Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order gets it's new gameplay and much better presentation then Death Stranding!

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39144 Posts

Say what you will about the evil Empire EA, but at least Respawn is doing their best making this single player stand out then their typical MP games and they did a fantastic job with Titanfall 2 single player, which is why I'm hype to play Jedi Fallen Order despite I still enjoy Star Wars. I was more entertain then Death Stranding. Day 1 for me on November 15th!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28902 Posts

Looks great. I’m definitely hyped for it. I really enjoyed Titanfall 1 and 2 was even better. Apex Legends was a very well made game but just not my kind of thing. Respawn has my trust that they can make solid games.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6439 Posts

Its still by EA you know.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1061 Posts

Looks cool. A true SP game I can get behind and support.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2663 Posts

I'm pretty keen for this game. I really have enjoyed every star wars SP game I played, even the new BF 2 campaign was great. So hopefully this streak continues.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31959 Posts

Yes, I'm dying for a good single player Star Wars game.

This one looks like it could be really enjoyable.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11010 Posts

Respawn are indeed great developer but this is wait and see.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31959 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Respawn are indeed great developer but this is wait and see.

It's a purely single player Respawn game, this looks right up your alley.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1554 Posts

Game looks pretty good, kind of nice that the big devs are starting to realize that you can’t just cram mp into everything and then make millions... of course knowing ea, not sure it’s a good thing, if they start to focus heavily on bleeding sp dry with micro transactions...

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain-  Moderator

@sakaixx said:

Its still by EA you know.

Be cautious is fine, I always say this for anyone who's still playing it safe but anyone writing this game off just because it is being Published by EA is being way paranoid. Respawn looks to have not allowed EA to screw it up with the game, there are no lootboxes or the usual EA BS we all know by now and the fact this is a single player experience, lootboxes makes no sense in a SP. I advice to anyone just wait for reviews before completely write it off but I am hoping this is a good SW game that is offering a solid SP experience and we haven't had that since The Force Unleashed 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36137 Posts

It does look better, but the Uncharted "thrill ride" stuff can get fucked. Has no place in a game.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13 MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1975 Posts

I agree that Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order will be more appealing than Death Stranding!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7299 Posts

Agree, it looks great!

I think this game is getting a bit bullied on the internet (lots of negative comments) in a way that's a bit unfair imo. Remember other bullied games (DmC, Max Payne 3) that basically killed the franchise (well DMC 5 happened ofc, but NT became uninvited). Let's hope the dark side is not too strong this time. Feels like passionate developers are trying to make a true single player game in the SW universe. Hope they succeed :)!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36137 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Agree, it looks great!

I think this game is getting a bit bullied on the internet (lots of negative comments) in a way that's a bit unfair imo. Remember other bullied games (DmC, Max Payne 3) that basically killed the franchise (well DMC 5 happened ofc, but NT became uninvited). Let's hope the dark side is not too strong this time. Feels like passionate developers are trying to make a true single player game in the SW universe. Hope they succeed :)!

Can't blame em, the marketing has been poor coupled with paedophiles probably getting a better rep than EA is atm. They had an uphill struggle from the start.

It's sort of amazing that just making "a competent Starwars game" with "no bullshit" comes across as a novelty now.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6150 Posts

Looks boring to me.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 2995 Posts

This games is canoncial in the Star Wars universe and not Legacy series (formerly Expanded Universe) material?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
@onesiphorus said:

This games is canoncial in the Star Wars universe and not Legacy series (formerly Expanded Universe) material?

The Legacy series which is known as "Legends" is the correct word but to answer your question, Jedi Fallen Order is canon to the current Star Wars series and the same with Battlefront 2 campaign being canon. In other words, Jedi Fallen Order isn't using Legends materials.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44845 Posts

Really hope the person playing the game in this demo is terrible, and we won't be taking that much of a beating in the game.

Sometimes, on rare occasions, it's nice to be a near-god. Like a jedi. I mean, stormtroopers vs jedi? Might as well be kittens vs jedi, there's just no challenge, and that's OK.

I'm still liking what I see, though, don't get me wrong. Love the traversal system, environmental obstacles. Maybe some exploration bits like Tomb Raider, it looks like. Sounds like it might be a little "Soulsborne-light" aspects to it.

*anyone else find the commentary in the video annoying? Why do people always need to be smarmy smartasses? It's annoying, not entertaining; just turn it off and make objective observations, present the facts.

