nothing game breaking. On first walkthrough I didn't experience any problem. So the game is quite polished. It's not only one of the best Star Wars games out there but also one of the best games ever made. Go check it out.

Played with Mouse and Keyboard (PC)

Liked it even more on second walkthrough

9.5/10.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

wish I enjoyed it this much.

its good but I have some problems with it. Based on maybe 10 hours with the game

-platforming doesn't feel good, just kinda janky and awkward. lots of glitchy animations when jumping/climbing around. You can tell this is Respawn's first Third Person game

-some of the backtracking is alright, when you get a major new ability that lets you traverse a level in a completely different way. but having to go back through the same areas just to get to something new, or to access like 1 or 2 secrets, doesn't feel worthwhile.

-exploration is mostly rewarded with pretty lame cosmetic items that I have been pretty much ignoring, and echos that aren't very interesting/super short. gameplay impacting awards like Dark Souls would have been better.

-I don't love the combat. its alright once you unlock a bunch of moves/abilities and all the force powers but in general I think its a bit clumsy compared to something like Sekiro

For me its like a 7-7.5/10, it has decent overall pacing, a good variety of locations and new mechanics to keep things fresh. I really enjoy the light weight puzzle mechanics and level design, but it feels kinda rough around the edges and i'm not sure the Dark Souls template was the right choice for a SW game.

not as good as the Titanfall 2 campaign IMO

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

I agree. its a really good game. I hated star wars universe but end up liking it. its gameplay is great but combat with non humans just suck. with stromtroopers its good. I like that its not just carbon copy of assassins creed and tomb raider we have seen in third person genre. its a challenging game.

Its definitely best star wars game. respwan did a great job

I rate it 8/10. althought Titanfall 2 is better as stated above poster.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@with_teeth26: I can agree with your critiques.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Yeah, this one kind of came out of nowhere.....I was paying this no mind whatsoever as I do with anything EA attached to it. I'm hard pressed to believe the EA name is attached to this (free cosmetics in a single player game absent any monetization? What are we suddenly in 2005?). The game honestly feels like massive damage control for the whole Battlefield fiasco.

It's good, definitely one of the best Star Wars games to arrive in a very long time. I agree with teeth, some of the animations feel janky and amateurish, and as good as the presentation is, you can tell Respawn's still learning the intricacies of third person gaming. The combat's legit but also a bit clunky. One thing I don't like that sticks out like a sore thumb is the absence of music in combat. Much of the time you're fighting in complete silence which sucks, it would've been nice to have some type of score playing. I hate when games do this, music is essential.

Otherwise though I'm enjoying it.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Hearing great things. I will scoop this up for sure if it comes out on one of my platforms.

EDIT: Well hot damn, its already on steam. Will have to check it out.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pedro

Just a heads up, this game doesn't allow you to skip cutcenes.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yeah I really liked it. Pretty much everything about the game is great except the controls.

Combat is hit or miss. It gets better as you gain more skills, but it still feels a bit off. Dodging doesn't feel good. Certain actions seem inconsistent. Sometimes I would get hit and feel like I should have dodged. Compare that to a Souls game where I always feel getting hit is justified.

Fighting big groups of Storm Troopers is usually a lot of fun. Fighting the native species can be a bit annoying. Certain enemy combinations can be an FU from the game designers.

Platforming is fun, but again there are times when the game just feels like it's out of your control. Movement isn't tight enough for a pure action game.

I'd take off 1 point for my points above, and I'd take another for the bugs/glitches. Although I think it's better than most of GS' recent 8 & 9 scored games.

I started the game on the Jedi Master setting, but later bumped it down to Jedi Knight because I didn't feel like I had great control of the player character and was getting annoyed. I found all the secrets, but not all the chests.

Overall it's an amazing game. The locations and level design are top-notch. The story feels like a better Star Wars story than any of the recent movies.