@Archangel3371 said:

Looks great. I’m definitely hyped for it. I really enjoyed Titanfall 1 and 2 was even better. Apex Legends was a very well made game but just not my kind of thing. Respawn has my trust that they can make solid games.

Yeah.

Faith in Respawn: 99%

Faith in EA: 45%

So the odds are in this games favor, I am just protecting myself from the potential of EA to totally screw it up by making poor executive decisions or not giving it enough time.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 3939 Posts

Yeah no it's EA, its gonna be a micro transaction infested bug bug riddled mess.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2705 Posts

Star Wars is a shitty franchise and universe, so it doesn't interest me. I MAY check it out due to Respawn if I have a time and my friends found it to be a good game.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5268 Posts

Clearly it looks and plays better than what we saw at E3 and that's to be expected rather than doom and gloom we saw after the presentation. Months have passed and work was put into it. What has my curiosity piqued is if it is following any type of cannon, if so what, is this story completely void of the mainstream Star Wars, etc..,

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25696 Posts

It doesn't look bad, but the whole campfire copy system from Dark Souls just doesn't fit here. Enemies respawn when sitting at meditation points? In Dark Souls, it made sense because it was this strange fantasy world with bizarre turns of events, but Star Wars has always had some foothold in a more real sense. When people die, they tend to die forever. That being said, it looks decent; better than I thought it would turn out, actually.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain-  Moderator

@DragonfireXZ95: Respawn wanted to go with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice gameplay style then Dark Souls from what I read so far. I don't expect this game to be ground breaking but an experience just for SP Star War action adventure, similar to Force Unleashed.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95

@davillain- said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Respawn wanted to go with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice gameplay style then Dark Souls from what I read so far. I don't expect this game to be ground breaking but an experience just for SP Star War action adventure, similar to Force Unleashed.

I find that hard to believe considering how slow the character moves. :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

Star Wars is a shitty franchise and universe,

Exactly. its one of the most overrated franchise in entire media.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 12977 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

The original trilogy and KOTOR 1/2 are pretty great.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1146 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Yeah no it's EA, its gonna be a micro transaction infested bug bug riddled mess.

Disney likely doesn't want any controversy after the Battlefront 2 debacle. They already have enough problem with people hating the new trilogy. Respawn likely telling the truth will no microtransaction loot boxes. Could still have dlc in some capacity though.

Frostbite Engine is rumored to be at least partially responsible for the broken state Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem, and the cancellation of Visceral star wars game and the closer of Visceral games.

Respawn using Unreal Engine 4 not Frostbite. so hopefully jedi fallen order will be as polished as the Titanfall games.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2705 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

The original trilogy and KOTOR 1/2 are pretty great.

That may have been but I was saying that I found the Star Wars franchise/universe (as established in the movies) boring, generic. The stories, characters are extremely cliche and full of plot holes. There are better sci-fi franchises. Yeah, I know its history and everything but it still do nothing for me in the present day when I'm not bound by nostalgia.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98092 Posts

1:45 into it and I've got questions.

So, is that a lightsaber the protagonist is using, or just a light stick? Because he's hitting those scout troopers at the right angle to be removing limbs or severing torsos, but he's just knocking them down like its a light-up stick.

As decent as this looks, that's pretty immersion breaking. Even in Jedi Outcast II you could cut people in half (from what I recall) and their only limitation was technology. I'm guessing this is rated E-10/T because it wouldn't have made money any other way?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95
@foxhound_fox said:

So, is that a lightsaber the protagonist is using, or just a light stick? Because he's hitting those scout troopers at the right angle to be removing limbs or severing torsos, but he's just knocking them down like its a light-up stick.

As decent as this looks, that's pretty immersion breaking. Even in Jedi Outcast II you could cut people in half (from what I recall) and their only limitation was technology. I'm guessing this is rated E-10/T because it wouldn't have made money any other way?

I agree with this. The fact that no limbs are being sliced off is pretty disappointing, especially after the Jedi Knight games did it years upon years ago.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#32  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10950 Posts

It's looking like a pretty solid 7/10 game at this point. I will be playing this on PC through Origin Access Premier.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain-  Moderator

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I agree with this. The fact that no limbs are being sliced off is pretty disappointing, especially after the Jedi Knight games did it years upon years ago.