@enzyme36 said:

Hearing great things. I will scoop this up for sure if it comes out on one of my platforms.

EDIT: Well hot damn, its already on steam. Will have to check it out.

It's also available with an Origin Premier account (à la GamePass). Pay $15, play it and cancel your premier sub.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Haven't played it but from what I've seen it doesn't look like what I want from a Star Wars games. It looks more like they stuck a bunch of different games in a blender and slapped the Star Wars license on it to sell.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: "Played with Mouse and Keyboard"

Maybe because I'm not a PC gamer. But how do you play something like this with a mouse and keyboard?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

It's the first game to feel like Star Wars since KOTOR. It just oozes Star Wars.

A really great story-driven, single-player experience that incorporates a lot of different things from Soulsborne and third-person platforming games without taking it to the unpleasant extreme either of those genres go to.

It's not perfect, however: while the level design is excellent, it can become tedious to backtravel to certain areas; and second, the progression in both plot and skills is slow at first then abruptly quick, like they're doling things out to you for a 40-hour game then all of a sudden you get everything in the last three or four hours.

Still, definitely one of the better games released this year (especially from a AAA publisher, which has been shit this year), and by far one of the best Star Wars games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts
@PSP107 said:

Maybe because I'm not a PC gamer. But how do you play something like this with a mouse and keyboard?

Haha how don't you play this game with a mouse and keyboard?

What I am curious about is why a controller could be considered preferable for a game like this?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

As a Star Wars fan, I really love it! Jedi Fallen Order is by far the best and I mean best Star Wars SP game I enjoy since Force Unleashed 2 which was 9 years ago. Respawn did a fantastic job of storytelling and I must admit, they told a better story then J.J Abram & Rian Johnson combine, Cal Kestis, I wasn't growing into him but as the game progress, I enjoy his character development, even when he was a young Padawan, it was like watching another episode of the Clone Wars TV series when the flashbacks happens. Cere, she was alright, Greeze was comedy relief and BD-1 has character development well enough that BB-8 can't compete. I'm sorry but BD-1 is so much better, it's no contest.

The combat in this game was pretty enjoyable despite the rough edges could use more polishing but the Lightsaber felt more logic how it's handle. All of that said, I'm playing it on PC and Kudos to EA, yes I'm gonna congratulate them for not screwing up another Star Wars game and hopefully this will show EA that we the Star Wars fans want more of this SP experience. One more thing, Trilla is Bae.

8/10 with a freaking badass seal of approval!!!👍👌✌

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@mrbojangles25 said:
@PSP107 said:

Haha how don't you play this game with a mouse and keyboard?

What I am curious about is why a controller could be considered preferable for a game like this?

I played Jedi Fallen Order with my trusty Xbox Elite Controller and the game even said it's best played with Controller anyways. I only talk to 2 PC player experts and they tried with KB/M and the gameplay was so intense, they switch to controls.

Look, when it comes to PC, you have options to play your games whatever suits you, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just enjoy the game how you want to play. That's what PC is all about, options.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Big Star Wars fan and everything I’ve seen on this game. Definitely looking forward to getting it myself in the near future.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I really enjoyed it on PC as well. It's not without it's flaws, but the overall package was a lot of fun. It also ran quite decently, although when streaming in new areas, there'd be some lag. I started at 4K with a mix of High/Epic and got between 45-60fps, and then decided to go with 1440p with between 80 and 120fps (very odd drop to around 60.) I also disabled the AA via the ini, and used Nvidia's sharpening to stem the slight blurriness of 1440p on a 4K screen.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#17  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

@Pedro said:

Just a heads up, this game doesn't allow you to skip cutcenes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I'm no graphics guy but the were horrendous on XB1, no fast travel, pop in is atrocious, can't skip cutscenes, boring levels, the map was design is very bad, gameplay got repetitive for me so I stopped playing it.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

I loved it. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a Star Wars game this much.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#20 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Everyone is wrong

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pedro

@BassMan: "Bu buh but the story" says the unskippable cutscene apologist.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#22 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

@Pedro said:

I do enjoy cut-scenes, but they should not be forced. Best to let the players decide how they want to enjoy the game. I still don't know why this doesn't resonate with all developers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@BassMan said:

I do enjoy cut-scenes, but they should not be forced. Best to let the players decide how they want to enjoy the game. I still don't know why this doesn't resonate with all developers.