I was really surprise Respawn didn't take any notes from Force Unleashed 2 which actually allows you to dismembering troopers on the go, it work well enough and while you can slice enemies in Jedi Fallen Order, it's only for animals but not for humans at all. From my understanding, it was Disney who told Respawn it couldn't be too violent. But I'm not worry, I'm sure mod community will fix that like they did with Jedi Outcast 2.

@BassMan said:

It's looking like a pretty solid 7/10 game at this point. I will be playing this on PC through Origin Access Premier.

Same here. I wasn't gonna pay full price, but if this game is really good, I'll buy it when it's on a sale to add my collection.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#34 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10950 Posts

@davillain- said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I was really surprise Respawn didn't take any notes from Force Unleashed 2 which actually allows you to dismembering troopers on the go, it work well enough and while you can slice enemies in Jedi Fallen Order, it's only for animals but not for humans at all. From my understanding, it was Disney who told Respawn it couldn't be too violent. But I'm not worry, I'm sure mod community will fix that like they did with Jedi Outcast 2.

@BassMan said:

Same here. I wasn't gonna pay full price, but if this game is really good, I'll buy it when it's on a sale to add my collection.

I will be continuing the yearly subscription for Premier for the foreseeable future. So, there is no sense in me buying the individual games because Premier gives me access to all the EA games. If you will be cancelling the subscription, then it is good to have some key titles purchased.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1061 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I think you can slice limbs off robots and aliens, just not humanoids. Kinda sucks ass but gotta keep those squeamish do gooders happy.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17592 Posts

@uninspiredcup: "but the Uncharted "thrill ride" stuff can get fucked. Has no place in a game."

People like movies over actual gameplay.

Where you been?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17592 Posts

@uninspiredcup: "I have a 35534 Posts, did you somehow miss it until now?"

My bad I didn't literally meant you missed it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5464 Posts

From what I have seen the game looks really good. I am much more hyped up over the new Star Wars game than Death Stranding the magical mountain climbing ladder game.

I have gotten different vibes from Star Wars as time has passed, but honestly it doesn't really strike me as any other Star Wars game that has came before it. It looks fresh, entertaining with a good story and plot, and the combat doesn't look bad at all. Add in the fact you get to be a lone bad ass jedi with the possibility of starting to restore the order or finding others hiding and it makes it all the more intriguing.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#40 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79494 Posts

I'm currently limiting myself to one game a month, because I'm sick of my backlog. It really sucks that both of these games come out during the same month. I'm sticking with Jedi only because I happened to already have preordered it. Death might have to wait a month for me.

Evil_Loli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Evil_Loli
Member since 2018 • 256 Posts

Glad to know this game will be coming to EA Access and will look awesome on Xbox One X.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghosts4ever

The game is looking better and better.

It might be best third person star wars game. or best star wars since dark force 2.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3509 Posts

Looks like a cross between the witcher 3 and uncharted. Definitely picking this up even as a light Star Wars fan.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1179 Posts

If this games concept was meant to be fresh and new they would've shown nothing or spoiled it all.

In other words whoever doesnt think kojima showings were tactical instead of actual are just spoiled lol

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 816 Posts

Star Wars looks pretty decent. I'm always excited about Star Wars games , being a huge fan of the (original) movies.

By the way, Star Wars looks like a decent GAME. Death Stranding looks like a decent .. errr. I don't know. Baby care simulator?

x_Hedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 x_Hedon
Member since 2019 • 107 Posts

Death Stranding is a low standard though. This game looks awesome. I can't wait until it comes out! I love me some Star Wars!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3509 Posts

This has me interested more than death stranding but I can see death stranding being better received. I like the look of the combat and graphically looks amazing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghosts4ever
Loading Video...

Now my interest in game raise.

its not just linear walk in straight line. E3 demo was misleading by EA.

it show respawn talent and passion about it.

this is one of those third person game that is not movie game. looks far and far more interesting than last of us 2 and death stranding.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator

The thing I like what's been shown so far is the fact it's similar to Uncharted meaning you get to explore hidden stuff and you can later come back to the place and find hidden passage ways is the type of games I enjoy doing, so this also raises my hype even more so and I like the combat gameplay. Way better showing then Death Stranding despite I'm still gonna buy it day one. But Jedi Fallen Order is my most hype game this November!

Love the latest vid their Ghost4ever.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 172 Posts

No need to compare these two games. Both will sell well, and hopefully, both will be good. My greatest hope for Fallen Order, though, is that if it is successful, it might force EA to reconsider their "games as a service" strategy. And if I'm dreaming big, then I'd hope this could lead to KOTOR 3.