I amazed that its still a thing in 2019.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

It's good but not great but easily best Star Wars game since EA got their hands in the license. But it does feel worth mentioning how refreshing it is just to have a straight forward game and nothing more.

As for managing expectations, I feel I was oversold on comparing it to a Souls game. It can seem that way at times, but by end of game I feel like combat got too easy, only real difficulty coming from a couple bosses toward end. I have considered upping difficulty on next playthrough but I will wait on that for now.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Will be coming home for vacation 17th of December( Bali brag!) and definitely looking forward to play this and rdr2:)

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

wish I enjoyed it this much.

its good but I have some problems with it. Based on maybe 10 hours with the game

-platforming doesn't feel good, just kinda janky and awkward. lots of glitchy animations when jumping/climbing around. You can tell this is Respawn's first Third Person game

-some of the backtracking is alright, when you get a major new ability that lets you traverse a level in a completely different way. but having to go back through the same areas just to get to something new, or to access like 1 or 2 secrets, doesn't feel worthwhile.

-exploration is mostly rewarded with pretty lame cosmetic items that I have been pretty much ignoring, and echos that aren't very interesting/super short. gameplay impacting awards like Dark Souls would have been better.

-I don't love the combat. its alright once you unlock a bunch of moves/abilities and all the force powers but in general I think its a bit clumsy compared to something like Sekiro

For me its like a 7-7.5/10, it has decent overall pacing, a good variety of locations and new mechanics to keep things fresh. I really enjoy the light weight puzzle mechanics and level design, but it feels kinda rough around the edges and i'm not sure the Dark Souls template was the right choice for a SW game.

not as good as the Titanfall 2 campaign IMO

Same. Thought it was decent, like 7/10 area, but it doesn't match up to the Jedi games of old.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Everyone is wrong

Big fax

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSP107

@davillain-: "Look, when it comes to PC, you have options to play your games whatever suits you, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just enjoy the game how you want to play. That's what PC is all about, options."

?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

@PSP107 said:

@davillain-: "Look, when it comes to PC, you have options to play your games whatever suits you, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just enjoy the game how you want to play. That's what PC is all about, options."

?

What part of option don't you understand?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#30 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Pedro said:

Would've minded cutscenes if they were there along with loading screens. But there aren't any loading screens, so don't see the issue. Instead of seeing static screen, why not see cutscene and let game load in the background? Cutscenes aren't long anyway.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pedro

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Pedro said:

Would've minded cutscenes if they were there along with loading screens. But there aren't any loading screens, so don't see the issue. Instead of seeing static screen, why not see cutscene and let game load in the background? Cutscenes aren't long anyway.

If I want to replay the game, I am forced to watch a scene that I already seen. We should not be making excuses for this kind of basic feature. All cutscenes in modern games should be skippable. It literally hurts no one with such an implementation however, the same cannot be said for not having it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Looks like a 7/10 by good game standards. I'm gonna try it out when the price is acceptable.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Looks like a 7/10 by good game standards. I'm gonna try it out when the price is acceptable.

you are missing out. its legitimately a good game. or somewhat great.

respawn did excellent job. its combat is challenging and not copy paste of AC and batman. where you click, click, reversal than click. its not.

Its easily best star wars game ever ever made.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:

I'm no graphics guy but the were horrendous on XB1, no fast travel, pop in is atrocious, can't skip cutscenes, boring levels, the map was design is very bad, gameplay got repetitive for me so I stopped playing it.

play it on PC. it looks excellent. if you want to try on console. try on PS4 pro. vanilla xbox 1 is generation behind.

map design is not bad. its just confusing and you have to find your ways in. its not handholding or arrow showing where to go.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

you are missing out. its legitimately a good game. or somewhat great.

respawn did excellent job. its combat is challenging and not copy paste of AC and batman. where you click, click, reversal than click. its not.

Its easily best star wars game ever ever made.

Yeah, I believe that it's a good game. I don't think it's a fantastic game, but I'll want to try it out at some point.

The only thing I'm missing out on is paying too much for the game. I can just wait a few weeks / months and get it for half price. I don't buy games that can be completed in 13 hours for 60 bucks, no fucking way. It's already 10 euros off on cdkey websites..

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Yeah, I believe that it's a good game. I don't think it's a fantastic game, but I'll want to try it out at some point.

The only thing I'm missing out on is paying too much for the game. I can just wait a few weeks / months and get it for half price. I don't buy games that can be completed in 13 hours for 60 bucks, no fucking way. It's already 10 euros off on cdkey websites..

13 good hours worth more than 100 hours of boring RPG.

please tell me if HL2 is not worth since its also 12 hour long.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

HL2 is awesome and no, it's not worth 60 bucks either. I think I bought it for 10. Maybe 15.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

HL2 is awesome and no, it's not worth 60 bucks either. I think I bought it for 10. Maybe 15.

the point is. not game worth 60 bucks. either buy it from cheap cd keys or wait for sale. despite of length.

most 100 hours RPG are so boring that i have to quite them before finished.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

play it on PC. it looks excellent. if you want to try on console. try on PS4 pro. vanilla xbox 1 is generation behind.

map design is not bad. its just confusing and you have to find your ways in. its not handholding or arrow showing where to go.

Why would I play it on the PRO when I have an X. Map design is bad, not confusing, and you called it the best Star Wars game ever, so you've already made any points you tried to portray as invalid ramblings of a madman with zero gaming taste.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

It's a solid 7/10. It doesn't do climbing/scaling as well as Uncharted/Creed series and doesn't do combat as well as Dark Souls/Bloodborne, but it's obviously trying to mimic both. Level design is boring and predictable, and there is little to go back and explore once new powers are enabled since most collectibles are cosmetic and worthless. As far as enemies go, the humanoid ones were decent but the flora/fauna was just a pain and absolutely worthless IMO.

It's a great start. Get a sequel out there and rework some stuff, and absolutely build around character customization, whether that's gear, stats, builds, and items (not loot). There's certainly something there but they need a round two to really perfect it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily: you only like racing games my friend, they should have made star wars racers.

Star wars games prior to that were mediocre.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Even if the map layout can be confusing, the holomap is very well done.

Sn0man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sn0man
Member since 2019 • 85 Posts

I bought this game day 1. Hated it. A lot of people are calling this dark souls with a star wars skin, I'd have to agree. It's short, and they've just amped up the combat difficulty levels to stretch it out. Same goes for them making you tediously have to backtrack through the whole level to get back to the ship. The story was also flat and uninspired.

It wasnt a horrible game, but it wasn't great. It definitely doesn't deserve the high ratings it's getting.

Another EA game, another disappointment. Nothing surprising there though. At least there weren't any microtransactions.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@sn0man: What game would you consider to have a non flat and inspired story?

Sn0man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sn0man
Member since 2019 • 85 Posts

@Pedro: Odd question, there are so many. Mass Effect, TLoU, HZD, FFX, even Dead Space had a better story.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PSP107

@davillain-:

The ? was me saying your rant wasn't necessary.

I was not questioning the player's options.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaVillain  Moderator

@PSP107: The rant wasn't for you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro

@sn0man: Its not really an odd question. I just like to see your point of reference. The games you listed with probably the exception of Mass Effect are not different from the mold you complained about.